Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#4146976 - 07/15/15 05:34 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  

Jedi Master and others -Why you say who can write and what not?What you care?I constantly tell you what you can write?
#%&*$# from others,and let people talk. you do not like someone comments - ignore it.let's finish this stupid discussion ffs.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4146983 - 07/15/15 06:01 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
griping is an integral part of the fun of flight sims, without it, half of the fun goes away biggrin

#4147011 - 07/15/15 07:39 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

If we were to take stock of all the controversial and/or negative posts in the DCS section, I'll bet that only a small fraction of them would be actual complaints, criticisms or negative statements twords DCSW, and the remaining majority would be people telling the critics to STFU, or find their own website to complain on, or calling SimHQ a cesspool of negativity, demanding the mods silence anyone who criticizes ED/DCS etc etc and the "complainers" in turn arguing for thier right to complain. If anyone's turning these boards into a cesspool, it's the "Stop saying bad things about my video game" crowd - i.e. those who just can't handle a negative statement being made about their favorite video game and insist on turning threads into a flame war whenever someone says something bad about ED/DCS.

#4147015 - 07/15/15 07:50 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Good old DCS forums.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4147017 - 07/15/15 07:53 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: Rakowar
If we were to take stock of all the controversial and/or negative posts in the DCS section, I'll bet that only a small fraction of them would be actual complaints, criticisms or negative statements twords DCSW, and the remaining majority would be people telling the critics to STFU, or find their own website to complain on, or calling SimHQ a cesspool of negativity, demanding the mods silence anyone who criticizes ED/DCS etc etc and the "complainers" in turn arguing for thier right to complain. If anyone's turning these boards into a cesspool, it's the "Stop saying bad things about my video game" crowd - i.e. those who just can't handle a negative statement being made about their favorite video game and insist on turning threads into a flame war whenever someone says something bad about ED/DCS.

excellent post smile

by the way - you can notice how much better this forum is, now that we don´t have the DCS-officialforummoderators here anymore ? people can actually disagree with each other without having the thread closed.

Quote:
or find their own website to complain on

can you imagine how I feel, being unable to actually do that biggrin

#4147026 - 07/15/15 08:04 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: ]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: XIII
Jedi Master and others -Why you say who can write and what not?What you care?I constantly tell you what you can write?
#%&*$# from others,and let people talk. you do not like someone comments - ignore it.let's finish this stupid discussion ffs.

So what's your point? You just did the very thing you say you're blaming me for?

Congrats, here's your hypocrite medal. wreath

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4147028 - 07/15/15 08:07 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
OK - before I go, this conversation needs this to improve its quality :

#4147033 - 07/15/15 08:14 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  

My point?-leave me alone, leave Tom, leave Rakowar, Jonny and all other who here write. Who are you to tell what I can write?What's your right for that , you and the others?I just want read posts here, and I want sometimes write my opinion.
It's true here the atmosphere is not good, but thank for this ed, others and not only us.

#4147035 - 07/15/15 08:15 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: Rakowar]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Quote:
There is a difference between making a point and belaboring it, yet it seems like many people are incapable of making that distinction.

So, there's a fixed number of times someone's allowed to voice a certain opinion? For future reference, what is that number and who sets it?

The number is ONE and it was set by common sense.

As well, does this law also apply to similar sentiments but in reference to different events? I.E. if I express disappointment at an announcement of a delay, and then 3 month later a further delay is announced, am I allowed to be disappointed at the subsequent delay? Or am I only allowed to be disappointed by the first delay? Or is there a certain number of delays I'm allowed to be disappointed in before I'm not allowed to be disappointed anymore?

Considering a complaint following another complaint by 3 months is not belaboring, but following a complaint with another identical one in 3 POSTS is, this violates the rule of common sense.

If you don't mind, could you point out where this formula is outlined in the forum rules? I'm having a hard time finding it. Cheers.

Again, it's called common sense, and if you don't see it written down, it's because it's implied. I didn't see a rule prohibiting the use of common sense, but apparently many have inferred its existence erroneously.
If you feel that if there's no law banning from you doing something that it is not only your right but your prerogative to do it, even if it makes you look like an ass, like standing in your yard and shrieking the lyrics to My Heart Will Go On in a tacky Japanese accent continuously while the sun is up, then I guess there's no reasoning with you.

Quote:
Quote:
You want a place where you can be negative all the time and any positive posts are banned?
Start your own and have at it, spew away.

Actually, we've already got a forum where we can speak freely. It's called SimHQ.

(Edit: Well, sort of "freely". We do still have the ED secret police lurking here, and their followers crusading to silence any/all criticism. Thankfully the SimHQ staff are on the side of freedom of expression)

There's speaking freely, then there's verbal diarrhea.

However, to illustrate my point, I will now daily repost my entire post that I just wrote, in full, in every thread in the DCS forum multiple time per day per thread. Since, according to you, I'm free to say whatever I want as many times as I want without having to worry about whether it makes sense, whether or not it would annoy others, whether or not there's a snowflake's chance in hell of it convincing people of anything at all other than that I've a single-minded focus on repeating my point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, I see no reason whatsoever not to.

I mean, there's no rule against it, even though it's extremely stupid, makes me look like a miserable ass, and accomplishes nothing other than to make people turn AGAINST my point, so per you LET'S DO IT!

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4147038 - 07/15/15 08:23 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: ]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: XIII
My point?-leave me alone, leave Tom, leave Rakowar, Jonny and all other who here write. Who are you to tell what I can write?What's your right for that , you and the others?I just want read posts here, and I want sometimes write my opinion.
It's true here the atmosphere is not good, but thank for this ed, others and not only us.

See, the problem is my post wasn't directed at you specifically, but for some bizarre reason you think it was. Feeling guilty?

To be clear--it's ok for you to post as many complaints as you want as many times as you want about DCS or ED or whatever, even if it's say 4 times per thread in every thread, but I'm not allowed to post a single complaint about you making too many complaints?

Here, have TWO hypocrite medals:

wreath wreath

The Jedi Master

#4147042 - 07/15/15 08:31 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Force10 Online zombie
I'm just a
Force10  Online Zombie
I'm just a

CA
Enough already.

Every thread that has negative opinions doesn't have to devolve into what opinions are the correct ones to post.

Everyone has the right to post an opinion that doesn't violate the rules...period.

You all know the rules...why do we have to go down this path constantly?

I'm closing this thread for now so everyone can settle down for a bit.

When I re-open it...let's keep the conversation on topic.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4147320 - 07/16/15 03:55 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Force10 Online zombie
I'm just a
Force10  Online Zombie
I'm just a

CA
Thread re-opened:

If anyone has an opinion on the original topic...feel free.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4147370 - 07/16/15 05:40 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
MigBuster Offline
MigBuster  Offline

UK
The video does look impressive and it is promising from the commentary that some of the issues have been looked at such as the visibility of aircraft and the gun effect fps.

Should be a quality product - personally looking forward to getting the Spitfire IX.

'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
#4147371 - 07/16/15 05:41 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Would like a side by side comparison of the current and future visibility.

#4147373 - 07/16/15 05:49 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: scrim]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: scrim
Would like a side by side comparison of the current and future visibility.

I'm especially curious how the appearance changes in relation to range, how different it is from now. How gradual is it? Is it a pop in or does it start as a dot and subtly change into the silhouette of the plane before finally become the object itself.

Off to greener pastures
#4147399 - 07/16/15 07:41 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

In Falcon "smart scaling" would scale the model size based on range. The fun thing is that airplanes would smart scale but airbases wouldn't so F-15s sitting on the runway were twice as wide as the runway. This was only really noticeable at long ranges and low FOVs (zoomed in).

I hope ED's smart scaling is a function of range AND zoom so that the maximum scale is at high FOV values and long ranges instead of just at long ranges. As range decreases or FOV decreases the scale should smoothly return to 1:1.

#4147417 - 07/16/15 08:32 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: beagleboy03]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

This is not a 'smart scaling' feature. It's an enhanced visibility feature. No scaling.

--
44th VFW
#4147446 - 07/16/15 10:38 PM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: Revelation78]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Oh boy, a clarification.

Originally Posted By: Revelation78
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
[quote=Revelation78][quote=Johnny_Redd]
Let me quote the post you quoted but failed to comprehend in your eagerness to mash away at your keyboard
"..the after kickstarter revision"
Those were made by ed. Let's forget about the FACT that ed were a partner in the kickstarter for a moment and go with your train of thought...
Ed picked up the pieces and did what? Finished 2 half finished aircraft and released them. Where is everything else? Everything else has been relegated behind Nevada, hormuz, the f18 and everything else that they have on their plate. I don't expect to see the completion of all that ed has promised in regards to "fulfilling" the kickstarter untill 2017 at the earliest. I would like to be proven wrong but with their track record of delays I doubt I will be.

Yes, hold ED accountable for unrealistic timelines given by the original manager that left the project to die? ED wasn't a partner until the project was going to fail, let's not have facts get in the way though...

DCS WW2 was brought on AFTER those other projects were already in the pipeline. So ED should have stopped all other development to get you your planes faster?

How about some facts summed up nicely:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-...tml#post2021191

For the second time, revelation, I was talking about the revisions made by ED after they took full control of DCSWW2.
How about some facts summed up nicely,
This is on the official ED forums posted by wags himself so... you know I do hold ED accountable for their own unrealistic timeline.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125454
Here are the points that I think you should read again and again before posting anymore. Keep in mind that this is from June of last year, 2014.

"As a basic outline, here are our current development intentions:

August 2014 – Fw 190 D-9 Dora
October 2014 - BF-109K
December 2014- Spitfire IX
March 2015 - P-47D-30
May 2015 - Normandy Map with period AI units"

RRG may have been unrealistic in their timeline of one year to compleation of the project, everybody agrees with that. BUT, and heres the funny part, ED seemed to think they could have done it themselves in one year, AFTER taking full control of all the assets which included 2 half finished aircraft. LMFAO

Your second point is answered with this part of wags post

"Because there are some shared resources between projects (like cockpit systems programming), there will be some impact to our other projects. However, because much of the former RRG team is now employed by Eagle Dynamics, the impact on other Eagle projects will be minimal."

I also find this part really interesting "The vast majority of funds needed to finance this project have and will continue to come from Eagle Dynamics (not Kickstarter)" kind of strange to be funding a project while not being a partner don't you think?

I do hope that has cleared my original post up for you revelation, I wouldnt want the Jedi Master getting his panties in a bunch if I have to post, yet again, to make it even clearer. Honestly I don't know if I could make it any more clearer than that, so fingers crossed you finaly understand.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 07/19/15 02:32 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4147478 - 07/17/15 12:22 AM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: GrayGhost]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Originally Posted By: GrayGhost
This is not a 'smart scaling' feature. It's an enhanced visibility feature. No scaling.

From what I understood, it puts a one pixel "icon" over where the plane/anything is supposed to be, within supposed visual range of course. Enhanced option could make it a bit bigger than 1 pixel?

Last edited by Remon; 07/17/15 12:23 AM.
#4147553 - 07/17/15 03:38 AM Re: DCS World 2 Preview - WW2 Air Combat [Re: GrayGhost]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Originally Posted By: GrayGhost

Oh so it's just a label?

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.