Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4188909 - 10/31/15 12:19 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Some more pictures from forthcoming Addon 3 "Motley Crew" for WOFF Expansion

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4188911 - 10/31/15 12:39 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
It sure is going to be nice to see those French 2 seaters up in the sky. Long time coming but worth the wait!

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4188913 - 10/31/15 12:45 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Yeah, the most obvious thing missing from WOFF currently is a bunch of French two-seaters. smile

The Fokker looks great too. It should make those early German careers a bit more interesting!

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4188915 - 10/31/15 12:49 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
AaaAaaAaaAaaargh! ...now the Germans have a Spad, too banghead LOL
...is there a Fokker D2-Version without the Top-Wing? biggrin

#4188918 - 10/31/15 01:10 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Nice!

#4188919 - 10/31/15 01:13 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
Not to extend the Cavalier .vs Pol arguments, but..

I chronicled my attempt to port over my aircraft to CFS3 .3DS files on the other OFF forum, and it's not an easy thing. In fact it's quite difficult even with the present tools available online. There's a distinct lack of readily available documentation especially about keeping the textures intact with the objects, that doesn't involve Sim Outhouse help.

My offer to Pol and the devs here stands though, I have a number of French 2 seaters made, they will need some small interior additions but the externals are done. I'm guessing that the Fokker DII and the Nupe 12 are from Leadtail's models for Richthofen's Skies, If he was able to port in his content from the AC3D files, I'm certain that someone in the ODB pipeline has this conversion process mastered as my files are in .ac form also.

I also work cheap, like Cavalier, I don't see how this can't benefit both of us and the sim in the whole.

wave

Barmy OFFer in questionable standing, maybe collapsed in a corner?

Join the few, the touched, the moon spacklers.

[image]http://combatace.com/uploads/profile/photo-65486.jpg[/image]
#4188920 - 10/31/15 01:25 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Olham]  
Lewis Offline
Lewis  Offline

Maritime Oregon.
Originally Posted By: Olham
Yeah, maybe you are right - I'll need to test-fly the Halberstadt again.
Never have flown a D.III I think!

From what I can gather historically the Fokker D.II was not a great improvement on the EIII. Little if no speed was gained, and it wasn't anymore maneuverable than the Eindekker. It was a wing warper like the Eindekker and suffered from the same lack of control authority as the airspeed increased. Like the Eindekker and the Halberstadt it had full flying, somewhat aerodynamically balanced tail surfaces that made it a touchy beast in yaw and pitch, which was a good thing for getting high angle sniper shots at close range. But it's overall speed and lack of climb speed was it's main disadvantage.

Last edited by Lewis; 10/31/15 01:27 PM.

Barmy OFFer in questionable standing, maybe collapsed in a corner?

Join the few, the touched, the moon spacklers.

[image]http://combatace.com/uploads/profile/photo-65486.jpg[/image]
#4188935 - 10/31/15 02:35 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Lewis, I think Olham was referring to the Halberstadt D.III, which was not a wing warper but had proper ailerons, and like the Halberstadt D.II, was a significant improvement over the earlier Fokker monoplane and biplane fighters, which you quite correctly describe as not being very good fighter planes.

I really hope the devs could take advantage of your French two-seaters! smile

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4188949 - 10/31/15 03:02 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Lewis]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Lewis

My offer to Pol and the devs here stands though, I have a number of French 2 seaters made, they will need some small interior additions but the externals are done. I'm guessing that the Fokker DII and the Nupe 12 are from Leadtail's models for Richthofen's Skies, If he was able to port in his content from the AC3D files, I'm certain that someone in the ODB pipeline has this conversion process mastered as my files are in .ac form also.

I also work cheap, like Cavalier, I don't see how this can't benefit both of us and the sim in the whole.

wave

Again I don't want to get into a discussion about other craft - this thread is about the new Motley Crew - Addon 3.

There is information on making CFS3 models out there, several tutorials (many of which I sent out to the 25+ people that never took it up).

Lewis, just to clarify no, these models in the Addon are not from anyone else, they are made entirely by us.

Not sure if we can use other models made to other standards but maybe PM me. There would be lots of work retexturing, adding DM, FM, and other stuff to WOFF compatible for a start I can imagine. It's probably a lot quicker just to make the darn thing from scratch.

PS I have never used a converter from AC3 so if there isn't one that's one problem wink

Regards,

Polovski,
#4188960 - 10/31/15 03:29 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
a wing-warping Doubledecker? That's gonna be so cool... driving

...just read the Wiki-Article on the D-Series. Interesting Craft. I've read something else, that might be very far on the Horizon: UR3 charge biggrin

Last edited by Nietzsche; 10/31/15 04:19 PM.
#4189004 - 10/31/15 05:14 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Hasse]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Hasse
Lewis, I think Olham was referring to the Halberstadt D.III...

Yes, I was.

Pol, with the new shaders/lighting effects it should be possible to make much more amazing screenshots IMHO.
You are a master-modeller surely, but what about your marketing and public-relations abilities?
Come on, give us some real eye-candy ones!
(Or maybe you give me the new planes, and I'll do my best... ...just a thought... Mmuahahahahahaaa!!!)

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4189133 - 10/31/15 10:32 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Not sure what you mean are they that bad? I do most of the artwork for boxes, screenshots, website etc, wearing too many hats.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4189136 - 10/31/15 10:40 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Love the box artwork myself.

As for the pack..not sure I shall buy it..though I said that about the EIII add on and ended up buying it eventually.

Now WOFF Gold might be coming I may have to be abit mean with the money and wait for that release..unless some big add on along the lines of the Zeppelin one comes out.

Last edited by Wodin; 10/31/15 10:42 PM.
#4189139 - 10/31/15 10:48 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Polovski
Not sure what you mean are they that bad? I do most of the artwork for boxes, screenshots, website etc, wearing too many hats.

I find they could do with some more interesting lighting.
At some angles, the new shaders work wonders, when the sunlight reflects from the surfaces.
Your shots weren't bad, no - but I guess the new planes could be presented "spicyer".

No negative criticism intended, Pol - I KNOW you have a lot to care about.
I was just trying to push the "photographer" in you to higher limits.

#4189144 - 10/31/15 11:13 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Wodin]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Originally Posted By: Wodin

As for the pack..not sure I shall buy it..though I said that about the EIII add on and ended up buying it eventually.

Now WOFF Gold might be coming I may have to be abit mean with the money and wait for that release..unless some big add on along the lines of the Zeppelin one comes out.

I think you are going to waiting a long while for WOFF Gold sir.

#4189182 - 11/01/15 02:39 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Originally Posted By: Wodin

I think you are going to waiting a long while for WOFF Gold sir.

No more than "two weeks." Tops. biggrin

#4189186 - 11/01/15 02:51 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Heck, I liked the box art so much that I was disappointed when discovering that a physical box with cd or dvd didn't exist.

#4189188 - 11/01/15 02:59 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: MudWasp]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: MudWasp
Heck, I liked the box art so much that I was disappointed when discovering that a physical box with cd or dvd didn't exist.

+1

#4189235 - 11/01/15 11:03 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: MudWasp]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: MudWasp

Yes, I absolutely agree, Polovski did a fine box art there!
I would actually LOVE to receive at least WOFF GOLD in such a beautiful package.
Though I guess that would raise the cost for it, and then I can already hear the next complaints again.

But wouldn't it be lovely, if we could hold it in our hands like that?
If it would be a "3-dimensional hardware real-life package" of what we love so much?

#4189265 - 11/01/15 01:21 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Pol, will this pack include only the French version of the N12, or the British as well? I don't mean the skins, but the model.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM