Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4158697 - 08/18/15 04:12 AM Arma 3 Zeus in SimHQ Missions  
Fridge Offline
Fridge  Offline

Fredericton, NB, Canada
Ok. I am going to be a bad guy here but I think it needs to be done.

Can someone tell me why we have Zeus as part of SimHQ missions if all it is being used for is PvP? I have no problem with PvP if that is the mission that we are playing. Set it up. Lets fight human players on even terms. No respawns, different tactics, no spawning whatever equipment you feel is needed because you died earlier in a mission and don't want to play by the rules anymore.

I have no idea why the Zeus position in SimHQ missions is being used (or allowed to be used) as one persons endless respawn PvP arena. In my understanding Zeus can be used to augment game play or provide a dynamic, changing environment or scenario. We don't do that.

Why is it there?

And for the record: Yeah I am quite angry that I was shot down tonight. I spent 20 minutes making sure my team got to the LZ and on the ground safe and then proceeded to hover around under the gunners direction as instructed my the mission lead. I spent 90% of my time looking at the gauges in the Mi-8 trying to keep her steady, letting my human door gunner provide support and stay in a position to pick up troops after the mission was completed. I didn't fire a shot; I keep my mind on being part of the team. As the mission started to draw to a close I started moving in closer to the target to facilitate picking up the few survivors so we could move on to another mission. Someone, who died earlier in the game, decided to spawn in as Zeus and grant themselves a locking AA missile.

I was pretty angry a while ago when Zeus was used for the same purpose and I was in a support slot. The Zeus player decided to shoot wounded, incapacitated players to prevent the medic from reviving them. Why have a medic slot at all?

In this case, why have a helicopter slot? More importantly: Why have a Zeus slot?

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4158918 - 08/18/15 03:56 PM Re: Arma 3 Zeus in SimHQ Missions [Re: Fridge]  
TheProf Offline
TheProf  Offline

Canada
I'd be happy to see the Zeus slot dropped. I've never seen it really contribute much to any mission I've played with it.

#4158949 - 08/18/15 05:07 PM Re: Arma 3 Zeus in SimHQ Missions [Re: Fridge]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Agreed. The Zeus role is not necessary for our coop-style missions.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4159010 - 08/18/15 07:17 PM Re: Arma 3 Zeus in SimHQ Missions [Re: Fridge]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I don't know if anyone has really figured out the best way to use it, but the problem is more that unless you're interested in doing things like an old school RPG DM it's really not very interesting to play.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4159140 - 08/19/15 03:44 AM Re: Arma 3 Zeus in SimHQ Missions [Re: Jedi Master]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I don't know if anyone has really figured out the best way to use it, but the problem is more that unless you're interested in doing things like an old school RPG DM it's really not very interesting to play.

The Jedi Master

Technical issues aside, the two missions Tao tried in this vein were great. It's a shame we never got to finish them.

Off to greener pastures
#4159145 - 08/19/15 04:47 AM Re: Arma 3 Zeus in SimHQ Missions [Re: near_blind]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
i hear your frustration fridge, i get annoyed sometimes as well. Its a fine to walk with zeus as yes, it can be abused, but other times it can really add to a mission. Theres been a fair few times i've used it to put in an MG gunner and fire around the players without them as they run across an open field, or at the cover people are hiding behind to add a little more "O S**T!!" to the experince.

I really dislike it if its used to add a ton of stuff that totally changes a mission though. It could also be changed so only certain people can use it, which could be a good compromise.

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#4159246 - 08/19/15 01:56 PM Re: Arma 3 Zeus in SimHQ Missions [Re: near_blind]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: near_blind
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

The Jedi Master

Technical issues aside, the two missions Tao tried in this vein were great. It's a shame we never got to finish them.

Yes, I remember those.

However, who is this Tao of whom you speak? stirthepot

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.