Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
#4115578 - 05/04/15 09:13 AM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Frederf]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Originally Posted By: Frederf
"eD sUx" type comments should be chastised not for their negativity but for their inarticulateness. Get someone with a negative opinion to be specific and talk about the thing, not the person.

Yes, but sometimes you can't help but comment on the ridiculousness/idiocy of some of these posts, like the one XIII made there.

Last edited by Remon; 05/04/15 09:14 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4115603 - 05/04/15 10:45 AM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: ]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: XIII
Skatezilla your only one problem is that you represent a company with
one of the worst opinion in the web. But is your choice,with all consequences.

absolutely true - I've witnessed that first hand.

If we who moderate LockOnFiles - a website that some of the developers of DCSW antagonize relentlessly, allowed, our pages would be filled with people complaining.

Originally Posted By: komemiute
Originally Posted By: XIII
Skatezilla your only one problem is that you represent a company with
one of the worst opinion in the web
. But is your choice,with all consequences.

I never perceived such an hostility- some, yes. But with simmers it's always a minefield.

the developer of DCS have very few friends left.

they are lucky in that they have the Flying Collection, otherwise...

#4115608 - 05/04/15 11:02 AM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

If we who moderate LockOnFiles - a website that some of the developers of DCSW antagonize relentlessly, allowed, our pages would be filled with people complaining.

I'm Curious about this, how does this relentless antagonisation manifest itself? Which ED developer is doing it.

Nate

#4115613 - 05/04/15 11:17 AM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Nate]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: Nate
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

I'm Curious about this, how does this relentless antagonisation manifest itself? Which ED developer is doing it.

Nate

How ?

censoring any links to Lockonfiles.com in their Forum try to post any link to

http://www.lockonfiles.com

and see what happens.

then in March this year banning me from the Steam forums without a reason, for this -

posting about a skin I made ...

banned for posting a link to a skin ! they could not find a reason so any would do biggrin

is this enough examples ? aren't they a funny bunch ? biggrin

I can[t complain too much, they did worse to others.

so it is no wonder IMO that they hardly have any goodwill left in our Flight Sim Community.

#4115617 - 05/04/15 11:29 AM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

"Malicious attacks against the developer" ... right okay.

What was that exactly, Tom.

Amuse me.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4115621 - 05/04/15 11:34 AM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Amuse you ? no.

I am not going to get dragged into any discussions.

not by you , but I know that tactic, which was used successfully by some connected to the developer of DCSW, a tactic meant to make me lose my temper.

I dont fall into the same mistake twice.

to sum it up?

At Steam, a developer had me banned for posting a link I made for a skin.

if that is not enough for you, so be it.

#4115627 - 05/04/15 12:02 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: SkateZilla]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
6 pages of rant's on ED's Business Model etc...

This is likely the result of the ED forums being ruled with an iron fist. Pent up frustration. And issues ED would prefer to pretend don't exist. Reeping what they sow, sir.

BTW Tom, I support you, not trying to bait you.

Last edited by Helo_Head; 05/04/15 12:04 PM.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4115629 - 05/04/15 12:14 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I know smile poor phrasing by me, sorry. wink

anyhow, the discussion is not about me so I won´t make it so.

#4115699 - 05/04/15 01:47 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

To me, this all just sounds like the Russian way of doing business - attacking dissent wherever it manifests - be it behind the ED iron curtain, or outside in the free world.

They'll ban you for making critical comments on the ED site.

They'll ban you for making critical comments on other sites (and their moderators are present and very active on those sites).

Thier moderators savagely attack criticism on other sites.

Frankly, I can't beleve SimHQ tolerates a developer subjecting SimHQ's subscribers to this level of blatant bullying. Just look at the level of abuse that SimHQ users are subjected to by ED's representatives if they dare speak an unflattering truth about ED. You've literally got ED's propaganda commissars in SimHQ attacking any and all criticism with vitriol, turning every discussion into a flame-war, presumably with the intention of having the discussion shut down.

ED (being Russian) don't think they have to tolerate dissent. They actively crush it in their own domain, and they send their agents out into the free world to try and crush it there. That's absolutely unacceptable. SimHQ should be standing up for their subscribers more. They should be mercilessly banning ED's propaganda commissars when they rear their ugly heads on a forum that's based in the free world. They should't be permitting ED to control the discussion on sites that don't belong to them, but that's what SimHQ is letting them do by allowing their reps to post here.

If people want a "positive comments only" board, they've already got one, it's called the ED forums. If they don't like hearing criticism of thier video game, then that's tough #%&*$#. Don't read it. Your desire to not read critical opinins doesn't trump anyone's right to voice them.

And please, spare me this "but criticism should be constructive" nonsense. First off all, it's pretty clear that by "constructive" you mean "positive". More importantly, we're not "constructing" anything here. This isn't the ED's board of directors, it's an independent simulation discussion board. Nothing on this site is "constructive" or "destructive". Get over yourselves. It's a bunch of people on a random website freely talking about flight sims. And if ED doesn't like a bunch of customers talking about their product in a bad light somewhere on the internet, they can either suck it up and do something to satisfy the complaints or they can act like adults and ignore it. This KGB bull$#!t honestly makes me not what to ever hand ED another dime. F****ng bullies. The lot of them.

Last edited by Rakowar; 05/04/15 03:01 PM.
#4115718 - 05/04/15 02:12 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
CHDT Offline
CHDT  Offline

Switzerland
When doing business, I've always heard by experienced sales managers that "the client is always right, even if he's wrong." Also if a client comes and says "take my money", you listen to this client.

#4115723 - 05/04/15 02:14 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  

Great post Rakowar.Bravo!

#4115732 - 05/04/15 02:25 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Im not Russian, Niether is most of the moderation staff.
as for admin actions, its not really up for public discussion, but I will say users are legitly temp. banned for various time frames for multiple violations, then they violate another set of rules by creating another account just to keep ranting on ED. Which makes it a perm. Ban.

As for being banned for posting on other.forums, that rule.is specific to certain things and rarely used. 99% of the time if they post something seriously abrupt on another forum, they'll post on ED too, or they post on the other because they are already banned from ED.

Bug reports and feedback is welcomed, however, redundant rant posting will get you many warnings, once your on the moderators radar it gets easier from there, basically, coming to a companies boards and just being a downright problematic user will only get you put on the radar quicker.

The Rules on ED's boards exists for a reason,
their forums are a different environment, its a developer forum for their company,
keeping the banter and off topic posts to a minimum and keeping the forums clean is just the way it is.

This is a community board, so it is vastly more "open" in regards to most rules by comparison.

We were just as strict on the ForzaMotoraport.net forums i deleted countless posts violating the clearly posted rules, banned dozens of members for repeatdely violating posted rules, Ive moderated over half a dozen major sites, and they were just as strict as ED in regards to feedback/constructive criticism, the one board that was loosey goosey about that area, ended up shutting down the forums as the company just didnt want to deal with the problem anymore.

There's bullying by both sides, this is basically what comes with an open board, if users can try to force the negative points of the product onto other users, then other users have the right to defend it

People get upset with ED mods defending ED, even though we arent employees of ED,

Ask yourself, If you are representing a company in some capacity, would you publicly join in on bashing that company or would you make attempts to defend it?

Last edited by SkateZilla; 05/04/15 02:34 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4115737 - 05/04/15 02:34 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

This problem isn't what ED does on it's own boards, the problem is ED's moderators trying to control the discussion on other boards that don't belong to ED.

#4115740 - 05/04/15 02:42 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Rakowar]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: Rakowar
This problem isn't what ED does on it's own boards, the problem is ED's moderators trying to control the discussion on other boards that don't belong to ED.

The only people that control anything here is SimHQ themselves. If there are posts you take offence to, report it.

Nate

#4115743 - 05/04/15 02:46 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
I dont see them telling users here that they cant post that, I see them posting to counter the OP most of the time.

The last major quote battle was with regards how long it supposedly takes to develop a GFX Engine, in which the user stated all engines are the same abd should take but so long, etc etc. When replied to with legit insight into developing the other user continued to argue his belief that all GFX engines are the same etc etc.

2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4115750 - 05/04/15 02:50 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

Quote:
Im not Russian, Niether is most of the moderation staff.

No, but the people who give you your marching orders are.

Quote:
The only people that control anything here is SimHQ themselves.

Funny, because I've seen countless discussions shut down because ED moderators deliberately turned them into #%&*$#-shows in response to users posting critical views (more so sithspawn than Skate). They may not have access to the mod tools, but they're certainly exerting control by silencing dissent which they accomplish by engineering a flame-war that will inevitably lead to the thread being shut down. This has been an obvious and consistent strategy for a very long time. Why else would these users so consistently react to jokes or criticisms about ED products by turing the threads into personal, ad-hominem flame wars? It's simple: Can't shut a discussion down directly since you don't have mod privileges here? Get the SimHQ mods to do it for you by turning it into a flame-war. It's happened countless times.

Last edited by Rakowar; 05/04/15 02:57 PM.
#4115757 - 05/04/15 02:56 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Rakowar]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: Rakowar
Quote:
The only people that control anything here is SimHQ themselves.

Funny, because I've seen countless discussions shut down because ED moderators deliberately turned them into #%&*$#-shows in response to users posting critical views (more so sithspawn than Skate). They may not have access to the mod tools, but they're certainly exerting control by silencing dissent - which they accomplish by engineering a flame-war that will inevitably lead to the thread being shut down. This has been an obvious and consistent strategy for a very long time. Why else would these users so consistently react to jokes or criticisms about ED products into personal, ad-hominem flame wars?

I don't agree with your assessment, but again, this is solely under SimHQs control.

Nate

#4115760 - 05/04/15 03:02 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Nate]  
Rakowar Offline
Rakowar  Offline

Originally Posted By: Nate
I don't agree with your assessment, but again, this is solely under SimHQs control.

Just look at this very thread. It started as a discussion on nevada/EDGE, and once again, just like it does every time, it's been turned into this.

#4115764 - 05/04/15 03:04 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: SkateZilla]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Ask yourself, If you are representing a company in some capacity, would you publicly join in on bashing that company or would you make attempts to defend it?

Or a 3rd option. Don't say anything.

Can't remember who exactly said it but one of the ED mods stated some time ago that they kept a list of people on other boards who said stuff about ED and use that list on their own boards. Frankly that is very creepy.

I did some introspective today and I can't remember ever bashing DCS the game, the engine or the modules (though I could be wrong). The company on the other hand I have bashed because from a customer point of view they are the worst I have seen , though BIS used to have that distinction (after all they had 2 of their employees pose as regular users on their boards till they were outed when people found the 'dev' notes on the DVD with their names on it) but BIS has turned themselves around by embracing Modding and have been very forthcoming with info and updates.

Last edited by Mustang60348; 05/04/15 03:10 PM.
#4115768 - 05/04/15 03:08 PM Re: Latest on Nevada Terrain/DCS Edge? [Re: Swordsman]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
As for the "awkward silence was dcs2 is released comment", which set this off...

I agree there will be an echoing silence, as you can't talk when you bottom jaw is sitting on your desk, and the frustrations of many will finally be at ease, and we shall have peace... (In my Emperor Palpatine voice)

I will happily reach through my screen and help you pick up your jaws,

DCS2 is significantly more than a new GFX Engine, anyone expecting just a GFX engine will be hysterically surprised.

DCS users be like:

Originally Posted By: Mustang60348

Or a 3rd option. Don't say anything.
Can't remember who exactly said it but one of the ED mods stated some time ago that they kept a list of people on other boards who said stuff about ED and use that list on their own boards. Frankly that is very creepy.

I did some introspective today and I can't remember ever bashing DCS the game, the engine or the modules (though I could be wrong). The company on the other hand I have bashed because from a customer point of view they are the worst I have seen , though BIS used to have that distinction (after all they had 2 of their employees pose as regular users on their boards till they were outed when people found the 'dev' notes on the DVD with their names on it) but BIS has turned themselves around by embracing Modding and have been very forthcoming with info and updates.

And here lies the intellectual thicket, my 3rd option is to not say anything, yet others are allowed to?, nope, not gonna happen.

If that 3rd option is applied to me simply because of my status elsewhere, well, thats borderline discrimination.

If the forum is open to all, to voice their opinions, Im gonna do that, as members see me as the enemy because they cant see past the last year and a half, I see half of them as the new kids in class as Ive been here for over a decade and had 5+ years on my other account that was lost in a database glitch.

As for the "list", that list isnt what you think it is, and more along the lines of NDA monitoring or Severe cases of destructive feedback posting, that makes SimHQ look like a disney movie by comparison.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 05/04/15 03:20 PM.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.