Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4157393 - 08/14/15 10:27 AM Another rip off crap warhammer 40k production.  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Sounded good on paper, but what the fook about the load outs. Where in warhammer 40k do ANY units hold on them or easily switch between bolter pistol + melee to plasma cannon and back again in a second. Not following lore, just making another generic game with nothing new and making it with warhammer 40k graphics just to suck in the dedicate warhammer crowd.

FFS, really get sick of these rip off games.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4157672 - 08/15/15 12:16 AM Re: Another rip off crap warhammer 40k production. [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Allaire Online content
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Online Content
Donkeystrength Proponent

AR, USA
Do you know anything about the Inquisition in the 40k universe? The Inquisitors are trained to use most if not all of the arms of the 40k universe.

Silent enim legēs inter arma.

Cave canem, te necet lingendo.
#4157748 - 08/15/15 07:40 AM Re: Another rip off crap warhammer 40k production. [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well I hope there was no "tone" in your reply. But in any case, I am familiar with it yes.

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly, or perhaps you misread my original comment.

I am not complaining about the inquisitors ability to use different weapons. If you watch the video, I was complaining that it wasn't following lore and just being another #%&*$# game by the ability to dissolve into thin air his melee weapon and pistol, to bring out a two handed plasma weapon, then instantly dissolve that into thin air whenever he wanted to bring out his sword and pistol. Change repeat as many times as you can.

WTF! WHERE ON TERRA DOES HE STORE THAT TWO HANDED PLASMA WEAPON.

Warhammer, is about choosing your load out for the mission, and that is all you get until back at the armoury. Not like grand theft auto where I can hold 5 pistols +6 shotguns +4rifles +3melee weapons +grenade launcher +parachute + fuel drum +purple double ended dildo.

Not following core warhammer dynamics and Lore is what pisses me off about these quick buck, instacodes. Gamesworkshop should just f'ing wake up and accept the death of tabletop for the greater revenue of releasing a core warhammer game and selling separate codex and elite units. That will prolong the life of warhammer 40k

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 08/15/15 07:48 AM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4158019 - 08/16/15 02:29 AM Re: Another rip off crap warhammer 40k production. [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Allaire Online content
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Online Content
Donkeystrength Proponent

AR, USA
It's in the psyker psychic pocket bogus. It's the same pocket that lets animals carry armor shirts in other games. Of course it's a plasma rifle so I choose to believe that it's on a sling. If it was a plasma cannon or lascannon that would make me do a double take.

Myself I can suspend disbelief in these contexts because it's an action RPG. In something like Mordheim or Bloodbowl if they pulled this crap I would be right there with you. Also no tone at all. salute

Silent enim legēs inter arma.

Cave canem, te necet lingendo.
#4159170 - 08/19/15 09:50 AM Re: Another rip off crap warhammer 40k production. [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
I think it actually looks pretty good. I like their approach to a more tactical gameplay.

The weapon loadout change 'on the fly' is of no importance to me.

What will make or break the game for me will be the story and atmosphere, RPG elements and whether the combat is challenging and fun.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.