cap of a snippet of undocumented code displayed
in a tool for making undocumented code parsing
tractable, including the local functions not yet parsed
Am I supposed to be dismayed by being shown what I
previously described? running this stuff is a skill,
you've got to have a certain level of smarts to do it,
and certainly hats off to the TF people who are prepared
to do it for fun in their spare time, but you will just
have to accept that it's not anyone's exclusive purview.
If only one in a million people could do it, (and by no
means suggesting that is the case here) that still leaves
7000 who can. Lots of them, of course, would never bother.
They are more interested in employing their talents for
other things that interest them more, such as probing the
mathematical nature of reality. On the other hand, there
are whole departments in some country's government sponsored
research establishments whose job is explicitly to parse
undocumented disassembled code. It's a thing that people
can do, and some choose to do it.

Now, there really are things that only a few people in the
world can, or could ever do. Unsurprisingly, their names
are well remembered - I've already mentioned one. Really,
truly, this work is not in that league - and don't get me
wrong (but your track record clearly indicates that you only
invariably will) I don't mean that it is utterly trivial,
but there are many levels of difficulty to things, and when
you start talking about "few people on the planet", that is
outright hyperbole for this work. I guess you'll just have
to take my word for it, and somehow I'm guessing that is not
likely to happen. Oh, well, whatever.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4155485 - 08/09/15 04:39 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

My attitude is perfectly fine. I'm sorry you get offended when asked to prove what you say. That's the beauty of backing up your words. You can either make a whole bunch of claims or actually substantiate them. That again is why I laid a large sum of money on the line with a very small task (5 simple lines) and instead of backing up those words, you choose to try and attack my character. I'm not surprised. It's a standard operating procedure for those without a leg to stand on. At least we all know you aren't one of those people with the skill set. Maybe one day right?

And of course there are plenty of amazing people on the planet that deal with code. And I think it says wonders when an individual can fix a whole bunch of it that a paid group of developers couldn't, especially in the manner it's done. Oh and your friends: please give them the same offer. I wonder if their excuses will be the same as yours. Maybe their friends know someone that could? Or maybe it's their friends of their friends? It could get interesting finally finding another person with the same amount of talent. Just realize claiming as such without backing it up is kinda pointless. smile

#4155540 - 08/09/15 07:34 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
The OP suggested it would be better to release a number of patches to keep interest up in the sim, instead of losing customers waiting for the release of one big patch. There is no doubt simmers could move on to other projects while TF finishes one big project, but in the end there is no doubt that if the patch is good, more will come back to the sim than left.

It should be patently obvious it would take more work to create and releasing a number of patches instead of one big patch. Most of us have no idea how much work that would require, and how many personal are available to do that work. Team Fusion would take into account "ALL" factors, and come to a conclusion that would work best for them.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4155740 - 08/10/15 12:25 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: Chivas]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted By: Chivas
The OP suggested it would be better to release a number of patches to keep interest up in the sim, instead of losing customers waiting for the release of one big patch.

TF is not losing customers. Customers pay for a good or service. TF is not getting paid.

#4155914 - 08/10/15 05:29 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: Chuck_Owl]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Chuck_Owl
The OP suggested it would be better to release a number of patches to keep interest up in the sim, instead of losing customers waiting for the release of one big patch.

TF is not losing customers. Customers pay for a good or service. TF is not getting paid.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4155967 - 08/10/15 07:19 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: Chivas]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted By: Chuck_Owl

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Believe it or not, some people still can't wrap their head around that simple notion.

#4155990 - 08/10/15 08:14 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Patches released little and often at regular intervals does keep people interest up.

On the other hand it's TF's ball, up to them what schedule they set.

#4156019 - 08/10/15 09:54 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Again chaps, I hope we can keep this civil and on topic. It's obviously a possibility this thread can and could become a flame war. Please let's not go there. It will only detract from the work we have and are doing.

As stated before, as a group of Flight Sim enthusiasts and part of the community TF are creating a vast patch. It will seriously be like having the original IL2 and getting the Pacific Fighters add-on. That was not released piece by piece until it was complete, it was released as a standalone product that people bought.

What you will get is new flyable aircraft, Ai aircraft, bug fixes, models (land, sea and air), new effects, DM and FM and much much more.......for FREE.

We are doing this in our own time, unpaid and apparently 'for fun and the benefit of the community'.

Please just understand, the date isn't debatable, it is set by our real lives and the constraints we have therein. If we were paid, had taken your money and we're dragging it out, I think it is fair to say you would have a right to be pissed off.

We aren't paid, we have lives and at the moment we are setting aside vast swathes of free time, family time, fun time, flying time to create this patch. Honestly we want it out but WE WANT IT RIGHT! Releasing it peacemeal will only slow the process down as outlined and this us time we honestly would rather spend completing and releasing the next patch.

So look, as I said before, this is the way it will play out. We aren't looking at releasing it bit by bit, it will be a huge all encompassing mod. It will be a huge step forward in the evolution of Cliffs and once done we will take a well earned rest.

If it was the right decision CloD will be at a point where it should be seen by other modding teams as the route ahead for their future investment of time and interest. It will be seen as a vindication of our decision and with all the tools in place TF WILL be able to produce more content at a much faster rate. Hopefully most of the original bugs will have been crushed and all that will be required is building new content, FM and DM for them (aircraft) and adding objects to the FMB. Also with the map tool ready, new theatres and maps and topography can be created, rextured and added equally fast. If it wasn't the right decision and interest fails, then we can call it a day knowing we have left CloD in a vastly superior state than when it was abandoned and we can move on with our lives.

As I said, time will tell, but please guys can we draw a line on this. 2016 will see the patch released, for free.

Cheers, MP

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
#4156054 - 08/10/15 11:56 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
Thanks for your post MP.

Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
#4156069 - 08/11/15 01:26 AM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Murph Offline
Murph  Offline

Aurora,CO,USA
Something to look forward to, for sure. Plus, think how much better the hardware will be for running it by then.

Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
#4156087 - 08/11/15 02:36 AM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mysticpuma2003
Again chaps, I hope we can keep this civil and on topic. It's obviously a possibility this thread can and could become a flame war. Please let's not go there. It will only detract from the work we have and are doing.

As stated before, as a group of Flight Sim enthusiasts and part of the community TF are creating a vast patch. It will seriously be like having the original IL2 and getting the Pacific Fighters add-on. That was not released piece by piece until it was complete, it was released as a standalone product that people bought.

What you will get is new flyable aircraft, Ai aircraft, bug fixes, models (land, sea and air), new effects, DM and FM and much much more.......for FREE.

We are doing this in our own time, unpaid and apparently 'for fun and the benefit of the community'.

Please just understand, the date isn't debatable, it is set by our real lives and the constraints we have therein. If we were paid, had taken your money and we're dragging it out, I think it is fair to say you would have a right to be pissed off.

We aren't paid, we have lives and at the moment we are setting aside vast swathes of free time, family time, fun time, flying time to create this patch. Honestly we want it out but WE WANT IT RIGHT! Releasing it peacemeal will only slow the process down as outlined and this us time we honestly would rather spend completing and releasing the next patch.

So look, as I said before, this is the way it will play out. We aren't looking at releasing it bit by bit, it will be a huge all encompassing mod. It will be a huge step forward in the evolution of Cliffs and once done we will take a well earned rest.

If it was the right decision CloD will be at a point where it should be seen by other modding teams as the route ahead for their future investment of time and interest. It will be seen as a vindication of our decision and with all the tools in place TF WILL be able to produce more content at a much faster rate. Hopefully most of the original bugs will have been crushed and all that will be required is building new content, FM and DM for them (aircraft) and adding objects to the FMB. Also with the map tool ready, new theatres and maps and topography can be created, rextured and added equally fast. If it wasn't the right decision and interest fails, then we can call it a day knowing we have left CloD in a vastly superior state than when it was abandoned and we can move on with our lives.

As I said, time will tell, but please guys can we draw a line on this. 2016 will see the patch released, for free.

Cheers, MP

Alright already!!! You and Bliss and TF Get Back To Work and quit spending precious Bloody time in this thread trying to convince us whiners that you all are right. Hurry up and prove it already! As Bliss says, "claiming as such without backing it up is kinda pointless." We want the Truth! So the sooner you produce the proof of the Truth of your wildly titillating tantalizations of said upcoming CLOD TF 5.0. , the better!!! Until such time you and all of TF will be held in Contempt of the Highest Courts of our minds eye of imagination!!! That, my Good Sir, is no Trivial thing to a bunch of Ravenous HardCore IL2 Successor Demanding Sim Maniacs!!! Plus, BOS, and I assume BOM suck so bad that we IL2 Faithful really need something worthy of our Loyalty. " No More Posting, WE NEED YOU NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!"

#4156097 - 08/11/15 02:57 AM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
Cheers gents, I know it can be tough to separate things at times, but in general, I really don't think anyone is upset or mad about it. Sure, we players certainly can get a bit dejected it won't be here sooner. But, if it were me, I'd take it as a compliment rather than a complaint. Folks really enjoy all the hard work you all do as TF and can't wait for more. But, I'm a bit of a silver lining in every cloud kinda guy.

Personally I'm happy as I made 2 suggestions, F4F and D.520, both of which will be coming, so you won't hear any complaints from me biggrin

#4156152 - 08/11/15 07:55 AM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: bisher]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: bisher

Yes Bliss

I need to step away from this thread as I'm feeling like a bit of a hater, when I'm actually a staunch supporter of this simulation(and Team Fusion). How the hell did that happen

Whatever dude, you have always been one of the nicest chaps here at SimHQ over many many years, don't let a bit of bs attitude get to ya mate smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4157088 - 08/13/15 02:49 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Our members make for a good community here at SimHQ, well most of the time smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.