Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
#4197629 - 11/22/15 08:26 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Revelation78 Offline
Revelation78  Offline

VA
Originally Posted By: Wolfstriked
They took a poll asking what we wanted most.The poll ended and dynamic campaign was clear winner.Why is no mention on their site that they will start to work on this?
dizzy

They have been slowly working towards a DC campaign for sometime. I.E. Quick mission generator, airbase re-supply, etc...

Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
there are thousands and thousands of posts here at SiMHQ saying the exact opposite, posted over ten years
Really? I highly doubt thousands and thousands. I believe you are exaggerating a bit. Not to mention any of those threads are posted by the same 10 people....

there are hundreds of SimHQ members that were banned form that "forum" because their opinions did not conform with the received truth
You do like to exaggerate don't you?

even I, a veteran of over 10 years gave up on the developer and dont care anymore what it does.
Then why do you frequent the DCS forums on SimHQ and why do you still work on skins? Why not close LockonFiles and dedicate your efforts somewhere else?

that developer does not give a sh1t about constructive criticism, you know it, I know it, everybody does know this. If it did, we would not be engaged once more in this circular argument.
Well now you are just being disingenuous. ED does listen to the feedback - hence:
Single Executable
Single Core Game (DCS World) with modules that tie into it instead of separate games (i.e. BS2 / A-10C days)
3rd Party Development Support
New Maps (delayed, yes, they are coming none-the-less)
Graphical Improvements (Dx11)
Improved Performance
Added Rift Support
Testing Vive Support
Wag's Livestreams (that aren't really live anymore - increased communication has been very welcomed)

The list actually goes on, that's all I could remember off the top of my head. That is not even getting into the countless other issues that have been fixed as part of "feedback." So while you are jaded for some reason; doesn't mean ED is screwing their customers. While ED does have some issues, something I have acknowledged before even on ED's own forums, they are no where near as bad as you claim. Funny, I have given constructive criticism of ED and I am not banned from their forums.....

Hmmm.... Must be something wrong with their ban hammer then.

So while a vocal minority here on SimHQ like to get together and talk about ED, akin to High School gossip as part of some clique, your view do no necessarily represent any views other than your own. I find it funny that you are on here talking about "so many" people being upset, yet I never hear from them... It's always the same 10 people...

So again, if ED has wronged you so, WHY are you using their products? WHY are you even visiting a forum about their products IF ED is so bad that you words fall on "deaf ears?"

Last edited by Revelation78; 11/22/15 08:27 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4197630 - 11/22/15 08:27 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
If I remember correctly the gulf or Afghanistan. I really don't see much use in the polls over there.

You are aware that the Straight of Hormuz is actually part of the Persian Gulf, yes?

#4197631 - 11/22/15 08:29 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Sobek]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sobek
If I remember correctly the gulf or Afghanistan. I really don't see much use in the polls over there.

You are aware that the Straight of Hormuz is actually part of the Persian Gulf, yes?

yes but not the part one would expect, in the current political climate, to be made. and you know that

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4197633 - 11/22/15 08:33 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Revelation78 Offline
Revelation78  Offline

VA

yes but not the part one would expect, in the current political climate, to be made. and you know that

Really? So Iran is not in the process of trying to build Nukes and it hasn't been a hot topic in US politics? So Iran has never threatened to close SoH shipping lanes via military force? So the US hasn't been building forces in and around Iran with the idea of one day invading Iran? So the US hasn't had a contingency plan on the books since the Iraq Invasion to also invade Iran?

#4197634 - 11/22/15 08:34 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

It completely baffles me as to (a) who thought an l39 was a good idea and (b) who could possibly want it.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4197635 - 11/22/15 08:35 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

If you are strictly after historical missions, well alright then i'll give you that.

Given its geopolitical significance and the geography, i find it a very good choice.

Last edited by Sobek; 11/22/15 08:35 PM.
#4197636 - 11/22/15 08:36 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Boomer]  
Revelation78 Offline
Revelation78  Offline

VA
Originally Posted By: Boomer
It completely baffles me as to (a) who thought an l39 was a good idea and (b) who could possibly want it.

a) you'd have to ask ED

b) apparently a lot of people, in fact, bought it

While it's not a DCS F/A-18C that many of us are waiting on, it is ED's test bed for multi-crew. Love it or hate it, that is the case.

#4197637 - 11/22/15 08:36 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Boomer]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

It's a pretty iconic plane in ex eastern block countries.

#4197638 - 11/22/15 08:38 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Sobek]  
Revelation78 Offline
Revelation78  Offline

VA

I sometimes think people forget where ED is based out of.

#4197640 - 11/22/15 08:40 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
AZAviator Offline
AZAviator  Offline

Arizona

even I, a veteran of over 10 years gave up on the developer and dont care anymore what it does.

Then why do you frequent the DCS forums on SimHQ and why do you still work on skins? Why not close LockonFiles and dedicate your efforts somewhere else?

Well said!

thumbsup

I-7 4770K @ 4.5 Ghz, EVGA 980ti 6Gb SC,Corsair H110 water cooler, Asus Maximus VI Hero, EVGA Supernova 1000 watt power supply, Team Extreme LV 16 Gb ram @2100 MHz, Four Samsung Evo solid state drives, Windows 10.

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.
#4197642 - 11/22/15 08:41 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Revelation78]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted By: Revelation78

I sometimes think people forget where ED is based out of.

Russia, next.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4197644 - 11/22/15 08:44 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Revelation78]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Really? So Iran is not in the process of trying to build Nukes and it hasn't been a hot topic in US politics? So Iran has never threatened to close SoH shipping lanes via military force? So the US hasn't been building forces in and around Iran with the idea of one day invading Iran? So the US hasn't had a contingency plan on the books since the Iraq Invasion to also invade Iran?

Heh If you say so. Besides the point. you know the region folk were after in the poll was the northern gulf/Iraq. So why are we getting an L39 and not an f16 if ED pay any attention to the polls?

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4197645 - 11/22/15 08:45 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Revelation78]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun

there are hundreds of SimHQ members that were banned form that "forum" because their opinions did not conform with the received truth

You do like to exaggerate don't you?

really ?

mind your manners, you are not talking to your buddies in a bar, when you address me, do it as you would anyone you don't know but want to have a civilized conversation with that person.

anyhow, even if you can't do that let me explain to you few facts.

seems that you really do not understand what community means, let me clarify in simple words for you.

LockOnFiles is a community website

I am a member of that community

many people invest their money and time into that website

closing it is something that will never happen

I don't make skins for Eagle Dynamics - I make them for 2 reasons

because it is my hobby

because people like it

now, the fact that I like, dislike, care, don't care for this or that developer has nothing to do with making skins, I do them because I like flight sims.

the fact that I may be very critical does not stop me from treating Eagle Dynamics and its work with respect, and to provide our community with support. I know where to draw the line. Some people don't.

and I respect and abide the rules of SimHQ.

#4197647 - 11/22/15 08:50 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Revelation78 Offline
Revelation78  Offline

VA
Heh If you say so.
Right... Sure... How about actually looking for yourself?

Besides the point.
Really, it's not. You are deflecting...

you know the region folk were after in the poll was the northern gulf/Iraq.
Great. Would I have liked that area as well, YOU BET! The SoH area is just fine for ME engagements. There are plenty of real-world conflicts in that area to have realistic and or historical scenarios.

So why are we getting an L39 and not an f16 if ED pay any attention to the polls?

1. Actually the F-18 won out on the last poll that I remember.
2. The L-39C could have been done as part of a military contract and ED was able to make it available to the community - WIN, WIN!.
3. Maybe ED can't do an F-16. Maybe they already did one but DoD will not authorize a commercial venture. Maybe ED just doesn't feel like they have enough info to do it "right."

#4197654 - 11/22/15 09:00 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Revelation78 Offline
Revelation78  Offline

VA

mind your manners,
Hmmm... No...

you are not talking to your buddies in a bar, when you address me, do it as you would anyone you don't know but want to have a civilized conversation with that person.
So it's perfectly okay with the way you talk about Ed and it's moderators, but everyone has to bow down to your Highness? Maybe you should follow the old adage of "practice what you preach?"

seems that you really do not understand what community means, let me clarify in simple words for you.
I fully understand what community means. YOU portray yourself, many times, as though LockonFiles is your craftsmanship.

LockOnFiles is a community website

I am a member of that community

many people invest their money and time into that website
Then end your relationship with the site if ED has wronged you in such a way as you lead others to believe.

I don't make skins for Eagle Dynamics
No one stated that.

- I make them for 2 reasons

because it is my hobby

because people like it
So if you are so unhappy with ED why continue? Why not make skins or other assets for other titles? I have cut ties with Devs in the past that I thought were #%&*$#. I don't visit their forums, nor do I buy any other their products. I don't go around forums for their products to talk about how bad they are and continue to use their products or create content for their products.

the fact that I may be very critical
That is well within your right.

does not stop me from treating Eagle Dynamics and its work with respect
We must have different definitions for this word.

I know where to draw the line. Some people don't.
Since you were banned at ED's forums, we can clearly see that you may not...

#4197658 - 11/22/15 09:06 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Sobek]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Addendum: It's also a much used aerobatics plane, see the Breitling and Patriots Jet Teams, heck, due to its affordability there's even a L-39 class at the races in Reno.

#4197662 - 11/22/15 09:13 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Sobek]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland

Addendum: It's also a much used aerobatics plane, see the Breitling and Patriots Jet Teams, heck, due to its affordability there's even a L-39 class at the races in Reno.

Just had a look at that on Youtube, mental stuff (racing starts at about the 2 minute mark)

Nate

#4197663 - 11/22/15 09:13 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Revlation78, I would love to engage you in a long discussion about everything you wrote, but I won't.

I don't care what the developer of DCSW does or fails to do, good luck to them in all their endeavors, I hope they release good stuff to entertain us.

I don't care for their Forum, Moderation etc.

I am just a SimHQ member posting my personal opinions, they may be to your liking or not.

If you want to discuss my contributions to our community, my work speaks for itself.

if you want to discuss the way I run LockOnFiles, I am sure I run that website to the benefit of our community and in support of it, and in support of many developers, amongst them Eagle Dynamics.

please leave me alone.

#4197745 - 11/23/15 01:29 AM Re: ED And reality [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: - Ice

Holy [insert expletive here]!! If it took them this long to do Nevada and who-knows-how-long to finish (if ever) their aircraft, how long do you think they'll take on making a dynamic campaign? Good luck!

In all fairness to ED, the long pole in the Nevada tent was EDGE, not the theater itself. There was a Nevada beta terrain out for years that used the original engine.

You can quite fairly knock ED's business decision to promise a theater that was to be developed by a third party, then decide after the 3rd party folded to "go for broke" and build the theater on a new engine. But saying it took 5 years to build a theater (independent of context) is incorrect.

...If ED was really interested in what the player base wanted there would be no L-39 or SoH. It would be an F-16 and If I remember correctly the gulf or Afghanistan...

Yeah, I wasn't as excited about the L-39 as I was about the Huey or MiG-21, but I accept that it is a development test bed for multi-crew aircraft, and if people want to buy it then ED should sell it.

Regarding theaters, SoH is in the Gulf, though I assume you were referring to the western end of the NAG with Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. I wanted Iraq at first (and was hoping to tie the scenery to Turkey for continuity), but in retrospect I like the SoH idea. SoH allows more varied terrain, realistic naval operations (US CVBG vs. Silkworm sites and Kilo class subs), and the opportunity to pit F-14 against F-14 in a realistic scenario. Besides, doing up Dubai is much more interesting than anything we would see to the west.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4197756 - 11/23/15 02:17 AM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Don't understand the excitement and interest with the mig21 either.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.