Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
#4161162 - 08/25/15 09:00 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Yes Friendly Mission Builder is what I meant...thanks guys!!

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#4161182 - 08/25/15 10:32 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Here is a good community (player) created manual on how to use the Mission Editor (ME) in BoS:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17721-prangsters-il-2-bos-mission-building-guide/

Its actually very well done. The lowdown on the ME in BoS is its complicated as compared to the FMB in IL-2 1946 (or even Cliffs of Dover). That's why you aren't seeing many stand alone missions being created. I'm guessing there are 20 to 30 out there now.

And the real drag on the mission makers is that they can't string them together to be presented in-game as a campaign. Some of the related single missions are being presented in "mission packs" and sometimes even called campaigns, but there is no continuity from mission to mission within the game like in 1946 (pilot character creation, rewards like medals and promotions, moving forward in time, etc). And 1CGS Moscow has flat out said they will not be creating the functionality to add in-game user made campaigns in BoS/BoM. There has been a conscious effort by 1CGS to limit SP content in this series.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4161184 - 08/25/15 11:05 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Force10

So by "cold"...you mean someone that has never heard of or seen the IL-2 franchise here at SimHQ...where the announcement is that we are discussing.
Pretty slim audience! wink

No by cold I mean someone.. anyone.. who does not have BoS .. and never spent a dime on it.

They could have been reading this forum every day for the past 3 years.. and never bought in at all, maybe even because if the bad press.

That is what I mean by cold.

At $40 BoS Premium is more than worth it. It is a bargain.

In my opinion even at $80 it is worth it. Others may feel differently but to deny that what you get with buying BoS Premium for $40 as it is now is a very nice piece of kit is being unrealistic. There is no other developer supported dedicated WWII sim on the market that does what BoS does. None.. and BoS, as it is today is quite a good product. You can think what you want about the team behind it, the forum, the moderation and all that .. but the sim itself is quite good as it is and in truth it has been quite good for some time. The seeds for the sim as it is now were there from day one and there are more improvements coming.

People can hold onto the same feelings that were raging over the past 10 months if they want to.. it is no skin off my nose.

In the end we will all see what this sim will be. The Mission Editor has been released.. missions are being made and as the sim grows and more people come to it it will get even better and more people will come to it because it is a good product and it is strongly supported by a good team regardless to what anyone here thinks.

The idea that anyone would need to "warn" people from buying BoS .. on sale for $40 in it's current state is a ludicrous notion.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4161187 - 08/25/15 11:20 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99

In the end we will all see what this sim will be. The Mission Editor has been released.. missions are being made and as the sim grows and more people come to it it will get even better and more people will come to it because it is a good product and it is strongly supported by a good team regardless to what anyone here thinks.

The idea that anyone would need to "warn" people from buying BoS .. on sale for $40 in it's current state is a ludicrous notion.

LOL.

This is funny.

Its a bad product, by a bad team, regardless of what you think.

The idea that someone supports buying BoS for any price in its current state is a ludicrous notion.

#4161191 - 08/25/15 11:31 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
I can't sit by any longer and say nothing...
If you are an offline single player, my advice, do not buy it... yet!
If you are an offline SP guy, who is used to the great SP missions and campaigns from the old IL2 you will be sorely let down.
Things may improve over time, but from what has been stated by the dev team it's SP format is here to stay and will even migrate to the next venture Battle of Moscow.

If you are into MP, then you will probably enjoy the game, but don't expect anything like the experience you had with the old IL2... but it's getting better smile

Into MP?... then yes.
Into SP?... do not buy it until things improve.

#4161194 - 08/25/15 11:41 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
[quote=Force10]
The Mission Editor has been released.. missions are being made and as the sim grows..

Being realistic: The share missions thread link about 30 different mission/mission packs that varies from single circuit around the field to... play "football" rolleyes in MP to good ones mission packs like Veteran66, jupps, Coconut, with little new in last mount.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14893-missions-sharing-corner/page-1

#4161195 - 08/25/15 11:42 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: lokitexas]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: lokitexas

LOL.
This is funny.
Its a bad product, by a bad team, regardless of what you think.
The idea that someone supports buying BoS for any price in its current state is a ludicrous notion.

You are of course entitled to that opinion.. The sim is on sale for those who may be interested.

I'm out.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4161196 - 08/25/15 11:44 PM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA

At $40 BoS Premium is more than worth it. It is a bargain.

If BoS could get the MP player numbers up then I would agree for MP players. But not for young single players.

IL-2 1946 C.U.P. is where its at for the younger generation of single players (I can tell by this guy's enthusiasm...lol):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFR4FfDcIzs

IL-2 1946 C.U.P. YouTube video uploaded just 6 weeks ago...already over 50,000 views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rISJibqaUy0

Another IL-2 1946 C.U.P video I found had over 100,000 views in just the last 4 weeks. Why Loft would forgo this younger generation of single players I'll never understand. It just goes to show, single player content trumps eye candy.

#4161209 - 08/26/15 12:35 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Skoop Offline
Skoop  Offline

Ventura, CalifornIA
40 bucks is a great deal for this sim.

The sim has improved immensely with the addition of the editor. Yes it is very hard to learn to use, but with the complexity comes more possibilities if you know how to use them. There's plenty of good content that has been released, community members are working on complex data parsers to lay the ground work for forming a dynamic mission system.

There's the IL2 commander app that has improved the enjoyment of the SP campaign by making a career system.

Things are happening with this sim, and I haven't even mentioned all the new content being worked on by the devs.

I fly this sim daily. I dogfight in MP servers, I test new missions from community mission builders, I play custom historical based coop missions with organized squadrons. Theres plenty to do and fly with this sim, with more content being added monthly.

I've seen so much nego BS here in these forums, just seems you could actually fire up the sim and fly it for a change. Why waist so much time biatching in forums, theres a sim to fly so fly it...lets see your skills.

Last edited by Skoop; 08/26/15 12:39 AM.
#4161219 - 08/26/15 01:26 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA

Right now as of 14:30 there are 85 folks in MP.. with 62 in one server...

Right now, 9:25pm Eastern U.S. time zone (prime time U.S. for the Eastern and Central time zones) there are 6 players on all of the MP servers around the world combined.

http://online.il2forever.com/

Dak comes on here saying the missions thread has over 250 posts and that sounds hot hot hot. But there are only about 30 user made missions total in the past 6 months since the BoS Mission Editor was released.

I think that's why many of us continue to push back...because there still appears to be a disingenuous effort to sell BoS on SimHQ. The spin that BoS is something it isn't still seems to be in place. That's Loft's MO, that shouldn't be you guys.

Think about it...6 players around the world playing BoS multi-player right now. That's a disaster for the U.S. market. Loft blew it trying to change BoS from a single player game into an MP game in the eleventh hour. You guys can't fix that, nor should you feel compelled to try.

Loft's business leadership has been a disaster for BoS. The sooner he is fired and replaced the better the chance that BoS can be salvaged. We know there are people on his team that want to go back to a single player focus. This isn't rocket science, nor is their singularity of thought on the 1CGS team. You aren't helping the project trying to prop Loft up with a few more sales. I'm surprised he hasn't already been fired.

#4161226 - 08/26/15 01:56 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
[

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4161229 - 08/26/15 01:58 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA

In my opinion even at $80 it is worth it.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4161232 - 08/26/15 02:02 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
BoS, as it is today is quite a good product. .. but the sim itself is quite good as it is and in truth it has been quite good for some time.

#4161241 - 08/26/15 03:23 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
They could have been reading this forum every day for the past 3 years.. and never bought in at all, maybe even because if the bad press.

Here let me fix that for you:

They could have been reading this forum every day for the past 3 years.. and never bought in at all, maybe even because the uncensored Truth has been discussed here at SHQ and they have read the Truth about BOS's strengths and weaknesses, unlike the biased BS PC propaganda at the BOS Forum press.

You still want to con people into buying BOS promising how good it is getting and how it will get even better in the future. Every time you post over here it makes me laugh. [Text deleted] seehearspeak

Here, let me save you the time and effort of you replying.

Whatever Dude! Alrighty Then!

S!Blade<><

Refrain from characterizing the author of the post.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 08/26/15 03:29 AM. Reason: Moderation
#4161264 - 08/26/15 06:31 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: KodiakJac]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
[quote=Bearcat99]

Dak comes on here saying the missions thread has over 250 posts and that sounds hot hot hot. But there are only about 30 user made missions total in the past 6 months since the BoS Mission Editor was released.

I think that's why many of us continue to push back...because there still appears to be a disingenuous effort to sell BoS on SimHQ. The spin that BoS is something it isn't still seems to be in place. That's Loft's MO, that shouldn't be you guys.

Actually there have been more than 30 new missions produced in the last 30 days, quite how reporting on developments is somehow disingenuous I am not sure, there are a lot of things happening with great potential

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17767-operations-server-instructions/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17167-announcing-sturmovikmission-mission-parser/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1739...-campaign-russ/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1778...ay/#entry280150

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17910-event-pe-2-2708/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17562-dynamic-campaign-generator-anyone-design-discussion/

Not to mention the New Murmansk map, second user made map in delelopement, and the immanent release of the summer/autumn map and related new content free for BoS

Cheers Dakpilot

#4161273 - 08/26/15 07:56 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Even with all the recent 'improvements' which haven't changed the core experience much, judging by reading the patch notes, then there's still nothing for me.

As an offline-only pilot I want campaigns: groundhog day didn't cut it for me.
And a series of single missions given the title of 'campaign' doesn't wash either.

If they just added the ability for a mission builder to string missions together, and for us to load them as a campaign via the interface, it would be a huge improvement and surely not difficult to acheive.

I don't want to have to unlock winter skins in order to fly in the correct camo. That's just ridiculous!

If I were into online flying then, if the reported player numbers are true, it looks like I'd be disappointed too.

So overall, even at this knockdown price, I won't be buying.

I'd be tempted at £9.99 but that's just because of the amount of time I'd spend actually playing it.

It's not even like the SP pilot is asking for anything that a) wasn't implied during development ("this will be a single player focused game") and b) would even be difficult to achieve.

#4161282 - 08/26/15 09:03 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I may- MAY- consider getting the Fw190... thing is- I already fly it beautifully in DCS (although admittedly is the D version...) uhm.

Opinions?

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4161284 - 08/26/15 09:04 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Dakpilot]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
[quote=Bearcat99]

Actually there have been more than 30 new missions produced in the last 30 days, quite how reporting on developments is somehow disingenuous I am not sure, there are a lot of things happening with great potential

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17767-operations-server-instructions/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17167-announcing-sturmovikmission-mission-parser/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1739...-campaign-russ/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1778...ay/#entry280150

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17910-event-pe-2-2708/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17562-dynamic-campaign-generator-anyone-design-discussion/

Not to mention the New Murmansk map, second user made map in delelopement, and the immanent release of the summer/autumn map and related new content free for BoS

Cheers Dakpilot

Where are the 30 new single player missions located for download. I can't find them in any of the links you have provided above or on Mission4Today.com

#4161300 - 08/26/15 10:28 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

There are 26 mission here

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14893-missions-sharing-corner/?p=276188

and

2 new missions from Samson

2 new parts of Andreys life by SYN_Haashashin

2 new mission from Coconut - "I revised the single-player mission of Ratas And Stukas, and added another single-player mission flying the MC202"

New teaser mission for upcoming mission pack 'Sturmoviks over Stalingrad' by Juri_JS

all of these released in last month, for sure there are not hundreds of missions but to say there is little progress or momentum is not showing the big picture

Cheers Dakpilot

#4161305 - 08/26/15 11:04 AM Re: BoS August Sale! [Re: Bearcat99]  
MiG21bisFishbedL Offline
MiG21bisFishbedL  Offline

Actually, $40 is a pretty fair price point for the game.

wut meens b?
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.