Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4155800 - 08/10/15 02:18 PM Official Retaliator Sale (RSI Website with LTI)  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14883-Retaliator-Modules-Available

If you have one of the old Retaliators you get the two torpedo bays with whatever your hull insurance was for free. (If you had a LTI Retaliator you now have a LTI Retaliator with Two LTI torpedo bays.)

The new one is the stripped hull with nothing in the module slots. It comes with LTI but you have to buy the modules as extra. The old Retaliator went for 250, this new one goes for 150 + the module costs.

Seems like a money grab to me but I dont realy care. It doesnt affect me and like has been said a thousand times already everything can be earned in game.

They made over a million dollars this weekend in the flash sale and this retaliator sale. Should keep them programming for another few months at least smile

#4155829 - 08/10/15 03:05 PM Re: Official Retaliator Sale (RSI Website with LTI) [Re: Master]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Well I am going to have to bite on this one, and apologies in advance Master.

But really! C'mon.. WTF is going on here.

I will not moan about the price of the ships. That is their choice, and choice for those that wish to "pledge" that amount of money. So no quibble there.

They said there WOULD BE NO MORE LTI. How many f'ing times are they going to sell LTI to gain a quick buck.

Not to mention the mission video posted on the other thread which unsurprisingly shows the retaliator in mutlicrew, then low and behold, retaliator sale with f'ing LTI.

I don't like their practices of bullish!t and lying.

Its a shameless money grab, no doubt about it.

But why do they need to money grab?

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4155837 - 08/10/15 03:24 PM Re: Official Retaliator Sale (RSI Website with LTI) [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I honestly have no clue anymore Bogusheadbox lol

Originally they said no more LTI at all. Then they relented and said only LTI on brand new concept ships (as reward for backing those ships early) but then they started getting weird... because they started releasing ship variants.

So my guess in this case is that 1) They never sold a bare bone Retaliator so they are treating it like a concept sale. But the torpedo bays were sold with the original Retaliator so they dont get LTI but the other modules do.

I dont think I buy that excuse because originally the old Retaliator was supposed to be a bare bone (no torpedo bays or anything) ship and it had LTI.

This to me is nothing more than a money grab. With that said... it really doesnt affect me.

Also they need money because they have 400+ people working on the game. On a base salary those 400 people chew up 12million dollars a year and that is just at 30k/year salaries which is probably only about half. Then you have equipment costs, building space rental and server costs.

80mil wont cover the game for the current lifecyles of development. They just need more money either through sales or from investors and they really dont want investors.

But one thing you have to remember is that you can earn everything they sell in game. Even currently you can rent almost all of the ships with REC (in game currency) The few that you cant will be available in game to acquire through various means (like capturing a vanduul ship)

I agree though, this is a money grab. Their whole system is set up as a money grab but at the end of the day I am ok with that because I really want this game. Whether you are ok with that or not is entirely up to you and I have no right to tell you differently so complain away. smile

p.s. I have a friend who in college used to wake up every saturday morning and watch that Yu-gi-o cartoon (cartoon based on a collectable card game) then go down to the local book store where kids were playing the game. He would then trade the cards that were used in that day's episode for cards work 10-20 times the value of those common cards used in the cartoon. All the kids wanted to have the cards used in that day's episode. He would then sell the cards to collectors. He made a lot of money. They are pretty much doing the same in SC with these videos. LOOK A RETALIATOR! Retaliator now on sale!

Last edited by Master; 08/10/15 03:29 PM.
#4155853 - 08/10/15 03:52 PM Re: Official Retaliator Sale (RSI Website with LTI) [Re: Master]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Yeah, I agree with you.. also I am a grumpy #%&*$# today, not had a single beer....

Going to rectify that right now.

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 08/10/15 03:53 PM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.