#4161941 - 08/27/15 10:28 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: JagerNeun]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Originally Posted By: JagdNeun
Originally Posted By: Trooper117

Quote:
PE-2's taking out Depot....Recent Combat video

Nice video smile

Yeah, they really do a great team concept...I'd like to get that proficient.....

Thanks for the plug Jag! This is just a great example of a nightly sortie on the TWB teamspeak.

And thanks for mentioning the sale BC I mentioned to my brother and he picked it up. I also picked it up for my nephew for this birthday. He is really enjoying learning to fly WWII birds.

This thread went as typical as SimHQ bos threads go. Not really surprised.

I highly recommend that some rethink the enormous grudge they are holding. Lord knows I had a good reason to be angry. But I'm very glad I gave BoS (and flight sims in general) another chance. I've met with a great group and we routinely have a whole lot of fun.

Overall this place is still a pretty hostile place. But has some great regulars. Jedi, wise as always, and the rest....well hostile as always. We are an interesting bunch, us flight simmers.

Here's to our first world problems!

Hooves out.

#4161945 - 08/27/15 10:32 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Sokol1]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Of course there are 99% of the players onliners, there is no offline content worth talking about.

#4161954 - 08/27/15 10:54 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Sure there is. It's been mentioned many times here. But admitting get any progress at all seems to be admitting get some sort of defeat here.

#4161962 - 08/27/15 11:25 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Hooves]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Hooves
Sure there is. It's been mentioned many times here. But admitting get any progress at all seems to be admitting get some sort of defeat here.

I guess as much as pretending BoS is actually good and the team is honest.

We shall see how far down the line this games goes in due time. As of right now it seems a small group trying to keep it alive with more mis-information and hopes than actual "progress" and innovation from russia.

But you guys keep the dream alive!

#4162010 - 08/28/15 01:58 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Hi Lokitexas! Pretending BoS is good? Not at all, it IS good! As evidenced by the video you can see. We routinely have a great time and all feel the game is good and are always looking forward to it being even better. The team honest? Well I can't really comment. Ive met Loft and team exactly once. The only thing I can tell you that I gleaned from that encounter was that he is passionate about flight sims and his ideas.

The latter seems pretty evident as some of his ideas have not translated as well as he wished, but yet he stuck to them. He is neither devious nor stupid. Just passionate.

I still have a hard time understanding your commitment to comment with so much vitriol, for a game you do not play, nor "care about".

But hey to each his own. What do you play btw? Serious question.

#4162011 - 08/28/15 02:01 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: lokitexas]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: lokitexas

I guess as much as pretending BoS is actually good and the team is honest.

We shall see how far down the line this games goes in due time. As of right now it seems a small group trying to keep it alive with more mis-information and hopes than actual "progress" and innovation from russia.
But you guys keep the dream alive!

Pretending... ? You sure do like that river travel don't you....

You keep on rowing....

I can't speak to the honesty or dishonesty of the team as I do not know why business decisions were made the way they were.. Stubborn? Yup... Shortsighted? Yup.. It seems that way to me.. but dishonest..? I have no opinion on that. YOU may have the inside track to their inner motives but I do not have that same insight..

A small group huh.. Riiight.. Tell you what.. that "small group" is bigger than the one here that you belong too.. and it is going in the opposite direction to boot... so we certainly will see "in due time" where this sim is going..

Misinformation? What in the world are you talking about..? BoS is on sale... and every improvement that I posted links to is factual.. You have other folks coming in this thread posting their experiences... so... what misinformation are you talking about? You keep missing the point entirely ...

Neither myself nor any user of BoS has to "keep the dream alive" ... For one thing it is not a dream... it actually is a decent sim.. Not across the board.. it is still missing some elements but everything about it is better than it was 8 months ago.. There has always been something to like in this sim... even if it was not yourthing.

I am not trying to keep any dream alive.. I just wanted to let folks know they could get BoS at a great price.. wave

Ooops.. wrong link.... hahaha

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4162088 - 08/28/15 08:09 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
juri_js Offline
juri_js  Offline

@lokitexas

I have an honest question. Do you have any links that show which promises the devs haven't kept? After reading through all developer diaries the only thing I could find was a remark that historical regiments would be selectable in the campaign.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?p=12860

#4162140 - 08/28/15 12:35 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Hooves]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.

I still have a hard time understanding your commitment to comment with so much vitriol, for a game you do not play, nor "care about".

For your first statement, I probably wouldnt care nor post, if when I told by blacksix "If you quit posting, Ill give you a refund" actually happened. Yet pm's about my account info get passed, and still nothing. Second, I like reading about all sims, and this is a flight sim board, so why not comment? We all can tell from all BoS boards, its died down a ton in activity. If there was no counter argument, it would the same small group gushing about a new skin, or how cool a flare is over the airfield. Oooo....shiney.

What do I play? Well I just hit the end of Witcher 3. Pretty much a gold standard as far as a small team should develop a game. I also fly IL2+CUP now and then, DCS Blackshark, but most of my time in the past month has been spent playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate...my favorite series. Why do you care what I am playing? Serious question.

Last edited by lokitexas; 08/28/15 12:46 PM.
#4162143 - 08/28/15 12:43 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: juri_js]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: juri_js
@lokitexas

I have an honest question. Do you have any links that show which promises the devs haven't kept? After reading through all developer diaries the only thing I could find was a remark that historical regiments would be selectable in the campaign.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?p=12860

As much as I would love to post links for you, its not hard to find just reading over the boards.

Off the top of my head, the devs stating the game is SP focused, saying the "campaign" is going to be interesting, no mention of unlocks or how they are achieved till the end of EA, and the biggest dishonest approach using the IL2 name as if this was the next "IL246" style game....which it isn't even close.

You think people just got mad and dumped them for no reason??? I assume more than just me felt duped.

About honesty, do we really need to go through that again? The paid shills? The exploding about the bad meta-critic scores and the threats to close shop? The name calling by Jason posted right here? The blasting of "old School" simmers from the devs. Come on now.

#4162149 - 08/28/15 12:54 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: lokitexas]  
Ardmore Offline
Ardmore  Offline

My, that's some chip you are carrying around, Loki.

Ardmore

#4162154 - 08/28/15 12:57 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
I regret wasting so much time on writing that 250 pages long guide (which is now obsolete anyway) and on trying to convince myself to keep flying BoS.

I'm in an overall much better mood (lower blood pressure and all that) since I quit playing it. I can't say I miss it since the vast majority of the people I liked flying with quit BoS as well.

Last edited by Chuck_Owl; 08/28/15 01:26 PM.
#4162159 - 08/28/15 01:05 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Hooves]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA

I applaud the efforts of the community to salvage this game. And it was ultimately the community that made IL-2 1946 great, but (unlike BoS) they were given the tools to do it by the game's developer.

One thing that just occurred to me, is that Loft wanted to make BoS "plug and play" and seems to have disdain for anything that makes it more complex (from player options to the ability to create in-game campaigns). But the community will not be dissuaded and ultimately this has created an unnecessarily complex game for the single player already.

If the community eventually defeats Loft's design and turns BoS into a traditional combat flight sim, it may be the most complex one ever created from a user interface standpoint (the exact opposite of what Loft envisioned).

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4162174 - 08/28/15 01:37 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Ardmore]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Ardmore

For me its now more tit for tat with Loft, not a chip. If someone dupes me out of $100 I'll get over it. But I'll never forget. Some on here seem to think we should forget...that part I don't get.

And for me it still comes down to a refund. Loft knew full well what he had done, that's why 1CGS braced and then struck out viciously as soon as the heat got turned up by the customers. Had they simply offered refunds to the early access customers they had abandoned I would have taken one and walked away.

What an "upright" thing a refund offer would have been. "Hey guys, we've changed our target audience for BoS. Any early access customer that wants one can get a refund." Who can argue with that.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4162191 - 08/28/15 02:01 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Monster Hunter 4, is that a nintedo game?

Cheers Dakpilot

#4162202 - 08/28/15 02:09 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Ardmore]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Ardmore

Lol I know right. Its so bad that any attempt at normal discourse is met with "omgz why are you asking me regular questions argh!!"

#4162219 - 08/28/15 02:24 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Hooves]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.

Ardmore

Lol I know right. Its so bad that any attempt at normal discourse is met with "omgz why are you asking me regular questions argh!!"

Interesting. You asked a question (serious). I answered, and asked a question (serious), and now you dont answer mine, and get upset I asked?

Talk about a normal discourse detour.

#4162220 - 08/28/15 02:24 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: lokitexas]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Originally Posted By: lokitexas

For your first statement, I probably wouldnt care nor post, if when I told by blacksix "If you quit posting, Ill give you a refund" actually happened. Yet pm's about my account info get passed, and still nothing. Second, I like reading about all sims, and this is a flight sim board, so why not comment? We all can tell from all BoS boards, its died down a ton in activity. If there was no counter argument, it would the same small group gushing about a new skin, or how cool a flare is over the airfield. Oooo....shiney.

What do I play? Well I just hit the end of Witcher 3. Pretty much a gold standard as far as a small team should develop a game. I also fly IL2+CUP now and then, DCS Blackshark, but most of my time in the past month has been spent playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate...my favorite series. Why do you care what I am playing? Serious question.

I think you are mistaking the relation between your quest for vengence and the lack of visitors to THIS flightsim sight. Most peoe.stopped coming around here for.BoS discussion due to the ludicrous waving a pitch forks by a few very vocal (read you and about 4 other) forum lurkers.

The activity on the main boards are alive with activity. Routinely 2 pages of new posts to browse through. We just got don't planning the next online campaign with Tx_Tip. And have several threads on improvements we'd like to see mysteriously, NoOne has been banned for discussing these subjects and there hasn't been an insult pedaled yet. WOW I know right! Must be all that civility being given used to calmly discuss things.

At this point the the only thing I'd like to discuss with you is other games, as I know you can't objectively discuss BoS, as the the sound of the name sends you I to a factless, embarassing to watch, temper tantrum... that's why I asked what other games you play.

But Witcher 3 you say? I have not tried the Witcher series, I'll give it a look.

Last edited by Hooves; 08/28/15 02:26 PM.
#4162225 - 08/28/15 02:32 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Dakpilot]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Monster Hunter 4, is that a nintedo game?

Cheers Dakpilot

Kind of. Its a Nintendo 3ds game.

It started as an under-the radar-game on the PS2 with a cult following. Then moved to the PSP for a few series. Then moved to the damn Wii. The only reason I bought a Wii was for that title. Then to the WiiU (which I refuse to buy for one game again), and now to the 3ds. Again, the only reason I purchased a 3ds. At least the 3ds+game has been worth it to me.

Anyway its a fun, tough, odd, title very popular in Japan. Its a 4 player coop style, where 99% of the fights are "boss" fights. Again one my favorite series.

#4162247 - 08/28/15 03:04 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Hooves]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.

I think you are mistaking the relation between your quest for vengence and the lack of visitors to THIS flightsim sight. Most peoe.stopped coming around here for.BoS discussion due to the ludicrous waving a pitch forks by a few very vocal (read you and about 4 other) forum lurkers.

The activity on the main boards are alive with activity. Routinely 2 pages of new posts to browse through. We just got don't planning the next online campaign with Tx_Tip. And have several threads on improvements we'd like to see mysteriously, NoOne has been banned for discussing these subjects and there hasn't been an insult pedaled yet. WOW I know right! Must be all that civility being given used to calmly discuss things.

At this point the the only thing I'd like to discuss with you is other games, as I know you can't objectively discuss BoS, as the the sound of the name sends you I to a factless, embarassing to watch, temper tantrum... that's why I asked what other games you play.

But Witcher 3 you say? I have not tried the Witcher series, I'll give it a look.

Quest for vengeance? No. Being able to call a spade a spade, sure.

Because I dont value BoS, and can point out it many flaws, I am an evil, mad, out for vengeance type? LOL. Not in the least. It might be you that has an issue with reading into it more? Just because I can be blunt does not mean I am having a temper tantrum. But if you see it that way thats on you.

I guess it the same way I see BC's 6 paragraph, highlighted, and underlines posts, as bitter, whiney, and over the top.

BTW aside from Witcher3 being an awesome game, read up on the development team. Small, passionate, DRM free, free DLC (to spite paid ones), and total commitment to its users. Again, I wish every development team would follow CDProjektReds model.

Last edited by lokitexas; 08/28/15 03:09 PM.
#4162252 - 08/28/15 03:09 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK

Quote:
But has some great regulars. Jedi, wise as always, and the rest....well hostile as always.

I think you would be hard pushed to view any of my posts as hostile... that sort of comment is guaranteed to put peoples backs up.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.