Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
#4207670 - 12/18/15 10:14 PM Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
So, I figured maybe here we can start talking about it without having to worry about spoiling it for anyone else. So....discuss!

Last chance! Spoilers ahead!

OK, I loved it especially that it made me forget the last 3 Star Wars travesties but why did they have to kill off my favorite character?!? I loved seeing the movie but when I think about it I get so bummed out.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4207686 - 12/18/15 10:38 PM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted By: bones

OK, I loved it especially that it made me forget the last 3 Star Wars travesties but why did they have to kill off my favorite character?!? I loved seeing the movie but when I think about it I get so bummed out.

v6,
boNes

One of my friends put it best- it was like watching a family member die. frown

So, any guesses as to who Rey's parents are?

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
#4207691 - 12/18/15 10:54 PM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

I think Luke is Rey's father,

#4207693 - 12/18/15 11:00 PM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Still felt like watching a better version of IV

And the cinema screamed Noooooo when the father got run through with the sabre

Edit:

Lando is Rey's Father biggrin

Last edited by Alicatt; 12/18/15 11:02 PM.

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4207696 - 12/18/15 11:03 PM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
I agree that Rey is Luke's daughter. In the trailer there is that voice-over where Luke says "I have (the Force), my father had it, and you have it too." I'm surprised this wasn't in the film. I expected him to say that to her at the end. But I'm convinced he is her father. I mean, she has the Force, she is good at it, and she was left behind on Jakku and awaits her parents (although it looked as if Kylo killed one).

I see a big plot hole though that I hope they patch up in the next episodes. Where did that alien get Luke's lightsaber? It was Anakin's, which Ben gave him--which he lost when Vade chopped his hand off on Bespin. So how did it appear out of nowhere in the box? I mean, that was the whole reason Luke had to make the green one?

v6,
boNes

I'm still bummed out by Han's death. After all he's been through and has meant to anyone...and this is how he goes, not even a body to recover. Sigh....

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4207700 - 12/18/15 11:07 PM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
The woman that ran the cantina where Ren got the lightsabre reminded me of Hettie from NCIS LA

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4207728 - 12/19/15 12:20 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
MigBuster Offline
MigBuster  Offline

UK
Well I never James Bond on a secret mission as a Stormtrooper http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0185819/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t79

'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
#4207729 - 12/19/15 12:24 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: MigBuster]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: MigBuster
Well I never James Bond on a secret mission as a Stormtrooper http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0185819/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t79

Tk-421 license not to kill lol.

#4207735 - 12/19/15 12:48 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
I still hope Han will pull a Gandalf.

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4207737 - 12/19/15 12:54 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand
Not sure if I dreamed this but wasn't Harrison Ford originally pretty non committal to do these new movies. I'm guessing he came back with the caveat that Han would be killed off.

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#4207743 - 12/19/15 01:02 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
I've read that Ford signed up with Disney for three movies. With these bad news, apparently that means we'll get two new Indy movies with him. Yay......I guess.

Still bummed. IMO, they could have killed everyone else from the old cast and the new and I wouldn't have cared. But Han?! He was my childhood hero! Thanks a lot, JJ!! ar15

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4207761 - 12/19/15 01:49 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: Jayhawk]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk

I hope not. It would make the character exit cheesy then. Either kill him or don't, don't make it unbelievable. It sucks that he's gone, but to bring him back would only be accompanied by some silly story that would make it worse than it really is.

I thought for sure that he would live through all the Star Wars movies since I too heard he signed up for 3 movies. Well, Indiana Jones it is, then, I guess. Unless they are going to do flashback scenes in future movies.

Another thought I had. The Rebellion succeeded in taking out the governing body at the time (The Empire). They had nearly 40 years to get it together yet there is a First Order that arguable looks as big and powerful if not more than the previous Empire...how'd THAT happen after the Rebellion took out the Empire AND its leadership? Boy, they really dropped the ball on that one. Even with a New Republic and Senate (which the First Order was so vocal about destroying), they were supposed to be in control yet there is a big enough First Order where they need a Resistance? Big time drop of the ball, Rebels, big time.

I do love the scenes where characters are hanging out amongst old wreckage...taking shade behind an AT-AT foot, flying through a dead Imperial Star Destroyer. I love the references to the older films too. The use of the Falcon's smuggling compartments to hide out again, wearing the gas masks that were first scene in the Mynocks/Space Slug scene from "Empire," the holographic gameboard...even Finn as FN4187...I recall how in "Star Wars" the Imperial Officer was looking for the missing TK421...

v6,
boNes

#4207762 - 12/19/15 01:50 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: Jayhawk]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
I've read that Ford signed up with Disney for three movies. With these bad news, apparently that means we'll get two new Indy movies with him. Yay......I guess.

Still bummed. IMO, they could have killed everyone else from the old cast and the new and I wouldn't have cared. But Han?! He was my childhood hero! Thanks a lot, JJ!! ar15

I feel your pain, he was my childhood hero too (well, besides Indy---hey same guy!)

v6,
boNes

#4207776 - 12/19/15 02:51 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

So TRUE!

#4207782 - 12/19/15 03:22 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Sad, but true...mostly.

v6,
boNes

#4207801 - 12/19/15 07:21 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
IceManHG Offline
IceManHG  Offline

San Diego
Originally Posted By: bones

Another thought I had. The Rebellion succeeded in taking out the governing body at the time (The Empire). They had nearly 40 years to get it together yet there is a First Order that arguable looks as big and powerful if not more than the previous Empire...how'd THAT happen after the Rebellion took out the Empire AND its leadership? Boy, they really dropped the ball on that one. Even with a New Republic and Senate (which the First Order was so vocal about destroying), they were supposed to be in control yet there is a big enough First Order where they need a Resistance? Big time drop of the ball, Rebels, big time.

v6,
boNes

I'm having a hard time accepting the First Order as anything serious after the base was destroyed. How is Hux in charge anyway? He is way too young to be a General. These are supposed to be the remnants of the Empire. Why does everyone in the First Order look like they are straight out of college? Where are the old grizzled Imperials? Captain Phasma was completely useless, Kylo Ren is a Darth Vader wannabe with temper tantrums and I have no idea what Snoke is. Is he Sith? Something else?It feels like the First Order are children who read about the Empire in a history book and are trying to emulate it. Poorly.

Last edited by IceManHG; 12/19/15 07:23 AM.

US Army Combat Veteran,
OIF Vet
13P
#4207848 - 12/19/15 11:48 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
MigBuster Offline
MigBuster  Offline

UK
Mark Hamill quoted on set something like it's 30 years later and everything is totally different, but exactly the same.

I totally loved it despite the obvious silly parts and am going back to watch it at the cinema today and have never gone back to see a film in my life twice.........that's what cinema should be for me.

'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
#4207850 - 12/19/15 11:51 AM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: IceManHG]  
MigBuster Offline
MigBuster  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: IceManHG

I'm having a hard time accepting the First Order as anything serious after the base was destroyed. How is Hux in charge anyway? He is way too young to be a General. These are supposed to be the remnants of the Empire. Why does everyone in the First Order look like they are straight out of college? Where are the old grizzled Imperials? Captain Phasma was completely useless, Kylo Ren is a Darth Vader wannabe with temper tantrums and I have no idea what Snoke is. Is he Sith? Something else?It feels like the First Order are children who read about the Empire in a history book and are trying to emulate it. Poorly.

Didn't realise Serkis was Snoke..............have to say I thought it looked like Golum in the first shot!

#4207867 - 12/19/15 01:01 PM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
FlyingToaster Offline
FlyingToaster  Offline

Scotland
I did wonder why the Republic needs a Resistance to fight this First Order. Has the First Order practically defeated the Republic? Did the Republic stand down its military and is unable to recruit one because of politics?

#4207882 - 12/19/15 02:37 PM Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussions with Spoilers for Those Who Have seen It [Re: bones]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
When Han was run through, I couldn't quite believe it. Turned to the wife who was equally shocked. Didn't see that coming. I thought Luke would've appeared and sorted that vile child out.

I felt like I did when I saw James T die on screen!

Awesome film. I liked that the story was similar to New Hope, felt as if it was indeed a new beginning.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.