Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4154210 - 08/05/15 05:19 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Gents, the reasons have been explained, the approximate date announced, we are working on it, it will happen and what will be, will be. Cheers, MP

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4154243 - 08/05/15 06:50 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted By: Mysticpuma2003
Gents, the reasons have been explained, the approximate date announced, we are working on it, it will happen and what will be, will be. Cheers, MP

Sincerely, I did not expect anything more. However, life is short, is ongoing, so take what is, where is, as is:-).

#4154358 - 08/05/15 11:56 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
See what communication does? Any communication?

A lot of back and forth in this thread, but I now understand Team Fusion and the year wait it may take. Good on ya fellas!
I'll gladly wait for your enhancements to CLoD. Folks like you AND HeinKill makes these sims finally fun!

Folks working at DCS should read this thread....

#4154613 - 08/06/15 06:28 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Ricob Offline
Ricob  Offline

I am into CLoD and the work TF does for the long run. I will wake up some morning, at some point in time in the future, and be very pleased and excited to see another addition to the fine work they have already done.

#4154660 - 08/06/15 09:50 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Originally Posted By: HeinKill

Interesting, so while I thought the team was saying they are choosing not to release stuff, the actuality is that there is nothing ready or able to be released? That is completely different. In that case it makes sense.

I've already explained the reasons, none of which said anything about nothing being ready to be released. Re-read it a couple times. I went in depth.

Quote:
Actually, yes I do. Intimately well thanks. Been there, done it over several years, got the t-shirt. Hence the (I hope) very respectful tone in my posts.

H

No, I'd say you don't. Because as I explained earlier, there is only a few people on the planet that could do what is being done in TF. If you think you are one of them, or you think you worked with some that could, by all means, lets see you/them try.

Simply modding another game has absolutely no reference at all to the way TF has to work to get things done. That is why there are 1000's of user made mods that effect core gameplay for IL2 and thousands of other titles out there. But there is only 1 mod that does that for IL2COD. It's not even comparable on any level at all.

#4154680 - 08/06/15 11:03 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Team Fusions strategy is just fine, any members that COD might lose to BOS, and DCS will quickly come back if update 5.0 is worth its salt. All else being equal, A Med map will attract more interest than a small DCS Normandy map, or BOS Stalingrad/Moscow map.

That said, DCS is setting itself up to be the eventual winner, "IF" the first versions of Virtual Reality headsets/systems can run complex combat flight sims effectively. VR will eventually be the way most people will use combat flight sims, all the rest will just have very small communities of diehard fans and modders.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4154698 - 08/07/15 01:30 AM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Did they ever fix the AI in CoD? Last time I tried the team fusion mod the AI was pretty bad.

#4154722 - 08/07/15 03:21 AM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
Originally Posted By: Mr_Blastman
Did they ever fix the AI in CoD? Last time I tried the team fusion mod the AI was pretty bad.

Still not the best, for single players.

Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
#4154772 - 08/07/15 10:17 AM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
PV1 Offline
sometime mudslinger
PV1  Offline
sometime mudslinger

Ladner, Wet Coast, Canada
Originally Posted By: ATAG_Bliss

Interesting, so while I thought the team was saying they are choosing not to release stuff, the actuality is that there is nothing ready or able to be released? That is completely different. In that case it makes sense.

I've already explained the reasons, none of which said anything about nothing being ready to be released. Re-read it a couple times. I went in depth.

Quote:
Actually, yes I do. Intimately well thanks. Been there, done it over several years, got the t-shirt. Hence the (I hope) very respectful tone in my posts.

H

No, I'd say you don't. Because as I explained earlier, there is only a few people on the planet that could do what is being done in TF. If you think you are one of them, or you think you worked with some that could, by all means, lets see you/them try.

Simply modding another game has absolutely no reference at all to the way TF has to work to get things done. That is why there are 1000's of user made mods that effect core gameplay for IL2 and thousands of other titles out there. But there is only 1 mod that does that for IL2COD. It's not even comparable on any level at all.

Disassembling and parsing someone else's undocumented
code is a challenge, especially when there's a lot
of it, and editing the subsequent result is also
a bit of work; however, if by "only a few people"
you mean only a few tens of thousands, I don't
think I would argue with you. Doing it for fun
might cut the number down slightly; having the time
to do it for fun would be a bigger cut. But, it's
not conceptually difficult, just an immense amount
of bookkeeeping. You don't have to be a Ramanujan
to do it. You just have to have a good memory, plus
the motivation, persistence, lots of patience, huge
amounts of free time, and some fluency with the tools
which make it tractable.

#4154804 - 08/07/15 12:40 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.
Heinkill, come on, TF saved it, you have contributed stuff for it and the rest of us wait with varying degrees of impatience.

Comparing their work and release schedule to that ship is a bit over the top, eh?

Put down the ax.

#4154805 - 08/07/15 12:41 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: PV1]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: PV1

which make it tractable.

Nice entry PV1

#4154823 - 08/07/15 01:17 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
lol better HeinKill biggrin

#4154873 - 08/07/15 02:50 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: PV1]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Originally Posted By: PV1
which make it tractable.

It's amazing how many people posting here keep misreading what I have said. When I mean a few people on the planet I mean just that. This isn't undocumented code. This is millions of 0's and 1's of obfuscated machine code. If you or anyone else you think can decipher that, let alone know the aeronautical engineering, calculus, and enough about code/programming to, on top of all that, actually fix said code / find the problems that a paid dev team could not, then by all means show an example.

It's real easy to make a forum post and say something is easy to do without a single shred of evidence to support your claim. Let me see you decipher (not fix) 5 lines of obfuscated machine code in IL2COD that deals in exhaust pressure. According to you and your vast programming knowledge, it's easy. Well by all means, put your money where your mouth is. I'll be waiting. Just 5 lines. And to sweeten the deal, I'll give you a grand if you can do it. Just so you have no excuses about your time and money.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say hell will freeze over before you can come up with what I ask for. smile

#4154876 - 08/07/15 02:55 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Well said, Sir.

So we end up with 'not that we can't release new content yet, but we won't release it'.

And when it is eventually released, I sincerely hope there is still someone around still flying CoD to enjoy it.

Sigh.

Sigh is right. I've explained it already in a very long post. I wish you would read it just one time so it sinks in. It's released in a certain way because (please read this part) IT HAS TO BE. I put it in CAPS this time just for you.

But by all means, if you are wanting it sooner, please create your own patch and get it out there. I'm sure with the type of knowledge you have, even having the T-shirt, you should be able to do it all in very short order. Why wait for TF?

#4154878 - 08/07/15 02:58 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: Sunchaser]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sunchaser
Heinkill, come on, TF saved it, you have contributed stuff for it and the rest of us wait with varying degrees of impatience.

Comparing their work and release schedule to that ship is a bit over the top, eh?

Put down the ax.

Thank you. I'm glad there's at least one person here that doesn't take it all for granted. cheers

#4154887 - 08/07/15 03:18 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
From this conversation Bliss you've concluded that only one person appreciates what TF has done?

Really?

We are a delicate lot, I'm a fringe flight simmer, was once an avid flight simmer. All this poppycock around developers delicate feelings might just be enough for me to fly my last flight into the sunset. And I'm okay with that

smile

#4154893 - 08/07/15 03:42 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: bisher]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Originally Posted By: bisher
From this conversation Bliss you've concluded that only one person appreciates what TF has done?

Really?

We are a delicate lot, I'm a fringe flight simmer, was once an avid flight simmer. All this poppycock around developers delicate feelings might just be enough for me to fly my last flight into the sunset. And I'm okay with that

smile

Look at your responses to this thread and tell me what I'm supposed to think? I don't see any delicate feelings. I come with reality. There are plenty of people who have done great things for the betterment of others.

If you want to leave because there are other people out there that call people out on their BS and misconceptions, by all means, go right ahead. But don't be surprised when those same people that are actually doing free work for the betterment of everyone else decide to do the same thing when all they see is people thinking they know better than the group of people who are actually doing the work.

Do you honestly think that TF didn't discuss how updates, releases, and their time frame need to be released? Do you really think anything HK said hasn't been discussed internally ad nauseam? And do you think this discussion has helped TF in anyway? If you feel like beating your chest, at least try to be productive about it. It's easy to post .gifs, meme's, and be generally unpleasant towards others.

Trust me, the main programmer saw this thread and threw his hands up in the air, asking why he should even bother. If that's what you want, by all means, keep questioning everything and be thankful when that reality comes to fruition.

#4154897 - 08/07/15 03:54 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Oh there will be people playing 5.0 when it's up for sure. Folks like me, for example. I fly warbirds in DCS, WWII content is coming along nicely, but the pace is damn slow, I don't expect Normandy map before 2017. I never tried BoS and don't plan to, because I have sub-zero interest in Eastern Front. I don't even fly CloD all that often, 'cause my interest in early Hurris, Spits and 109s is marginal at best.

But I'd give my left nut to have a flyable Beaufighter on any "modern" platform, same for any Allison-powered Warhawk.

So whenever 5.0 comes, 2016 or 2017, doesn't matter, I'll be there to get it immediately and make a donation, if possible.

#4154912 - 08/07/15 04:42 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Fully respect your right to your opinions Bliss.

H

Sorry, I haven't said any opinions here. It's all fact and easily substantiated.

#4154925 - 08/07/15 05:31 PM Re: An open letter to Team Fusion [Re: HeinKill]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

In that case I respect your right to believe so!

H

And I respect your right to believe whatever you want. It still doesn't make what you believe being anywhere near reality. I've said nothing but facts. If you believe something completely different having absolutely no knowledge of the inner workings of the team, so be it. It's obvious you're not going to change your mind even when irrefutable evidence by many people who do have inner working knowledge of the team has already been posted here.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.