Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4156142 - 08/11/15 06:37 AM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Originally Posted By: Blade_Meister

Wow, this video is just pure justification on how "Crappy" and unrealistic landings are in BOS. If you landed like this pilot did in the Folgore, you would have bounced 10 feet off the deck and floated 100 yards down the runway. This is one of the most blatant errors in their FMs in BOS and yet they refuse to even acknowledge it. Maybe someone should post this over on their Forums and ask again , Why are landings in BOS so unrealistic? Be prepared if you do because the Fanbois will vomit all over you with, "Learn How To Land Properly!" hahaha

S!Blade<><

Oh dear, typically uninformed post, written in the usual manner "Fanbois will vomit all over you"

It is a quite simple fact that if you try to land at any speed above above stall speed, when the main wheels of a taildragger (C of G well behind main gear) touch the tail will drop A of A will increase and you will fly again. It is simple aerodynamics and physics, accurate and will happen in the real world as well, aircraft are designed to fly above stall speed, you cannot make them 'not fly' by will alone... A landing done at the correct speed and descent rate will work just as it should in the real life. The only skill needed is practice and a simple understanding of basic aerodynamics.

So my advice to you is Learn to land properly.....I think you will find that the real pilot of the 202 had correct training and technique and a willingness to learn during his training

Now if that makes me a "Fanboi" vomiting all over you (seriously are you 15 years old and play call of duty?) then I am guilty as charged...it is not surprising with this attitude posting on the official forums you would be met with rebuke...BoS has many faults but the one you are trying to deride is not one of them

Cheers Dakpilot

#4156222 - 08/11/15 01:02 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Penshoon]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Wow, way to totally rebut his argument by saying the very thing he said you would. rolleyes

You couldn't, just could NOT, refrain from putting "learn to land properly" in there? There was no way in the world you could imagine writing that post WITHOUT sounding condescending? Do you think that is effective in getting people to pay attention to you? Or do you actually believe that does not sound condescending?

My advice to you is to learn how to communicate properly. I think you will find that real trainers have a technique and willingness to learn how to communicate with their students during training.

To diagram:
Blade says this video proves BoS' FM is lacking, but that nonspecific fanboys will say it does the opposite and you should learn to land properly

You then proceed to adhere directly to the fanboy stereotype, addressing not the video nor the sim but rather the textbook definition of landing (which surprisingly enough no one actually debated, next I guess you'll tell us how it's actually important we have oxygen to breathe rolleyes ) and impugn his abilities as a pilot with a "if you knew what you were doing you would realize you were wrong" smugness that proves nothing other than your ineffectiveness at communication

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4156231 - 08/11/15 01:29 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Penshoon]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Shame you do not see the irony in my post,

Just because it is the answer he predicted and did not want to hear does not make it untrue

I think you should re-read baldes post to see some ineffective communication.... rolleyes

Cheers Dakpilot

#4156255 - 08/11/15 01:55 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Penshoon]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

She has a beautiful figure wink

If you're close, get closer.
#4156284 - 08/11/15 02:44 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Ami7b5]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Originally Posted By: Ami7b5
She has a beautiful figure wink

But what a lousy taste of camo for the Russian Winter...

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4156335 - 08/11/15 04:43 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Sluggish Controls]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sluggish Controls
[quote=Ami7b5]She has a beautiful figure wink
But what a lousy taste of camo for the Russian Winter...

Cheers,
Slug

She has just arrived from Africa, all suntanned.

Comunity skinners will take care of right winter camos...
And, ofc., unlocks.
smile

Last edited by Ami7b5; 08/11/15 04:51 PM.

#4156356 - 08/11/15 05:33 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Ami7b5]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Strangely and historically the 202's on the Eastern front were never painted with winter camo schemes and remained in their Med colours until they returned to Italy (those which survived)

Cheers Dakpilot

#4156360 - 08/11/15 05:40 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Dakpilot]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Strangely and historically the 202's on the Eastern front were never painted with winter camo schemes and remained in their Med colours until they returned to Italy (those which survived)

Cheers Dakpilot

Good to know, as I like that cammo smile

#4156418 - 08/11/15 08:55 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Dakpilot]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Shame you do not see the irony in my post,

Just because it is the answer he predicted and did not want to hear does not make it untrue

I think you should re-read baldes post to see some ineffective communication.... rolleyes

Cheers Dakpilot

Likewise nothing in your post makes it true either. A textbook definition has literally nothing do with how BoS models it because it's not a textbook.
He said the technique shown in the video would not work in the sim.
You used "irony" very poorly and talked about how someone would be taught to land a taildragger, ANY taildragger, in a classroom, and then proceeded to tell him he should avail himself of one.
You did not actually address his points, instead you proclaimed your knowledge superior to his based on irrelevancies.

"This ice cream tastes bad."
"If you bothered to do your research, you'd see that you need high quality cream and proper mixing technique to make good ice cream."
"WTF does that have to do with THIS ice cream tasting bad???"

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4156428 - 08/11/15 09:27 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Penshoon]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

He made no points to address, other than a little rant at how it is difficult to land in BoS, I proclaimed no superior knowledge other than the fact that real world principles work, you cannot land an aircraft at a higher speed than it stalling speed. This is also true in BoS, and why people bounce. His comment on the vid is totally irrelevant, it shows an aircraft landing nothing more.

Cheers Dakpilot

#4156439 - 08/11/15 10:07 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Dakpilot]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
He made no points to address, other than a little rant at how it is difficult to land in BoS, I proclaimed no superior knowledge other than the fact that real world principles work, you cannot land an aircraft at a higher speed than it stalling speed. This is also true in BoS, and why people bounce. His comment on the vid is totally irrelevant, it shows an aircraft landing nothing more.

Cheers Dakpilot

Actually, what he said was:

Wow, this video is just pure justification on how "Crappy" and unrealistic landings are in BOS. If you landed like this pilot did in the Folgore, you would have bounced 10 feet off the deck and floated 100 yards down the runway. This is one of the most blatant errors in their FMs in BOS and yet they refuse to even acknowledge it. Maybe someone should post this over on their Forums and ask again , Why are landings in BOS so unrealistic? Be prepared if you do because the Fanbois will vomit all over you with, "Learn How To Land Properly!" hahaha

S!Blade<><

His contention was that the landings in BoS are unrealistic. (I have no idea if that is indeed the case, or not.) He didn't say he was having difficulty with them.

#4156450 - 08/11/15 10:42 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: CyBerkut]  
Prangster Offline
Prangster  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: CyBerkut

His contention was that the landings in BoS are unrealistic. (I have no idea if that is indeed the case, or not.) He didn't say he was having difficulty with them.

Tonight, on my first attempt, I made a three point landing with the Macchi without any bouncing. This would tend to disprove Blade_Meister assertion that all landing result in a bounce and a 100ft float down the runway and that, in consequence, the BoS FM is unrealistic.

I would contend that any problems he may have experience with bouncing on landing are a result of excess speed and too high of a sink rate on touchdown. Since not everyone who plays BoS has a problem with landing then any bouncing can most likely be attributed to poor technique, in other words he must have been having having difficulty landing or he wouldn't have bounced. Of course I am assuming he has has actually experience bouncing but maybe you are correct and he has always landed perfectly and never actually had difficult with landings.

Ian "Prangster" Jeremiah
#4156568 - 08/12/15 09:57 AM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Penshoon]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
PUT THE WORD OUT!... lets get a few more 'experten' in to have a go at BM... (don't worry BM you will soon have hoards of the faithful hounding you as soon as this gets passed around) lol!

#4156596 - 08/12/15 12:02 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Trooper117]  
Prangster Offline
Prangster  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: Trooper117
PUT THE WORD OUT!... lets get a few more 'experten' in to have a go at BM... (don't worry BM you will soon have hoards of the faithful hounding you as soon as this gets passed around) lol!

He He you guys are so easy to wind up. Tat tat for now.

Ian "Prangster" Jeremiah
#4156730 - 08/12/15 03:00 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Prangster]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: Prangster
Originally Posted By: CyBerkut

Tonight, on my first attempt, I made a three point landing with the Macchi without any bouncing. This would tend to disprove Blade_Meister assertion that all landing result in a bounce and a 100ft float down the runway and that, in consequence, the BoS FM is unrealistic.

He didn't say that all landings result in a bounce.

Quote:

I would contend that any problems he may have experience with bouncing on landing are a result of excess speed and too high of a sink rate on touchdown. Since not everyone who plays BoS has a problem with landing then any bouncing can most likely be attributed to poor technique, in other words he must have been having having difficulty landing or he wouldn't have bounced. Of course I am assuming he has has actually experience bouncing but maybe you are correct and he has always landed perfectly and never actually had difficult with landings.

I didn't say that he always landed perfectly. I have no idea how his landings go.

Reading comprehension is a useful skill. It will actually serve one better in life than being able to land a simulated plane in a computer game.

#4156811 - 08/12/15 06:11 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Penshoon]  
Prangster Offline
Prangster  Offline

UK
So how do you find the landing in BoS CyBerkut, do you find them OK or do you thinks there's too much bounce in the undercarriage physics?

Ian "Prangster" Jeremiah
#4156820 - 08/12/15 06:58 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Prangster]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: Prangster
So how do you find the landing in BoS CyBerkut, do you find them OK or do you thinks there's too much bounce in the undercarriage physics?

I don't find them to be anything, as I do not own the game.

#4156821 - 08/12/15 06:59 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Blade_Meister]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

S!Blade<><

The landing there looks good because it's done right. I love it when people post a video of an expert real pilot handling one of these planes, making it look easy, and then claim the game is busted because they can't do the same.
I'm no real pilot but I can still use Google.
Watch these films and do exactly what this instructor says. You'll land cleanly just like the video with very little bounce at all.
In fact if you watch the BoS replay from the F11 camera it will look just like the real film.

Last edited by SharpeXB; 08/12/15 07:02 PM.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4156851 - 08/12/15 08:45 PM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Trooper117]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Trooper117

Quote:
offer SP players like myself absolutely nothing.

my sentiments entirely... frown

Yup.

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#4157277 - 08/14/15 01:33 AM Re: Developer Diary, Part 104 [Re: Blade_Meister]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

If you landed like this pilot did in the Folgore, you would have bounced 10 feet off the deck and floated 100 yards down the runway.

Not so. If you're bouncing 10' up in the air and sailing 100 yards down the runway, you're making a whole bunch of errors.
This is my third time landing the plane. Perhaps you should spend your flight hours learning to handle planes correctly instead of ranting on the forums.

Last edited by SharpeXB; 08/14/15 01:34 AM.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.