Hop To
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
#4128208 - 06/02/15 11:22 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Bearcat99]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
usual reply to when someone makes a good point.

Your little one liners are so fracking boring bongo...

can you imagine how boring it would be if I tried to get to the point with walls of text like yours, how people change, you used to compliment me on my wit in PM's.

Besides, you're only all bent out of shape because you are powerless here and can't hide me in the naughty corner at your convenience.

Last edited by bongodriver; 06/02/15 11:29 PM.
#4128220 - 06/03/15 12:04 AM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: bongodriver]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: lokitexas

You sure do think your "I" = "we" don't you.

Face the fact that more people would play and buy BoS if it had good SP content. That's the reason ARMA and IL246 are still going. There is content being made (for SP, CooP, and MP).

You can forget most of that with BoS. No mods, no custom graphics, no implementation of good SP content, low MP server numbers, no easy coop, and low player limit in MP.
So much to enjoy in this sim? I guess you are right if you are content with QMB over and over....which by what you claim, you are. Others have higher standards. Others are expecting a "new" flight sim to do something innovative and new....not WAY less than its predecessors. Again, unless you consider putting unlocks and pilot levels innovation.
Your tired excuse of "enjoy the game for what it is", is a bunch of crap and frankly a cop out excuse of a sorry excuse. What it is a simple, un-innovative, crash grab using IL2 to sell, made by crooked developers who I think have thrown so much BS around they don't even know whats true or not anymore.
But you keep being happy and content with your QMB, but for hells sake, quit trying to others to be.

No not at all.. I meant what I said. That is all I meant.. as for my tired excuses.. What would I need an excuse for?

usual reply to when someone makes a good point.

Your little one liners are so fracking boring bongo...

can you imagine how boring it would be if I tried to get to the point with walls of text like yours, how people change, you used to compliment me on my wit in PM's.
Besides, you're only all bent out of shape because you are powerless here and can't hide me in the naughty corner at your convenience.

No bongo it was never your wit.. I was just trying to be fair to you.. a point which apparently was not worth the effort based on a lot of your posts.. I am not bent out of shape at all... why would I be? Because of you? Don't flatter yourself..

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4128222 - 06/03/15 12:11 AM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Well I actually said you were bent out of shape because you lack authority here but you chose to make it about me......I'm flattered.

We have all seen the 'fairness' that goes on at the BOS forum.

#4128223 - 06/03/15 12:14 AM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: bongodriver]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Well I actually said you were bent out of shape because you lack authority here but you chose to make it about me......I'm flattered.

What makes you think I would want any authority here?

#4128224 - 06/03/15 12:16 AM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
So you can excercise some fairness.

#4128344 - 06/03/15 08:30 AM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: bongodriver]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom

Yes you get a virtual pat on the head from the moderators if you toe the line, if not then well, that's why a lot of us only post here because we can't there anymore thanks to the 'fairness' being dished out yep

#4128393 - 06/03/15 11:46 AM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Changed my mind on my post and deleted.

#4128410 - 06/03/15 12:25 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
I really don't understand why these BoS supporters that come over from the BOS forum care what's said here at SimHQ about BoS. According to them BoS is a huge success that is a wonderful Sim with just a few shortcomings. If all is so rosey why do you guys have so much angst over what you claim to be are just a few SimHQ members complaining about the game? Something doesn't add up here.

In fact, you're starting to sound like Loft:
"You're just a small minority."
"Don't you dare say a word on Metacritic or I'll pull the plug on the game."

For being folks who aren't Loft's target audience and who you claim have minority opinions on a forum that isn't frequented by the masses of casual gamers who are making BoS a legend in its own time we sure do get a lot of attention. Why aren't you guys out on the Xbox forums trying to drum up business from people who might actually buy BoS. You're beating a dead horse here
deadhorse

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4128426 - 06/03/15 12:52 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Its a shame you deleted it because I'm glad I'm not the only one who see's a moderator leading and pushing an agenda through the discussions on the official forums, virtually applauding the 1CGS faithful and marginalising those who criticise. I wonder when a moderator says:
Quote:
A lot of the angst that goes on surrounding this sim just bothers me because at the end of the day this us vs them BS is just manufactured nonsense.

How in the same post he can say:
Quote:
There will always be naysayers and there will always be those who just live and breathe with negativity.. That does not have to be how we roll here.

It certainly looks like that's how you 'roll' or is it the moderator manufacturing this "us vs them BS". If the "us vs them BS is just manufactured nonsense" then why respond like this:
Quote:
GREAT POST!!

To comments like this:
Quote:
I wont be affected one tiny bit other than feeling a bit sad that a bunch of miserable moaners trashed their own hobby.

Yet in the same post someone posts:
Quote:
Changes in FM's, unlocks, structural design, have all come about by the efforts of people pushing for changes that would make this game better, and those changes have done just that. Many of them were demonized, and most of them are not here on the forum anymore. But you can thank them....for some of these changes, or curse them for ruining the happy sunshine feeling some would like.

And the response from the same moderator is:
Quote:
This post is.. very problematic for me to digest

Quote:
I also find statements like "ruining the happy sunshine feeling some would like" to be very condescending at best and insulting

The response includes the usual wall of text with the usual bold text, red text and underlined text to further castigate the poster and his opinion as well as go on to discount any other sim with WWII content available right now to play, further promoting the notion that if you don't like BoS then tough its all you got so eat up. Whether that moderator likes it or not when forum members see the tag under your name anything you post does provoke a different reaction from regular forum members. It may be that its not the moderators intention (though given the above examples its hard to imagine that) and its not exclusive to the BoS forum, its just general forum behaviour. It happens here too if you look at the posts CyBerkut has posted in be it to resolve an issue or just pass a comment quite often there's often a shot period of inactivity afterwards even though in CyBerkut's case his moderation has been just about the best around and been very even handed.

#4128439 - 06/03/15 01:10 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Revvin]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA

Whatever dude... I expected this post from you.

#4128453 - 06/03/15 01:28 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Are you deleting your own posts here now as some kind of comfort blanket because you can't delete anyone else's like you can on the official forums? winkngrin hahaha thumbsup

#4128463 - 06/03/15 01:34 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
I really don't understand why these BoS supporters that come over from the BOS forum care what's said here at SimHQ about BoS.

I can answer this one for myself: I don't care about what's said, but I find it funny... and life is too short to not take an opportunity to smile or laugh.
I actually don't read any more the official BoS English forum (except on very rare occasions, that Revvin can point and count for myself...). Last time I did was probably around 2 monthes ago. There's too many posts there, I have not time to read them... so yes, I spend more time reading posts on this SimHQ forum... wink
And the reason of it is probably the same for most of the peoples that post here: they don't play BoS any more, are not interested to play it in the future, and resigned to post criticism on the only forum where the dev coudl potentially reat them... so what's the reason they post there?... I see only one rational answer: because they find it fun to read it and ot post on... so exactly for the same reason as I do.

Quote:
According to them BoS is a huge success that is a wonderful Sim with just a few shortcomings.

That's pure BS....
Don't know what happened on the official English forum in the last monthes, but before that, there was allways a lot of criticism on the English official forum, including all the issues (the game ones, not the fantasy about supposed dev agendas) which are discussed here. I also participated to some of these criticism, and BC did too.
Lot's (if not all) "BoS supporters", except maybe an ultra small minority, have some critics and do express them.

#4128490 - 06/03/15 02:04 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Rama]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: Rama
That's pure BS....
Don't know what happened on the official English forum in the last monthes, but before that, there was allways a lot of criticism on the English official forum

Things have changed over the last few months there on the English forum... which is a main factor in the concerns that folks have been expressing here.

It is their house and they can run it as they see fit...

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4128510 - 06/03/15 02:23 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: dburne]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: dburne
Things have changed over the last few months there on the English forum... which is a main factor in the concerns that folks have been expressing here.

Oh?
Don't tell me my moderation is missed... I won't believe you... exitstageleft

#4128516 - 06/03/15 02:28 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

I really don't understand why these BoS supporters that come over from the BOS forum care what's said here at SimHQ about BoS. According to them BoS is a huge success that is a wonderful Sim with just a few shortcomings. If all is so rosey why do you guys have so much angst over what you claim to be are just a few SimHQ members complaining about the game? Something doesn't add up here.

For being folks who aren't Loft's target audience and who you claim have minority opinions on a forum that isn't frequented by the masses of casual gamers who are making BoS a legend in its own time we sure do get a lot of attention. Why aren't you guys out on the Xbox forums trying to drum up business from people who might actually buy BoS. You're beating a dead horse here
deadhorse

There may be just a few 'complainers ' posting here, however there are many more that read this forum (SimHQ), I was a regular reader for years before joining, it was a useful source of info.

However my experiences did not match up to a lot of the hearsay and simply inaccurate facts that I was reading.

A case in point is your 'Loft quotes' a casual reader would assume these to be true, which is far from the case, taken out of context, (even if they were the real verbatim quotes) and 'spun' out of all reality.

The only dead horse beating is being done by a few butthurt (sorry if that is offensive but it fits) people who should have moved on if they were so disappointed, however they seem to have found a new sport, internet warrior bashing of BoS and the people who enjoy it, this argument is usually countered by the 'I paid good hard earned money! and I can bash it till I get a refund!!

The only reason I post here is to try and balance some of the more outlandish 'negative ' claims, and there have been plenty

I fail to see that as a BoS supporter I am also not allowed to belong to the category of general flight sim enthusiast (sound geeky but true)who read most F/sim forums.

Is it SimHQ policy that this is an 'official' anti BoS/1CGS site? I don't think so

Cheers Dakpilot

#4128527 - 06/03/15 02:54 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Revvin
Are you deleting your own posts here now as some kind of comfort blanket because you can't delete anyone else's like you can on the official forums? winkngrin hahaha thumbsup

You are a real piece of work..

.... and just for the record since your "presnting the facts of your arguments" that you get so much praise for around here rolleyes nine times out of 10 consists of you quoting pieces of posts and then commenting on them with your interpretation of them as fact .. as if that is the full measure of backing up anything.. here are the posts that you quoted above in their full context.

Post #43 and Post # 52

.. and I will edit or delete any post I make as I d@mn well please.. It is none of your business what I do with posts that I make unless they are directed at you at such time you can report the post to the moderator of this forum. It kills me how very often you seem to be more accurate when posting the style of my posts rather than the content.

Quote:
According to them BoS is a huge success that is a wonderful Sim with just a few shortcomings.

That's pure BS....
Don't know what happened on the official English forum in the last monthes, but before that, there was allways a lot of criticism on the English official forum, including all the issues (the game ones, not the fantasy about supposed dev agendas) which are discussed here. I also participated to some of these criticism, and BC did too.
Lot's (if not all) "BoS supporters", except maybe an ultra small minority, have some critics and do express them.

That was my exact point and the other point that I took umbrage with in the post that Revvin has deemed worthy of his ardent defense.. anyone will see that if they read the entire post in context as opposed to taking Revvin's word for it or his interpretation of "the facts" as truth. It is a partial truth at best.

Originally Posted By: dburne
That's pure BS....
Don't know what happened on the official English forum in the last monthes, but before that, there was allways a lot of criticism on the English official forum

It is their house and they can run it as they see fit...

Really .. ? How so? Do you mean for the better.. I hope? Because there are two locked threads in the first 50 posts... the last person to be banned there who was not a spambot got a 3 day on May 22... and before that was May 1.. and that person was actually one of BoS' most ardent supporters.. who crossed a line and was dealt with accordingly.

Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

deadhorse

There may be just a few 'complainers ' posting here, however there are many more that read this forum (SimHQ), I was a regular reader for years before joining, it was a useful source of info.

However my experiences did not match up to a lot of the hearsay and simply inaccurate facts that I was reading.

A case in point is your 'Loft quotes' a casual reader would assume these to be true, which is far from the case, taken out of context, (even if they were the real verbatim quotes) and 'spun' out of all reality.

The only dead horse beating is being done by a few butthurt (sorry if that is offensive but it fits) people who should have moved on if they were so disappointed, however they seem to have found a new sport, internet warrior bashing of BoS and the people who enjoy it, this argument is usually countered by the 'I paid good hard earned money! and I can bash it till I get a refund!!

The only reason I post here is to try and balance some of the more outlandish 'negative ' claims, and there have been plenty

I fail to see that as a BoS supporter I am also not allowed to belong to the category of general flight sim enthusiast (sound geeky but true)who read most F/sim forums.

Is it SimHQ policy that this is an 'official' anti BoS/1CGS site? I don't think so

Cheers Dakpilot

Hmmmmm you can't help but wonder.

Last edited by Bearcat99; 06/03/15 03:13 PM.

#4128552 - 06/03/15 03:28 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Bearcat99]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom

You are a real piece of work..

.... and just for the record since your "presnting the facts of your arguments" that you get so much praise for around here rolleyes nine times out of 10 consists of you quoting pieces of posts and then commenting on them with your interpretation of them as fact .. as if that is the full measure of backing up anything.. here are the posts that you quoted above in their full context.

Post #43 and Post # 52

.. and I will edit or delete any post I make as I d@mn well please.. It is none of your business what I do with posts that I make unless they are directed at you at such time you can report the post to the moderator of this forum. It kills me how very often you seem to be more accurate when posting the style of my posts rather than the content.

Here we go again, instead of countering any points made you become aggressive and offensive, same old Bearcat rolleyes

The quotes provided were accurate and not taken out of context. Its clear to see in my opinion if you're one of the 1CGS faithful or you toe the party line you get a pat on the head and a cookie, if you're seen as one of the 'haters' by the moderation team you get the big old wall of text complete with bold text, underlined text, red text etc. as you pick apart their posts but get yourself all of a dither when someone examines your posts. As usual you claim to be taken out of context when that is not the case. The links were not included in my above quotes because you squeal like a stuck pig when someone mentions your name and claim its all some personal slight so I left your name out and simply attributed the comments to a 'moderator' seems you squeal either way though.

#4128569 - 06/03/15 04:00 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Bearcat99]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida

Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

deadhorse

Cheers Dakpilot

Hmmmmm you can't help but wonder.

My first post in these subforums

If that wasn't clear enough,

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4047710/Re:_If_you_dont_like_BoS_you_a#Post4047710
Originally Posted By: CyBerkut
And "They" would probably say the same thing to you guys... (referring to "learn to deal with it, suck it up and move on" and "This")

All sides get to have their say... multiple times even, as long as it complies with SimHQ rules.

and http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4047797/Re:_If_you_dont_like_BoS_you_a#Post4047797
I did pick up on that possibility as to the origin (of the "suck it up, etc...").

By now, I hope y'all have noticed that I'm attempting to let every view have their say, as long as it is within the SimHQ rules. I'm also attempting to get everybody to quit telling/implying the other views that they should be quiet and quit writing. It's simple fairness.

However weary anyone is getting of reading an opposing view, they can probably be relatively sure that the opposition is tired of hearing from them, too. In such a system, all sides get to "suck it up", and nobody needs to move on until they wish to. If there is drama, as long as it is within the SimHQ rules, it is allowed.

As to Bucksnort's post, he doesn't tell BoS supporters that they can not post supportive things over here. He is questioning the logic and motivations of it in light of the statements that he referred to. He's allowed to do that.

#4128570 - 06/03/15 04:00 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: Revvin]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA

Here we go again, instead of countering any points made you become aggressive and offensive, same old Bearcat rolleyes

The quotes provided were accurate and not taken out of context. Its clear to see in my opinion if you're one of the 1CGS faithful or you toe the party line you get a pat on the head and a cookie, if you're seen as one of the 'haters' by the moderation team you get the big old wall of text complete with bold text, underlined text, red text etc. as you pick apart their posts but get yourself all of a dither when someone examines your posts. As usual you claim to be taken out of context when that is not the case. The links were not included in my above quotes because you squeal like a stuck pig when someone mentions your name and claim its all some personal slight so I left your name out and simply attributed the comments to a 'moderator' seems you squeal either way though.

blahblahblah

Please.. What points were you trying to make exactly with the post that I just quoted of yours?
Quote:
Are you deleting your own posts here now as some kind of comfort blanket because you can't delete anyone else's like you can on the official forums?

There is a point? Just how would you have me counter that foolishness? It is nonsense Revvin.. As I said.. I posted links to the posts I made that you seem to have your knickers in a knot about.. anyone who wants to see what was said in it's full context can do so. If not then don't...

You just like to be combative and confrontational and I refuse to play your stupid game for the moment..

As to Bucksnort's post, he doesn't tell BoS supporters that they can not post supportive things over here. He is questioning the logic and motivations of it in light of the statements that he referred to. He's allowed to do that.

... yeah well... one still cannot help but wonder.. I mean.. that's ok right? To wonder.. It fits within the confines of what we all agreed to right? rolleyes

Last edited by Bearcat99; 06/03/15 04:05 PM.

#4128597 - 06/03/15 04:32 PM Re: ...Regarding Buying BoM [Re: KodiakJac]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
Well, seeing as neither the developers, nor the ardent fans can understand the criticism, everything must be fine then.

I mean, if there are existing customers that don't play the existing game, and prospective customers that won't buy the future game, because they have issues that aren't being addressed, well their opinions are worthless then, right?

Unless the point is that you're expected to just blindly buy the game (over and over again) "to support the genre" whether there's any actual playability or not. Is that it?

Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.