Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4191990 - 11/07/15 08:21 PM LN and their 2 modules this year.  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

I think since it is 7th of Nov and we haven't heard a peep about what these modules are and that the lead time for release needed by ED it is safe to say the LN aren't going to release 2 modules this year, in fact, from all indications, I don't think they will release another modules this year.

We are now in almost the middle of Nov, in order to ramp up a release , that would take several weeks and so that makes it into Dec. I highly doubt they would release in the same month as the M-2000 and step on their toes. Has there ever been 2 modules released in the same month?

So Cobra, are you still on track for release this year, or have you finally realized it isn't going to happen?

Last edited by Mustang60348; 11/07/15 08:22 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4192032 - 11/07/15 10:15 PM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Mustang60348]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)
I think they have hands full with the starforce now biggrin

Jokes aside... err... no... still joking... I think Cobra tried to tone down the hype and expectations because the two other modules are not as important as F-14 and people would be disappointed if they get a Viggen and some WW2 Japanesse Torpedo Bomber or something... to face a Shilka biggrin

#4192052 - 11/07/15 11:34 PM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Mustang60348]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
LN needs to learn about this thing called DRM and customer service. The F-14 should be given away for free to anyone who owns the MIG-21 with its constant trouble.

#4192080 - 11/08/15 12:42 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Mustang60348]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

There has been constant trouble with the MiG-21 DRM?

#4192087 - 11/08/15 01:10 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Flogger23m]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Flogger23m
LN needs to learn about this thing called DRM and customer service. The F-14 should be given away for free to anyone who owns the MIG-21 with its constant trouble.

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Last edited by Cobra847; 11/08/15 01:10 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4192089 - 11/08/15 01:29 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Cobra847]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: Cobra847

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Is that so, I updated DCS today and again, the Mig21 got de-activated. I have 15 modules and YOURS is the only one that is doing this. Updated drivers a month ago, again lost an activation, again yours is the only one doing it and you are ALL using the same CP scheme.

How about you fix this crap.

#4192090 - 11/08/15 01:31 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Frederf]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: Frederf

Yes, update drivers, lose an activation, update DCS lose an activation, update RAM , lose an activation and for me, it is the only module doing it.

#4192091 - 11/08/15 01:31 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Cobra847]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US

Yes. In the past (and maybe now?) driver updates even used an activation. At this rate I'll be out of activations by next year, and if all goes as planned, I'll only be locked out of my content for a month. That is assuming LN in one the spot to issue another activation (which may get used within a month, resetting the clock again). However, given Cobra's response below I somehow doubt we'll get timely activation refills:

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Only SimHQ members suffer from these issues apparently even though members on the ED forums are claiming they too are experiencing them. It is a good way to ignore the problem and scare away potential customers though.

The PC game industry is its own enemy sometimes.

#4192093 - 11/08/15 01:41 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Flogger23m]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Yes. In the past (and maybe now?) driver updates even used an activation. At this rate I'll be out of activations by next year, and if all goes as planned, I'll only be locked out of my content for a month. That is assuming LN in one the spot to issue another activation (which may get used within a month, resetting the clock again). However, given Cobra's response below I somehow doubt we'll get timely activation refills:

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Only SimHQ members suffer from these issues apparently even though members on the ED forums are claiming they too are experiencing them. It is a good way to ignore the problem and scare away potential customers though.

I was not referring to the activation issue only happening here.
I was referring to the content of your hyperbolic post.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

Not sure this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152040
And this one: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136153

Count as ignoring the issue.

If any of you have any issues, feel free to e-mail me directly at the first link above.

Last edited by Cobra847; 11/08/15 01:45 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4192095 - 11/08/15 01:51 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Cobra847]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though, and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

If any of you have any issues, feel free to e-mail me directly at the first link above.

And for those that are banned from those forums? How about putting that information on your own website?

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4192096 - 11/08/15 01:57 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
VincentLaw Offline
VincentLaw  Offline

ED Forums
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
And for those that are banned from those forums? How about putting that information on your own website?

You realize the developer just spent his personal time on a third party fansite forum replying directly a thread that is available to banned people. The customer service can't get much better than this without Leatherneck sending a technician directly to your house to fix the problem.

For people who can't or won't visit the official DCS forums, I have quoted the relevant message below.

Dear All,

To find a permanent fix for the erroneous request for activation (regardless of changed hardware) - we are working to implement a fix that reduces the frequency of this error.
Unfortunately, this might mean that in 1.5.1 and in one future patch, you may be prompted for one additional activation of your license key. However, do not fret.

To put it bluntly; we will replace your key at any given time should you need it.

If you are low on activations or have completely run out; please send us an e-mail to:
nicholas.dackard@gmail.com and we will work with you to replace your key.

Please try to limit yourselves and only request a change in key if you feel it absolutely necessary to help alleviate our workload.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused,

Thank you,
Nick & LS

#4192098 - 11/08/15 01:59 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though, and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

Contact form on our website
http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/270-2/

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/leathernecksim/

Both inboxes are monitored every day

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4192099 - 11/08/15 02:01 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Cobra847]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Yep...SimHQ is the cause of all your apparent inadequacies when it comes to your DRM issues.

Rather then actually just addressing the issue...you always seem to insist on taking the low road and being more unprofessional with each post here.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4192100 - 11/08/15 02:06 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Force10]  
Cobra847 Offline
Cobra847  Offline

Originally Posted By: Force10

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Yep...SimHQ is the cause of all your apparent inadequacies when it comes to your DRM issues.

Rather then actually just addressing the issue...you always seem to insist on taking the low road and being more unprofessional with each post here.

How, exactly, am I supposed to respond to a post completely misrepresenting our customer support and asserting that the F-14 should be given away for free because the activation key has to be reentered at certain points?

Actually, not at all, is the appropriate answer. I've finally had my eureka moment.

I finally bow out.

Last edited by Cobra847; 11/08/15 02:09 AM.

Director | Art Director

Heatblur Simulations
#4192101 - 11/08/15 02:11 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Mustang60348]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

He'll be back

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4192102 - 11/08/15 02:14 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Cobra847]  
VincentLaw Offline
VincentLaw  Offline

ED Forums
Actually, not at all, is the appropriate answer. I've finally had my eureka moment.

I finally bow out.

I thought you came to that conclusion in a previous post here, but maybe I got you confused with a different DCS 3rd party developer. If it was my mistake, then it seems to be a recurring thing at SimHQ.

#4192103 - 11/08/15 02:17 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Cobra847]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Force10

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

How, exactly, am I supposed to respond to a post completely misrepresenting our customer support and asserting that the F-14 should be given away for free because the activation key has to be reentered at certain points?

One possibly wiser tactic would be to ignore it.

I'm not sure if you realized this...but it's something most of us have known for 15 years...the flight sim crowd is a tough one and can be harsh. If you go into this business with thin skin, and take every jab at your product as a personal insult that needs to be countered with your own...then I don't have much sympathy.

Your business...you handle it however you want...but we certainly have seen in the past that hands on developers don't always make the best customer relations decisions.

Personally...I don't care if announcements are delayed etc. I only concern myself with tangible problems on products I have paid for. That doesn't mean that I'm in a position to censor people's complaints that don't concern me personally.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4192104 - 11/08/15 02:24 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Cobra847]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

WOW, you completely misunderstand. Yours is the only module that is doing this for me. How about fixing the problem with the CP on your module to make it like all the others. I all the modules for DCS, they all use SF (AFAIK) and yours is the only one that does this. Emailing to get more keys should only be a temp solution, this has been going on for quite a while now. FIX IT.

#4192106 - 11/08/15 02:28 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: Mustang60348]  
VincentLaw Offline
VincentLaw  Offline

ED Forums
Originally Posted By: Mustang60348
WOW, you completely misunderstand.

And you are misinformed. Leatherneck knows that issuing more activations is not a sustainable solution. They are working on a fix, but I doubt they will bother telling anyone here that for a while now.

To find a permanent fix for the erroneous request for activation (regardless of changed hardware) - we are working to implement a fix that reduces the frequency of this error.

#4192107 - 11/08/15 02:29 AM Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. [Re: VincentLaw]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: VincentLaw

You realize the developer just spent his personal time on a third party fansite forum replying directly a thread that is available to banned people. The customer service can't get much better than this without Leatherneck sending a technician directly to your house to fix the problem.

For people who can't or won't visit the official DCS forums, I have quoted the relevant message below.

Dear All,

Unfortunately, this might mean that in 1.5.1 and in one future patch, you may be prompted for one additional activation of your license key. However, do not fret.

To put it bluntly; we will replace your key at any given time should you need it.

If you are low on activations or have completely run out; please send us an e-mail to:
nicholas.dackard@gmail.com and we will work with you to replace your key.

Please try to limit yourselves and only request a change in key if you feel it absolutely necessary to help alleviate our workload.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused,

Thank you,
Nick & LS

Actually Customer service can be MUCH better, fix a problem that has been known about for months on a CP scheme that all modules use and that only the Mig21 seems to have this problem. The problem is not with getting keys it is leaving a problem unsolved for so long. Contact the makers of Starforce or perhaps Eagle Dynamics and find out why only the Mig 21 has this problem.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.