Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4175046 - 09/29/15 07:08 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: VEAO_Ells]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: Ells228

I am Chris Ellis, Director of VEAO Simulations Ltd for clarity. You don't get any further up the tree in VEAO than me.

and I welcome the challenge for "open defence" on a non-censored discussion forum.

Welcome to SimHQ, Chris.

Best of luck to your project(s)!

Your participation here is appreciated. thumbsup

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4175062 - 09/29/15 07:34 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
VEAO_Ells Offline
VEAO_Ells  Offline

Thanks for the welcome guys and yes unfortunately I had to come and defend myself and the company.

At the end of the day you are our customers, as I am for every module that I fly in DCS (and I have bought most of them including the Mirage last week and we do value your opinion.

There is a lot to making a module for DCS, FSX, P3D, VBS (Military Arma) and in the future I will be giving an insight into how we do that.
I understand that most people don't get what is involved and don't get what we have to do and you just want things fixed. But unfortunately it's not that simple.

I'm sorry but I simply don't have time to keep up on all forums so if anyone has issue with any VEAO products then please feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,
Chris.

#4175065 - 09/29/15 07:41 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Mustang60348]  
VEAO_Ells Offline
VEAO_Ells  Offline

Originally Posted By: Mustang60348
One of the sad things about the whole VEAO situation is they are trashing their ex-developer in their safe space with out the ability of him to respond there.

Actually I didn't know he had been banned until I read it here. And as he said, he also has my email address wink

#4175066 - 09/29/15 07:47 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Completely understand your time constraints Chris.

There are so many social media outlets and forums we realize you can't be everywhere. The door's always open here, and if you ever want to drop by and clear up some mis-conceptions or just give an update...feel free!

Best of luck to you and your team!

salute

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4175068 - 09/29/15 07:53 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
VEAO_Ells Offline
VEAO_Ells  Offline

Many thanks.
Feel free to PM or email me if you feel I need to answer something.

#4175117 - 09/29/15 09:26 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: VEAO_Ells]  
toonces Offline
toonces  Offline

Honolulu, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Ells228
<snip>

There is a lot to making a module for DCS, FSX, P3D, VBS (Military Arma) and in the future I will be giving an insight into how we do that.

<snip>

Thanks,
Chris.

This would be an absolutely fantastic interview. SimHQ, get on this, STAT!

"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
#4175124 - 09/29/15 09:36 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

First of all, I am not "slating" anyone.

As for this:

Quote:
Then then was a very sensitive issue with a number of our developers I won't go into for contractual reasons.

Why even mention this? Not only was it a private matter, but you're being vague about it now in public. I'll clarify for you (and I still have the original e-mail you sent, and the entire exchange that followed).

Whilst Chris hides behind NDA (or something), what happened is he alleged (without proof, and despite multiple requests for same) that AvioDev had tried to poach his developers (non-specific developers, I might add). We did no such thing. The domain name he alleged was used to send these e-mails ISN'T EVEN REGISTERED (I have screenshots from a major domain name registrar from the time of the allegations).

Once again, I ask Chris to demonstrate proof of his allegations, but I strongly suspect he will once again refuse.

I'm not going to argue here in public, however I will say that hiding behind contracts/NDA as if it somehow demonstrates fact is just unbelievable.

May I suggest that people be very careful about slander.

I will not respond to any further posts anywhere about this. If Chris wishes to produce evidence of his allegations, he knows where to contact me. If he once again refuses to provide evidence of his allegations, I shall consider the matter closed and he is not to mention it again.

Quote:
We are "sifting" through the code to fix radios and other issues because quite frankly, despite numerous requests, I had no response from Tango and we had to allocate another developer to Hawk.

Chris knows the EXACT situation regarding the communications radios, but due to NDA I can not say anything here (nice try). What I can say is they do not work in the C-101 for the same reason they do not work in Hawk (anyone with both products can easily verify the comms radios currently do not work). Not sure what is meant by "sifting through the code to fix radios".

I will monitor this thread, but not reply to it further.

Tango.

#4175275 - 09/30/15 09:04 AM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

You know when you have been tangoed ?

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4175307 - 09/30/15 11:49 AM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
I'd suggest it's probably better if Ells and Tango hold their peace.

They both have an opinion on 'what happened was' and the truth as they see it and as we know, forum discussion doesn't usually change minds.

Good luck to them both.

#4175310 - 09/30/15 12:09 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Your side, my side, and the truth.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4177928 - 10/06/15 01:36 AM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
apparently - working with the developers of DCSW can be hazardous to your health biggrin

No doubt! After I worked on the A-10A with SIMMOD they were offered a gig with ED. As long as I was fired. Then ED got rid of SIMMOD. Not to mention a producer who shall not be named who interfered with a couple of other things I was working on.

Last edited by LOF_Rugg; 10/06/15 01:45 AM.
#4178606 - 10/07/15 01:56 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

Whatever is going wrong with VEAO and connected parties, I put the blame on VEAO.

Because several months ago a discussion was started over the quality of the cockpit textures in the HAWK, which was substandard to anything else in DCS. I openly accused VEAO of trying to cut costs by having what appears to be a complete newbie at texturing do the texture. And that was cheap as hell, asking for a full DCS price tag but trying to weasel out on the quality by having an intern or someone grossly unqualified for the job do it. I got myself banned on this issue on the DCS forums and VEAO kept reacting angrily to people's hating on their products, which led them to refuse to show pictures of the new ww2 plane they are making "because of all the negativity".

Well here is the thing, if you sell stuff on the internet for a hefty price tag then you better deliver. And if you dont, people will tell you literally if it is trash. We as customers do not want to be constructive in our critizism, we do not care about your hurt feelings because you do not care about our feelings when you ask 40€ for a substandard product. Your cost cutting measure backfired and there is that. I will not go near any VEAO product until I see a cockpit texture comparable to the F86 out of the box, which means on the first release. No "we are trying hard but its so difficult". Either it looks great out of the box or I wont buy it. Thats it.

The Hawk itself is a complete embarrassment. It had to be installed with some extra patch thingy long after its first release, the product page deliberatly avoids showing most of the cockpit. Meanwhile LN or BELSIMTEK knock it ouf othe park on every single screenshot. And their products have the same price as the Hawk.

#4178751 - 10/07/15 07:29 PM Re: VEAO Hawk Advanced FM is need to be done from scratch. [Re: Stratos]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

I understand your sentiments, straycat. As the systems developer on the Hawk I was not happy with the way some things were going (and I'm not referring to VEAO here).

Unfortunately it is not possible to compare LN or BST to any of the other 3rd Party Developers. I'll keep my thoughts to myself on that topic.

Best regards,
Tango.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.