MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Thanks for the chart pilot

#4177619 - 10/05/15 02:34 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Kuroken Offline
Kuroken  Offline

Alabama

(And so, that's why cousins Alvin and Ambrose never speak of each other in their letters to Alice)

#4177869 - 10/05/15 11:07 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Hey Banjoman, thanks for keeping the score. Just noticed something odd with the numbers.
Compare this one:

With the one 2 weeks later:

Ken is getting screwed out of some victories in his Ambrose career. 33 and 2 weeks later only 26 confused

And then again in his Alvin career his score is 402 and 2 weeks later 630. That's mathematically impossible.

Sorry Ken, I'm not picking on ya, just wanted to make sure you get credited for all the hard earned kills.
That's it. Bean-counting over. (Not everyone counts rivets)

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4177918 - 10/06/15 01:01 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I noticed that as well and I just assumed that Ken had entered the numbers incorrectly. I don't do any type of manipulation of the data, I just take what you guys enter and then carry it over to my spreadsheet. I guess if the latest is wrong then it will get corrected when Ken enters his data on Saturday.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4177993 - 10/06/15 05:06 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Kuroken Offline
Kuroken  Offline

Alabama
Yeah, two weeks ago I wrote down my stats (on paper) differently than usual before entering them, and swapped Alvin and Ambrose's kills. As for the score, the big jump has to be an error - will go back to 6 Sept and re-add from there, so this weeks should be back to where it should be. I'll double check.

Sorry about the errors...and Fullofit, somebody has to count the rivets.

#4178027 - 10/06/15 09:13 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
thumbsup

#4178378 - 10/06/15 10:26 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
loftyc Offline
loftyc  Offline

Sgt. Cadwallader had another bombing mission on the German front line troops opposite Wipers today. Nothing unusual, until he noticed a convoy of supply vehicles just outside Wipers that, upon a clos flyby, turned out to be German. Must have been some kind of secret supply raid on our side of the lines? The nerve...!

Unfortunately, he had already dropped all his bombs, and for some reason was unable to get his observer to open fire on the enemy. Grounds for treason? After he landed, he checked on his transfer status (still pending), as he feels he can better serve his country.

#4178388 - 10/06/15 10:45 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
News of the World - May Edition for Intrepid Fliers:

May 1
The Battle of Gorlice-Tarnow began when German troops broke through Russian lines in Galicia.
The American tanker Gulflight was torpedoed without warning off the Scilly Islands by the German submarine U-30.
May 2
The Turks attacked French and British forces in the First Battle of Krithia in the Dardanelles.
May 3
The Triple Alliance was denounced by Italy.
May 4
The Battle of Julien ended when British forces were withdrawn from forward positions to take up new defensive lines to the east of Ypres.
May 5
Hill 60 was captured by the Germans during the Second Battle of Ypres.
May 6
The Second Battle of Krithia began, continuing the Allied attempts to advance on the Helles battlefield during the Gallipoli Campaign.
May 7
The British ocean liner RMS Lusitania was torpedoed and sunk off the south-west coast of Ireland by the German submarine U20. 1198 citizens were killed including more than 100 US citizens - creating a diplomatic crisis between Germany and the USA.
Japan presented an ultimatum to China demanding territorial concessions.
May 8
The second British-French assault on Turkish defenses near Krithia failed and brought the Second Battle of Krithia to an end.
May 9
The short-lived Battle of Aubers Ridge began a British offensive against German forces on the Western Front. The battle was a disaster for the British army as, despite suffering heavy losses, no ground was won and no tactical advantage gained.
The city of Libau was occupied by the Germans.
May 10
The German Zeppelin LZ-38 bombed Southend in Essex.
May 11
German forces evacuated Shavli in the Baltic Provinces.
May 12
A Turkish destroyer torpedoed and sank the British battleship HMS Goliath in Morto Bay off Cape Helles at the south-westernmost tip of the Galilpoli peninsula.
May 13
South African forces captured and occupied Windhoek, the capital of German South West Africa.
May 14
The British War Council met for the final time.
Prime Minister and dictator of Portugal, General Joaquim Pimenta de Castro was overthrown by a politico-military uprising which also led to the resignation of President Manuel de Arriaga.
May 15
Jose de Castro took over as Prime Minister of Portugal after the deposition of General Joaquim Pimenta de Castro.
The British army attack in the Artois region of France in the beginning of the Battle of Festubert.
May 17
The German Zeppelin LZ-38 carried out further attacks on Dover and Ramsgate.
May 19
Russian forces captured Van in Armenia during the Battle of Van.
May 21
The Russian Expeditionary Force landed at Enzeli en route to Persia.
May 22
British troops advanced towards La Quinque Rue In the Battle of Festubert.
May 23
The Italian government ordered mobilization and declared war on Austria.
The British submarine E11 sank a gunboat and other small craft in the Sea of Marmora.
May 24
The Battle of Bellewaarde Ridge began with German artillery bombardment on British troops during the Second Battle of Ypres.
May 25
The "Shell Crisis" precipitated by a shortage of artillery shells on the front lines, resulted in the formation of a coalition government between Prime Minister Herbert Asquith and Tory leader Andrew Bonar Law.
May 26
A British naval battle squadron gathered at Malta before joining the Italian fleet in the Adriatic.
The German Zeppelin LZ-38 bombed Southend again.
May 27
First Lord of the Admiralty, Winston Churchill was demoted to Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster as he was held responsible for the unsuccessful Dardanelles and Gallipoli campaigns.
May 28
Sir Henry Bradwardine Jackson was appointed First Sea Lord of the Admiralty following Admiral Lord Fisher's surprise resignation.
May 31
The first Zeppelin raid on London took place.
British and Indian troops broke through the Turkish lines at Qurna north of Basra.

(From The Great War - Unseen Archives by Robert Hamilton)

#4178390 - 10/06/15 10:47 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
News of the World for Warbirds Rising - September 1915:

September 1
The German Government accepted the United States' demands for limitation of submarine activity.
September 2
On the Eastern Front German forces captured Grodno and attacked Vilna.
September 3
The Second Battle of the Isonzo ended with an Austro-Hungarian victory over Italian forces.
September 4
The British passenger ship Hesperian was torpedoed by German submarine U-20 near Fastnet off the Irish coast.
September 5
Tsar Nicholas II took personal control of Russia's armies at the military headquarters In Mogilev (Mahilyow) in Eastern Belarus.
September 6
US newspapers published secret documents reporting that Austrian Ambassador Dr Konstantin Dumba was involved in a scheme to sabotage the American munitions industry.
September 7
Russian troops began a counter-offensive on the Sereth River at Tarnopol in Galicia.
September 8
Two Zeppelins successfully attacked London, dropping bombs on the docks of the capital city.
September 9
American Secretary of State Robert Lansing requested that the Austro-Hungarian government recall its ambassador Dr Konstantin Dumba as his presence was no longer acceptable.
September 10
Four Allied warships rescued more than 4,000 Armenians from Musa Dagh in Armenia and took them to Port Said in Egypt where they remained in Allied refugee camps until the end of the war.
September 12
The three-masted Norwegian sailing ship Bien was sunk in the North Sea by German submarine U-6.
September 13
Following another Zeppelin raid on London, Admiral Sir Percy Scott was tasked by the First Lord of the Admiralty Arthur Balfour to establish the London Air Defense Area to defend England's capital city from the increasing threat of air attack.
September 15
German submarine U-6 was attacked and sunk by British submarine HMS E16 off Stavanger in Norway.
September 16
German troops captured Pinsk in Belarus on the Eastern Front.
September 18
German forces capture Vilna (now Vilnius) but suffered heavy casualties.
September 19
The Gorlice-Tarnow Offensive ended when the Russian lines collapsed and the Russian troops retreated.
September 21
The Bulgarian government ordered a partial mobilization of its forces.
Greek Premier Eleftherios Venizelos asked for a guarantee of 150,000 British and French troops as a condition of Greece's intervention in the war.
September 22
French airmen dropped bombs on the Royal Palace at Stuttgart in Germany.
September 23
The Greek Government ordered precautionary mobilization as a "measure of elementary prudence" in view of Bulgarian actions.
September 24
The French and British Governments informed the Greeks that they would be prepared to send the troops requested.
September 25
The Great Allied Offensive focused on Loos and Champagne when the British 1st Army, commanded by General Douglas Haig, attacked German positions at the start of the Battle of Loos.
September 26
General Sir Archibald James Murray was appointed Chief of the Imperial General Staff replacing Sir James Wolfe-Murray who had resigned the previous day.
September 27
Greek premier Venizelos obtained the secret consent of King Constantine I to the proposed Allied expedition to Salonika.
September 28
Austrian Ambassador Dr Dumba was recalled from the United States.
The Greek Government refused the Allied offer of troops.
September 29
French troops attacked in Champagne and progressed towards Tahure on the Western Front.
September 30
Lord Derby assumed responsibility for recruiting in Britain.

(From The Great War - Unseen Archives by Robert Hamilton)

#4178398 - 10/06/15 11:02 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
It was an interesting week for Alfred Pennyworth. Tired of flying around armed with a rifle, he put in a request for a transfer to a unit with better equipped planes. He finally was granted his transfer at the beginning of September. Flew the BE2 for 2 days and was finally given a new mount - an FE2. What a difference a machine gun makes! He finally understood the danger of trench warfare. He shot down 3 planes in a single day. This is exactly the same number of planes he downed with the rifle equipped BE2 in 4 months! This feat earned him a promotion next day and with that a new aircraft - the shiny Bristol Scout. All in a span of 2 days.

#4178428 - 10/07/15 01:01 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
It's amazing what killing the enemy will get you. biggrin

#4178436 - 10/07/15 01:22 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: Banjoman]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Win-Win situation. salute

#4178462 - 10/07/15 02:04 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Journal Entry: June 8, 1915
Bertincourt

Feldwebel Reinhard and Leutnant Rudolph fell today and that sight will forever be etched in my memory. We were coming back from a routine artillery spotting mission and Scwarm Eins was patrolling above us. Just as we were leaving the front, I happened to look up and saw an Archie shell burst right next to Reinhard's machine, it jerked and immediately burst into flames. I was horrified and watched in agony as he slowly wheeled over and began the long plunge to earth. I swear I could hear them scream, but I'm sure that was just my mind recoiling at the sight. They made a fine team and had served the fatherland admirably. That is two teams we've lost in a little over a month, I'm sure this war is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

#4178516 - 10/07/15 04:56 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
That is a sight I haven't seen in awhile.

#4178658 - 10/07/15 04:11 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Nice Screen shot BanjoMan. Have seen it a few times in flight and always an attention getter.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4178801 - 10/07/15 09:59 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Wow. Death by flak. Is that even possible in WoFF? I've flown through many clouds of shrapnel without even a scratch. I think I was hit by one and my health was reduced by 10% but that was long time ago (it seems) in version 1.xx.

#4178808 - 10/07/15 10:51 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: Fullofit]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted By: Fullofit
Wow. Death by flak. Is that even possible in WoFF? I've flown through many clouds of shrapnel without even a scratch. I think I was hit by one and my health was reduced by 10% but that was long time ago (it seems) in version 1.xx.

You betcha! Happened to my DH2 pilot with 40 something missions. If it was not Archie, which was present, my plane just exploded for some odd reason.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4178830 - 10/07/15 11:49 PM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
This is the second time that I've witnessed 'death by Archie'. It seems that it happens only rarely, but when it does it can ruin your day.

#4178843 - 10/08/15 12:13 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Had one explode so close my pilot lost his hearing. Like 4-6 times.
Well, just the part concerning engine sound.

About 1/2 the time a system failure occurred within about 10 minutes.
So pick a heading and spot if it happens to your pilot.

#4178844 - 10/08/15 12:14 AM Re: DiD Centenary Challenge [Re: CatKnight]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
You can't rule out spontaneous combustion. Happens more often than AAA.

Page 34 of 227 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 226 227

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics