Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4198507 - 11/24/15 04:13 PM CLoD newbie stuff  
rockhpi Offline
rockhpi  Offline

Hazel Park, MI
So, I purchased CLoD the day it came out, ran it and oohed and ahhed at the cockpit graphics and then sort of put it away until it got completed (which turned out to be a very long wait). I brushed it off recently and installed the TF patches and programmed just enough into my Warthog to let me fly around a bit and take potshots at bombers in Quick Missions.

I looked around for something that gives a 50-words-or-less summary of what TF has added/changed but didn't really see anything. What's the brief overview of what's new/what still remains?

It doesn't look like anything's been done with the single-player campaigns, which I understand were pretty bad. I mostly fly offline.

The menu music does not get me pumped up to shoot the Luftwaffe - I believe I found the solution to that in another thread. Can you change out the picture as well?

I see an occasional stutter when flying. It's not really that bad but does come up from time to time.

I have Chuck's 600-page guide which is great but I'll probably watch some videos to get me going on flying full-real settings. I kind of wish the keystrokes were all mapped because trying to keep straight which keys you set for things AND mapping to the stick is sort of more work than it needs to be. It's not always the best solution to map the button straight to the game.

That's all, I guess...just a little overwhelmed at how much there is to learn!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4198551 - 11/24/15 05:01 PM Re: CLoD newbie stuff [Re: rockhpi]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted By: rockhpi

I looked around for something that gives a 50-words-or-less summary of what TF has added/changed but didn't really see anything. What's the brief overview of what's new/what still remains?
Quote:

The list is extensive - but most fix are "under the hood" (e.g. planes performance to be more close possible as the real ones), added various new variants of existing planes, graphics enhancements, effects (some overdone)... But nothing that change the game radically (IMO).

In ATAG forum are readme of the changes done be each patch.

[quote]
It doesn't look like anything's been done with the single-player campaigns, which I understand were pretty bad. I mostly fly offline.

The stock campaigns remain the same, are good 3rd. part one, like done be Heinkill, Piper_Kiev and others.
A kind of Dynamic Campaign system is included in the game, has some limitations but offer a diverse experience.

The AI are not changed (is planed some improvement for TF 5.0), and as in the most game mission and stork campaign are set in rookie or average the result is poor.

In 1c Forum are a .bat that change skill for stock missions, make difference.

[quote]

The menu music does not get me pumped up to shoot the Luftwaffe - I believe I found the solution to that in another thread. Can you change out the picture as well?

That menu music can be turned off, deleted or replaced be any you want (like in iL-2'46) - in game folder /music.

Background pictures are changed by TF patches eventually, but is not allowed for player change since are in SFS protected files.

You can add a picture in instrument panel (folder DashPic).

Quote:

I see an occasional stutter when flying. It's not really that bad but does come up from time to time.
~

Some users dont have some have, is very computer settings dependent. See related thread in ATAG.

Quote:

I have Chuck's 600-page guide which is great but I'll probably watch some videos to get me going on flying full-real settings. I kind of wish the keystrokes were all mapped because trying to keep straight which keys you set for things AND mapping to the stick is sort of more work than it needs to be. It's not always the best solution to map the button straight to the game.

As you see in Chuck's guides, different planes have different commands, is not possible a "universal" profile for all planes.
The game GUI allow save profiles for plane.

As example, although have no practical use in game unless to turn off the engine in G-50, the magnetos have two different types of operation, be "toggle switch in British planes and be "rotary switch" in Luftwaffe/Italian planes, so need different keys. Propeller pitch control work inverted in Bf 109 relative to Spit (a remaining bug).

Here in ATAG "Flight School" are listed the commands need for each plane:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Happy flights.

Last edited by Sokol1; 11/25/15 09:14 PM.
#4198588 - 11/24/15 06:02 PM Re: CLoD newbie stuff [Re: rockhpi]  
rockhpi Offline
rockhpi  Offline

Hazel Park, MI
Thank you for the replies!

#4199297 - 11/26/15 06:16 AM Re: CLoD newbie stuff [Re: rockhpi]  
Murph Offline
Murph  Offline

Aurora,CO,USA
Go over to the ATAG forums. You'll find Lewis' "beginner's guide" as well as links to Chuck's guides to the game as well as to individual aircraft.

Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.