Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4202203 - 12/03/15 05:25 PM Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

Once again a trailer spoils the best moments and twists.

A few of the things in there really bother me. This has fallen now to my Meh! watching list.

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 12/03/15 05:25 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4202258 - 12/03/15 06:16 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Hmm as I sat there watching this I was trying to figure out what the outcome could be for this major impasse between to heroes and couldn't think of how it could end until they revealed the superhuman monster thing. I'm assuming they are forced to take up arms together instead of against each other to battle this thing. So that answers that I guess. Could be interesting.

I don't know his name but I cannot stand that actor who plays the crazy guy there with the short red hair. I've not seen any movies with him but every time I see him in a commercial or interview I just can't stand him. Maybe he's a nice guy I don't know but he always comes off as a major prick and I just can't even stand to look at him.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4202263 - 12/03/15 06:29 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Jesse Eisenberg? I've always gotten a good impression of him from interviews. Zombieland is regular viewing here. He was good as Zuckerberg in The Social Network. Now You See Me was kind of overlooked, but very interesting movie that's getting a sequel. Those are the only movies I know him from though.
I do think he's an odd choice to play Lex, but we'll just have to see what Zack Snyder has in mind. He hasn't disappointed me yet, other than Sucker Punch feeling "forced" (but still good).

I agree they gave away too much in that trailer. The Clark and Bruce butting heads thing was to be expected, but the twist and 2 appearances should've been reserved for the movie.
One thing I like about the Star Wars hype, which is a little much these days, is that as far as the movie itself, we still don't know a whole lot. There's a lot to be discovered at the theater.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4202266 - 12/03/15 06:30 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
DC and WB have so much riding on this film it's not even funny. I'm sure Snyder is sweating bullets.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4202719 - 12/04/15 07:02 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

I keep replaying that trailer in 1080p and it just looks more like 640x480 SD.

The first trailer didn't do it for me.

The second trailer didn't do it for me.

Is third time the charm for me?

NOPE!

(I didn't care for Man Of Steel either!)

#4202721 - 12/04/15 07:08 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
"Man of Steel" was pretty good IMHO but it was nothing earth-shattering (no pun intended).

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4202817 - 12/05/15 12:12 AM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Jesse Eisenberg? I've always gotten a good impression of him from interviews. Zombieland is regular viewing here. He was good as Zuckerberg in The Social Network. Now You See Me was kind of overlooked, but very interesting movie that's getting a sequel. Those are the only movies I know him from though.

"The Squid and the Whale" and "Adventureland" were very good movies.

#4202824 - 12/05/15 12:32 AM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered

rofl

This was on my watch list because of the mysterious Batman/Superman conflict. Didn't know how it will end. Is it in-line with Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, or something more dark and gruesome?

But the cheesy shot of the three of them standing together against Doomsday really put me off. (People have been speculating about Doomsday being the enemy so when I saw Zod's corpse I already knew where it was going). The conflict between Batman and Superman was just a complicated waltz for an uber alliance.

Changed my mind to: Not watching.

This is going to be a decent failure. It will take a miracle for this to save DC and WB. After this, the only best option for them is to continue making animations. As far as I know, DC still leads Marvel in animated features. In fact with all the animated movies they've put out, the universe in DC animated is more well established than Marvel. The only problem is that their animated features were not strategically made. Most of them are stand-alone features like "Justice League: Gods and Monsters".

IMO
Something forced them to make the revelation. Probably, the numbers weren't promising. Most likely their market research warned them that interest in the movie is not good. Remember the Nolan Batman movies where the trailers revealed absolutely nothing? That's cause they're confident they'll get the audience. Same with Star Wars and Star Trek not revealing important plot points because the numbers are good. They don't have to do it.

#4202985 - 12/05/15 05:31 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
It still looks too dark, and I have seen a treatment where they brightened up Man of Steel. I am leaning toward the Frank Miller Batman, he even appears to have some sort of gun which might be for a grappling device or projectiles like the comic and it's possible they are leaning toward some of the elements in that story. I'm disappointed they revealed Doomsday but that may be a ruse we may see something even better in the theater.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4202990 - 12/05/15 05:39 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

Why is S fighting B, anyway?

#4202995 - 12/05/15 05:54 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: CG2015]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted By: CG2015
Why is S fighting B, anyway?

Supes fights for Justice, Batman deals out Vigilante style Justice. Naturally Supes doesn't really agree with these methods and seeks him out. Batman thinks he's a dangerous Alien and rightly so.. Lex sees an opportunity to take them both out puts on a big frame-up sure to result in a confrontation. Disagreement ensues, The Bats is a lot tougher than he looks and smart, he has a few surprises but wait there's a big bad monster chewing up the city! we have to work together or millions will perish! ..who's the hot chick !!? umm?

I dunno, does that about sum it up for you? You owe me $10 (you can make your own popcorn) duck

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 12/08/15 01:18 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4202999 - 12/05/15 06:18 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

Thank you KRT_Bong.

Here's the $10 I owe you.

#4203096 - 12/06/15 01:32 AM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: ]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Originally Posted By: oselisan
rofl

This was on my watch list because of the mysterious Batman/Superman conflict. Didn't know how it will end. Is it in-line with Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, or something more dark and gruesome?

But the cheesy shot of the three of them standing together against Doomsday really put me off. (People have been speculating about Doomsday being the enemy so when I saw Zod's corpse I already knew where it was going). The conflict between Batman and Superman was just a complicated waltz for an uber alliance.

Changed my mind to: Not watching.

This is going to be a decent failure. It will take a miracle for this to save DC and WB. After this, the only best option for them is to continue making animations. As far as I know, DC still leads Marvel in animated features. In fact with all the animated movies they've put out, the universe in DC animated is more well established than Marvel. The only problem is that their animated features were not strategically made. Most of them are stand-alone features like "Justice League: Gods and Monsters".

IMO
Something forced them to make the revelation. Probably, the numbers weren't promising. Most likely their market research warned them that interest in the movie is not good. Remember the Nolan Batman movies where the trailers revealed absolutely nothing? That's cause they're confident they'll get the audience. Same with Star Wars and Star Trek not revealing important plot points because the numbers are good. They don't have to do it.

Arrow and Flash seem to be doing well, I really enjoy them.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4203098 - 12/06/15 01:41 AM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I got hooked on Arrow big time, although they lightened up the mood a little too much this season. The flashback story continues to be excellent. Flash is really good too. Leading up nicely to Legends next month.
Also gave Agents of Shield another chance and I'm pleased due to the ongoing story arcs. Not quite as good as the DC shows, but good. I wish CW was in HD on DirecTV, it nice on Netflix.

Man of Steel was probably the best Superman video offering ever IMO. The new one should be very good too. It's hard to complain about a comic book character story being predictable, that's just part of it and true to the nature of the comics too.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4203329 - 12/06/15 06:49 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: CG2015]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted By: CG2015
Thank you KRT_Bong.

Here's the $10 I owe you.

Oooh and a collectors note at that

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4203359 - 12/06/15 08:40 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
If Jessie Eisenberg comes off as a prick, then it can only help him as Lex Luthor. I'm no Superman expert but I seem to recall Lex being a super prick! biggrin

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4203362 - 12/06/15 08:44 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
letterboy1 Offline
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
BTW, I love this trailer and I have a serious woody for Wonder Woman's appearance in the last scene.

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4204066 - 12/08/15 06:40 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered

The last time I watched a DC superhero TV series was probably in the 90s. There's this Flash TV series back then IIRC. Still remember the intro scene where he spins a billiards ball.

Not a fan of smallville or heroes etc. so that was the last superhero series I really watched.

Will check out Arrow and Flash.

Man of Steel really rubbed me the wrong way and I still watch it from time to time because the art is good and the costume design is good. However, every time I watch it, I discover something new that annoys me. It's like reading Hamlet for the first few times but instead of discovering something intriguing, it's the opposite.

For example I recently watched a few clips of the city battle. Then I discovered something wrong. This superman spent ZERO minutes saving people. The only thing I can recall is him saving Lois. In superman returns and others he would be flying all over the place helping people out preventing casualties.

Enough of that. Truth be told a small part of me is wishing Superman Vs Batman isn't what I'm expecting it to be and will turn out good.

Last edited by oselisan; 12/08/15 06:51 PM.
#4204078 - 12/08/15 06:53 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I loved that show back in 1990! Too bad it was only 1 season.

FYI: John Wesley Shipp (Flash in the prev show) plays the father of the Flash in this show.
Amanda Pays, who was the Star Labs scientist in the old show has had a few cameos in the new show as an exec of a competing lab.
Mark Hamill reprised his role as the Trickster, years after being put away in kind of a Hannibal Lecter way.

#4204083 - 12/08/15 07:04 PM Re: Superman Vs. Batman : Dawn of Justice trailer 2 [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
For Man of Steel, he did try to save people when he could. The guy falling from the chopper while fighting those 2 Kryptonians.
Zod didn't give him much of a chance, although he should've tried to make him follow him out of town. Zod wanted to destroy the place though, so why would he? He wanted to kill the humans in particular, with Sups watching. Taking the fight elsewhere doesn't make sense from the stand point of the bad guys though, and would've come off as convenient and unrealistic IMO. Might as well be doing silly things like throwing plastic S's at the enemy. LOL

I think we'll find that's the jumping point to the new movie, from the writing decision stand point. That's what pisses off Batman and gets him to come get involved. If the fight had taken place in the middle of nowhere, he couldn't care less if aliens wanted to destroy each other as long as human lives weren't lost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.