Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4164332 - 09/02/15 02:47 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
boomerang10 Offline
boomerang10  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
instead of being angry
at
Mustang60348
for still looking forward to
seeing your product
released
perhaps
you should worry
at the serious lack of
interest shown
by the community
-
thanks in no small measure
to
the developer of DCSW.
-
I would be worried if I were you.

Speak for yourself, not the community.

I'm not even a MiG guy but I was blown away by what they did with the 21 and can't wait to see what else is in store.

You guys haven't paid a dime for the upcoming LN projects; they owe you nothing. Delays happen, and I imagine it's tough given ED has pushed back DCS 2/2 beta/1.5/whatever they're calling it today.

I just hope you guys haven't run off one of the only third party devs that was nice enough to come on here, since I know not all of you can access the ED forums, and answer questions.

Last edited by boomerang10; 09/02/15 02:52 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4164338 - 09/02/15 02:54 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: scrim]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
Originally Posted By: scrim
Oh, I was sort of looking forward to speculating about what the unannounced modules will be, in light of the update now that I got back home. Guess it's past that point?

Hoping for a Viggen, a plane that flies the gun on target and I might actually start hitting stuff biggrin

I'll speculate with you. A-4 and F4U. Personally I always thought the "duck" comment got taken way out of context. I thought it was just confirmation of the Tomcat, since at that time we had a picture that looked like a Tomcat. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. But what do I know...

#4164343 - 09/02/15 03:05 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Likewise, didn't interpret the duck comment as that. What does make me suspect (hope) for a Viggen is that Cobra had a profile pic of what was identified as some air-surface missile that it was apparently well connected to.

#4164351 - 09/02/15 03:12 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
could have just been messing with people though

#4164392 - 09/02/15 06:21 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
Snoopy_476th Offline
Snoopy_476th  Offline

Warner Robins Ga, USA
This Thread is a perfect example why we can't have nice things. Same people posting the same complaints over and over and over, to the point it isn't worth talking about the actual topic because it gets lost in the crying.

Leatherneck I for one love the Mig, keep up the good work!

#4164399 - 09/02/15 06:37 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
Tyco Offline
ArmA3 Mission Maker
Tyco  Offline
ArmA3 Mission Maker

Westerly
Cobra,

Dont let the vocal few get you down. There are plenty of us here at SimHQ who appreciate all the hard work you guys do. The mig is a great plane. I for one still enjoy flying it immensely. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Is one of the unannounced planes a carrier aircraft?

#4164420 - 09/02/15 07:06 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: NavyNuke99

Drop of interest in seeing the same self-serving, pointless bickering and complaining over and over again to the detriment of any thread that gets started and hijacked here?

Originally Posted By: Snoopy_476th
Same people posting the same complaints over and over and over, to the point it isn't worth talking about the actual topic because it gets lost in the crying.

No thread got hijacked and the actual topic is being discussed. Mustang created this thread to voice his disapointment...so these comments aren't really correct.

Originally Posted By: Peally
I don't think I've ever come into this section without thinking the DCS community is a bunch of 15 year old children. Every. Single. Thread. Is. B*tching.

So let's see...for the last month the DCS section has been civil with no drama and there has been quite a bit of people helping each other out etc...so instead of being part of the community here when things are good...you would rather just show up when there's some sort of flare up and post some completely inacurrate comment about Every. Single. Thread being about #%&*$#?

Classy...

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4164422 - 09/02/15 07:07 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
Charlie_SB Offline
Charlie_SB  Offline

I still think it's the AJ/JA-37 Viggen.

"The Saab 37 Viggen ("Thunderbolt", ambiguous with;"Tufted duck")"

A duck.

"New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution"

Could be the thrust reversal capability of the tufted duck

"and 'unique' terrain features (Some terrain features require extra detail, an unrelated example would be Mt. Rushmore)."

It's Gotland and it's Hoburgsgubben. The distance to get Kaliningrad to Ronneby to the south of Stockholm is a bit large compared to the 250x250Km mentioned as an example but I'd say that example only applied to land.

I think we will get a map of the Baltic sea with Gotland pretty much smack in the middle and a campaign about the ultimate baltic aircraft carrier. The E1 attack squadron will be featured flying the AJ-37 against the Soviet ships. This will include the RB-04 sea skimming missile that Cobra had as an avatar. There will also be the Maverick (RB-75) which will require the CRT-shader they mentioned. This would probably also include the JA-37's Ericsson PS-46/a radar display.

The other plane is more of a mystery.

-C-

#4164428 - 09/02/15 07:15 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I sure hope you are correct and spot on Charlie_SB.
Also impressed by your level of knowledge over our System 37 smile

(unless you actually are a horrible swede you too haha)

If they go that route I sure hope for a SAAB 35 too which would suite the MiG21 much better.

#4164430 - 09/02/15 07:25 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: boomerang10]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
I'm not even a MiG guy but I was blown away by what they did with the 21 and can't wait to see what else is in store.

Yeah, like that rest of MiG-21. The Fishbed is fun but it's like 89% done. I want the last 11%.

It's dead around here because nothing is being released. No major product or update is going to be released between now and DCSWarbitrarilycloseto2. What developer wants to release something that is guaranteed to have ED break it in 30-60 days?

Last edited by Frederf; 09/02/15 07:25 PM.
#4164461 - 09/02/15 08:31 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
Moses Offline
I have a Rather Large
Moses  Offline
I have a Rather Large

Tulsa, Ok, USA
[edited]

Keep up the good work we will be here when it gets done.

Enough of this crap...if you have something to counter complaints with then do it...otherwise refrain from the insults.

EDIT: Just to clarify...my response in red above was to an insult Moses said that I edited out. I was not commenting on his statement " Keep up the good work we will be here when it gets done. ". That statement is obviously fine.

Last edited by Force10; 09/03/15 01:44 AM.

Jeff "Moses" Malone
Proud Member of 195th Dambusters Virtual Squadron.
http://561stbms.enjin.com/
#4164494 - 09/02/15 10:15 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
JG26 vonVampr Offline
JG26 vonVampr  Offline

MI USA
My interest in DCS INCEASES with time, and I'm very excited for what's to come in the near future from LN and the rest of the developers. As a few of us were flying sorties online last night (you know, actually flying the sim) I couldn't help but smile at how awesome of a sim DCS already is, and how amazing it will be with things to come. Losing interest...??.... maybe you are but, I'm sure not! tomcat

#4164537 - 09/03/15 01:38 AM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Antoninus]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Antoninus
Perhaps the Tomcat is their only project that they could reveal that far in advance. Perhaps LN just wanted to give the community something to look forward too, instead of working many more months in complete silence.
If they had announced an uncorrelated WW2 plane in February there would have been a lot of negative comments about lack of focus, yet another worthless vintage plane for the modern Caucasus map etc. etc.

So they announced a very popular plane that perfectly fits in current DCS in spring and maybe will announce something like a complete DCS: PTO project in fall. This time with more to show of than Luthiers attempt 2 years ago. Looks like a strategy to make everybody happy while avoiding unnecessary criticism.

Originally Posted By: Mustang60348
We have heard this all before, big announcements about big announcements coming soon, with tons of SS, video , interviews etc. Then one or two come much later.

And we will hear it again. I guess thats the way things happen when everything is done by small enthusiastic teams instead of large well organized companies. I am glad that someone is still making study sims of my favourite aircraft.

ED or Leatherneck will not see any more money from us until they release new things. All the delays are just their problems not ours.

And more to show of than EDs attempt a year and a half ago
Unfortunately some of us gave ED our money and have yet to see the fruition of their restructuring of the kickstarter.
I get really tired of hearing folk blaming just luthier for the kickstarter fiasco. ED took over/fired RRG whichever way you want to look at it, and told the backers that the project would be completed in a year. We're still waiting. I haven't heard anything about the WW2 project in a looooooong time.
I've lost interest and won't buy anything from any developer until they finish all the betas that I have spent my money on. That includes the mig21. I wont give ED or it's third parties any more money until they can actually finish something. There is not a single third party with a finished product.
A study SIM? A study in how gullible folk actually are.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4164566 - 09/03/15 03:51 AM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Remon]  
Pizzicato Offline
Asleep at the Wheel
Pizzicato  Offline
Asleep at the Wheel

Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted By: Remon
I think there's a drop of interest in the DCS part of SimHQ, not with the sim itself.

100% this.

I've been a member here for 14 years. For many of those years, the SimHQ forums were my homepage and I visited multiple times per day. I used to visit multiple sub-forums during those visits, but eventually narrowed down to just the DCS forum and Community Hall.

Unfortunately, the spiteful, small-minded, childish, point-scoring idiocy that's infected this particular sub-forum has sucked pretty much all of the fun and joy out of the experience. Now I just come back here out of habit and some badly misjudged hope that it might be slightly better than the last time I visited. I'm always disappointed.

I speak for myself not the wider community, but my own "lack of interest" is nothing to do with DCS itself (which is still my major pastime), but my total lack of desire to spend any time in this cesspool.

Why am I bothering to post this?

Frustration and catharsis, I guess.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I'll leave you guys to your regularly scheduled baiting and bickering. Have fun.

---------
Pizzicato
#4164569 - 09/03/15 04:08 AM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Mustang60348]  
Maico Offline
Maico  Offline

Qatar
My money is on the F-5E Freedom Fighter. I would bet my bottom dollar on it.

Uhmmm, Persian Cats and Freedom Fighters vs Iraqi Migs... I think its possible soon.

Last edited by Maico; 09/03/15 04:14 AM.

Maico
i7 5930 @4.2Ghz
EVGA GTX1080 8GB Hybrid
DDR4 3000 x 32Gig
Fatal1ty x99x Mother
LG 34"UC97 Curved
Ultra Wide 3440x1440
TiR5, Thrustmaster Warthog,
Slaw Device Bf-109 Pedals
#4164571 - 09/03/15 04:18 AM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Maico]  
Tyco Offline
ArmA3 Mission Maker
Tyco  Offline
ArmA3 Mission Maker

Westerly
Originally Posted By: Maico
My money is on the F-5E Freedom Fighter. I would bet my bottom dollar on it.

Uhmmm, Persian Cats and Freedom Fighters vs Iraqi Migs... I think its possible soon.

Dont forget the Mig-28s!

#4164573 - 09/03/15 04:21 AM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Pizzicato]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Pizzicato
Originally Posted By: Remon
I think there's a drop of interest in the DCS part of SimHQ, not with the sim itself.

100% this.

I've been a member here for 14 years. For many of those years, the SimHQ forums were my homepage and I visited multiple times per day. I used to visit multiple sub-forums during those visits, but eventually narrowed down to just the DCS forum and Community Hall.

Unfortunately, the spiteful, small-minded, childish, point-scoring idiocy that's infected this particular sub-forum has sucked pretty much all of the fun and joy out of the experience. Now I just come back here out of habit and some badly misjudged hope that it might be slightly better than the last time I visited. I'm always disappointed.

I speak for myself not the wider community, but my own "lack of interest" is nothing to do with DCS itself (which is still my major pastime), but my total lack of desire to spend any time in this cesspool.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I'll leave you guys to your regularly scheduled baiting and bickering. Have fun.

+1

Off to greener pastures
#4164577 - 09/03/15 04:41 AM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Pizzicato]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Now I just come back here out of habit and some badly misjudged hope that it might be slightly better than the last time I visited. I'm always disappointed.

Again...just because you like to show up once a month or so when there is a dust up doesn't mean the entire time the forum is that way all the time.

I guess the last month of peace and civil discussion gave you no reason to come in here. The SimHQ community is what
you make of it. It definitely seems the order of the day is to just ignore the good stuff that goes on here 90% of time...and God forbid...actually contribute...instead just swing by when there is a heated discussion and point fingers.

I certainly don't see a lot of the folks that are complaining about the community here posting screenshots, telling stories about missions etc. when times are good.

If you want to see how good the SimHQ community can be...head over to the WOFF section where the developer interacts with the community and there is a mutual respect between all parties.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4164609 - 09/03/15 09:49 AM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Pizzicato]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

It's kinda sad though. Lots of great stuff and info about DCS isn't even posted here anymore. The developers turn their back on this forum due to the open hostility of a small yet vocal minority. And I can fully understand them.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4164696 - 09/03/15 01:14 PM Re: Leatherneck announces when they will announce the announcement of the new aircraft [Re: Charlie_SB]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Charlie_SB
I still think it's the AJ/JA-37 Viggen.

"The Saab 37 Viggen ("Thunderbolt", ambiguous with;"Tufted duck")"

I really hope you're right. The Viggen is my favorite Saab, over the Gripen, Draken, Tunnan, and all the rest.
Also, I would love to have a thrust reverser again, it's been two decades since I played Tornado. smile

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.