Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#4188374 - 10/30/15 01:06 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Quote:
As long as the criticism follows the most basic rules of adult communication I've never seen "heavy handed moderation" or "censorship".

QFT

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4188375 - 10/30/15 01:07 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: Chuck_Owl]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: Chuck_Owl
Originally Posted By: Paradaz
most recent of all the failure to release DCS 2.0 on it's proposed timeline and then the failure to release 1.5 in October.....

Wrong. DCS 1.5 open beta did release in early october.

albeit the rushed release a few days into November

Wrong again. We are still in october last time I checked.

with some reasonably heavy glitches in the installer which obviously got through because they didn't have time to test it.

You have absolutely no idea of how many things there are to test. (Hint: a sh*t ton) Some bugs can slip through the cracks and they have to be identified and fixed (which ED is actively doing in case you hadn't noticed)... it's part of software development process. But strangely enough you seem to expect everything to be fixed instantaneously. These expectations are nothing short of unrealistic.

however at the same time people can't talk about these on the ED forums without breaching the set of rules which they use, or without heavy-handed moderation, censorship and removal from the boards. Fortunately SimHQ use their forum as a forum where both postive and negative opinions can be seen and heard.

Strangely enough, I do point out bugs and raise issues and don't get banned for it. There are ways to make a point without calling the devs incompetent like you are so fond of. This is the difference between someone who actually wants to fix problems and someone who just wants to vent frustration. One approach is productive and gets results, the other doesn't.

Yes, my bad.......1.5 was due in September but ED (yet again) didn't make it and it was released in October. The point was fairly obvious I think though.

I'm not going to ramble on about this, that and the other. It should be quite obvious that I equally want ED to actually finish at least one of their products and provide fixes for those that have issues. I'm not sure what makes you think I just want to vent frustration.....frustration in my opinion that is perfectly justified given that 5-8 year after initial beta release (depending on what product/platform you'd care to discuss) we're still talking about the same products that are still in beta.

On the flip side of the coin, not talking about them doesn't fix them either. I think ED have already proven that having a vocal community that decrees their work or a silent company that obeys their own forum rules isn't productive and doesn't get results anyway because they have shown time and time again that they simply cannot plan properly, cannot communication effectively and cannot hit their own announced deadlines and timeframes.

The reason I call them incompetent over and over again is because ED demonstrate at every opportunity that this is actually correct. I called them out years ago, and they still have not demonstrated that they are learning from their mistakes.....the 1.5 release was yet another example from pushing out the patch list 'from memory' it's just so unprofessional it's gone beyond comical. It's unfortunate really, I've also said many times I still support them....I own all but one of the available modules and enjoy the products they push out...but again a lot of my frustration is knowing how much better their products could be.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4188376 - 10/30/15 01:07 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
As one who vented frustration at the Battle of Stalingrad devs by taking his toys home I really don't think you have the moral high ground on this issue.

What does that have to do with anything?

Yes, my bad.......1.5 was due in September but ED (yet again) didn't make it and it was released in October. The point was fairly obvious I think though.

Give me a break... they were late by 2 days.

Last edited by Chuck_Owl; 10/30/15 01:15 PM.
#4188386 - 10/30/15 01:21 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: Chuck_Owl]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Chuck_Owl
As one who vented frustration at the Battle of Stalingrad devs by taking his toys home I really don't think you have the moral high ground on this issue.

What does that have to do with anything?

Give me a break... they were late by 2 days.

Re read the post of yours I quoted.
if you remember 1.5 was supposed to be released in September not in October and not as an open beta. So yes yet again ED missed their mark.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4188387 - 10/30/15 01:24 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: msalama]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: msalama
Quote:
without calling the devs incompetent like you are so fond of

That's it exactly. Call people incompetent and you'll be ignored is the law of the land wherever you go. Weird how the complainers here just don't seem to get it...

Colour me confused. If I'm being ignored by you and some of the other people in this forum then you're not doing a very good job of it. If you're referring to ED then fine, I'm not trying to be acknowledged by them.....if I was then I'd use their own forums to raise my grievances. I use SimHQ to express my opinion because it's part of what a forum is for. By definition the ED 'forums' are not for the community to express their opinions and their ruleset doesn't allow this without several caveats being in place.

Likewise, whilst I can't comment on other 'whiners' I don't think it's their intention to be acknowledged by anyone else. As much as some people would like us to be quiet because that's how ED like to control negativity the same can't be said on these forums.....and this is the good thing. SimHQ promotes discussion about positive and negative issues as long as their own rules are adhered to.....and whilst many of us are adult enough to do this it seems the ED board fans would like us to pipe-down, stop commenting about certain issues and prefer to throw insults at the community instead.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4188391 - 10/30/15 01:27 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
Re read the post of yours I quoted.
if you remember 1.5 was supposed to be released in September not in October and not as an open beta. So yes yet again ED missed their mark.

Where on earth did you read that 1.5 full release (not open beta) would be in september? Most dates given are "best case scenario approximations" as Wags put it. It was fairly obvious that the version expected in september would be beta and would include some bugfixing in the process.

#4188454 - 10/30/15 03:24 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Quote:
then you're not doing a very good job of it

I was referring to ED, obviously. And for the millionth time, I DO NOT want anyone to be quiet, I just comment on stuff from my POV whenever - and if - I feel like it. Are you paranoid or something, thinking folks disagreeing with you want you to shut up?

Anyway, you can complain here all you want, but as long as you assume ED are incompetents your complaints will be judged as irrelevant by anyone having a somewhat better impression of the sim. OTOH, if you're _not_ complaining in order to influence anyone with a more positive opinion, then why _are_ you complaining? Because you feel bad? Because you want to air your gums? Because of X/Y/Z? Because you feel #%&*$#? Because you feel frustrated? Because you're about to lose your Handbag War Guild membership? Because you don't want newcomers to buy ED's products? Why is it?

Now DCS is nowhere near perfect, and there're indeed lots of bugs that should've been fixed ages ago. That's all true. But if one doesn't strive to help get things rectified with the aid of one's complaints, then what, pray tell, is the motive behind them?

Last edited by msalama; 10/30/15 03:24 PM. Reason: Because I can
#4188458 - 10/30/15 03:32 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: msalama]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

Originally Posted By: msalama
Quote:
As long as the criticism follows the most basic rules of adult communication I've never seen "heavy handed moderation" or "censorship".

QFT

I saw unicorns flying through the sky on rainbows on ED forums.

#4188461 - 10/30/15 03:37 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
@ straycat.

Do you need a hug? We get you're not happy with ED and the 3rd party module makers. But dude, seriously so many threads on "this sucks" or "that sucks"?

Its easy to ignore them but they keep popping up to the top. And yes, I get this is a public forum. And from the replies you're getting, I think the public is saying, "enough".

#4188463 - 10/30/15 03:39 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

Each topic I create is about a specific separate issue.

Quote:
Its easy to ignore them but they keep popping up to the top. And yes, I get this is a public forum. And from the replies you're getting, I think the public is saying, "enough".

This is called mobbing.

#4188466 - 10/30/15 03:45 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Quote:
I saw unicorns flying through the sky on rainbows on ED forums.

Yeah? Careful with them majick mushrooms now, d00d.

#4188467 - 10/30/15 03:45 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted By: straycat

This is called mobbing.

No, there's been a pretty significant lack of pitchforks and torches in these threads.

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
#4188472 - 10/30/15 03:48 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Quote:
This is called mobbing.

No, it's called folks disagreeing with you. Is this a novel concept to you somehow?

Last edited by msalama; 10/30/15 03:49 PM. Reason: Because I can
#4188474 - 10/30/15 03:50 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany

This is called mobbing.

No, it's a simple reaction to the flood of "THIS SUCKS!" topics you seem to create on a daily basis and which are highly annoying to people who participate in this forum because they enjoy playing DCS.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4188478 - 10/30/15 03:55 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: ST0RM]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

Quote:
No, it's a simple reaction to the flood of "THIS SUCKS!" topics you seem to create on a daily basis and which are highly annoying to people who participate in this forum because they enjoy playing DCS.

There is nothing you can do about that.

Let's see how many posts from now on can stay on topic without attempting to destroy my credibility as a cat.

Last edited by straycat; 10/30/15 03:56 PM.
#4188489 - 10/30/15 04:14 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
Hellfire257 Offline
Hellfire257  Offline

I'm not a massive fan of ED either, but this level of..."criticism" is a little unwarranted. I've given bug feedback on their forums many years ago, and although I got a suggestion to check a power supply over a network issue from a tester(bs_sign), I didn't have any problems.

Sure, ED and their partners do make mistakes or do things badly, but at the end of the day it all comes back to what many others have said. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Secondly, if you don't like a 3rd party developer or ED, don't buy their products. It really is that simple.

With regard to the Mirage lacking an AFM at release, I really don't care. I'll buy the product when the price point and features match my expectations, which means when the AFM is finished and it's on sale.

#4188491 - 10/30/15 04:16 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Quote:
There is nothing you can do about that.

And neither would anyone in their right mind want to, because your threads present a perfect opportunity for giving some lip back at ya. Ken what I'm blethering aboot mate?

#4188503 - 10/30/15 04:23 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

I would like to get the Mirage, but only with a nicer cockpit and a flight model thats is complete. That is why I am complaining here, so they notice and can fix it.
Razbam can not be blamed for the cc101 and hawk fail, but as a customer I am wondering if that pattern wont repeat itself. And so far all developers that did not release major integral features like a high end cockpit and high end flight model on their first release, failed to do a year later.
And this type of unfiltered feedback is not possible on the ED forums, that is why I complain here.

#4188556 - 10/30/15 05:51 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Catboy, hear me oot here. Ah ken yir a bit pished oaf, but still. Those are all reasonable complaints and wishes, and no-one in their right mind can have _anything_ against them per se (and I'm being serious now). It's just the _delivery_ that kind of made me (and perhaps others) want to get a wee bit lippy, you know?

As it comes to complaining on the ED fora, well, I'd wager they'd tolerate it just fine if you presented yourself the way you did just now. No knowing without trying, though...

Yours,

Spud wink

#4188570 - 10/30/15 06:09 PM Re: Mirage2000c will have AFM/EFM on release "if" ready [Re: straycat]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC

Let's see how many posts from now on can stay on topic without attempting to destroy my credibility as a cat.

But your posts have shown neither cat class, nor cat style. We don't need to destroy your credibility. Brian Setzer already has.

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.