Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4172853 - 09/24/15 02:42 PM Getting back in at ground level...  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Eh guys. Long time no talk. Great to see everyone is still active!

I've looked through the "getting started" thread- but I want to take it back one more step. I didn't get a lot of trigger time in with you guys on the ARMA3 front- had a few struggles with some downloads / mods and headed off to other things.

I've been banging around in DayZ for the past 9 months or so and quite enjoying it... but it has come to a relative flatline with the current build so a few of the guys I've been rolling with are looking at getting back into ARMA3.

There are only 4 of us... and we were just looking for a good starting place in terms of mods that create some dynamic assignments that can be tackled with 4 noobs. I'm looking through some of your other threads right now and a lot of the packs sound a bit far along for us at this point. Once we get our feet back underneath us I hope we might be able to partake in some of the SimHQ festivities.

I recall a mod (from way back when) that had an opening splash screen- and it generated a bunch of random missions... Complete one and you would be reassigned to another. For the LIFE of me I can't remember what it was called- I just remember the lightning bolts and then the camera would center in on your character after a little fly through of the air base. Is there something better now? Knowing what you guys know about it, what would you recommend as MUST HAVES for guys just getting into it? (I've seen the SimHQ pack downloads... I mean pre SimHQ packs).

Thanks in advance guys.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4172866 - 09/24/15 03:11 PM Re: Getting back in at ground level... [Re: eno75]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: eno75
Eh guys. Long time no talk. Great to see everyone is still active!

I've looked through the "getting started" thread- but I want to take it back one more step. I didn't get a lot of trigger time in with you guys on the ARMA3 front- had a few struggles with some downloads / mods and headed off to other things.

I've been banging around in DayZ for the past 9 months or so and quite enjoying it... but it has come to a relative flatline with the current build so a few of the guys I've been rolling with are looking at getting back into ARMA3.

There are only 4 of us... and we were just looking for a good starting place in terms of mods that create some dynamic assignments that can be tackled with 4 noobs. I'm looking through some of your other threads right now and a lot of the packs sound a bit far along for us at this point. Once we get our feet back underneath us I hope we might be able to partake in some of the SimHQ festivities.

I recall a mod (from way back when) that had an opening splash screen- and it generated a bunch of random missions... Complete one and you would be reassigned to another. For the LIFE of me I can't remember what it was called- I just remember the lightning bolts and then the camera would center in on your character after a little fly through of the air base. Is there something better now? Knowing what you guys know about it, what would you recommend as MUST HAVES for guys just getting into it? (I've seen the SimHQ pack downloads... I mean pre SimHQ packs).

Thanks in advance guys.

HOLY CRAP ENO'S ALIVE! How's it going bud?

What you're describing is the mission domination. It's not a mod, but a very comprehensive mission. There are a number of different versions of this. Currently we've switched to a modded version ofthis mission, which better uses features that have been added in the last year (in my opinion), why keeping the same format of randomly generated missions. If you want I'll see if I can find an unmodded version of the one we used to use.

If you ever want any help getting mods set up or with missions or anything, drop me a PM. I'm glad to help.

Off to greener pastures
#4172871 - 09/24/15 03:17 PM Re: Getting back in at ground level... [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Eh Blind! Careful what you offer since I might very quickly take you up on it!

Been gaming across a swath of platforms over the last little bit- a lot of dust on my trackIR and Warthog columns though.

The Battlezone Altis is probably a first stop. It gives me a place to start and I really appreciate it! I'll look back at Domination too- anything in Domination that isn't covered by BA?

Saw this version of it- might be better for our little squad:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23239

Last edited by eno75; 09/24/15 03:23 PM.
#4172876 - 09/24/15 03:25 PM Re: Getting back in at ground level... [Re: eno75]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: eno75
Eh Blind! Careful what you offer since I might very quickly take you up on it!

Been gaming across a swath of platforms over the last little bit- a lot of dust on my trackIR and Warthog columns though.

The Battlezone Altis is probably a first stop. It gives me a place to start and I really appreciate it! I'll look back at Domination too- anything in Domination that isn't covered by BA?

None that I can think of. I'm using a modified version of the modified version we use on the main server, so I cannot speak with 100% certainty of what is or in is not in the vanilla version anymore. biggrin

General jist is the same though. You start at a base with a bunch of vehicles, enemies will spawn around a randomly chosen location, you must clear them out. It's some different configurable settings I like, you can for instance set the enemy command center as a vehicle instead of a radio tower, tweak the enemy strength and reinforcement strength, etc.

And seriously, don't hesitate to bug me.

Off to greener pastures
#4172878 - 09/24/15 03:35 PM Re: Getting back in at ground level... [Re: near_blind]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
We actually use a modded version of battlezone altis, basically just changed the enemy to russian and added some vehicles smile

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#4172928 - 09/24/15 04:45 PM Re: Getting back in at ground level... [Re: eno75]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
Don't forget DUWS and Whole Lotta Altis ... but are (or have) multiplayer compatible versions.

At least I thought so. Maybe Near_blind can clarify on the DUWS side, because I seem to remember a few of those missions some number of months ago, but WLA can be found here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139169-spmp-dynamic-whole-map-arma3-missions-by-saok/

Great to see you around Eno! And don't hesitate to bug near_blind ... he's good for it :-)

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
#4172932 - 09/24/15 04:49 PM Re: Getting back in at ground level... [Re: Fridge]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Fridge
Don't forget DUWS and Whole Lotta Altis ... but are (or have) multiplayer compatible versions.

At least I thought so. Maybe Near_blind can clarify on the DUWS side, because I seem to remember a few of those missions some number of months ago, but WLA can be found here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139169-spmp-dynamic-whole-map-arma3-missions-by-saok/

Great to see you around Eno! And don't hesitate to bug near_blind ... he's good for it :-)

I haven't touched whole lotta -x since the alpha, so I can't comment on it. I can vouch DUWS is a great Domination sort of mission, it adds things like FOBs you can build, and has friendly AI units autonomously aiding you. The only sniggle with it is that it doesn't work correctly in a dedicated server environment, which is why I neglected to mention it above.

Off to greener pastures
#4172963 - 09/24/15 05:52 PM Re: Getting back in at ground level... [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Thanks guys- loads to look into. Appreciate the help as always!

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.