Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4140283 - 06/27/15 06:50 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com *** [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

Quote:
Permanently ban, IP Ban are only given out by Eagle Dynamics staff.

So much for "Make a separation between the moderators and those who make the sim".

Quote:
-Discussion of administrative actions against forum members
-discussion of other flight simulation games
-Using other social media to spread malicious information regarding Eagle Dynamics
-Product feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending

Pretty much just confirms what we've been saying all along.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4140284 - 06/27/15 06:51 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Quote:
That said, lockonfiles.com is still censored both in regular text and hyperlinks, so they may not have been reading this post (or at least the first page) after all...

did you expect them to change that ???

wink

I was hoping they would, as I like to provide all links for my skins on the ED forums. FWIW, your hyperlink works fine on the actual ED user files site, so I figured the censoring was the act of one petty mod abusing his power. Hopefully this gets fixed; censoring your site isn't just an insult to you, but to everybody who contributes to your site as well.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4140285 - 06/27/15 06:53 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Paradaz]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Edge 2 has just been delayed again as all resources are now focused on the ED Forum warning system and warning logging.

See? The delays really are the community's fault!

#4140290 - 06/27/15 07:11 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: HomeFries]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: HomeFries
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Quote:
That said, lockonfiles.com is still censored both in regular text and hyperlinks, so they may not have been reading this post (or at least the first page) after all...

did you expect them to change that ???

wink

I was hoping they would, as I like to provide all links for my skins on the ED forums. FWIW, your hyperlink works fine on the actual ED user files site, so I figured the censoring was the act of one petty mod abusing his power. Hopefully this gets fixed; censoring your site isn't just an insult to you, but to everybody who contributes to your site as well.

whomever did that - did not think it thru.

And what is worse, they are trying to sideline a website that does nothing else than promote their product, anyone that goes there besides finding mods, cannot find but positive things said about DCSW , that just goes to prove that something is definitively wrong with them.

#4140291 - 06/27/15 07:16 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Rakowar]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Quote:

Isn't it fun how the only people to receive money are shielded from this, but heaping abuse of the same sort on the customers is perfectly acceptable? Most mods over there are so petty (and have repeatedly demonstrated this by virtue of how they act over here) that I'm surprised that they weren't banned within a week of registering...

#4140292 - 06/27/15 07:20 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

Quote:
And what is worse, they are trying to sideline a website that does nothing else than promote their product, anyone that goes there besides finding mods, cannot find but positive things said about DCSW , that just goes to prove that something is definitively wrong with them.

Pure spite. That's the only explanation.

#4140293 - 06/27/15 07:20 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
LoF censoring is not related to recent post-stream clusterf..ck though. When did it start happening anyway? I started playing DCSW last summer, discovered LoF site not long after that (searching for best custom skins for P-51, obviously biggrin ) and some iffy things were happening with the links and the site name already by then.

#4140294 - 06/27/15 07:23 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: scrim]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: scrim
Quote:

Isn't it fun how the only people to receive money are shielded from this, but heaping abuse of the same sort on the customers is perfectly acceptable? Most mods over there are so petty (and have repeatedly demonstrated this by virtue of how they act over here) that I'm surprised that they weren't banned within a week of registering...

This isn't a means of saying that negative feedback about a product is an offense. Rather, it's clarifying that talking about the product does not excuse one from the regular forum rules of conduct (i.e. being abusive, insulting, or condescending to another forum member).

If somebody gets banned for making a constructive criticism of the product, then we'll have something to talk about.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4140296 - 06/27/15 07:24 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Art_J]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Quote:

Product feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending = any opinion the developer does not like posted in any place

Originally Posted By: Art_J
LoF censoring is not related to recent post-stream clusterf..ck though. When did it start happening anyway? I started playing DCSW last summer, discovered LoF site not long after that (searching for best custom skins for P-51, obviously biggrin ) and some iffy things were happening with the links and the site name already by then.

this is going on since February 2015

Originally Posted By: Rakowar
Quote:

Pure spite. That's the only explanation.

my opinion as well.

#4140297 - 06/27/15 07:26 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Art_J]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA

I was trying to remember when I first saw it happen, but pretty sure it was a while ago when trying to get Ricardo's Horse of War pit.

#4140308 - 06/27/15 08:48 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: HomeFries]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Quote:

This isn't a means of saying that negative feedback about a product is an offense. Rather, it's clarifying that talking about the product does not excuse one from the regular forum rules of conduct (i.e. being abusive, insulting, or condescending to another forum member).

If somebody gets banned for making a constructive criticism of the product, then we'll have something to talk about.

This is really easy. I bake you a cake. You say "hmm too much sugar." I kick you in the shin. Then you say "too much flour." I kick you in the shin. Then you say "one more egg would be better." I kick you in the shin. Then you yell

YOUR CAKE SUCKS AND WHY ARE YOU KICKING ME IN THE F&%^$( SHIN!?!

Then I say, "Oh, you are violent and mean and a danger so you are banned." If only you could provide constructive polite criticism instead. This is how you do it to prod someone you don't agree with to making a mistake. You remove them really because you don't like them but you need to abuse them enough so you can point to a different event.

#4140311 - 06/27/15 09:05 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Frederf]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: EjectEject

I was trying to remember when I first saw it happen, but pretty sure it was a while ago when trying to get Ricardo's Horse of War pit.

one wonders what they wanted to achieve by doing it.

Originally Posted By: Frederf

This is really easy. I bake you a cake. You say "hmm too much sugar." I kick you in the shin. Then you say "too much flour." I kick you in the shin. Then you say "one more egg would be better." I kick you in the shin. Then you yell

YOUR CAKE SUCKS AND WHY ARE YOU KICKING ME IN THE F&%^$( SHIN!?!

Then I say, "Oh, you are violent and mean and a danger so you are banned." If only you could provide constructive polite criticism instead. This is how you do it to prod someone you don't agree with to making a mistake. You remove them really because you don't like them but you need to abuse them enough so you can point to a different event.

people are particularly sensitive about being banned from a developer website - the fact that they indulge into doing it so often tells a lot about what kind of attitude they have towards their costumers.

#4140325 - 06/27/15 10:01 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: FlashBurn]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted By: FlashBurn

I know I stopped buying their crap. Its generally GOOD crap, but can not stomach their attitude. Someone really is asleep at the wheel over there on the effects this sort of insanely bad business practice. To bad... Maybe a new niche in the market in a few years as this PR nightmare is only going to get worse with time.

Maybe Paul Allen with his flying heritage museum might want to run over TFC and ED in the near future. Muahhaha. Ya, bad investment. Or would it be? A completely US run sim company making well, sims... HMMMMMM no Russians... HMMMm maybe a really good idea if going into serious games with an entertainment arm.

I don't think that could happen anytime soon, as long as You can hire programmers on the eastern side of the ex- Tron Curtain, who can do the same job as US ones, equally well, but for fraction of the price. It seems the market is OK with Eastern devs taking care of obscure niches of gaming industry (like ours) and being quite good at it (I'm not complaining, 'cause it means more jobs where I live wink ). Attitude of Russian devs (and/or businessmen) is problematic though, and not solvable one, because it's more of a matter of mentality, which, I can assure You, is not likely to change. I think we're stuck with current situation for years to come (Prepar3D doesn't count as an exception, 'cause it doesn't quite fall into a typical gaming entertainment category).

#4140437 - 06/28/15 10:37 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Hellfire257 Offline
Hellfire257  Offline

"• Using other social media to spread malicious information regarding Eagle Dynamics"

That's what gets me. I can't see how anybody can think that's okay. Hell, if somebody posted a bad review somewhere that ED didn't approve of, then the ban hammer might make an appearance. Basically, if you want to have a #%&*$# and moan about ED, use an alternate name. Unless they try and trace you of course...

#4140445 - 06/28/15 12:04 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Quote:
"• Using other social media to spread malicious information regarding Eagle Dynamics"

never quite understood this - what kind of "malicious information" there is to spread ?

looks more like "if you post an opinion that we don´t like, and if you have an account in our own forums, we will ban you"

which sort of voids the whole purpose of a developer having a forum, which is not to control it or the community - but to provide support to their products.

#4140510 - 06/28/15 04:16 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Hellfire257]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Quote:

This one has been explained before as a catch all to ban people acting in bad faith. The key word here is malicious (not critical). It would be like me posting that DCS World contains a virus (when I knew that it wasn't the case), or that ED took my credit card and went on a shopping spree, then Matt Wagner came by my house and shot my dog.

The example is hyperbole, but that's the kind of thing that they're trying to cover. They reserve the right to ban the bad apples. I'm sure that this was the rationale used to ban IronMike, though it's also apparent that they overstepped because he wasn't acting malicious in posting his youtube video.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4140528 - 06/28/15 05:17 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

I got banned for saying that RRG deserved some credit for the 109 when everybody was patting ED on the back. Well... I got warning for that, which I took to a private conversation with the mod, a star wars fan, who then took the private conversation and showed it to the other mods and owners. I got banned for the private conversation.
Certain mods with throw snarky comments at members with no ramifications. They can be downright insulting to customers without breaking any rules. The forum rules need to apply to the mods as well as the customers

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4140537 - 06/28/15 06:02 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4140545 - 06/28/15 06:40 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: HomeFries]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Quote:

This one has been explained before as a catch all to ban people acting in bad faith. The key word here is malicious (not critical). It would be like me posting that DCS World contains a virus (when I knew that it wasn't the case), or that ED took my credit card and went on a shopping spree, then Matt Wagner came by my house and shot my dog.

The example is hyperbole, but that's the kind of thing that they're trying to cover. They reserve the right to ban the bad apples. I'm sure that this was the rationale used to ban IronMike, though it's also apparent that they overstepped because he wasn't acting malicious in posting his youtube video.

it is IMO just a cover to allow them to flaunt their own rules and do as they please.

#4140554 - 06/28/15 07:18 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: KraziKanuK

Exactly. One doesn't need to dig too deep on those forums to see stuff like that from him. The guy is rude and arrogant in his status over there.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 06/28/15 07:19 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.