Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4187206 - 10/28/15 09:29 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand
I've got my fingers crossed that I'll win Lotto and make all our WoFF dreams come true smile

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#4187219 - 10/28/15 10:25 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK

I'm an 'old dog' and I will continue to buy anything the dev's put out... With RoF more or less defunct, these guys are the last hope for any continuing and decent WWI aviation enthusiast.

#4187220 - 10/28/15 10:33 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Originally Posted By: Hellshade
Opening it up to modders, while speeding up the aircraft development process also has the effect of stepping on potential sales the devs need to make. If players are making planes, the devs lose yet another opportunity to make cash. Unlike RoF, WOFF V2 still has active development going on. I know its hard to be patient, but OBD has done right by us every time in my opinion. I'm willing to wait a little longer to be sure they keep enough money coming in to stay interested in developing for WOFF V2. These guys are literally the last dev team standing when it comes to actively developing for a mature WWI flight sim.

Don't even talk to me about the Red Baron Kickstarter. That's like calling Donkey Kong a realistic Gorilla sim.

As I stated above the modders and the Dev's would have to be in a symbiotic relationship here - one does not work without the other.
Assuming I could make a bunch of .mdl's for the AI ONLY Alb C-types, and maybe even a FltAbt skin so what? It still needs a DM and FM AND inclusion into the campaign or it's worthless. This is where OBD and other modders step in. It's got to be a team effort to produce quality stuff not crap - if I see an X-wing for WOFF I will hurl. Besides as all the campaign files are encrypted so you can't have a rogue modder. OBD HAS to be involved. And, again, if the content can't be added to the campaign it's worthless. WOFF does not have an "air Quake" mode.

Nobody is stealing business from OBD here. A modder traditionally works for love of the genre and recognition. If we have a guy here who is exceptionally talented and can really do quality work (and a lot of it) and he/OBD feels compensation is an issue they can work it out - compensation can take many forms.
Seems pretty clear OBD is not buying cars and houses in vacation hotspots with the money they are pulling in from WOFF. The fan base here, while rabid and dedicated, is quite small.
I think we are seeing the limits of what a 2-4 man part time team can do.
OBD has said it themselves - let's take the DM for example. It's not bad but I think we can all agree it certainly could use a tweak or two yet they are reluctant to get into the DM's of 55+ aircraft unless sales are better.
Does anyone forsee a massive sales increase of WOFF? Enough to make it worth their time to polish the campaign engine? Add desperately needed aircraft? New theaters as some request?
OBD can jump in here and call me stupid but I think (feel?) the end of the WOFF development road is coming near the end without a change of direction.

Duke as I said in my post before yours,this kind of simulation has only a small market niche,whatever you do you'll never see big numbers,also this fantastic game isn't either an "online" one,wich cuts even more on the possible fanbase,so this is it.OBD has to do with this or call it off,there may be the odd player coming in now and then but more or less there never will be crowds of people in the near future,struggling to get WOFF or its siblings.I have been doing 3 D stuff in the past for several games,and it takes time of course but that was "for free",and it was complex work,because making a big steam engine work in Train Simulator,it's more or less the same thing of making an airplane,plus you had to do all the scripting involved,and it was not small thing for sure (the .eng files were bigger than this damage/flight models or equal),than think about what it takes to make a complete Route,starting from DEMs to make the terrain from satellite data,adjusting all the feautures based on "real" world ( and often in different time frames) all the research involved...than building ALL 3 D objects to populate the Route,building ALL 3 D models of cars and trucks for different time periods,building ALL the rolling stock(animals and trees as well,and seasonal terrain textures).....believe me a very big burden,and all for free,for passion just to share it with other enthusiasts
thumbsup Just have a look here Il Deposito
I have been maintaining this site with a friend for years,and no money came from it,the reverse in fact ( paying server rent and all) so.... thumbsup

Last edited by Cavaliere57; 10/28/15 10:37 AM.

" In vino veritas "
#4187225 - 10/28/15 11:23 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

At one point I counted 25+ aircraft modellers over the time who ask to make aircraft for us - sent them info and to help get started and they vanish once they realise the work involved.

Anyway this discussion is going way off the point of the topic, so start a new thread please if you want to carry on.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4187235 - 10/28/15 11:51 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Pol, I feel your pain Sir. I've lost count over the years of the folks who have volunteered to help out with various projects in town, in church, in the scout troops, etc. You gladly take them up on it, set the stack of work that needs to done in front of them, and - oh my, is that the time? I just realized I have to be, ummm, somewhere else. Sorry, love to help you know, but must go for now. I'll stop back when I can though, rest assured. No really, happy to help, just not now.

Something about the road to hell being paved with best intentions.

winkngrin

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4187249 - 10/28/15 12:37 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Okay - if is no one is available as you guys say we will just teeter along then....

#4187423 - 10/28/15 06:10 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Originally Posted By: Polovski
At one point I counted 25+ aircraft modellers over the time who ask to make aircraft for us - sent them info and to help get started and they vanish once they realise the work involved.

Anyway this discussion is going way off the point of the topic, so start a new thread please if you want to carry on.

Are you talking to me sir? because what i meant it's a completely different matter nope

" In vino veritas "
#4187457 - 10/28/15 07:14 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Not sure what you mean Cavaliere57, but generally this discussion is not helping us show off Add-On 3 is it, and I'm guilty of discussing in here too, so it needs to move to a new thread.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4187458 - 10/28/15 07:14 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Cavaliere57]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Originally Posted By: Cavaliere57
Originally Posted By: Polovski

Are you talking to me sir? because what i meant it's a completely different matter nope

Easy baby. We are all set.

#4187697 - 10/29/15 09:56 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Cavaliere57 Offline
Cavaliere57  Offline

Tuscany coast,Italy
Easy what? Are you jokin'? I said something and it was taken for something else,just wanted to clarify...
Now he feels even guilty about replying...I did not mean to ruin anybody's business...sorry and good bye wave

" In vino veritas "
#4187713 - 10/29/15 10:52 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

No it's not about you Cavaliere57. The discussion from everyone is wandering away from the point of showing off Add-On 3 !

Regards,

Polovski,
#4187722 - 10/29/15 11:21 AM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Cavaliere57]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Cavaliere57
Easy what? Are you jokin'? I said something and it was taken for something else,just wanted to clarify...
Now he feels even guilty about replying...I did not mean to ruin anybody's business...sorry and good bye wave

Cav, have a glass of one of your good Montepulcianos and enjoy it.
From reading the last posts, I get it that Pol didn't mean especially you - even if it might have looked like that
to you, cause it came short after your post - he meant the WHOLE "getting carried away" of the thread.
(And now, would you pls give me also a glass of that delicious red wine?)

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4187810 - 10/29/15 01:54 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
+1 on the wine.
And a deep breath...hell might as well throw a cigar in there too.

#4188364 - 10/30/15 12:53 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
What do you think?
Can the Fokker D2 outmaneuver the Halb D2? ...or is it more a Powerslider-Proto-Alb?

#4188404 - 10/30/15 01:47 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Not sure what a "Powerslider-Proto-Alb" should be???

From the performance data I'd guess that the Fokker D.II and the Halberstadt D.II were rather equal.
But my "WOFF instinct" says, that the Halberstadt should be the better fighter craft.

But we'll see - once we have the Fokker!

#4188455 - 10/30/15 03:27 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
With "Powerslide" I meant this typical Swing-by-Albatros-Fighting-Style... the Halb, on the other Hand, is more based on Agility and Instability...

#4188502 - 10/30/15 04:23 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

You find the Halberstadt more agile than the Albatros?
Haven't flown the Halby for some time, but I guess the Albatros D.II and D.III are more nimble.
At least from my memory...

#4188557 - 10/30/15 05:51 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
The Halb is a nervous little Paper-Plane. With it you can do freaky stalling-maneuvers -
Stall-o-batics LOL
...but, when it is raining Cats and Dogs, and the Winds have blown away all Halbs off the Starting Line, you jump into your Alb and fly like it's just another sunny Day yep
I don't think that the Albs are more nimble, but they behave a lot better and are more predictable... plus, they've got more Power charge

#4188561 - 10/30/15 05:55 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Yeah, maybe you are right - I'll need to test-fly the Halberstadt again.
Never have flown a D.III I think!

#4188567 - 10/30/15 06:01 PM Re: "Motley Crew" Add-On Pack 3 Taster [Re: Polovski]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I like the less obstructed plumbing/cockpit view in that one, Olham

The engine rumble and overall sound is much better on the Halb DIII also. yep biggrin

Has more balls in the engine imho, but maybe that is just the sound influencing my mind...IDK... wacky sicko hahaha

Last edited by MudWasp; 10/31/15 06:10 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM