Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4183407 - 10/19/15 02:24 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Yepp, already wanted to ask about your out-of-action character(s) - so far I mostly got of lightly, the severe injuries/fatalities were mostly early, so I didn't care that much. Interestingly, I once came upon a human swordman that had only one arm, so AI warbands aren't always in "mint condition" either.

Point about the storyline missions ist that they don't scale with your warband. So you can just keep training your squad until you totally outclass the "scripted" enemies. E.g. my first mission has a rating of 700, but with my current warband normal battles are already rated >1000. I left it alone after my initial attempt, because I could not trigger the powder barrels, I guess the equivalent of your statues. But with this AAR you gave me some ideas for another run (e.g. checking the inventory of my characters and the chest at the start).

With respect to the training, (trained) skills have a requirement that the respective attribute needs to be at level 9 or above; I think you can train them also earlier, but I guess you can't the skill use them.
Leaders and heros may reach that point fairly quickly, but I had henchmen with 4 skill points to spent before I got an attribute to 9 and above. And no, I did not try to train them in advance, first because I didn't think it would be possible, and second because I would hate to spend 100cr on training and then lose the character in battle before he could even use it.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4183610 - 10/19/15 08:29 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well after a wipe of the brow from the last encounter, the dark lords were pleased. Here is the mission complete screen

With the gods appeased and the mission complete its time to take stock of our members. If you remember though Eldbert made it to the objective, he suffered some big hits and had only a tiny bit of health left. After all that bashing he has a light flesh wound taking him out of action for 2 game days. As the leader is out of action for 2 days, the warband will also be out for the same amount of time. But its nothing serious and we shall see Eldbert again soon.

Not the same can be seen for my brand new Hero. He was lucky and somehow made it back to the warband. But if you notice in the picture he has suffered a nasty cut to his leg........ meaning half of it is missing.

The next screen shows the impact this wound will have on my Hero. This is not good. Not good at all.

I was going to put it to you guys to see what I should do with this character. But I think its a simple choice. Though he gained a lot of XP, The crippling effect of the leg means that Eldbert will have to dismiss him.

We did pay for his treatment anyway, so we could get rid of him. So Eldbert asks Birger to hold out his hand. With that Eldbert places his daily pay in his palm. With a waive of his wrist, Eldbert says. "Here you go boy, HOP down the the bar and get LEGLESS, this one is on us "

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4183631 - 10/19/15 09:14 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Allaire Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Offline
Donkeystrength Proponent

AR, USA
Yep a berserker who basically can't berserk is next to useless.

Silent enim legēs inter arma.

Cave canem, te necet lingendo.
#4183750 - 10/20/15 07:28 AM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Agreed - climb, leap and jump he might do without, but ambush and esp. charge are essentials for most characters.

I got "lucky" again, losing a fairly novice sorcerer who just dropped dead again - no payments, even though I usually have a reserve slot free where hopeless cases can rot away and die after a few days.
And due to some futil decisions my main leader (I have a second to be always operational while the main leader is recuperating or in training) has now a busted eardrum, resulting in a reduced perception - shouldn't be point or solo warrior anyway, esp. after he trained various "team" skills...

Last edited by WhoCares; 10/20/15 12:54 PM.
#4185965 - 10/25/15 04:58 PM Re: The life of Eldbert - A tale of Mordheim [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

So after my last match we dismissed the legless Marauder and purchased a new fledgling Marauder. Also I have sent my most skilled hero with the eye on his chest and my most advanced archer off to school to learn so hopefully useful skills. They will both be out for 2 days learning.

This means I am now fielding less experienced crew and after this match I will still be 2 reserves down.

But never the less, the fledgelings have to gain experience, so into Mordheim they will go.

Off to the mission screen. There is not a lot available that makes me comfortable with the skill level, so after spending quite a lot of gold, a scout returns with a suitable task.

Its back to the Merchants quarter we go. This time, we arrive together as a warband and the enemy has been scattered by something nasty. This will give me an advantage as hopefully I can attack the fractured enemy at full strength.

A map of the battle area which is quite large. My warband grouped in the lower right of the screen and the enemy warband wagon detected at the top left of the screen. However the enemy warband can be splintered all over the map and I anticipate contact at any moment.

The plan is to stay in open ground. That way I can have my full team able to act. If I get caught in a choke point, the enemy can hold me off whilst they regroup. There is a stack of Wrydstones in open ground close to me. That will be my first staging point and hopefully I can collect a few stones as well.

Eldbert is the first of my team to move and he makes it to the stones. He takes ambush stance watching one direction whilst the others arrive. My hero arrives next and watches over Eldbert, followed by my other Hero.

My archer spots a ledge on a destroyed builing. He can perch on the top there to have a nice sniping spot. My henchman sporting his new heavy armour keeps an eye on the archer.

My other henchman also in heavy armour in the picture foreground shows how much movement is restricted by this armour. They really cannon keep up with the rest of the warband, but they are protected well. I have to be careful, they are not left behind. Strategy is hardy now, as I cannot effectively guage when I can get these guys in battle.

With the wrydstones being gathered in this area, eldbert looks in the hallway of a house where another stone was reported on the map. However eldbert sees a horror in the hallway. Their eyes track you in game, and some can be traps that spurt at you. Eldbert uses some of his move points to investigate the area for traps and he finds some hidden loot and no traps in the house.

As eldbert is spent of movement points, I send in my new Marauder to ransack the house of goodies.

Meanwhile outside my other hero takes the last of the wyrdstones and then guards an entrance down the side of the house the Marauder is in.

I have decided to move forward up the alley to another open area further west where more wyrdstones can be found. Its a chokepoint, but with no contact of the enemy yet, I decide to push forward to the next area. My archer bounds ahead and runs inside a house to provide a sneaky ambush for anyone that runs down the alley towards my warband.

Edlbert makes it through the alley and when turning round a corner spots an enemy. SISTERS OF SIGMAR AGAIN !!! She is grabbing the stones here. This is where the battle will take place. So eldbert holds back until the rest of the warband can be ready. My Marauder jumps in front of eldbert ready to spearhead the charge.

My other hero positions on the far side of the road against the wall and readies himself as the second prong of this attack. He has a good view of the target.

However out of nowhere an unseen enemy has seen my hero and sprung forward at him, hitting him a average blow. My hero returns the favour and with a fantastic blow, he stuns the enemy dropping her to her knees.

My archer in the mean time runs around the corner and plinks an arrow into the stunned warrior.

My henchman runs around the enemy to position behind her for an attack. This is done so as to leave room for more characters with less movement to engage closer to the battle.

Meanwhile, eldbert (ever the gentleman) decided to charge in a check a few blows to the stunned combatant. In the same time my Maurader runs around eldbert to team up and hopefully finish quickly the stunned lady and does so quickly.

In the same turn, my Maruader hero spins around and delivers a crunching blow to the other enemy.... Ohhh how I like crazed warriors !! My other hero has his turn and with a good blow finishes off the outmatched and outmanned enemy. That is 2 down. In the last photo my hero (with the sword) sees another enemy in the distance and sets up in ambush mode ready to intercept

She retaliates by rushing my warrior but he is ready and she misses her swing.

In the meantime, my archer sees a good perch to overlook the battle and tries to climb up. He slips and falls taking minor damage.

A henchmen of mine, runs in to assist the hero, again we want to outman and outpower as quickly as possible. With that Eldbert runs in to make it 3 against 1, all delivering good blows.

The Marauder arrives to make it 4 v 1 and has a field day against the hapless combatant and dropps her quickly to the floor and out of the match. He then sets up stance protecting the back of Eldbert.

This was fortunate as another enemy member arrived from the shadows by my Marauder was ready and successfully intercepts and engages. My other hero engages as well and again we are advantageous in numbers.

The archer comes in to help as well but the shot misses the target.

Meanwhile at the other end of the warband at the other side of the square. My two henchman in heavy armour have spotted another enemy incoming from a different direction. Now its finally their time to try out their new armour and weapons.

Back on the other side of the sqauare one of my henchman delivers the final blow freeing up my four warband members to engage back at the top of the square. eldbert is the first to arrive to assist my henchman with overpowering the enemy.

My hero joins in as well to pound the living daylights out the woman.

On the way to help, my other hero sets of a trap which takes away some of his movement points.

Meanwhile, my archer in view of the enemy warwagon decides to have a rummage and takes whatever he can carry. In doing so, he has spotted an enemy hiding high in a building. No movement points left, but he has action points, and hits the enemy with an arrow.

Back at the top of the square a few hits have transpired and whilst the enemy put up a good fight, she could not hold out against so much of us attacking her. She falls to the ground and with that, the divided enemy route and the match was easily won !!!!!

This was an easy match to win and definitely shows how initial placement of your troops in a match can make a big difference. With the win, I have decided to place Eldbert into training for an offensive spell for 2 days. Upon completion the whole warband will be whole again.

THE DARKLORDS WILL BE PLEASED !!!

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 10/25/15 04:59 PM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.