Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Originally Posted By: - Ice

Jedi, the funny thing is that this game is NOT complex. You can download the rulebook from the Fantasy Flight website and that's all the rules, really. In fact, I've demo'ed the game a few times and I can say that I can teach a zero-knowledge newbie in 10 minutes. The game is very easy to learn --- basically, you pick a maneuver (movement) and "lock it in" by setting it on the movement dial. You do this for all your ships. Once both sides are done, ships move in ASCENDING pilot skill order, so pilots with a PS of 1 goes first, 2s goes next, and so on. After moving, each ship can do one action. Once movement is done, shooting comes in and ships shoot in DESCENDING pilot skill order, so pilots with a PS of 10 goes first, then 9s, etc. Attackers roll red dice depending on their attack skill, defenders roll green dice based on that ship's agility skill.

And so on and so forth until one side wins. Some cards come with special abilities and this is where most flavor of the game comes in. Just because you're flying an X-Wing doesn't mean it's the same as the other X-Wing. Luke has different abilities from Biggs, and different astromechs give different bonuses.

Ok, see that right there is EXACTLY what I mean as "complex". You're used to it and may not think it is...but it is!

The Jedi Master

Jedi,

I play with a basic game set (two Tie's and one X-wing) with my 7 years old twins, and they love it.
I started with the most basic rules and not using the dails and not using any upgrade cards. After a few games we're playing the standaard rules. And they know them better than I do... They: "No Dad!! you doing it wrong" Me: "euh, your right son.."

We start to use there Lego mini X-wing, Tie Interseptor and mini Falcon as extra ships. placed on little bases from Lego and cards printed from the internet. lot's of fun!

i7 4770K @3.50Ghz - 16GB - 256 SSD - R9-280X - CH Hotas- 27"LG - Obutto Rev3