Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
#4162790 - 08/29/15 09:15 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: dburne]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: dburne
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
They need to do it so the levels can be reset if so....

They need to get rid of that ridiculous "level up" campaign system, and do a more traditional type campaign. One where you join, start out by training, joint a regiment, then flying as a wingman, progressing in rank as you gain experience...

Hear, hear!

That would make BoS fun (with the ability to start over again after you've finished). With that, and the ability to have multiple pilot personalities running at the same time, I would have 2 bomber pilots, 2 jabo pilots, and 2 fighter pilots running concurrently (one for each side). This ability to compare my SP pilot progress with the rest of the community...toss it out for the above. This is what Loft doesn't get. He thinks its always about the head to head against other humans even in SP. I think that's part of what drove his current SP concept. Most SP players could care less how the guy across town is doing in his SP campaign.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4162797 - 08/29/15 09:24 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: CyBerkut
Oh so all these pages are my fault.... Because I said it was a no brainer ..

Amazing......

Your amazement appears to be a recurring theme. It may be due to a reading comprehension problem. I did not say there was any 'fault' at all. I do not view discussion with opposing views being presented as a problem that needs to have a fault assigned to it.

I did not attribute all of the ensuing 14 pages (so far), to that remark. However, it was easily predictable that such an assertion would attract contrary opinions. The stated amazement at such contrary opinions showing up, followed up by someone else's assessment as them being ridiculous along with a question, etc., predictably lead to more responses. So on and so forth, back and forth with opposing views.

To the extent that anybody else views such a discussion with opposing views being presented as a problem, there is cause to be found in the postings from people on both sides. They react to one another.

For people on one side of the issue to point their fingers at responding people on the other side as if they are committing some offense for having the temerity to post an opposing view, is ridiculous. It's a discussion forum.

As somebody else pointed out, there are sub-forums here at SimHQ where there is not a lot of dissatisfaction being voiced. We have some sub-forums that have some people voicing dissatisfaction with a product/producer/developer. SimHQ hosts discussions in both types of situation. It is not SimHQ's mission to suppress one side of the discussions. People who want that supression can probably find it elsewhere.

There is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

I did use the phrase "It may be due". If your recurring amazement is not due to a reading comprehension problem, then it must be attributable to something else.

You told me that I "baited" the people here simply by stating it was a great buy.

This is at least the third time you have referenced that PM conversation that we had where I used that word. Apparently, you wish to hash this out again, in public.

What I said (replied to you with) was:
You didn't leave it at just an informational posting that a sale was going on. You tacked on your opinion that, "$40 for premium is a great price. with the addition of the I-16 and the MC 202 and P-40 on the way*, summer and fall maps coming as well **... and with the improvements to the sim... It is a no brainer.". And then you want me to stifle or prune the predictable reaction?

You know how many BoS detractors there are in the IL2:BoS sub-forum, and yet you chose to bait them.

They are as entitled to their opinions, observations and assertions as you are.

You then questioned my use of the word "bait". The relevant portion of my reply:
Bait them? Really!!?? You call that baiting them? So what is the difference between that and anyother update?!!

Here was your last posting of a Dev Diary:

There was no opinion added on to it. It didn't open a door for detractors to take issue with your evaluation, unlike your announcement of the sale. (I notice that people didn't make a lot of negative comments in reaction to the actual content of that Dev Diary, either.)

So there is the rather obvious difference.

You're free to state your opinions and make assertions, but the rest of the participants are likewise free to reply with theirs. You know there are a number of people who hang out here who are displeased with the game and/or 1CGS' practices. It should be no surprise to you that your supportive evaluation is likely to garner contrary opinions.

There is no validity in claiming the thread is being derailed by others discussing the value of the game, when you set it upon that path in your first post.

After that, you still wanted an explanation as to how that initial post could be described as "bait".
The relevant portion of my reply:
You appear to be applying a particularly negative meaning to the word "bait". There are multiple meanings/usages.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bait?s=t
(some emphasis added)
Quote:
bait
[beyt]

Synonyms
Examples
Word Origin

noun
food, or some substitute, used as a lure in fishing, trapping, etc.
a poisoned lure used in exterminating pests.
an allurement; enticement:
Employees were lured with the bait of annual bonuses.
an object for pulling molten or liquefied material, as glass, from a vat or the like by adhesion.
South Midland and Southern U.S.

a large or sufficient quantity or amount:
He fetched a good bait of wood.
an excessive quantity or amount.

British Slang. food.
verb (used with object)
to prepare (a hook or trap) with bait.
to entice by deception or trickery so as to entrap or destroy:
using fake signal lights to bait the ships onto the rocks.
to attract, tempt, or captivate.
to set dogs upon (an animal) for sport.
to worry, torment, or persecute, especially with malicious remarks:
a nasty habit of baiting defenseless subordinates.
to tease:
They love to bait him about his gaudy ties.
to feed and water (a horse or other animal), especially during a journey.
verb (used without object), Archaic.
to stop for food or refreshment during a journey.
(of a horse or other animal) to take food; feed.

So, yes, I have already explained it. Hopefully that clarifies it for you. It was predictable that your assertion that it was a great value, a 'no brainer', would attract contrary opinions.

That sounds to me as if you are saying that the way this thread went was caused by that statement

And that would be incorrect. What I was saying is that post (containing that opinion) would predictably attract contrary opinions.

As for the continuing thread, many of the replies were to what other people said. Reading through the thread, it is obvious that it is not all about your opinion.

thus my fault.

As I have already stated, I do not view the thread as a "problem". Thus, there is no fault to be assigned for it.

As usual you latch on to what you want to.

I typically address things I conclude that I need to, or wish to. To do otherwise, makes little sense.

You could have just moderated the thread when it started to go off track by simply locking it and suggesting someone could just open another thread asking what is BoS worth to you or something along those lines.. giving this thread the chance to remain on the front page of this forum so that it's intended purpose, which was to just make people aware of the sale could be carried out. Instead you just let this thread go off the rails and then moved it to the "extended discussion" section which means basically the usual pissing and moaning fest that has become the hallmark of the SHQ BOS section. This thread simply announcing the sale did not have to be allowed to turn into the multiple page hijacked thing that it has become.

This thread's initial post, by you, did not 'simply announce the sale'. It included an opinion. The thread did not "go off from the track", as you set it upon a track that includes opinion in your initial post.

If you wanted to simply announce the sale, you already knew how to do that. Reference the previously mentioned Dev Diary announcement:

You elected to do otherwise. By the time I moved the thread to the Extended Discussion section, it already warranted being there. The move didn't cause the thread to have opinions in it. It already had opinions, beginning from the initial post.

From past experience with you, for me anyway, it is pretty much useless to attempt to engage in any kind of dialog with you on these kinds of issues because 7-8 times out of 10 you tend to rubber stamp whatever it is your fan club is doing or saying and often tossing in that little derogatory remarlk lkke the one about mny reading comprehension,

Uh-huh. I'll point out that you have directed derogatory remarks at SimHQ, this sub-forum, and at me, on multiple occasions. To date, I have not even given you a warning over any of them, let alone time off. You may not have realized it, but you have been the beneficiary of leeway here, along with others. I suspect an equivalent sort of leeway would not be reciprocated over on the 1CGS BoS forums.

As for the "It may be due to a reading comprehension problem." remark, it should be noted that there are two types of reading comprehension problem. There is lack of ability, and there is lack of proper application. You are an intelligent person, and I have no reason to doubt that you have the ability. Your repeated expressions of amazement, and dragging things into the public discussion that were already explained to you in PMs... well that is grounds to suspect that you are either not properly applying reading comprehension, or that there is something else going on. Good luck with that.

and dissect anything else that is said by others who do not share the general attitude of this forum like you did with Hooves' post.. but Hooves is spot on.

If exaggeration and self defeating statements are "spot on" for you, that probably says more than my reply did.

Like you always say.. your house .. your rules.. carry on.

Actually, what I have said in the past is, "Their house, their rules", in reference to 1CGS and the official BoS forums. As I recall, it was in response to someone complaining about something that occurred over there.

Evidently, it did not occur to you that there was nothing preventing you from reposting a new sale announcement on the top level. But worry not, I'm doing it for you. I'll even lock it for you.

#4162801 - 08/29/15 09:31 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Dakpilot]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Dev diary 102 explains details and (some) changes of the new campaign for Summer and Autumn

As is your usual MO you post more than you read.

These so-called changes have already been explained and understood and commemted upon, in this thread and elsewhere.

BlackSix intends to add a handmade mission to the start of each chapter of the Groundhog Day Campaign.

Do you really think that's enough of an improvement to sway those that are dissatisfied with the existing Single Player offering?

To me it sounds like little more than sprinkling sugar over a turd sandwich.
Yes, of course I like sugar, thanks must go to BlackSix for providing ... but it doesn't actually change anything really.

Last edited by Extreme_One; 08/29/15 09:35 PM.
#4162818 - 08/29/15 10:24 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Extreme_One]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Dev diary 102 explains details and (some) changes of the new campaign for Summer and Autumn

As is your usual MO you post more than you read.

These so-called changes have already been explained and understood and commemted upon, in this thread and elsewhere.

BlackSix intends to add a handmade mission to the start of each chapter of the Groundhog Day Campaign.

Do you really think that's enough of an improvement to sway those that are dissatisfied with the existing Single Player offering?

To me it sounds like little more than sprinkling sugar over a turd sandwich.
Yes, of course I like sugar, thanks must go to BlackSix for providing ... but it doesn't actually change anything really.

people asked if there would be a new campaign for the new maps.....

"A little off topic question: When the summer maps come out...is there a way for the folks that have completed the campaign to re-fly the whole campaign over in the new terrain? Will there be a new campaign to go with the new terrain?"

I posted a link to provide info asked for, don't get bent out of shape and start with the insulting attitude...your usual MO

Cheers Dakpilot

#4162831 - 08/29/15 10:59 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Dakpilot]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England

I posted a link to provide info asked for, don't get bent out of shape and start with the insulting attitude...your usual MO

Cheers Dakpilot

Neither did you answer the question nor did I get bent out of shape.

Your questioner asked about a new campaign for the new maps.

Your link went into the following detail:

Quote:
1) The video cutscenes will be different ...

2) Difficulty levels will be tweaked for both new and old campaigns...

3) And the last but the most important feature - changes in the very mode's structure. Since we don't have resources for a big static campaign, we've approved an idea to borrow separate elements of it and add career missions to every chapter.
Here's how it'll work. In the beginning you'll be offered 1 mission per side that you'll have to complete to advance further. Of course, we are not making the campaign more difficult with this. Completing career missions will not be a problem.

Nice try.

Still, direct question again: Do you really think that's enough of an improvement to sway those that are dissatisfied with the existing Single Player offering?

Last edited by Extreme_One; 08/29/15 11:02 PM.
#4162886 - 08/30/15 12:42 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

And before the little snippet you posted, from the link it says this

"As you know, we'll be releasing a major addon to Battle of Stalingrad this fall. It will feature new summer and autumn seasonal maps and a new single player campaign that will tell the history of military operations and battles from late August till mid November, 1942. And before you start asking - yes, the campaign starts at noon on August 23rd when the city had already suffered from Luftwaffe's massive bomb raids. Why are we not starting Chapter I in July 1942? Well, you already know the answer: we don't have enough resources to build a copy if the city with undamaged buildings within the time limits.

Alright, beck to the campaign. It will consist of three chapters and will inherit the general structure of the campaign that we have now (and that was completed entirely by so many of you). However this time we have a chance to experiment and try new things. And since the addon is going to be released quite soon, we'll have enough time to get your feedback, examine it, and make necessary corrections it our plans for the bigger campaign in BOM."

How was my link in anyway incorrect or a "nice try"

Dev diary 102 is about the campaign for the new maps , a question was asked,,,"Will there be a new campaign to go with the new terrain?"

I posted the link, nothing more

What are you going on about?

Cheers Dakpilot

#4162901 - 08/30/15 02:01 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: CyBerkut]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA

I am not going to get into a pi$$ing match with you over this... This particular thread could have gone differently. My merely stating that at $40 BoS was a good buy or a no brainber as I actually said should not have solicited all this BS. You can say what you want .. but it should not have.. and you may not realize it but a lot of what Hooves said is true.

I did not create another thread because I did not want it to go the way of the first one and given the way it was pounced upon sometimes I don't know what to post over here for fear of offending the regulars since far too often not justwhat I post but how I post it, why I posted it and even when I post it has at various times become a heated topic of discussion and derogatory comments directed at me....

Thank you for reposting the sale notice.

Last edited by Bearcat99; 08/30/15 02:08 AM.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4162911 - 08/30/15 02:23 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Extreme_One]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Meanwhile.. since this particular thread has totally derailed anyway..

Originally Posted By: Extreme_One

Still, direct question again: Do you really think that's enough of an improvement to sway those that are dissatisfied with the existing Single Player offering?

I know this was directed at Dak.. but I am just adding my two cents..

I don't think we will be able to answer that till we actually get it.. and some of those who have BoS and have a good idea of what they want in a SP campaign and have been most dissatisfied with what is currently offered .. like many here .. would be in a better position to judge that once they get it.. but they will have to at least try it.. I am not a SP guy.. as in campaigns .. I can do it but it is not my main determinant of whether or not a sim will float my boat or not.. but I really hope that they have made the necessary changes or at least some adequate changes to make the SP campaign more bearable.

When I think of SP I break SP down in to two aspects.. the QM and the overall sim itself as in the AI and the variation on what can be done in a QM and all that .. and the Campaign.. Because I never have been a strong fan of SP campaigns.. I wasn't against them but they just never really grabbed me.. but because I was never a huge fan I was never in a position to judge that single aspect of what BoS was about.. and what I did experience even from my limited perspective was... tedious .. to be kind.. By the time they removed the unlocks I had completed the campaign and unlocked everything.. I often wonder if the unlocks had not been implemented from the start would people have been more willing to get through the campaign before they threw upo their hands.. Having said all that I really hope that the SP aspect as far as campaigns go gets fixed if not to the total satisfaction of those who have not found any pleasure in it at least to a level where they will be able to find enough in the sim to get something out of it other than complete frustration.

#4162918 - 08/30/15 02:42 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

I'm not disappointed to read this:

"Among the ideas that were abandoned there was old IL-2 static missions. I understand that it could sound really disappointing to some pilots but such missions would be an impossible task for the team. The significantly more complex editor and massive briefing texts that need to be translated properly into several languages make creation of 2 campaign with at least 20 missions each a really big problem. Speaking of time, we'd need up to 10 months for that."
- BlackSix

Those typical static type campaigns are IMO the least appealing or approachable type of gameplay. And to hear how costly they are to produce is less reason to include them. The biggest problem with these kind of campaigns is that flight sims can't save progress like every other type of game so the player just gets forced to repeat these hour long static missions and it gets boring really quick. And having the option to skip them is sorta pointless too.

The random style mission generator like is in the RoF Career, Pat Wilson or the BoS campaign are much more appealing. They're unpredictable and offer just an endless supply of missions. BoS has a good feature allowing the player to choose long or short missions, which doesn't work with the traditional static scripted style. It sound like now they're offering a bit of both styles which sounds great.

There's this app being created that turns the BoS campaign into a Career Generator. It fills in the missing pilot personality feature. It's very well done.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1739...-russ/?p=273710

Last edited by SharpeXB; 08/30/15 02:43 AM.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4162928 - 08/30/15 03:31 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
"Among the ideas that were abandoned there was old IL-2 static missions. I understand that it could sound really disappointing to some pilots but such missions would be an impossible task for the team. The significantly more complex editor and massive briefing texts that need to be translated properly into several languages make creation of 2 campaign with at least 20 missions each a really big problem. Speaking of time, we'd need up to 10 months for that."
- BlackSix

Or 1CGS could add the functionality to create in-game campaigns from community created missions like can be done in RoF. That would take significantly less time and open the doors for infinite content.

I think 1CGS might have a problem with "infinite content." It still appears they want to spoon feed us the SP content without the ability to reset it for replay. In essence, creating a consumable throw away now buy the next chapter product. I would buy the next chapter in any case if there were infinite community content for each.

I would love to be wrong.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4162931 - 08/30/15 03:46 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: KodiakJac]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bucksnort

Or 1CGS could add the functionality to create in-game campaigns from community created missions like can be done in RoF. That would take significantly less time and open the doors for infinite content.

There are already people working on parsers or utilities that extract the results out of the game to create careers or track stats. The career generator only works with the official campaign I think. But I don't see why that same idea can't be used to make other career campaigns. Enough people seem interested in making that happen.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4162978 - 08/30/15 08:00 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Or 1C/777 could include the features that people expect from a title with IL2 in the name.

Or they could simply use the IL2 brand to peddle their sim-lite vision, and watch as the community destroys itself with arguing and in-fighting. In the meantime fewer people play the game they bought and fewer people purchase future add-ons.

Not the business model I'd have chosen.

Last edited by Extreme_One; 08/30/15 09:07 AM.
#4163000 - 08/30/15 11:21 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: KodiakJac]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

I think 1CGS might have a problem with "infinite content." It still appears they want to spoon feed us the SP content without the ability to reset it for replay. In essence, creating a consumable throw away now buy the next chapter product. I would buy the next chapter in any case if there were infinite community content for each.

Agreed.

Why in the world they departed so far from the ROF model, which apparently was successful, is beyond me.
First thing I did when BOS was announced, was download the free version of ROF, gave it a spin even though WWI was not really my bag, and then pretty quickly purchased the ICE edition. After tasting the career mode I was excited about what BOS would bring in that department. Hopefully even better.
Boy was I wrong.

Last edited by dburne; 08/30/15 11:24 AM.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4163014 - 08/30/15 12:25 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
I know we've discussed this stuff over and over again...but from where I sit they totally missed the mark on making you "feel" a part of anything in the single player/campaign design. The best...was the high standard like the original series IL-2....that has a complete mission result debriefing....The chalk board...with pilots name chalked in.....giving you a feel for historical unit cohesiveness, the back at base life..The chance to grab some sleep before the next sortie. It had some historical photographs intermingled....the option to place your own photo on your pilot...Maybe a brief video clip with real footage....Everything was done to pull you into the story line. You wanted to get back to base...to see your name up on that board. To be glad you weren't one of the others listed as KIA, or Missing.

I don't know all the details..on how the DGEN was interfaced into the system along with DCG and I don't know how long it took, but that series evolved into a SP standard for sure. I mean...just the options and variables within DCG were amazing.

#4163026 - 08/30/15 01:16 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

I agree with J9.

I was among those expecting at least something similiar to RoF campaign when BoS was announced.
It would be a huge difference to present SP state and much, much less of dissappointed single players.

Let's hope that guy who undertook to make PWCG-like SP campaign generator for BoS will succeed...

If you're close, get closer.
#4163043 - 08/30/15 03:15 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: dburne]  
shadylurker Offline
shadylurker  Offline

Agreed.

Why in the world they departed so far from the ROF model, which apparently was successful, is beyond me.
First thing I did when BOS was announced, was download the free version of ROF, gave it a spin even though WWI was not really my bag, and then pretty quickly purchased the ICE edition. After tasting the career mode I was excited about what BOS would bring in that department. Hopefully even better.
Boy was I wrong.

I think this is what 99% of the pre purchasers and purchasers in general were basing their decision off of. Hence why there has been such a sh^t storm over BOS.

I'm hoping BOM pre orders opened their eyes.

#4163138 - 08/30/15 09:11 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: dburne]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Agreed.

Boy was I wrong.

They departed from it because they didn't feel it was a success. Which is totally false, I think they thought a WWI game could compete with a WWII game, which is really hard to do. WWI is a niche inside a niche. SO Loft had idea that he stubbornly stuck to. I still contend 1 simple sentence would get a lot of people back. Simply "We are sorry, you all were right, we were wrong" obviously it would have to be an honest statement with some proof, but i think many would come back. Some are to jaded, but it would be a start.

#4163141 - 08/30/15 09:22 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
I'll wager that sentence is not one which Zhiltsov will utter, let alone with any sincerity to correct his not one step back mindset.

If he did it would win back many, I agree!

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4163158 - 08/30/15 10:32 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: dburne]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France

I also don't understand.
Maybe it's because it wasn't that successful (commercially), or because it took too much resources to complete.
But I agree that it was probably what lots of SP players were waiting and so that they didn't understood why the RoF career wasn't transposed to BoS.

#4163162 - 08/30/15 10:36 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Hooves]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Hooves

They departed from it because they didn't feel it was a success. Which is totally false, I think they thought a WWI game could compete with a WWII game, which is really hard to do. WWI is a niche inside a niche. SO Loft had idea that he stubbornly stuck to. I still contend 1 simple sentence would get a lot of people back. Simply "We are sorry, you all were right, we were wrong" obviously it would have to be an honest statement with some proof, but i think many would come back. Some are to jaded, but it would be a start.

Which I never understood.. Two entirely different markets. It never ceases to amaze me how no one to date has tried to capitalize on the IL2 formula for success as far as features and scalability goes.. Developers keep trying to reinvent the wheel when the formula is simple and doable.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.