Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4191565 - 11/06/15 05:41 PM Where actors are now  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
I find it occasionally amusing to find out where random actors or other high profile people end up later in life. Today I discovered that Joe Son ('Random Task' in Austin Powers) is a convicted felon (torture, rape, murder) and is now sitting in prison until then end of his days. Reminds me of Shamwow guy.

You know the Germans make good stuff

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4191567 - 11/06/15 05:43 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: Peally]  
Hack157th Offline
Ubergoof
Hack157th  Offline
Ubergoof

Mankato, MN.
If you want a good laugh.. Look up the UFC fight with that guy. Came out with Joe Son Do or something like that and got smoked. This was also before they started shoring up the rules, so repeated groin strikes ensued.. It was pretty funny.

#4191570 - 11/06/15 05:46 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: Peally]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Interesting bit of trivia about Joe Son.

Got this from IMDB,

"As of September 2011, sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after being convicted of torture of a 19-year old woman in 1990. By the time the criminal trial occurred, the statute of limitation for rape had elapsed, therefore the original charge was changed to torture instead. Son's co-defendant, Santiago Lopez Gaitan, pleaded guilty in January, and was sentenced to 17 years and 4 months in prison."

Jeffrey Jones and Randy Quaid are two other very sad cases but not nearly as bad as Joe Son.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4191573 - 11/06/15 05:51 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: Peally]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Seems like we forget they have all the same human vices and foibles just because they appeared on the big screen.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4191575 - 11/06/15 05:53 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
Seems like we forget they have all the same human vices and foibles just because they appeared on the big screen.

Wheels
I certainly don't forget. Anyone can be prone to doing bad and stupid things but it's of course a lot worse when you are a celebrity since everything you say and do is in the public eye.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 11/06/15 05:53 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4191577 - 11/06/15 05:54 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: Peally]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
I think as a general rule they have way more foibles and vices than normal people. The ones that keep it together and end up being stand up people are pretty impressive.

Jerry Springer apparently used to be a mayor and was caught hiring prostitutes prior to his career change.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4191578 - 11/06/15 05:54 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: Peally]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

Joe Son has kept busy in prison. He is suspected to have killed his cell mate.

#4191595 - 11/06/15 06:10 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: Peally]  
Mechanus Offline
Mechanus  Offline

Originally Posted By: Peally
I think as a general rule they have way more foibles and vices than normal people.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, but you're more likely to hear about their indiscretions, because if it gets brought out, then everyone knows already. Famous people don't have private lives, whereas if the unknown guy down the street gets caught with a prostitute, it's not going to be in the news. What might happen is that if by being celebrities that tends to trap them in a closed social circle, in that environment, whatever problems they might have just kind of get amplified without much negative or positive reinforcement. That can happen with any non celebrities if they keep the wrong company.

Everyone has their vices, it's a matter of what degree do they repress them or don't cop up to them.

But I think a lot of people who go into the entertainment business have reasons that have more to do with self image or self esteem problems. I've known so many people who form bands for that reason, these were almost always the kinds of people who had difficulty making friends or had social anxiety problems, and so going into something like that was a calculation that they could easily get other people to love them and want to be friends with them. People will approach them, they don't really have to make the effort, and that hole will be filled that way. Onstage they were these performers and characters, offstage they had all kinds of personality flaws and were quite socially awkward and did not have as much confidence as they would appear to. And those people probably make some of the best art for that reason if they are genuinely able to articulate feelings that almost anyone relates to or who has gone through before. The worst are the kinds of people however who are just sort of mimicking the process and want the fame and the money but it's nothing more than a means to get that for them.

#4191597 - 11/06/15 06:11 PM Re: Where actors are now [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Wheels

I certainly don't forget. Anyone can be prone to doing bad and stupid things but it's of course a lot worse when you are a celebrity since everything you say and do is in the public eye.

Should have used "most people" instead of we since I too am not surprised by their indiscretions. I am also happy as heck that I didn't have a camera following me everywhere I went showing everything I did when I was younger. Nobody I know would have walked away from that scenario without several boneheaded moves having been captured. I know mainly because I was there with them doing the same stupid things. biggrin

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4191849 - 11/07/15 10:58 AM Re: Where actors are now [Re: Peally]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
'but you're more likely to hear about their indiscretions'

.....unless they are a 1970's British television celebrity.........

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.