Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4113523 - 04/30/15 12:25 AM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

What the moderation allows the cheerleaders to get away with posting, is really sad.
Moderation should work both ways imho.

But hey, it is their house, and they set the tone from the top down.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4113566 - 04/30/15 03:12 AM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: Revvin]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Revvin

He will tell us the same story in another two weeks, and another two after that and so on and so on, meanwhile a customer continues to be harassed and abused by the 1CGS faithful. . Now I'm sure a lot of us have had a laugh as Raaaids expense with some of his really way out idea's but some of the abuse he is taking goes beyond the forum rules and nothing is done about it. I thought its all changed? the moderation is better now?

I really don't give a d@mn what you or anyone else here thinks of me or my moderation.
I comment on it now because I can and I chose to.

For your information ..
I do not spend my every waking hour waiting for someone to say something stupid on the BoS forums.. It is not a paid gig. I have had enough personal stuff going on in my life over the past two months that have taken priority over moderating the BoS forums or taking serious to any degree anything said by anyone here.

Today... I spent my day doing something more meaningful and more rewarding babysitting my youngest grandson...

.. and after that band practice....

As for raaaid goes .. I have defended raaaid many times on many fronts and spoken to him via PM over the years probably more than anyone in this thread.. particularly you Revvin so... whatever.

As for the locked threads about presets or the lack thereof and the posts in this thread directed at me.. reading whatever dudes.. At the moment there are limited options.... if the issue is addressed it will be addressed when it is addressed but for now it is what it is... If you or anyone else does not like that .. I don't know what to tell you.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4113572 - 04/30/15 03:46 AM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

No worries Bearcat, we've come to understand that you don't give a crap about us or our opinions.

#4113577 - 04/30/15 04:14 AM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Don't put words in my mouth.. Your opinions are what they are. They are just as valid as mine as far as that goes.

#4113596 - 04/30/15 07:54 AM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Here we go again, you're trying to make this out as a personal argument as you have done before. Posting a picture of you with your grandson is irrelevant to what is being discussed and just a distraction. If you have been mentioned its because your actions have prompted those comments, instances such as your curt response to a customer or you locking down a discussion for no reason for example. You're not the only moderator at the official forums and any one of them could have moderated in the thread I linked to but nobody did.

That's one of the problems people see with the moderation, rules don't appear to be applied to everyone evenly and it depends on which side of the fence you sit on in the moderator's eyes. One group who appear to be fans of 1CGS are often only moderated when its brought up here as an example of the skewed moderation such as the thread I linked in this thread and the many others posted over the last few months. In the thread I linked in this thread you've only now gone back and edited posts attacking Raaaid but left Potenz post made days ago at the bottom of the first page which was probably the worst offender. You're not the only moderator so why is it now only you going in moderating after it was brought up here? some of those comments have stood for days.

#4113691 - 04/30/15 12:24 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: Revvin]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
You're not the only moderator at the official forums

He is the only activemoderator on the English part of the forum (and not so active in the last monthes for personal reasons, as he explained). Other moderators exceptionally moderate the forum when some posts are reported. Speaking for myself, I don't read the English forum any more since monthes.
That's facts.

Quote:
You're not the only moderator so why is it now only you going in moderating after it was brought up here?
Because he is... (the only active moderator on the English forum)...

You guys are funny (and that's why I come here from time to time to read the fantasy developped there...). Based on your own speculations, transformed into "truth" by the lack of any real opinion diversity (discouraged by forum lynching), you're building a fantasy world and feed it with more and more "proofs" supposed to come out of official forum shaked and twisted sentences and words.
It's actually very interesting to spectate the birth and growing of a sect....

#4113708 - 04/30/15 12:52 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Nice photo Bear!

If you're close, get closer.
#4113744 - 04/30/15 01:35 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: Ami7b5]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Rama
You're not the only moderator at the official forums

He is the only activemoderator on the English part of the forum (and not so active in the last monthes for personal reasons, as he explained). Other moderators exceptionally moderate the forum when some posts are reported. Speaking for myself, I don't read the English forum any more since monthes.
That's facts.

Quote:
You're not the only moderator so why is it now only you going in moderating after it was brought up here?
Because he is... (the only active moderator on the English forum)...

You guys are funny (and that's why I come here from time to time to read the fantasy developed there...). Based on your own speculations, transformed into "truth" by the lack of any real opinion diversity (discouraged by forum lynching), you're building a fantasy world and feed it with more and more "proofs" supposed to come out of official forum shaked and twisted sentences and words.
It's actually very interesting to spectate the birth and growing of a sect....

thumbsup

For the record.. That thread was brought to my attention by 3 people on the forum in the reports .. only one was referring to what was said to raaaid.. The thread was moderated because the posts were reported.. and the moderated posts were in need of moderation. I am certain that had I not gotten to it by the end of the day someone else eventually would have.. but like me most of the moderators have lives.. and while admins may pop in and moderate occasionally that is not their primary task.

Originally Posted By: Ami_
Nice photo Bear!

Thank you.. His dad who normally stays home with him during the day is MPD SWAT and he had to go up to Baltimore the night before last.. his mother, my daughter is a teacher so since I now have nothing but time on my hands for the duration I figured we'd bond a bit as he slimed me all day .. 8 months old.

#4113753 - 04/30/15 01:45 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Apparently then people need to report the unacceptable behavior by the "friendlies" so that they get smacked too.

Same thing happens on YouTube--you can get a video yanked because a few people working together can flag it as inappropriate or whatever, even if it's not, just because they ganged up on you. YT will drop it with complaints filed without really looking at it.

So flag the friendlies on the BoS forum every time they're mean to someone, since only reported posts are policed (and if they don't know English that well they likely won't understand the nuances of which side they're pro or anti). Obviously the friendlies report the posts they don't like all the time while no one else is reporting on them.
Change that.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4113767 - 04/30/15 01:57 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: Jedi Master]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Apparently then people need to report the unacceptable behavior by the "friendlies" so that they get smacked too.

Lol, yeah I can see that being acted on...

The faithful, and especially some of the inner group, can post anything they want slamming any negativity , because they know they can do it without repercussion. At most the thread will simply get locked.

Again it is their house, but this is the tone set from the top down obviously. I would have more respect for it, if it was done fairly for all, on both sides of the fence.

With the exception of the above, I do frequent the forums there still and enjoy keeping up with the sim's progress, as I still try to remain hopeful for the future. It is not yet where I , as a SP, want to actively fly it again yet, but hoping at some point it will be.

I do so wish, they would focus some on the SP shortcomings and change direction a little in that department.

Last edited by dburne; 04/30/15 02:12 PM.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4113786 - 04/30/15 02:19 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: Rama]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Speaking for myself, I don't read the English forum any more since monthes.
That's facts.

That's a fact? really? "since monthes"? because you have over 40 posts in the English speaking general discussion forum alone in March spread across a number of different topics including one where members complained about you posting aggressively and another where you seemed to remember you were a moderator when you said:

Better stop this childish attitude right now..... If not,I think will remember I have the moderation rights.

You appear to spend an awful lot of time in the English forums. As usual the critical threads or those who the developers/moderators see as critics are acted upon quickly and as we've seen in other examples including the one I posted in this thread where those who are seen as fans not following the forums rules the reaction is much slower, if any action at all. You can say people are building a fantasy world all you like but the actions of the moderators and developers are there to see and often quoted and linked to for others to form their own opinion rather than hidden or deleted as they often are on the official forums where one could also say a fantasy world is being created where everything is great and everyone is happy. Are we to take it the 'sect' jibe is just another in a litany of backhanded slights aimed at the community and SimHQ from the developers and moderators from the official forums?

Last edited by Revvin; 04/30/15 02:24 PM.
#4113802 - 04/30/15 02:38 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

This thread just gets funnier and funnier winkngrin

Cheers dakpilot

#4113836 - 04/30/15 03:40 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: Jedi Master]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

Same thing happens on YouTube--you can get a video yanked because a few people working together can flag it as inappropriate or whatever, even if it's not, just because they ganged up on you. YT will drop it with complaints filed without really looking at it.

So flag the friendlies on the BoS forum every time they're mean to someone, since only reported posts are policed (and if they don't know English that well they likely won't understand the nuances of which side they're pro or anti). Obviously the friendlies report the posts they don't like all the time while no one else is reporting on them.
Change that.
The Jedi Master

That is not true. That is your perception but it is not an accurate one. Not at all. Look at the thread in question. Every post in that thread that was edited was edited because of a report. In some cases PMs were made. What you are talking about is already happening.. in fact some folks in this very thread have been doing just that for years. As long as people keep their reports on the real tip.. on either side of the fence and don't try to inundate the mods with BS .. it will be looked at and addressed.. I don't always respond with an edit to every report that gets made from either side because in some cases.. IMO it is not a big deal, again.. from either perspective. You guys see what you want and will believe what you want .. but the facts speak for themselves.. all one has to do is read the threads and they will see edits across the board.

Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
This thread just gets funnier and funnier winkngrin
Cheers dakpilot

It does doesn't it...

#4113840 - 04/30/15 03:54 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Got to say, I have PC on pre-order and the more I see videos like this, the more I am satisfied with my decision:

Cheers, MP

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
#4113868 - 04/30/15 04:36 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Wow!! That looks fantastic!

#4113891 - 04/30/15 05:06 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
I can agree on that Bearcat.There are times in those videos that make it difficult to distinguish the graphics from R/L.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4113929 - 04/30/15 05:59 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Especially that bottom one.. I'df love to have a sim that looked like that and ran smooth as butter with up to 128 planes in the air..

#4113935 - 04/30/15 06:07 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Mysticpuma2003
Got to say, I have PC on pre-order and the more I see videos like this, the more I am satisfied with my decision:

Cheers, MP

I've been playing the alpha/beta for the past 2+ years and its a good racing game. in my opinion its not as realistic as say iRacing, rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa for example but knocks spots off those titles in terms of graphics. I paid into the crowd funding program early on and early builds were a little disappointing and felt quite 'arcadey' and a lot more like their previous NFS Shift games. However as time went on and they got people in like Ben Collins (formerly Top Gear's Stig) to advise them the physics and handling seem to have become a lot more realistic and a lot closer to games like Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2 and iRacing. The tin tops like the touring cars to me feel the least realistic compared to those other titles but cars like the Lotus 49 feel surprisingly close to the other titles I mentioned.

What is good is they manage to squeeze out such great visuals even on less than top end rigs and it has a lot of options for setting graphics and controls. BoS has very good control options in my opinion, perhaps more complex and more confusing to the average gamer than giving them a few graphics options. The best compromise would be a full custom graphics option screen for experienced users with presets that people could opt for if they are not sure or get into trouble configuring options, a couple of safe presets to default back to.

#4113973 - 04/30/15 07:03 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I can only say awesome!

#4114036 - 04/30/15 09:07 PM Re: "Project Cars" console will get custom graphic settings [Re: KodiakJac]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Wow, that is very impressive! I was very heavily into racing sims many years ago, and got burned out on them racing MP constantly. That is when I transitioned to flight simming, have not touched a racing sim in a long time.

Seeing this almost tempts me... almost...

Don

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.