Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4140064 - 06/27/15 12:02 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com *** [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
104th_IronMike Offline
104th_IronMike  Offline

Austria
Thanks again guys for your kind words.

Yes the registration is old, since we organizied fly-ins together with SimHQ back then. So there was plenty of collaboration, just not on the forums.

I'll be happy to share comedy with you guys - well, maybe not on DCS anymore, lol.

And again, don't feel too bad about them, I understand them, and even after all these years of flight simming, I am still having a blast.

And as some of my forespeakers said: simming is waiting a lot, but it is worth it, there are many great things coming, EDGE, nevada, hormuz, f-18, f-14 (hell, yeah!) and so on.

So, there is a lot to be positive about. :-)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4140067 - 06/27/15 12:06 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: 104th_IronMike]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted By: 104th_IronMike

Yes the registration is old, since we organizied fly-ins together with SimHQ back then. So there was plenty of collaboration, just not on the forums.

I'll be happy to share comedy with you guys - well, maybe not on DCS anymore, lol.

And again, don't feel too bad about them, I understand them, and even after all these years of flight simming, I am still having a blast.

And as some of my forespeakers said: simming is waiting a lot, but it is worth it, there are many great things coming, EDGE, nevada, hormuz, f-18, f-14 (hell, yeah!) and so on.

In fact, we all can't deny that this game has a lot of bugs but i believe that most are due to the fact that they are using most of their resources on the EDGE. I believe that once EDGE is out we should see a consistent bug fixes, surely it will take time but i really believe that they will all be sorted out.
We just have to hope that we see EDGE ASAP and all bugs related to EDGE itself to be sorted out ASAP too,

#4140069 - 06/27/15 12:08 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: 104th_IronMike]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

More simmers- strike that, more PEOPLE- should think along those lines. Bravo.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4140108 - 06/27/15 02:10 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
originally - that is how I felt, did not take those people seriously and tried to keep them separate from the flight sim we all enjoy so much.

lately, I came to the conclusion that I under-estimated them.

they really mean to offend you personally and to drive away people that they don´t like because they don´t toe to the line.

above all - what defines them is they utter lack of any sense of humor and their complete lack of respect towards their costumers and their costumers opinions.

#4140113 - 06/27/15 02:53 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Sound argument, which is why I'm reinstalling, I don't like them for sure, but do like the sim, so well said Tom_Weiss.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4140116 - 06/27/15 03:05 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
So hmm, ya? How many people have NOT been banned off that joke of a forum? Iron Mike! Welcome to the legion of the banned! Its not so bad either.

I know I stopped buying their crap. Its generally GOOD crap, but can not stomach their attitude. Someone really is asleep at the wheel over there on the effects this sort of insanely bad business practice. To bad... Maybe a new niche in the market in a few years as this PR nightmare is only going to get worse with time.

Maybe Paul Allen with his flying heritage museum might want to run over TFC and ED in the near future. Muahhaha. Ya, bad investment. Or would it be? A completely US run sim company making well, sims... HMMMMMM no Russians... HMMMm maybe a really good idea if going into serious games with an entertainment arm.

#4140187 - 06/27/15 11:58 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: EricJ]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: EricJ
Sound argument, which is why I'm reinstalling, I don't like them for sure, but do like the sim, so well said Tom_Weiss.

we have to separate the awful people connected with that forum from those that make the flight sim.

besides, the idea behind banning people is to offend you and drive you away from the community thus silencing your voice.

#4140191 - 06/27/15 12:12 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
104th_IronMike Offline
104th_IronMike  Offline

Austria
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
Originally Posted By: EricJ

we have to separate the awful people connected with that forum from those that make the flight sim.

besides, the idea behind banning people is to offend you and drive you away from the community thus silencing your voice.

consider having a baby, that, no matter how it looks, is beautiful to you, and than someone comes along and laughs about it. wouldn't you drive him away, too?

I think they put way more love into this than we consider, it's not like this is the super-duper cash cow, and yes, it is a business, but also work of joy and dedication. and from that perspective I feel so much, why I did hurt them, and why their reaction is, like it is.

agin, to me 100% fair. And I'll stay their fan to the end of they day, because no other game provided me with nearly the same amount of wonderful hours spent on flying. No one even came close.

So, if you stick with me, no matter the hard feelings, give them a chance, and give the great community a chance.

#4140193 - 06/27/15 12:21 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Quote:
consider having a baby, that, no matter how it looks, is beautiful to you, and than someone comes along and laughs about it. wouldn't you drive him away, too?

unfortunately - that is not the problem, they are not defending their flight sim as much as showing their intolerance towards criticism of any sort.

and they do it because they like to ban people - gives them a sense of power over their forum community.

then they hide their tracks by editing out or deleting threads.

besides, there is no love for their work in censoring links to Lockonfiles and banning me from the DCS Steam forum.

#4140202 - 06/27/15 01:07 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
104th_IronMike Offline
104th_IronMike  Offline

Austria
yeah, I think like you mentioned above - make a seperation between how moderators behave (and not all of them are the same there as well) and those who make the sim.

whatever their reasons are and how unfortunate it seems, I think we all can agree that we won't change that. it's their house, their rules. I don't want that to stop me from enjoying the sim. but I feel you, too, of course.

#4140204 - 06/27/15 01:08 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: 104th_IronMike]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Well, that was a fairly disturbing comparison seeing as how ED is a company selling a product. Is selling people not outlawed? biggrin

#4140209 - 06/27/15 01:31 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: scrim]  
104th_IronMike Offline
104th_IronMike  Offline

Austria
Originally Posted By: scrim

Well, that was a fairly disturbing comparison seeing as how ED is a company selling a product. Is selling people not outlawed? biggrin

awww, duuude, you totally didn't get the metaphoaaa, duh!

(JK) winkngrin

#4140215 - 06/27/15 02:01 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: 104th_IronMike]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
yeah, I think like you mentioned above - make a seperation between how moderators behave (and not all of them are the same there as well) and those who make the sim.

whatever their reasons are and how unfortunate it seems, I think we all can agree that we won't change that. it's their house, their rules. I don't want that to stop me from enjoying the sim. but I feel you, too, of course.

I've known them for these past 11 years - and it won't change, if anything it is getting worse.

Something I came to realize only recently, is that there is almost no flight sim website really friendly towards them, they managed to alienate all of them at some point.

Most do as I do - enjoy the product and try to ignore the rest...

#4140250 - 06/27/15 04:13 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Someone must have been reading this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144680

#4140257 - 06/27/15 04:44 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  

Rotfl total paranoia.

#4140260 - 06/27/15 04:51 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Oh dear....They just can't see how keeping things simple actually helps and have now moved onto a 5-tier points system with a whole load of rules and regulations governing it. Epic

I'd hate to be the person having to keep tabs on all the points people have in the database/spreadsheet. That would be a full-time job!

Apart from the 0-10 points having a 'warning level' associated with a 'warning action' of no action whatsoever, my favourite is the 20% permanent warning......if that's what they need to moderate a forum, there's no wonder they can't hit release dates with something as complex as software.

You couldn't make it up.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4140263 - 06/27/15 05:01 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

So 2 off topic posts will get you banned for 24 hours? Ha, with a system like that they won't have to abuse their mod rights to drive people away, now they can do it for anything!

#4140266 - 06/27/15 05:14 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Edge 2 has just been delayed again as all resources are now focused on the ED Forum warning system and warning logging.

sigh

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4140275 - 06/27/15 06:00 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

I'd like to think that the new framework is a good thing; if you get a warning/ban they need to give you a reason, and the tiers keep the severity of the ban from being arbitrary. I think they recognize that at least one of their moderators stepped over the line, and they are doing what they can to get it under control. I also noticed that only the ED staff (i.e. not mods) can perma-ban now.

That said, lockonfiles.com is still censored both in regular text and hyperlinks, so they may not have been reading this post (or at least the first page) after all...

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4140276 - 06/27/15 06:01 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: EjectEject]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: EjectEject
Someone must have been reading this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144680

there should be a warning when creating an account in that forum:

POSTING IN THIS FORUM IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THIS FLIGHT SIM.

rolleyes

Quote:
That said, lockonfiles.com is still censored both in regular text and hyperlinks, so they may not have been reading this post (or at least the first page) after all...

did you expect them to change that ???

wink

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.