Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4139163 - 06/24/15 11:33 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com *** [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Agreed, let's keep it polite......those responsible are damaging heir own reputation further and no-one else's and we don't want any more locked threads.

I'll be giving a polite tip of the hat to ED representatives from now on but won't be directly engaging discussion with them.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4139165 - 06/24/15 11:35 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Anyone with a brain in their skull is eventually going to stray from the narrow vision that ED forum moderation allows. When some BS comes up if you call a spade a spade you're an enemy and that is the beginning of the end. If you adapt you find the vision just keeps getting narrower and narrower. Little intellectual abuses pile up and then they act surprised when it reaches a head. I wonder if this bully really doesn't understand that 100 days of wet willies is the reason they get punched occasionally.

The banned club is getting bigger and about now contains more people whose opinions I respect than the yet-to-be-banned club. I find crapposters survive longer than people with a more articulated point. They really fear unvarnished opinion which is sad because they're fine on their own merits. Most of the negativity comes from how the tiny original subject-oriented negativity is treated as a feedback loop. The original issue or background Internet noise is quite tolerable in comparison. If they just accepted criticism or less than total control in the first place everything would be fine.

#4139166 - 06/24/15 11:42 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Nail on the head Frederf.

Maybe one day they'll become aware of the damage they are doing to themselves. If a day ever comes when there is competition, ED will be a distant second.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4139180 - 06/25/15 12:31 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Paradaz]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted By: Paradaz

Has no-one else questioned their ridiculous stance on the ED boards?

Nobody questions anything over there. If they do they get a warning, if they ask about the warning they get another warning and it goes on until they are finally banned.
These guys will understand bad publicity they manage Eagle Dynamics. I have considered contacting them about the way Eagle Dynamics treat their paying customers. Bad publicity is bad publicity, nobody likes it

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4139182 - 06/25/15 12:36 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

That's not a bad idea. I think TFC has a right to know that ED is dragging their name though the mud.

#4139184 - 06/25/15 12:38 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: Rakowar
That's not a bad idea. I think TFC has a right to know that ED is dragging their name though the mud.

I am not that sure that they are fully aware of the damage being done

biggrin biggrin biggrin on that 'interview'

Thanks for the birthday wishes Tom....40 today. A downhill slope from this point on so I'm told! I'm intending to live life at a more relaxed pace anyway, so at least I'll not get too worked up over the next ED delay announcement. I might even stop complaining about it some time soon.

to be 40 smile it is a wonderful age ... enjoy wink

Originally Posted By: XIII
So much venom and hatred in your posts.Where is the love confused
You can not understand that links are blocked for your own good?

biggrin

Nail on the head Frederf.

Maybe one day they'll become aware of the damage they are doing to themselves. If a day ever comes when there is competition, ED will be a distant second.

if they are not careful, that is what can happen.

it seems to me that all that some people connected with the US/UK side of the developer feel that their job does not include resolving conflict , rather it of letting them get worse.

Originally Posted By: Rakowar

I'd guess that people on those boards are too afraid to speak up given the petty, vindictive and childish nature of their PR team and the orwellian atmosphere of that place

that is exactly what it is and what they are , and that explains wonderfully well their attitude towards anyone that voices their opinion freely.

One this has to be made clear :

there is Eagle Dynamics, the developer of DCSW

and

there is the people associated with their Forum

I like their products

as for the second ... well, after this last one that they did , you guys know how I feel.

#4139188 - 06/25/15 12:44 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd

Has no-one else questioned their ridiculous stance on the ED boards?

Nobody questions anything over there. If they do they get a warning, if they ask about the warning they get another warning and it goes on until they are finally banned.
These guys will understand bad publicity they manage Eagle Dynamics. I have considered contacting them about the way Eagle Dynamics treat their paying customers. Bad publicity is bad publicity, nobody likes it

I'd certainly be willing to sign a petition, letter or whatever's appropriate since I hope these rude, shady and fraudulent business practices are something they do not wish to be associated with.

Last edited by scrim; 06/25/15 12:44 AM.
#4139197 - 06/25/15 01:06 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I doubt they would approve what is going on - this level of antagonism, stoked by a few individuals and that benefits no one.

#4139239 - 06/25/15 04:14 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Well I became part of the "club" on Saturday, some poster wanted to send me classified data (which thankfully he didn't) but I got perma-banned myself.

So what, no more interest in a bunch of kids anymore, but Frederf pretty much nailed it on the head though, it seems that people who discuss certain things don't get warned, but when it's directed (as in my case) the "recipient" gets banned, i.e. me. So I've uninstalled DCS, removed my entries for them on my LinkedIn, and pretty much going to forget that DCS exists anymore. I mean there was a site that had the same problem years ago that had a similar method of "moderating". Always acting superior and kicking out the others because they "were" less than they were, and ended up a shadow of what they used to be and pretty much left everybody moving on to better things in life. SO whatever, I'm done with their lunacy and going back to SF2.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4139240 - 06/25/15 04:32 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

FFS.

If I were in charge of SimHQ, I ban all those ED mods from SimHQ permanently.

#4139244 - 06/25/15 04:53 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
In a perfect world yes, but they don't run anything on CombatAce that's for sure. We can handle our own business without them, and have done so, and will continue to do so. But I have to get back to skinning for SF2, peace and good luck...

BTW that "interview" is a riot... And 100% correct...

- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4139270 - 06/25/15 08:11 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: EricJ]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
Originally Posted By: EricJ
Well I became part of the "club" on Saturday, some poster wanted to send me classified data (which thankfully he didn't) but I got perma-banned myself.

So what, no more interest in a bunch of kids anymore, but Frederf pretty much nailed it on the head though, it seems that people who discuss certain things don't get warned, but when it's directed (as in my case) the "recipient" gets banned, i.e. me.

Read about that a few days ago. Very disappointed the project can't go forward. But to be clear, someone else wanted to send something and you got banned? Very slippery slope. I can see trouble makers black mailing other members by claiming they are going to send sensitive data just to get the innocent recipient banned.

Good luck with your SF2 projects.

#4139273 - 06/25/15 08:19 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Hellfire257 Offline
Hellfire257  Offline

What was that about, EricJ?

I wish I could say this is all surprising, but it's not. I feel sorry for some of the good guys over there who get dragged into this mess through association - there's a lot of bad apples but there's 1 or maybe 2 who don't deserve to get lumped in with the bad ones.

#4139278 - 06/25/15 08:44 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Yet another firm with that NOSB mentality... very sad frown

#4139284 - 06/25/15 08:53 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
Eric, were you the guy doing a Superbug mod instead of CTD?

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
#4139316 - 06/25/15 11:09 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: EricJ]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun

So what, no more interest in a bunch of kids anymore, but Frederf pretty much nailed it on the head though, it seems that people who discuss certain things don't get warned, but when it's directed (as in my case) the "recipient" gets banned, i.e. me. So I've uninstalled DCS, removed my entries for them on my LinkedIn, and pretty much going to forget that DCS exists anymore. I mean there was a site that had the same problem years ago that had a similar method of "moderating". Always acting superior and kicking out the others because they "were" less than they were, and ended up a shadow of what they used to be and pretty much left everybody moving on to better things in life. SO whatever, I'm done with their lunacy and going back to SF2.

it does not matter to them what you do for the community or for how long you did it, in fact, I am sure they take particular pleasure in shafting their most dedicated supporters, they get a kick out of it.

Something is definitively wrong with these people - I am not sure that Flying Legends and even the developers of DCSW are fully aware of what is being done by those running that forum to their reputation in the Flight Sim Community.

Unfortunately I cannot dump DCS for website reasons and because I get a lot of requests for skins.

I used to check from time to time that 'forum', but I deleted my browser links - I won't even visit anymore that place.

#4139421 - 06/25/15 03:56 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
This is why I got banned:

Quote:

Sukhoi25 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to
entitled - Super Hornet for DCS - in the DCS Mods forum of ED Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144327&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Eric,
i'll suggest you to add also the AIM-9X to weapons if not already
planned wink Meantwhile, the Block II SH doesn't have an AESA Raytheon
APG-79 (capability to lock up at 20 A/A, A/G or A/S targets and combat
10 of them, if i remember right) and _not_ APG-73. There was an
excellent website with radar dates if i find the link, i'll get back to
you!

So I was banned so fast that I didn't get the link, nor has the moron contacted me further... Besides I had this feeling they were going to screw me out of the deal anyway (out of the Super Hornet project, they got greedy too quick) and quite frankly I"ve done enough skinwork to last me a few lifetimes.

But Tom_Weiss is correct, as well as others, the constant lack of any sane thought by them and Mr. Wagner, and Mr. Tishin shows that the more talent they ban due to frivolous reasons, i.e. me or others sends a signal that they don't want talent, they want to have sychophants rather than honest customers. So they're like a junta in some regards, and I have no time to deal with a corporate banana republic. I mean even that "interview" I wasn't aware of the backers getting screwed out of their efforts. At a time I respected them, but now they're disgusting.

#4139425 - 06/25/15 04:08 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Whatcha mean? CTD was making good progress on a Super Hornet, and they didn't screw them over... Oh right.

Colour me surprised. Who'd want their F/A-18C that won't be out for another five years if someone releases an F/A-18E before that?

#4139428 - 06/25/15 04:16 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I really don't know what they want - or what they are aiming at.

.. Besides I had this feeling they were going to screw me out of the deal anyway (out of the Super Hornet project, they got greedy too quick) and quite frankly I"ve done enough skinwork to last me a few lifetimes.

leaves one speechless

so, someone was going to make a Super Hornet and you were invited to take part - and they dumped you ?

I'll make sure never to buy it.

At a time I respected them, but now they're disgusting.

they offend people so much - and find so many different ways to do it, then, they are surprised that they have so few friends.

, i.e. me or others sends a signal that they don't want talent, they want to have sychophants rather than honest customers

at the first sign of dissent - there you go biggrin

and of course they don't let it go, if there was a disagreement 10 years ago, they manage to keep it alive.

that is why I switched to FSX/P3D in 2007, I still like DCSW but I would never again dedicate my full attention to it like I did, there are better developers, more deserving of our support.

#4139436 - 06/25/15 04:46 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics Forum now censoring www.lockonfiles.com [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Well I was running the team up until then, whatever they're doing is whatever they're doing. I don't care about it anymore given I can fall back on SF2 now. But no I voluntarily dropped myself, because I figured they would have figured out a way to cut me out (prevented me to upload it under my name, ban me, like they did). So they're just looking to screw potential third party developers for a particular project. I felt it was better to cut my losses on the project rather than deal with the constant harassment they gave me anyway.

And what's funny is that people for Arma 3 moan about BIS devs and unlike ED devs, they talk to you, and don't always treat you like you're "beneath" them, they actually work with you in solving a problem rather than banning you over small infractions. Talent is what drives any game, simulation, etc. If there's not a good environment either on a community forum or corporate forum then there's a drive to do real good because everybody is essentially in a good mood, not so much sycophant but they are happy and dragged down by political games or mind games that ED is playing. I mean I enjoyed DCSW and even from Flanker 2 to now, but it's like my tour in Iraq. Being outside the wire was great because you weren't focused on politics, you were focused on the mission. You can't focus on the mission if you're just dreading going to a forum where you're treated like #%&*$# and they can't understand or admit that they're the problem and not always the community. But yeah as said i uninstalled it and removed a lot of contacts on Monday. If ED wants to attract it's vaunted military contracts and continue to act in the manner they do, then even military customers will start looking elsewhere due to the negative reputation that they've brought upon themselves.

And speaking as a said veteran, the amount of BS is so redonkulous (worse than ridiculous for those that don't know) that it's better to move on to other things in life, more saner thngs in life, than spend energy on a failing product.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.