Hop To
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
#4128598 - 06/03/15 04:33 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Bearcat99]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
blahblahblah
Please.. What points were you trying to make exactly with the post that I just quoted of yours?

Read my posts again with the quotes I provided, the points made are quite clear but once again you chose to respond with the silly smiley above, that's not my fault - that's yours if that's all you can come up with. Your comments were not taken out of context at all, I think you may have the words 'content' and 'context' mixed up, the content was shortened for the sake of brevity but lost none of the context and that is perfectly clear in the links you provided that I didn't provide because you cry foul when your name is mentioned so the comments were attributed to a nameless moderator.

There is a point? Just how would you have me counter that foolishness? It is nonsense Revvin.. As I said.. I posted links to the posts I made that you seem to have your knickers in a knot about.. anyone who wants to see what was said in it's full context can do so. If not then don't...

You just like to be combative and confrontational and I refuse to play your stupid game for the moment..

Nonsense, yes its a word you like slinging at people who you don't agree with, when you have no answers you resort to telling people they are talking nonsense because at SimHQ you can only delete your own comments and not others. My reply about you deleting your posts is no more nonsense than your "alrighty then thumbsup" response that you kept tossing out but then started ranting when the discussion carried on without hearing your points because that's all you posted, no knickers in a knot here, its you becoming aggressive and offensive, you might want to wipe the spittle from your screen and take advice from another of your favourite smiley's and sit back and read reading

#4128611 - 06/03/15 05:04 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Extreme_One]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Well, seeing as neither the developers, nor the ardent fans can understand the criticism...

Where to you "see" that? in which Crystal ball?

Quote:
well their opinions are worthless then, right?

You say it... nobody else does... nowhere...
Now, if a Customer is disapointed, has expressed his worthy opinion in length in many forums, has decided the game isn't good enough for him and will never be (he's entitled to), and that there's no hope that the current dev will ever produce something worthy..... then what the point staying around the forums and repeating the same thing over and over again?
That's what I can't understand. If I'm fed up with any kind of product, I just focus on others and avoid to loose some precious time in a whining loop.
Maybe there's some kind whining extasy I never experienced. Should I try?

#4128613 - 06/03/15 05:13 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Rama]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Rama

You sort of are already.

#4128614 - 06/03/15 05:25 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Rama]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Well, seeing as neither the developers, nor the ardent fans can understand the criticism...

Where to you "see" that? in which Crystal ball?

No, I read the opinions of the fans that choose to come here and tell us how BOS really is.
Also I take note that, despite the clamour surrounding the biggest complaints; the forced graphical presets and the lacklustre single player gameplay nothing is done to improve things and we're told by a company representative the "Moscow has no interest ... "

So, no, a crystal ball isn't needed.

well their opinions are worthless then, right?

You say it... nobody else does... nowhere...
Now, if a Customer is disapointed, has expressed his worthy opinion in length in many forums, has decided the game isn't good enough for him and will never be (he's entitled to), and that there's no hope that the current dev will ever produce something worthy..... then what the point staying around the forums and repeating the same thing over and over again?
That's what I can't understand. If I'm fed up with any kind of product, I just focus on others and avoid to loose some precious time in a whining loop.

I don't know what your point is really.

Are you trying to tell me I have no right to criticise BOS/BOM? That viewpoint doesn't really work in an unbiased forum.

See, the difference between the way I post and the way certain fans post is, I don't tell people they're wrong for enjoying the game.

I feel compelled to express my discontent in the hope that the developers listen and that changes will be made.

Similar to how the cockpit model for the 109 was improved, and the situation with the unlocks was improved (for some people).
These things only changed because customers let the developers know they were dissatisfied with them.

That's the point of criticism.

I don't understand the point of blindly buying whatever further content is thrown at you and thanking the developers for compromising on the commitments, made before and during early access.

Last edited by Extreme_One; 06/03/15 08:57 PM. Reason: correcting autocorrect
#4128620 - 06/03/15 05:44 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
I find it interesting that so many BOS 'supporters' take criticism of an inanimate object so personally, and personally attack those criticizing the inanimate object.

I like Ford more than Chevy. But I don't go to message boards and criticize someone who bought a crappy Ford for saying they think the Ford is crappy. And it certainly doesn't impact me in any way. Why would I care if someone wants to talk about how crappy their experience with their Ford was/is, let alone argue with them?

Doing so would be the behavior of, well, someone who I wouldn't want to emulate.

EDIT: For clarification, I am exactly referring to the logic of the behavior. If somebody's boat is floated by objecting to the points raised by talking about the crappy inanimate object, by all means proceed as it is entertaining at least.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 06/03/15 05:53 PM. Reason: Read back in thread and saw exactly my point

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4128625 - 06/03/15 05:54 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Airdrop01]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01

I like Ford more than Chevy.

Friends don't let friends buy Fords…lol. (Sorry…couldn't resist)

I'm a Dodge/Mopar guy myself.

thumbsup

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4128626 - 06/03/15 05:56 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Force10]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: Force10

I like Ford more than Chevy.

Friends don't let friends buy Fords…lol. (Sorry…couldn't resist)

I'm a Dodge/Mopar guy myself.

thumbsup

thumbsup

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4128634 - 06/03/15 06:10 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Extreme_One]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: Extreme_OneNo
, I read the opinions of the fans that choose to come here and tell us go BOS really is.

No sure you really read what they say... I've seen fans criticizing graphical presets, including here...
So it seems to me your Crystal ball is at least partially blind.

Are you trying to tell me I have no right to criticise BOS/BOM?

No, I told the exact contrary. It's written in black on white (your opinion is worthy)...

Quote:
I feel compelled to express my discontent in the hope that the developers listen and that changes will be made.?

That's not what you do here... since the developers don't read this forum... still you still have the right to express your discontent (I repeat it, since you missed it)

Quote:

That's your point when you posted on the official forum... and you were free to critic as much as you wanted.
It's not the point on when you post on this forum.... the criticism is to satisfy another need (on which I made an hypothesis in may last post).

Quote:
I don't understand the point of blindly buying whatever further content is thrown at you and thanking the developers for compromising on the commitments, made before and during early access.

Peoples are free to do things you don't understand.... same as people are free to do things I don't understand (like entering a neverending whining loop)....
That's life, nobody can understand everything.

Last edited by Rama; 06/03/15 06:11 PM.
#4128635 - 06/03/15 06:12 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Rama]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
the developers don't read this forum...

Quoted for hilarity.

#4128636 - 06/03/15 06:14 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Airdrop01]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Quoted for...

You probably missed what Jason said... he isn't a developper
Can you name one developper who's reading this forum?

Last edited by Rama; 06/03/15 06:15 PM.
#4128647 - 06/03/15 06:35 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Rama]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Originally Posted By: Extreme_OneNo
, I read the opinions of the fans that choose to come here and tell us go BOS really is.

No sure you really read what they say... I've seen fans criticizing graphical presets, including here...
So it seems to me your Crystal ball is at least partially blind.

Are you trying to tell me I have no right to criticise BOS/BOM?

No, I told the exact contrary. It's written in black on white (your opinion is worthy)...

Quote:
I feel compelled to express my discontent in the hope that the developers listen and that changes will be made.?

That's not what you do here... since the developers don't read this forum... still you still have the right to express your discontent (I repeat it, since you missed it)

Quote:

That's your point when you posted on the official forum... and you were free to critic as much as you wanted.
It's not the point on when you post on this forum.... the criticism is to satisfy another need (on which I made an hypothesis in may last post).

Quote:

Peoples are free to do things you don't understand.... same as people are free to do things I don't understand (like entering a neverending whining loop)....
That's life, nobody can understand everything.

Quote:
and you were free to critic as much as you wanted.

lol that's a good one. I left that place because what with the white knights and the insinuation that anyone posting criticism was actually a hater ...

Anyway, what is this fetish you lot have with quoting someone and then picking their post apart point by point by point?

It's quite tiresome and frankly, comes across as unnecessarily combative.

Oh, and that point about developers not reading this forum.

Is Jason not a developer? OK well, I guess he doesn't actually develop for BOS/BOM but anyway, he does speak on behalf of the developers and was in here the other day and invited a Q&A session.

As for the other developers, it's quite apparent that they rarely visit their own English speaking forums any longer so I don't expect them to visit here either.

Shame really, because it's probably a good thing to listen to your biggest critics once in a while... It's certainly more beneficial than listening to your biggest fans. Probably not so good for someone with a fragile ego though.

Anyway, you're here, I'm here ... Isn't this nice?

Last edited by Extreme_One; 06/03/15 06:41 PM.
#4128665 - 06/03/15 07:06 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Rama]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Quoted for...

Actually, even your absurd Internet forum semantics aside, Jason on his own describes himself as a developer. I just read it and it is very readily public information from the man himself, but I don't really think I'm going to post it here for you because there is no reason to prove the sun is hot or water is wet.

But why would you care about the truth or own your words. I expect you will not.

#4128683 - 06/03/15 07:33 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Rama]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Quoted for...

Yes. In fact do a search on the BOS fourms from about a month or 2 ago. A dev said HW was reading SimHQ.

Again you don't know what you are talked ng about.

#4128701 - 06/03/15 08:02 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
MiG21bisFishbedL Offline
MiG21bisFishbedL  Offline

I totally believe they don't read any other forums, actually.

It's a lot easier to work with what's heard in an echo chamber.

wut meens b?
#4128704 - 06/03/15 08:03 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Airdrop01]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
I find it interesting that so many BOS 'supporters' take criticism of an inanimate object so personally, and personally attack those criticizing the inanimate object.

I like Ford more than Chevy. But I don't go to message boards and criticize someone who bought a crappy Ford for saying they think the Ford is crappy. And it certainly doesn't impact me in any way. Why would I care if someone wants to talk about how crappy their experience with their Ford was/is, let alone argue with them?

I've also been struck by this phenomenon...hugely.

"I hate this game." "Oh yeah, well I hate you."

"I hate McDonald's milkshakes." "Oh yeah, well I hate you."

Something's wrong with the second party in the fictional conversations above. Really really wrong.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4128709 - 06/03/15 08:11 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort

I've also been struck by this phenomenon...hugely.

"I hate this game." "Oh yeah, well I hate you."

"I hate McDonald's milkshakes." "Oh yeah, well I hate you."

Something's wrong with the second party in the fictional conversations above. Really really wrong.

Indeed but it's more like this.

Quote:
I

Yes, YOU

Quote:
hate

Woah, that's pretty strong man.

Quote:
McDonald's milkshakes.

Are you sure about that? Do you only hate McDonalds or ALL milkshake?

Well. Therefore ... I hate you! You hater!

Last edited by Extreme_One; 06/03/15 08:12 PM.
#4128712 - 06/03/15 08:21 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Nice use of bold and underlined font there, the only minor improvement you might consider is a use of a different colour, just to really hammer your point home, and your reply could do with being a paragraph or several longer

#4128721 - 06/03/15 08:41 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Dakpilot]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort

In fact, you're starting to sound like Loft:
"You're just a small minority."
"Don't you dare say a word on Metacritic or I'll pull the plug on the game."

For being folks who aren't Loft's target audience and who you claim have minority opinions on a forum that isn't frequented by the masses of casual gamers who are making BoS a legend in its own time we sure do get a lot of attention. Why aren't you guys out on the Xbox forums trying to drum up business from people who might actually buy BoS. You're beating a dead horse here
deadhorse

A case in point is your 'Loft quotes' a casual reader would assume these to be true, which is far from the case, taken out of context, (even if they were the real verbatim quotes) and 'spun' out of all reality.

My paraphrased statements are an absolute reflection of reality. Loft has said the simmers visiting his BoS forum represent only a small minority of his target audience (I think he said we were only the 5%). Want me to find it and repost it? I'll make Loft's lack of interest in simmers front page news again.

Loft threatened to pull the plug on BoS when the simmers hit Metacritic in mass with some really bad reviews and scores for BoS. Want me to find that and repost it also?

Loft thinks hardcore simmers are a minority interest in BoS. But at the same time he seems very concerned about what we might say to an audience he claims doesn't visit the forums we frequent, which of course doesn't add up. What part is not reality?

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4128730 - 06/03/15 08:55 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Bearcat99]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida

... yeah well... one still cannot help but wonder.. I mean.. that's ok right? To wonder.. It fits within the confines of what we all agreed to right? rolleyes

Sure, if you cannot help yourself, you are free to wonder.

Of course, that leaves others free to wonder about the level of reading comprehension (of clearly stated policy) that it demonstrates. rolleyes

#4128738 - 06/03/15 09:11 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Bearcat99]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: dburne

Things have changed over the last few months there on the English forum... which is a main factor in the concerns that folks have been expressing here.
It is their house and they can run it as they see fit...

Really .. ? How so? Do you mean for the better.. I hope? Because there are two locked threads in the first 50 posts... the last person to be banned there who was not a spambot got a 3 day on May 22... and before that was May 1.. and that person was actually one of BoS' most ardent supporters.. who crossed a line and was dealt with accordingly.

BC, I respect you and I am not here to bash you or your moderating that you do, or anyone's for that matter undoubtedly a lot of the moderation policy comes down from above over there anyway. So if I were to bash anyone for what I see as a one sided moderation policy, it would be 1CGS.

But no, I do not mean for the better. Negativity and criticism is being squelched, members being run off, while at the same time there is a group of supporters - and no I am not going to name names, who know they can pretty much say any dang thing they want blasting anyone they want, because of who they are.
Anyone that spends any time reading the forums over there can see that.

Threads and posts still get deleted at times, albeit not as much as they once were - now that most of the folks who were questioning have been run off or left because of this behavior.

It is very evident how 1CGS wants their forums run and displayed, and as I have said many times, it is their house and they can certainly do that. But to say the moderation is fair and equal, well it is obviously not the case.

Last edited by dburne; 06/03/15 09:15 PM.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.