Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
#4161323 - 08/26/15 12:20 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: MiG21bisFishbedL]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
I know I said I was out of this "discussion" .. but

Originally Posted By: MiG21bisFishbedL
Actually, $40 is a pretty fair price point for the game.

Yeah it is.. which was all that I was saying.. but I have been accused of "baiting" some of the folks here simply by saying that $40 is a great price for BoSP (Which it most definitely is) as it is now because it has improved and new content is on the way. Go figure. I guess things have gotten so boring around here that any bone will do.

Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99

Right now as of 14:30 there are 85 folks in MP.. with 62 in one server...

Right now, 9:25pm Eastern U.S. time zone (prime time U.S. for the Eastern and Central time zones) there are 6 players on all of the MP servers around the world combined.

http://online.il2forever.com/

Dak comes on here saying the missions thread has over 250 posts and that sounds hot hot hot. But there are only about 30 user made missions total in the past 6 months since the BoS Mission Editor was released.

I think that's why many of us continue to push back...because there still appears to be a disingenuous effort to sell BoS on SimHQ. The spin that BoS is something it isn't still seems to be in place. That's Loft's MO, that shouldn't be you guys.

Think about it...6 players around the world playing BoS multi-player right now. That's a disaster for the U.S. market. Loft blew it trying to change BoS from a single player game into an MP game in the eleventh hour. You guys can't fix that, nor should you feel compelled to try.

Loft's business leadership has been a disaster for BoS. The sooner he is fired and replaced the better the chance that BoS can be salvaged. We know there are people on his team that want to go back to a single player focus. This isn't rocket science, nor is their singularity of thought on the 1CGS team. You aren't helping the project trying to prop Loft up with a few more sales. I'm surprised he hasn't already been fired.

You folks over here push back because it is what you do.. you are like the guy from operation, or the ignoring cat.. it's what you do.

I posted this here just to let people know that the sim was on sale.

Period.

Why did I post here? Well because it is Sim HQ duhhh.. just as I post at M4T when there is a sale. I have no hidden agenda, no nefarious end.. I am not under the control of the evil Loft or anyone else.. I just happen to think that what you get with BoS premium... for $40 at the moment.. is a good piece of kit considering what else is out here for now. That is all... and yesterday there were indeed 85 folks in MP when I posted that.. yet you seem to me to be insinuating in a backhanded way that I am lying somehow to try to promote the sim..

Whatever...

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4161355 - 08/26/15 02:09 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
There's plenty to do with this game short of the Campaign...My goodness....If you are an online flyer and can find others who want to devote some time online.....it's a blast. With the new utilities that are out there and like Dak has been posting...plenty of missions, this game is taking a fast track on busting out into a first rate game.

Forty dollars.....is a fantastic price....for the serious CFS player. That's right guys....if you are serious about making this game work...it will perform for any reasonable player with the energy and the get up and go...to download some utilities and some missions. If you want to be Eyore...and fuddle dee dah.....no..you won't ever like anything with this game. I know....some of you paid full price like I did...and you shouldn't have to do this and that.....So in the end...you are missing out...totally.

BC was trying to share the game with as many people as possible...not for brownie points...but like me....he's wanting to share the fun....with some of those who have been holding back because of the price. 10 dollars....come on that's just pathetic. It's a joke, right?

I paid full price for BOS and funded BOM..and damn glad I can help keep the game moving along. Best money I've spent in years.....and no...I'm not joking. The game works fine on MP...a tremendous amount of ground activity and plenty of aircraft in the air....no chugging....New BOS Commander career tracker...parsers..missions...and have you seen some screenies of BOM? Fantastic stuff! I don't expect you guys to agree with me..I'm simply making my point....which is just different from yours..

#4161360 - 08/26/15 02:18 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
You and small amount of faithful followers, promote, skew, gloss over, and promote BoS to no end.

You just post here, m4t, steam, and who else knows where that YOU think it's a great deal? Ok.

Don't seem so surprised and *gasp* amazed that people will also post that this limping title is a POS and not a good deal.

That's all I am saying. You can post your point yet get bent out of shape with others? Funny how you are.

It also doesn't help making jabs at the SimHQ forum community every post.

#4161365 - 08/26/15 02:27 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: JagerNeun]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Originally Posted By: JagdNeun
....for the serious CFS player. That's right guys....if you are serious about making this game work...it will perform for any reasonable player with the energy and the get up and go...to download some utilities and some missions.

Sorry but this is a ridiculous statement.

Now it's my fault that this game doesn't provide me with the entertainment that I expected from it?

I was told early on, well before the game was released, that this would mainly be a single player experience.

"Don't worry", we were told, "we know what you want". This is what the developers said when people asked them what kind of single player content we could expect.

Nobody wanted the groundhog day 'campaign'

Nobody wanted to have to use external applications, but they're forced to because the game lacks basic features.

What I don't want is to have to download third party applications, created by amateurs, so I can switch back between the game and some third party 'fix' running on my desktop, in order to do something as basic as fly a campaign.

A campaign, even a static series of missions that follow a 'story', is a fairly basic requirement in a Combat Flight Sim that had, up till now been fulfilled by the developer of every other title in the genre.

I have been gaming since the late 80s and have NEVER needed to use a third party program to perform a basic feature, which should have been part of the development of the game.

So, to say that the reason I don't enjoy BOS is because I'm lacking "energy and get up and go" is frankly insulting.

Forty Dollars is fine, if you want a nice looking sandbox whereby, with some messing around with files provided by strangers, you can get a kinda sorta campaign experience. If that's what you want from your Forty Dollars then it's good value.

If you want a Combat Flight Simulator, I recommend waiting til some of the basic features you'd expect have been added.

Last edited by Extreme_One; 08/26/15 02:33 PM.
#4161366 - 08/26/15 02:30 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: JagerNeun]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
There's plenty to do with this game short of the Campaign...My goodness....If you are an online flyer and can find others who want to devote some time online.....it's a blast.

That's a very big "if". There is a surprisingly (to Loft anyway) large number of simmers to which that does not apply.
Maybe they don't like MP against other humans (they might like coop, but that's irrelevant for BoS). Maybe they live somewhere with a poor internet connection that precludes MP gaming due to high pings/dropped packets/unreliable connections. Maybe neither of those first two apply, but they have a schedule which doesn't allow them to fly when most others are flying. Maybe they just don't get along well with others and prefer to do their own thing.

There are many games out there that are MP-only. SP players need not apply because it offers nothing.
BoS was neither promoted nor advertised as such a product, it was stated it would have value to both SP-only and MP-only players as well as those who enjoyed both. I think it fair to say that as delivered it appeals to MP players far more than to SP players.

Perhaps they should restructure it as follows -- buy the SP side, buy the MP side, buy both. The price for both would be $40. The price for MP only would be $30, and the price for SP only would be $10. Because value.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4161368 - 08/26/15 02:31 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: JagerNeun]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
There's plenty to do with this game short of the Campaign...My goodness....If you are an online flyer and can find others who want to devote some time online.....it's a blast. With the new utilities that are out there and like Dak has been posting...plenty of missions, this game is taking a fast track on busting out into a first rate game.

Fast track huh? Busting out huh?

So what....35ish player made single missions? No way to make a real campaign? Online community that has declined over the months of release? a LOT less people buying BoM that bought BoS? A mission parser that takes groundhog day and adds stats...outside of the interface because it wont be officially supported? Hit sounds still an issue since day 1 that has never been addressed as a bug?

Look Jagd, if you like the game great....but that statement is total BS. Deny it all you want but the game is going in the OPPOSITE direction of "busting out".

And no, I am not joking about $9.99. Not $10, but $9.99 is what this is worth to me. It can make pretty screen shots, and be fun for a quick mission, or airquake in MP, but the barebones past that....yeah not worth it.

#4161393 - 08/26/15 03:27 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
See how this works J9?

#4161397 - 08/26/15 03:34 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
See how this works J9?

How?

Points get countered and you, just like jason, have a "I'm done here" moment because people don't think like you do. Then you go away and come back at a later date to do it again?

Am I close?

#4161401 - 08/26/15 03:37 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
No... at least not in reference to what I was referring to..

#4161411 - 08/26/15 04:00 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: lokitexas]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: lokitexas
Points get countered

This is ridiculous. When someone say "I Like this", "I enjoy it" or "this is Worth my money", it is not a point but an opinion..... that can't be "countered".
Other reply "I don't like it", "It doesn't fit my expectations", "this isn't Worth the money they ask for".... and this is it....

BTW, As far I'm concerned, when I don't like something, even a something I purchased, I may say it once, but I never find any interest to repeat it over and over again at nauseam... I just forget it and avoid wasting precious time to #%&*$# about.
Exemple: For Clod, I pre-ordered it (collector version), installed it, played 10mn, and uninstalled it.... and you can search as much as you want (if you have some time to loose), you'll never find any comment from me on any forum.
... I Guess we're all very different.... scuseme

Last edited by Rama; 08/26/15 04:01 PM.
#4161417 - 08/26/15 04:10 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Rama]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Originally Posted By: Rama
BTW, As far I'm concerned, when I don't like something, even a something I purchased, I may say it once, but I never find any interest to repeat it over and over again at nauseam... I just forget it and avoid wasting precious time to #%&*$# about.

But you're only too happy to spend your time arguing, making the same points over and over again, with those that don't like it.

So, not very different really. smile

#4161418 - 08/26/15 04:11 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Yes we are mostly all different, but try being different over at the clone forum (BOS forum)

#4161420 - 08/26/15 04:16 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Rama]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Points get countered

This is ridiculous. When someone say "I Like this", "I enjoy it" or "this is Worth my money", it is not a point but an opinion..... that can't be "countered".

I responded in the thread because it wasn't stated as an opinion:

That is not opinion.. for just any other simmer who is coming to the party cold.. that would be a fact.

No...it is not a fact.

$40 is too much to pay for a game that's single player offering isn't interesting enough to play yet. When I think of the $100 I payed for it...it makes me wince a little.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4161427 - 08/26/15 04:32 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Yes we are mostly all different, but try being different over at the clone forum (BOS forum)

It is done all the time..

You know the thing that really sticks out for me in this thread is.. all I was doing was just letting folks who may not have BoS or been on the fence know that the Premium version is on sale at a very good price.. Yet I am told that I am baiting you folks as if you were a bunch of dogs at a fence and I was a boy with a stick.. just by saying "Hey BoS is on sale for a great price if anyone is interested.. " and I get all this nonsense from the same folks.. I even clarified that the Mc202 and the I-16 were only available if you pre ordered bought BoM (but they are available to fly now in BoS if that is the case) .. so that no one could say that I was a liar and insinuating that these aircraft were available simply by purchasing BoS for $40... but that too I guess is baiting the faithful at this bastion of objectivity and open mindedness..

You folks can have whatever opinions you want.. but the truth of the matter is that you will not find a better developer supported dedicated WWII sim on the market.. for $40 anywhere... Hence my starting this thread.. the sole purpose for starting it.. all this other high velocity ridiculosity is just another day over here..

If SP is your thing then the campaign is still what it is for the moment although work is being done on that as well.. if MP is your thing it is better but still sporadic.. but if you are just a simmer who likes WWII sims and you do not have BoS there is a lot to like and more boom than bang for your $40.

Originally Posted By: Force10
Points get countered

I responded in the thread because it wasn't stated as an opinion:

That is not opinion.. for just any other simmer who is coming to the party cold.. that would be a fact.

No...it is not a fact.

$40 is too much to pay for a game that's single player offering isn't interesting enough to play yet. When I think of the $100 I payed for it...it makes me wince a little.

What I said is a fact in the greater scheme of things all things considered.

#4161435 - 08/26/15 04:46 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

You folks can have whatever opinions you want.. but the truth of the matter is that you will not find a better developer supported dedicated WWII sim on the market.. for $40 anywhere... Hence my starting this thread.. the sole purpose for starting it.. all this other high velocity ridiculosity is just another day over here..

What good is a "developer supported" title if the developers don't listen to the community or even follow their original vision of how the career mode was going to be. (DD#21)

The fact is...that a brand new player coming in from the cold would do a lot better picking up IL-2 1946 for $9.99 and then have the freedom to play the game how he wants to...not how the developers force you to. While not "officially" supported anymore...what Team Daidalos and the modders at SAS are doing makes it a much better bargain.

There is more to a simulation experience then just eye candy.

wink

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4161438 - 08/26/15 04:53 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.

Keep posting this nonsense ad nauseum ....maybe a poor sap will actually believe it, and you can [Text deleted].

Let's not get into supposed motivations.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 08/26/15 05:13 PM. Reason: Moderation
#4161550 - 08/26/15 10:56 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Dakpilot]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

Dak, the 26 missions you refer to above are co-op missions in Spanish!

Have you translated them to English for us yet? smile2

"Buenos días, acá les dejamos una campaña estilo cooperativa sobre stalingrado, consta de 26 misiones

como imaginaran esta en español. http://www.mediafire...b4vf3/coops.rar

saludos"

Translation: "Good Morning, here I leave you guys a coop style campaing over Stalingrad, its has 26 missions. As you can guess, they are in Spanish, Cheers"

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4161552 - 08/26/15 10:59 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Extreme_One]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
But you're only too happy to spend your time arguing, making the same points over and over again, with those that don't like it.

The very few times I'm arguing, are never to try to change someone's opinion about BoS or another sim in particular.
And about the time I spend.... you beat me by miles... wink

Last edited by Rama; 08/26/15 11:03 PM.
#4161642 - 08/27/15 06:41 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: KodiakJac]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

Dak, the 26 missions you refer to above are co-op missions in Spanish!

Have you translated them to English for us yet? smile2

"Buenos días, acá les dejamos una campaña estilo cooperativa sobre stalingrado, consta de 26 misiones

como imaginaran esta en español. http://www.mediafire...b4vf3/coops.rar

saludos"

Translation: "Good Morning, here I leave you guys a coop style campaing over Stalingrad, its has 26 missions. As you can guess, they are in Spanish, Cheers"

Why would I translate them...the very next post from a multi linguist mentions the intent to do just that, you make it sound that 26 co-op missions are somehow a bad thing?, I understand that changing from co-op to SP is not too much of a big deal either

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16994-tangmere-pilots-velikiye-luki-mini-campaign/

It is also quite easy to save a 'generated' campaign mission to be replayed as SP and then slightly edited in the ME. Fact remains there IS a lot of activity and enthusiasm in the mission making thread, with the new manual this will only become more accessible and increase

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17721-prangsters-il-2-bos-mission-building-guide/

What made original IL-2 was community/3rdparty made missions/apps not what came with the program. The fact that there is a healthy Spanish/French/Russian input is to be considered a good thing rather than to be mocked

Cheers Dakpilot

#4161646 - 08/27/15 07:48 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Rama]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England

The very few times I'm arguing, are never to try to change someone's opinion

Ditto. I couldn't care less if you or she or they like the game, so I won't try and change your opinion.

I do hope that the developers care why people that bought BOS aren't playing and aren't buying BOM so that's why I share my opinions about the game.

I know it's pretty naive to think that 1C/777 will read my comments or, if they do read them, care that I'm dissatisfied, but it doesn't cost me anything to post here.

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.