Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4172630 - 09/23/15 11:53 PM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: adlabs6]  
Linebacker Offline
LB
Linebacker  Offline
LB

YYZ
Contrary to what people probably think, I'm actually thumbs up on the whole package adlabs! thumbsup

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4172633 - 09/23/15 11:56 PM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: near_blind]  
Linebacker Offline
LB
Linebacker  Offline
LB

YYZ
Originally Posted By: near_blind
Originally Posted By: Linebacker

What does it take to get a “SimHQ_” tacked onto the front of the SimHQ mod folder names around here?!

1) Unpack the modpack using your compression library of choice in a place that is not your Arma 3 install.
2) Right-click the folder you want to rename and select rename from the right-click menu.
3) The entire folder name will be highlighted, click in front of the folder name, but after the @ sign to de-highlight the name.
4) Type SimHQ_.
5) Hit enter on the keyboard.
6) Repeat steps 2-5 as needed for each folder.
7) Copy the the folders into your Arma 3 install.

Sarcasm aside, it's not unreasonable to expect a player that runs multiple modpacks to be able to self manage versioning conflicts between them.

Getting this thread back on track (I think it’s gone off the rails) ...

I just realized the steps above are a complete waste of time.

You just have to create a folder in your root ARMA3 folder called SHQV4 (or whatever) and move any mods you want to keep separate there (which would be all the mod folders included in the SHQV4 download).

This bypasses having to change the folder names and keeps authors who don’t want their folder names changed happy.

Maybe the mods in any future SHQ offerings could be structured this way, for example, all the mod folders contained in a root SHQV5 folder. Install the SHQV5 folder to your root ARMA3 folder and Bob's your uncle! smile

#4172636 - 09/24/15 12:04 AM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Linebacker]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
Wait. Is all of this moot? My SimHQ mods are in my @SHQV4 directory and my maps are in my @SHQTerrainPack. I have my mods in Arma3_Mods and I use the launcher to enable/disable mods.

Isn't this standard procedure since the Launcher was introduced?

If I remember correctly, the .zip file that has the SimHQ mods has those @ directories in it already?

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
#4172637 - 09/24/15 12:04 AM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Linebacker]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
You can put multiple mods in one folder, which is why I don't understand why there's probably so many. Collect all the mods in one folder, and add it as one download. Gaming units do it all the time, or for those who have say, Play With Six, or whatnot, do that method, keeps things organized and sane.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4172638 - 09/24/15 12:07 AM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Fridge]  
Linebacker Offline
LB
Linebacker  Offline
LB

YYZ
Originally Posted By: Fridge
Wait. Is all of this moot? My SimHQ mods are in my @SHQV4 directory and my maps are in my @SHQTerrainPack. I have my mods in Arma3_Mods and I use the launcher to enable/disable mods.

Isn't this standard procedure since the Launcher was introduced?

LOL! Good question! biggrin (Ragtop did mention something like this in his install vid! smile )

It should damn well be standard procedure but it wasn't. There is no root folder called SHQV4 in the download ... just the mod folders.

Here's my new SHQV4 folder ...

#4172647 - 09/24/15 12:41 AM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Linebacker]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
Ahh right. RHS, ACE and TFAR could not be 'repackaged' as the other stuff was. So if you rename each of those to @<Original_Name>_SHQ that should solve the problem.

I know it would be an issue if you were running a newer (or older) version of those mods and things might get confused.

That's what I did ... renamed @ace (to @ace_SHQ), @RHS* and @task_force_radio (same pattern)

Fridge
----------
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
#4172653 - 09/24/15 12:51 AM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Fridge]  
Linebacker Offline
LB
Linebacker  Offline
LB

YYZ
RHS and ACE were INDEED 'repackaged' into the SHQV4 download! The whole point now is to NOT have to rename any folders! smile

Speaking of TFAR, it WAS a separate download. Does this mean that we should all update to the latest TFAR since any new users are probably using it? It's been bumping my head every time I run TeamSpeak but I just put it off thinking it might cause version problems.

If we keep the same older version, I'll just throw it into my SHQV4 folder as well.

This could also explain any TFAR problems I might've been having. banghead

Speaking of TFAR, why isn’t presetting radio frequencies on your radios a simple client side config setting?! Set ‘em and forget ‘em!!!

#4172714 - 09/24/15 04:11 AM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Linebacker]  
USMC BEANS Offline
USMC BEANS  Offline

Seattle, Washington
Speaking of Domination, can you post up a link of the mission we use for Domination? I would like to be able to host it on the days that the server isn't running.

#4172798 - 09/24/15 12:55 PM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Linebacker]  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
It should have downloaded to your mission cache directory ... which I can not remember the name of at the moment. It may be in your Arma3 profile directory (<Documents>\Arma3) or maybe your user directory (c:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\).

Otherwise I am sure Adlabs or Meatshield can send it to you.

Fridge
----------
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
#4173837 - 09/27/15 01:10 AM Re: I’m really getting tired of new guys not being able to join here ... [Re: Linebacker]  
USMC BEANS Offline
USMC BEANS  Offline

Seattle, Washington
Adlabs, can you PM me the Domination we use for Altis so that I can host it when the server is not active?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.