Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4189594 - 11/02/15 12:18 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: Vincenzo_Beretta]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: Vincenzo_Beretta
Originally Posted By: Herman
Originally Posted By: AlphaSix
Second question:
Whats up with these error messages ( at 2:32 and 3:39) you get when you start the campaign Northern Inferno?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8s5eFdG7tQ

Here's the excuse given; my hard drive is supposedly too slow.

I have Northern Inferno installed on a SSD drive (Windows 10 boot up time: 7 seconds). I got the same crashes. Supposedly there is a patch out there that fixes the problem. I haven't tried it.

My PC basic specs are: i7 5th generation Quad Core Processor 3.40GHz; NVidia 980 GTX graphic card, 8 GB RAM, SSD HD. GTA V runs as smooth as silk - as does every single wargame I have installed on my PC.

After a while, both Command and Northern Inferno slow to a crawl. It is inexplicable. I'm pretty sure that the graphic card isn't used at all, given how jerky the program is every time you rotate the global map. Still, we are talking about a sheer computing power hundred of thousands of times the one who sent the first Space Shuttle into orbit.

Gents, not certain what your issues are regarding CMANO running on hardware that isn't more than a 5 or so years old. I run CMANO on a Windows 10 tablet, which does benefit from an SSD, albeit a small'ish one and my laptop, which has far more number crushing power than my tablet. My laptop specs are in my signature below.

My tablet specs are posted in the pic file above. The only issue I've ever had was running on 2 monitors with my laptop, one in 1980 x 1024 (laptop Monitor), the other in 4K UHD, simultaneously. As soon as that issue was given to the team, they sent out a patch 24 hours later. That's the true definition of customer support. No more crashes from the dual monitors. I play CMANO on my Surface Pro tablet while on trips or lounging in front of the TV. Not once did I have a crash, admittedly when playing a larger scenario on my tablet, it slows down, but never crashes. It is an i5 processor tablet though. So, I don't know what to offer with regards to your hardware shortcomings. It's an anomaly not a regular theme amongst most users.

Alphasix, some of the things you refer to in your other post of Bunyap's video's, the lines' he's drawing are not part of the simulator engine. I believe Bunyap is using PowerPoint or an editing software to draw the various lines and notes.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4189600 - 11/02/15 12:29 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
With regards to patches, if you're not willing to try the patch(es) to see if it fixes the outcome, then not sure how one can complain about something supposedly being broken when the developer has offered the fix.

And the stale "We're beta testers for the developers" is old. Considering the final outcome of H3 and 99% of every game/simulation released in the last 20 years that has never gone without a patch, then that statement holds true for every game out there, sans the abandoned ones like NWAC, H3 and many others, that are by that initial statement of beta testing, applicable to every game out there. I can't recall a single game/simulation that was released in a "Gold" version that did not require patching/updating. Tomato/tomatoe, potato/potatoe.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4189604 - 11/02/15 12:47 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

Originally Posted By: strykerpsg
With regards to patches, if you're not willing to try the patch(es) to see if it fixes the outcome, then not sure how one can complain about something supposedly being broken when the developer has offered the fix.

Since I am a Matrix customer, there is no patch to apply. The latest was v1.09 upon NI release and nothing official has come out since. Therefore, I am quite comfortable complaining of the broken items that remain in the game.

And the stale "We're [not] beta testers for the developers" is old.

You missed the word, [not]. We paid for the game and not for the 'privilege' of testing scenarios and games that even the developers could not be bothered to test. As I stated in my video, "it is not my job to find a way to make their game work."

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#4189608 - 11/02/15 12:52 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: Herman]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm

Since I am a Matrix customer, there is no patch to apply. The latest was v1.09 upon NI release and nothing official has come out since. Therefore, I am quite comfortable complaining of the broken items that remain in the game.

And the stale "We're [not] beta testers for the developers" is old.

You missed the word, [not]. We paid for the game and not for the 'privilege' of testing scenarios and games that even the developers could not be bothered to test. As I stated in my video, "it is not my job to find a way to make their game work."

You truly have an axe to grind with these guys, don't you? You mean to tell me every patch submitted by AGSI for Harpoon 3 was flawless? C'mon Herman..... you know that's even less accurate than the disgruntled piece you keep trying to apply to CMANO.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4189611 - 11/02/15 12:59 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

You truly have an axe to grind with these guys, don't you? You mean to tell me every patch submitted by AGSI for Harpoon 3 was flawless? C'mon Herman..... you know that's even less accurate than the disgruntled piece you keep trying to apply to CMANO.

You truly have an axe to grind with me, don't you?

Who cares what another company does or does not do? The failure of MNO is the failure of MNO. NI is nothing more than a batch of fifteen scenarios. I cannot remember the last time we released a Harpoon scenario for someone to find a fault in it. That is simply because we actually test the darn things before they are made public, something that these developers seem unable or unwilling to do.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#4189618 - 11/02/15 01:20 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: Herman]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm

You truly have an axe to grind with me, don't you?

Who cares what another company does or does not do? The failure of MNO is the failure of MNO. NI is nothing more than a batch of fifteen scenarios. I cannot remember the last time we released a Harpoon scenario for someone to find a fault in it. That is simply because we actually test the darn things before they are made public, something that these developers are unable or unwilling to do.

The scenarios you release are one's you've designed and I am certain you go thru them with your comb. It shows in the very long'ish videos, your exacting attentiveness. Kudos. The AGSI scenario packs, remember them? They too were buggy, to accompany the various bugs released with whatever version patch was released that fouled up some other issue that wasn't a bug before. Sure, they got fixed, sometimes, by a dedicated following, such as yourself and Vinnie. Kudos again to both of you. You made my heyday of Harpoon a bit better, but so too did the development team that made CMANO. They took another path, separate from you, to bring forth a new engine. They never once took anything from you but rather enabled you to continue plodding with what you enjoy.

CMANO is a failure to a minority crowd, you and Vinnie included. Grats! You don't like it, move along. However, based on the fact that USNI, BAE and some other interested Departments of Defense are interested in their work, says they're doing something right. And, based on the overwhelming positive support of Steam users, they agree too. Instead, you choose to find single poster requests, from your obscure website, to continuously harass and solicit negative opinions of your version of CMANO, where you cherry pick all of the same negative rhetoric you've garnered from your initial and subsequent reviews. It's also interesting that you get someone, on the heels of a new release, to request a review for you to nitpick, again, lather, rinse, repeat....there's a term for that but it eludes me for the moment.

It's also interesting to see so many other videos, such as Bunyap and Baloogan, that aptly demonstrate the capabilities of this ever expanding simulation. It's their enjoyment of the product that bring new customers, in good numbers, to CMANO and it's new expansion, Northern Inferno. You should really stick to your Harpoon series. There's a huge outcry of supporters requesting your talents there. This same theme just keeps getting repeated over and over again, in multiple other forums, many of which you've been banned for your truly abusive attacks on this simulation. Isn't it about time to just let it go?

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4189626 - 11/02/15 01:34 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

The AGSI scenario packs, remember them?

AFAIK, there were no AGSI scenario packs. Perhaps you could refresh my memory on what they were? They simply do not exist.

Any Harpoon3 scenarios released were done Free Of Charge by the players. IIRC, no one has ever paid a dime for Harpoon3 scenarios.

CMANO is a failure to a minority crowd, you and Vinnie included. Grats! You don't like it, move along. However, based on the fact that USNI, BAE and some other interested Departments of Defense are interested in their work, says they're doing something right. And, based on the overwhelming positive support of Steam users, they agree too. Instead, you choose to find single poster requests, from your obscure website, to continuously harass and solicit negative opinions of your version of CMANO, where you cherry pick all of the same negative rhetoric you've garnered from your initial and subsequent reviews. It's also interesting that you get someone, on the heels of a new release, to request a review for you to nitpick, again, lather, rinse, repeat....there's a term for that but it eludes me for the moment.

I don't know of this overwhelming support, Steam or otherwise, for which you claim. I see a virtual flat line of activity with only a few blips when a major sale is conducted. Once the new chums have a chance to try the game, reject it, and then return it within their two-week refund window, the activity dies right back down to almost nothing.

The people who find me and send me their requests are truth-seekers. They want an honest evaluation. Instead, MNO fans and developers continue to harass me for simply showing others how the game works. Unfortunately, the game runs badly and the video evidence easily makes this evident to even the newest viewer. Instead of fixing their problems, MNO blames it on the user or MicroSoft, as usual. Same old, same old. Same excuse, different version.

It's also interesting to see so many other videos, such as Bunyap and Baloogan, that aptly demonstrate the capabilities of this ever expanding simulation. It's their enjoyment of the product that bring new customers, in good numbers, to CMANO and it's new expansion, Northern Inferno. You should really stick to your Harpoon series. There's a huge outcry of supporters requesting your talents there. This same theme just keeps getting repeated over and over again, in multiple other forums, many of which you've been banned for your truly abusive attacks on this simulation. Isn't it about time to just let it go?

Actually, I have seen some of the Bunyap videos and I feel sorry for the guy. He means well, but instead of showing the game in a good light, he has ended up showing how the game became an unplayable mess on more than one occasion. He even states this himself, honestly, for which I grant him respect. Alas, his intentions are kind, but the game's failings are simply too great and show up regardless of who makes the video.

The fact that I am able to continue providing honest and accurate analysis for MNO and other games is why my humble talents will always be in demand. I will always tell the truth and my facts are always replicable. These facts will continue to endure with or without my presence.

Your ongoing harassment of me will not change these facts. It is time for you to let it go.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#4189829 - 11/02/15 07:22 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
sinner6 Offline
sinner6  Offline

Fort Worth,TX
What strykerpsg said. Even as an outside observer it's clear that you have a real attitude problem with this product. (which works perfectly on 3 separate computers for me). It would probably be best for all if you excused yourself, forgot about this program and move on with your life. As it stands you just come off whiny and unwilling to accept the reality that this is an excellent product.

Last edited by sinner6; 11/02/15 07:46 PM.

Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
#4189917 - 11/02/15 09:54 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: sinner6]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

The egocentric, "everything's fine because it works on MY computer' may be acceptable to you, but for the other three computers we found that crashed the game, it remains unplayable. These constant attacks against someone who shows how the game really works is nothing more than another desperate attempt to deflect attention from the game's massive faults.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#4189947 - 11/02/15 10:59 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
sinner6 Offline
sinner6  Offline

Fort Worth,TX
By all means, don't let us satisfied customers get in the way of your misery. Crusade onward, angry one.

Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
#4189951 - 11/02/15 11:06 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

By all means, enjoy your game. All the arm-flapping in the world cannot hide the crashes.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#4189955 - 11/02/15 11:14 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: sinner6]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: sinner6
What strykerpsg said. Even as an outside observer it's clear that you have a real attitude problem with this product. (which works perfectly on 3 separate computers for me). It would probably be best for all if you excused yourself, forgot about this program and move on with your life. As it stands you just come off whiny and unwilling to accept the reality that this is an excellent product.

Be careful Sinner6 and other positive posters. If you comment too much against them, they'll immortalize you the way they've done with me, and add this conversation to his struggling website.

Be forewarned. He's that bitter negatively committed toward this simulation.

And his counterpart will enter in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.........(same cycle, trust me on this one)

Last edited by strykerpsg; 11/02/15 11:55 PM. Reason: Didn't want to appear to combative
#4189960 - 11/02/15 11:27 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

Ah, yes. The usual insults when unable to refute any problems shown with the game.

Unfortunately, they cannot hide the crashes and other bugs. The rodeo clown act will not distract from the game's underlying problems. That's the advantage of video recordings. They cannot lie or be faked.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#4189965 - 11/02/15 11:44 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

YT-playlist of 172 videos titled "Command: Modern Air Naval Operations: Reviews"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Mijwd9OpQ&list=PLhFZdrSj-T243YLcx1Og6uRRRD10j9e6K

@strykerpsg
That guy uses "easypen", a free2use program.

#4189972 - 11/02/15 11:52 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: AlphaSix]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
YT-playlist of 172 videos titled "Command: Modern Air Naval Operations: Reviews"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Mijwd9OpQ&list=PLhFZdrSj-T243YLcx1Og6uRRRD10j9e6K

Yes, many done by Baloogan and Bunyap. I think you'll get a much better optic of the sim based on their AARs. They even talk about some of the challenges, without making them showstoppers and continue their mission.

@strykerpsg
That guy uses "easypen", a free2use program.

I wasn't sure if your earlier quote about lines mentioned was in regards to what he was doing or not, so just wanted to clarify your question about it not being part of the engine. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4189973 - 11/02/15 11:57 PM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

To see how the game really works, check out:

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#4189983 - 11/03/15 12:19 AM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: strykerpsg]  
Vincenzo_Beretta Offline
Vincenzo_Beretta  Offline

Italy

Be careful Sinner6 and other positive posters. If you comment too much against them, they'll immortalize you the way they've done with me, and add this conversation to his struggling website.

Be forewarned. He's that bitter negatively committed toward this simulation.

And his counterpart will enter in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.........(same cycle, trust me on this one)

Of course I do. Herman doesn't own the alleged "his" website: I'm the owner.

Regarding the "struggling" part, the website is going just fine: this August I renewed it for two years.

And "Herman's counterpart" doesn't need a childish countdown to appear. I do that when it is worth doing. Here, you just demonstrated you ignorance about the very basic facts of the question. More, you made an incorrect assumption, convinced yourself that it was true, and based your argument on imaginary ideas..

Opinions follow facts: they don't come before them. Watch Herman's video. At least, if you disagree, you will have a vague idea about what you are talking about.

#4190483 - 11/04/15 03:42 AM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: Herman]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

For a in-depth look at the current state of game/play/discussion =>
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1154
https://steamcommunity.com/app/321410/discussions/

#4190496 - 11/04/15 04:36 AM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: AlphaSix]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

For a in-depth look at the current state of game/play/discussion =>
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1154
https://steamcommunity.com/app/321410/discussions/

Take care to note that the shortcomings identified within the v1.05 video review are still present in the currently released version 1.09 of the game, 13 months later.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

#4190525 - 11/04/15 09:38 AM Re: CMANO Northern Inferno [Re: Herman]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

Take care to note that the shortcomings identified within the v1.05 video review are still present in the currently released version 1.09 of the game, 13 months later.

Did you mean by that all shortcomings still exist?

Last edited by AlphaSix; 11/04/15 09:38 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.