Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4216416 - 01/13/16 10:40 AM Mustang seems now too easy to fly !  
CHDT Offline
CHDT  Offline

Switzerland
Hi all,

Since the last update, it seems to me that the Mustang has become really easy to fly, especially when starting.
I can't feel any more the torque as it was before the update. In fact, no need to trim the aircraft, full throttle and it is in the air, without any care to take !

Before, I crashed the Mustang a lot of times, before being able to get the aircraft in the air properly.

I precise that the settings are "full simulation", with no "rudder aid" for the Mustang.

To say the truth, it seems to me that those aids are working, even if they are not selected in the game settings !

Any idea ?

PS: could it be a problem with some config file which becomes "read only" during the update process ?

Last edited by CHDT; 01/13/16 12:22 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4219257 - 01/20/16 07:59 AM Re: Mustang seems now too easy to fly ! [Re: CHDT]  
petethehatch Offline
petethehatch  Offline

portsmouth.UK
Originally Posted By: CHDT
Hi all,

Since the last update, it seems to me that the Mustang has become really easy to fly, especially when starting.
I can't feel any more the torque as it was before the update. In fact, no need to trim the aircraft, full throttle and it is in the air, without any care to take !

Before, I crashed the Mustang a lot of times, before being able to get the aircraft in the air properly.

I precise that the settings are "full simulation", with no "rudder aid" for the Mustang.

To say the truth, it seems to me that those aids are working, even if they are not selected in the game settings !

Any idea ?
what update version I just update the new 1.5 version.cant even get the 51 to start on auto.guy on here told me to press primer switch in auto mode when start switch came on, so I did last night it bloody worked.if ya want to join me I be on week end and teamspeak (SimHQ)

PS: could it be a problem with some config file which becomes "read only" during the update process ?

CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
#4219273 - 01/20/16 09:29 AM Re: Mustang seems now too easy to fly ! [Re: CHDT]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Sometimes DCS bugs where it shows an option at a certain value but it really isn't there. Change the options to the value you don't want, save, and then change them back to the ones you do.

#4219331 - 01/20/16 12:52 PM Re: Mustang seems now too easy to fly ! [Re: CHDT]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Yeah I've noticed the same thing too. I know I have all options set to simulation, but I cannot get the P51 or the Mig 15 into a spin. Seems way too easy. The Mig 15 I can yank the sick all the way back, buffets, and stalls, but never have I experienced a spin in either aircraft.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4219940 - 01/21/16 06:12 PM Re: Mustang seems now too easy to fly ! [Re: CHDT]  
CHDT Offline
CHDT  Offline

Switzerland
Me too, also on the F-86.
The aircraft seems now "too easy".
I know "too easy" is not a very useful remark for a developer,
but playing aviation sims for more than ten years now,
such a remark may nevertheless be taken in consideration.

On the Mustang also, not only the start is too easy (almost no torque), but
in flight too, the aircraft seems now too "gentle", cannot say that in other way!

#4221227 - 01/25/16 12:21 PM Re: Mustang seems now too easy to fly ! [Re: CHDT]  
CHDT Offline
CHDT  Offline

Switzerland
Hi all,

Just in case ;-)

++++++++++++++++++++
UPDATE and a very important one (at least for me) ;-)

So, I've deleted my C/Users/Defaut/Saved games/DCS/ and I've tried some quick missions just some minutes ago.

Torque is back, realistic FM's too, I can get spins and break again my Merlins, it looks that the game is 100% operational again !!!!! :-)

So, to guys having experienced problems like me since the last big patch, try to delete this folder if you find it.
++++++++++++++++++++

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159420

#4238690 - 03/10/16 11:35 PM Re: Mustang seems now too easy to fly ! [Re: CHDT]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
Try narrowing the problem. And also make it more... scientific, sort of speak...

1. That folder contains a lot of things. Most of them have nothing to do with P-51 handling
2. Make it reversible as you need to be able to falsify your observations. Restore if you can those files and test again.

For what I can observe (I haven't flew the 51 in long time but I did observed I got good at it, that happen to Dora and 109 but still not in same extent) the only places your observations might be true are:

1. Input folder where your control setups are placed.

If you had messed with curves for your axes you might have some changes in the way your plane responds to your inputs. Deleting that folder makes those files be recreated with default values.

This means... nothing to do with the game...

2. fxo folder contains some strange files that at a quick glance look like shaders but... who knows maybe they have something to do with it. So you need to restore and delete a few times the old files to test if they really have any influence. Maybe pin point what file because if you delete all 15 files there and fly immediately a P51 maybe just one file will be recreated and that is a hint of what may influence.

My bet is you simply deleted your controls that were set with more dead zones and/or curves and the plane became more docile as you could not abused him like with default input curves (which are linear).

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.