Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
#4196539 - 11/20/15 01:17 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: toonces]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: toonces

Close enough really is good enough for a video game.

Absolutely.
Also what's the point of a 100% accurate digital representation of these aircraft if it means the cost to GPU CPU means there are no collidable trees?

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4196543 - 11/20/15 01:27 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

As a BS flier, I can reasonably suggest that if you are not flying a rotary wing, collidable trees are irrelevant.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4196550 - 11/20/15 01:55 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Boomer]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Boomer
As a BS flier, I can reasonably suggest that if you are not flying a rotary wing, collidable trees are irrelevant.

For a title that folk like to call a study SIM the omission of collidable trees is far from irrelevant. In MP they are used as an "exploit". In SP the ai take no notice of them and like you say rotary wing purchases are flawed.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4196576 - 11/20/15 03:08 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: GrayGhost]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Originally Posted By: GrayGhost

As for WW2 planes, they're here to stay. Both ED and 3rd parties are working on those.

So, seriously, just because you don't like some type of aircraft, doesn't mean there aren't those who can appreciate it.

I think the people don't understand what's going on. ED is a small company. It needs a fairly constant cash influx to pay it's coders, artists, producer, etc. So ED is taking time away from a project that is taking longer (such as a new theatre or a new high fidelity dual role aircraft and they're releasing other modules that they can pump out quicker, to keep the money coming in. This is why we're seeing so many betas being released. The public is stupid enough to buy them so ED is capitalizing on that.

The community gets what it deserves.

#4196587 - 11/20/15 04:10 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
amnwrx Offline
amnwrx  Offline

Originally Posted By: LOF_Rugg

As for WW2 planes, they're here to stay. Both ED and 3rd parties are working on those.

So, seriously, just because you don't like some type of aircraft, doesn't mean there aren't those who can appreciate it.

I think the people don't understand what's going on. ED is a small company. It needs a fairly constant cash influx to pay it's coders, artists, producer, etc. So ED is taking time away from a project that is taking longer (such as a new theatre or a new high fidelity dual role aircraft and they're releasing other modules that they can pump out quicker, to keep the money coming in. This is why we're seeing so many betas being released. The public is stupid enough to buy them so ED is capitalizing on that

Seriously?!

#4196605 - 11/20/15 05:47 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Boomer]  
VincentLaw Offline
VincentLaw  Offline

ED Forums

As a fixed wing flier, I can tell you that I have flown through trees on more than one occasion.

#4196611 - 11/20/15 06:05 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
The public is stupid enough to buy them so ED is capitalizing on that.

That's a little harsh...it's almost a personal insult to a whole community on this forum.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4196620 - 11/20/15 07:02 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Force10]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: Force10
The public is stupid enough to buy them so ED is capitalizing on that.

That's a little harsh...it's almost a personal insult to a whole community on this forum.

I'm sure the intent isn't to slate the community with that statement......the emphasis being that if we as purchasers of these models continue to rave about beta releases and instantly buy them without a completion date ever being in sight........we're only ever going to get more of the same so we're not helping ourselves.

I pretty much agree with that, yet I'm guilty of it myself. It's difficult when everyone has their favourite platforms and will naturally be excited by particular releases. This means betas will always sell and it's going to be difficult for the public to make a stand. ED know this and will grind out new platforms because it's a bigger money-spinner than putting more resources into new content than actually finishing something off.

The 3rd party development are no different either. The bigger problem with ED is that they will probably have more time sensitive issues from their military contracts so I've no doubt their resources are getting juggled even more.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4196648 - 11/20/15 10:29 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
Jerkzilla Offline
Ay dios mio
Jerkzilla  Offline
Ay dios mio

I think the people don't understand what's going on. ED is a small company. It needs a fairly constant cash influx to pay it's coders, artists, producer, etc. So ED is taking time away from a project that is taking longer (such as a new theatre or a new high fidelity dual role aircraft and they're releasing other modules that they can pump out quicker, to keep the money coming in. This is why we're seeing so many betas being released. The public is stupid enough to buy them so ED is capitalizing on that.

The community gets what it deserves.

Based solely on your own speculation, would you rather a their coders, artists and producers work at reduced or no pay just to get you the plane you want?

#4196660 - 11/20/15 11:00 AM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Paradaz]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
the greatest challenge ahead for this developer is overcoming its decades old reputation as a rather boorish developer of a flight sim that while very pretty, is no fun to fly compared with what is out there.

I could even go as far as saying that I have not seen anything yet that would convince me that ED is a game developer rather than a flight training tool developer, all they do is to prove it again and again that they are just that, a code developer.

As for what Rugg said, it was a bit harsh but true, people buy incomplete products to support the developer but dont spend any meaningful time on it.

#4196704 - 11/20/15 01:35 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Scuze me for not mincing words, I've never been politically correct. I wasn't slagging the community, I was pointing out that if the community continues to pay for beta software then that's what they're going to get. There are so many fanbois out there that will accept anything ED releases in any level of completeness. Now there's nothing wrong with being a fanboi (so don't get your panties in a bunch) but the message you send when you buy beta software is that it's ok to release beta software. And I'm just as guilty as the rest of you, I purchased the NTTR map.

Now that I've pissed most of you off I'll say that at least ED is quick about squashing game stopping bugs. Kudos for their auto updater.

#4196709 - 11/20/15 02:00 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Quote:

Now that I've pissed most of you off I'll say that at least ED is quick about squashing game stopping bugs. Kudos for their auto updater.

the only snag : you have to run the sim to find that it works biggrin

#4196710 - 11/20/15 02:02 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: toonces]  
Fevriul Offline
ShowTime 100
Fevriul  Offline
ShowTime 100

Agreed , have to admit , never even heard of the L39 .

#4196714 - 11/20/15 02:12 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Scuze me for not mincing words, I've never been politically correct. I wasn't slagging the community, I was pointing out that if the community continues to pay for beta software then that's what they're going to get. There are so many fanbois out there that will accept anything ED releases in any level of completeness. Now there's nothing wrong with being a fanboi (so don't get your panties in a bunch) but the message you send when you buy beta software is that it's ok to release beta software. And I'm just as guilty as the rest of you, I purchased the NTTR map.

I agree and thanks for your clarification.
The point of this thread was the poll over on the ED forums to gauge the communities want. There are countless polls on those boards gauging the playerbase wants. From next fixed wing, next ww2;, next rotary wing, next map etc etc. Where in those polls were the l39, the SoH map, the F5? Those polls have been running for years. ED and their 3rd parties take no notice of them. Just saying.

DCS Kickstarter
#4196723 - 11/20/15 02:28 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Biggest concern I have is that ED squashed the CORTEX Rhino project. It looked like they may have been making better progress than ED is with their Bug. Not sure what good a hardcore Bug is to us another year from now.

Nice as NTTR will be, without a multi-role jet its still the same ol' same ol'.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4196765 - 11/20/15 04:32 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Boomer]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
Biggest concern I have is that ED squashed the CORTEX Rhino project.

Do we actually know the details of what happened there?

#4196771 - 11/20/15 04:44 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Boomer]  
AZAviator Offline
AZAviator  Offline

Arizona
Biggest concern I have is that ED squashed the CORTEX Rhino project. It looked like they may have been making better progress than ED is with their Bug. Not sure what good a hardcore Bug is to us another year from now.

Nice as NTTR will be, without a multi-role jet its still the same ol' same ol'.

We have the F-15 without a clickable cockpit. yeah

I-7 4770K @ 4.5 Ghz, EVGA 980ti 6Gb SC,Corsair H110 water cooler, Asus Maximus VI Hero, EVGA Supernova 1000 watt power supply, Team Extreme LV 16 Gb ram @2100 MHz, Four Samsung Evo solid state drives, Windows 10.

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.
#4196791 - 11/20/15 05:22 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
the greatest challenge ahead for this developer is overcoming its decades old reputation as a rather boorish developer of a flight sim that while very pretty, is no fun to fly compared with what is out there.

I like how personal opinion is fact now.

#4196793 - 11/20/15 05:31 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Remon]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: Remon
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

I like how personal opinion is fact now.

you posted an oxymoron : my personal opinion cannot be a fact

Opinion
1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" (Elizabeth Drew). See Synonyms at view.

Personal
1. Of or relating to a particular person; private: "Like their personal lives, women's history is fragmented, interrupted" (Elizabeth Janeway).

Fact
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.

that said, do you know of any Blog about the Greek Armed Forces ? I am particularly interested in the Kortenaer Class and the Greek Air Force in general.

#4196827 - 11/20/15 07:09 PM Re: Wags require to the community [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Personally, i'm really curious to see what will become the bone of contention after both NTTR and the Bug have been released.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.