Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4173275 - 09/25/15 04:05 PM URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED!  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=5fd2c5476a&e=68b1bc48d0

Please... please do read and tell me it's not me brain gone absolutely banana sandwich with a lobster bib...

I'm speechless. I feel like a kid at Christmas, with his birthday one day after and a winning lottery ticket too.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4173276 - 09/25/15 04:06 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Woo!

Such fun looks to be in store!

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4173297 - 09/25/15 04:42 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Character creation, Multi crew (Woot! WOOT!) ships, crafting and bobble heads!

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4173309 - 09/25/15 05:02 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Yea, and apparently the multicrew can switch off roles. So not just the owner of the ship piloting.

And the multicrew members can jump to the surface rovers or launchable fighters on thusly equipped bigger ships. Lots of interesting multiplayer scenarios come to mind!

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4173320 - 09/25/15 05:22 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Character creation is meh, I've seen it in EVE and it's basically useless.

Multi-crew and ship-launched fighters have me excited though! Also looking forward to the new missions! Might return to E:D to grind missions instead of credits.

Makes me wish I bought the lifetime pass now. frown

- Ice
#4173331 - 09/25/15 05:54 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: - Ice]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London
it is looking damn good ... the premium beta is looking like a good investment biggrin

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
#4173335 - 09/25/15 06:01 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: tempusmurphy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: tempusmurphy
it is looking damn good ... the premium beta is looking like a good investment biggrin

Don't i know it! biggrin
Just imagine, the first fullw "Professionally" crewed ship!

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4173356 - 09/25/15 06:43 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Glad to finally see a screenshot (rather small, looks to be a screenshot) of in-game SRV surface play. Very familiar layout.

With moon bases coming along with the Horizons package, I wonder at how the situation will vary depending on whether you are landed at a moon base, or landed out away from one? Certainly things like the base bulletin board, but perhaps some "off the radar" finds will present themselves when out independently scouting around.

#4173443 - 09/25/15 09:07 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London

the panel video from EGX

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
#4173451 - 09/25/15 09:32 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Watching as we speak.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4175238 - 09/30/15 04:11 AM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

While it sounds good, I just don't see multicrew working out with the #%&*$# P2P architecture.

THere's nothing FD can do about someone else's bad connection... unless they go a server-client model.
It's already bad enough that you can't see what other CMDRs in your wing are shooting at, or worse, being unable to talk to your wingmate.

#4175381 - 09/30/15 03:01 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
If only they made it so players could not hide in solo mode. Open is dead and has been dead. It sucks! Because Elite is a great game. But they made it too easy to avoid players--which makes it pointless for open minded players like myself.

#4175403 - 09/30/15 04:01 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Dunno, I do play only in open and it ain't this orrendous holocaust...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4175409 - 09/30/15 04:26 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: Mr_Blastman
If only they made it so players could not hide in solo mode. Open is dead and has been dead. It sucks! Because Elite is a great game. But they made it too easy to avoid players--which makes it pointless for open minded players like myself.

I have no problem with people being able to do what they want. The problem isn't Frontier enabling solo mode as it is the collider griefers who make people want to go to solo mode. The problem with those griefers is that they can do whatever they want and there's no way to fight back since you'll get shot by the station if you defend yourself.

I think every one of them should be beat within an inch of their real lives, but that's a different topic. It's also a very good reason for people to play solo until these turds are eradicated.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4175410 - 09/30/15 04:31 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: HomeFries]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: HomeFries
[quote=Mr_Blastman]
I think every one of them should be beat within an inch of their real lives, but that's a different topic. It's also a very good reason for people to play solo until these turds are eradicated.

What colliders? I've played since December and haven't met one in Open--and I exclusively play Open with over 350 hours in it.

#4175412 - 09/30/15 04:33 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: komemiute

Where? Where are the players? Where are the traders trading at?

I'd love to know! I threw in the towel back in July because I'd spend three hours looking and see only one person.

#4175428 - 09/30/15 04:54 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

I really don't see the hate with Human pirates, or collider griefers. They play within the realms of the game. That is what the game is about.

I don't see any human players at all. Only been interdicted by humans once and that was because I went to where lots of humans are.

If you don't like humans doing what humans do in packs, then get away from there man. its not hard to figure out. You don't need to hide in private or solo mode. Just move away. plenty of trade mining hunting missions etc in a very very very very very very very large modelled sandbox.

And you do know that you don't have to travel far to be grief free.........

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4175435 - 09/30/15 04:58 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

They hang out at LHS 3447 so they can bag newbies, and they also go to where a community function is. My buddy was just getting started and he couldn't even dock at one of the stations at LHS 3447 because of these turds. He was hit twice in a row before we figured out what was going on.

I know he recently tried to do some bounties with a community bounty function, and was rammed before he could get to the station to collect.

Here's a video of these dirtbags in action:

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4175445 - 09/30/15 05:13 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Originally Posted By: Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted By: komemiute

Where? Where are the players? Where are the traders trading at?

I'd love to know! I threw in the towel back in July because I'd spend three hours looking and see only one person.

What do you do when you see a player ship? I don't understand that part.

Most always, they just fly on their way like any NPC? I do this myself, going about my business. How does it matter if other players are even there?

#4175446 - 09/30/15 05:15 PM Re: URGENCY EXTREME! HORIZON EXPANSION NEW FEATURES REVEALED! [Re: komemiute]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The guy in that video is in a Python. He could have easily winged with another of the players and taken on the griefers. If there's anything to report from that--is the player's utter lack of doing something about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.