Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4117987 - 05/08/15 07:14 PM A natural born killer : Roberto Succo  
kaa Offline
kaa  Offline

France
This weirdo left a trail of blood behind him in Italy, France and Switzerland, in the late '80s. Better not have crossed his path .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Succo

The movie is quite factual and informative

"Anyone can shoot you down if you don't see him coming but it takes a wonderfully good Hun to bag a Camel if you're expecting him."
Tom Cundall.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4117990 - 05/08/15 07:17 PM Re: A natural born killer : Roberto Succo [Re: kaa]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I've never liked the term "natural born killer" because it presumes a person that has a genetic disposition to kill from birth. If that is indeed true then how could the person still be held accountable for their crimes?

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 05/08/15 07:20 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4117993 - 05/08/15 07:25 PM Re: A natural born killer : Roberto Succo [Re: kaa]  
'Sapper' Offline
'Sapper'  Offline

Croydon UK
We are all natural born killers. We are after all hairless apes with delusions of grandeur. Man is a predator by nature. Civilization is a very thin veneer.

#4118010 - 05/08/15 07:46 PM Re: A natural born killer : Roberto Succo [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I've never liked the term "natural born killer" because it presumes a person that has a genetic disposition to kill from birth. If that is indeed true then how could the person still be held accountable for their crimes?

I never looked at that term as an analysis of their genetic predisposition, more just a phrase about how easily and completely they took to killing.

But your question brings up all kinds of moral nuances that probably would best be discussed somewhere other than CH.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4118024 - 05/08/15 08:23 PM Re: A natural born killer : Roberto Succo [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
kaa Offline
kaa  Offline

France
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

You're right IMO , I should have written: a man with no value of human life. Now, your philosophical question is also relevant with criminals who are determinated by the kind of life they had.

"Anyone can shoot you down if you don't see him coming but it takes a wonderfully good Hun to bag a Camel if you're expecting him."
Tom Cundall.
#4118421 - 05/09/15 10:31 PM Re: A natural born killer : Roberto Succo [Re: kaa]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Because they didn't execute him, he robbed, raped, and murdered more people....

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4118476 - 05/10/15 01:43 AM Re: A natural born killer : Roberto Succo [Re: kaa]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted By: kaa
...your philosophical question is also relevant with criminals who are determinated by the kind of life they had.

I have a tough time with that excuse, too. My father's childhood reads like the bio of hundreds of people who ended up in prison or at the end of a rope. And yet he never committed any crimes, raised four children of whom I'm probably the worst, and the line of people who came to pay their respects when he passed away stretched around the block. The funeral director had to open three guest registers and said he'd never seen anything like it for anyone short of a town mayor or other big-wig, which my dad most certainly was not. He was just an honest man who treated everyone he ever met (as far as I know) with the respect he'd want to receive from them. What influenced him wasn't what happened to him, rather the understanding that if he didn't like that he had no business visiting that kind of treatment on anyone else.

A person does not become a criminal based on the kind of life he has had, but the kind of life he chooses to lead. He becomes a whiny pos by trying to pass responsibility for his miscreance off to other people who may or may not have done wrong by him.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4118938 - 05/11/15 02:15 PM Re: A natural born killer : Roberto Succo [Re: kaa]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
On the flip side, you will find many famous successful people with a line of carnage behind them from people whose lives they've ruined to get themselves ahead, and they may be publicly lauded while privately despised by hundreds of people. You may also find that any bad choices they make they've managed to blame others for instead of accepting personal responsibility.

So those traits are universal, not confined to winners or losers. Some choose to work with it, some against it, some not at all, but you have to take things like circumstances of birth and childhood and education and luck with a grain of salt because anyone born anywhere can choose to become anything.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.