Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4095600 - 03/23/15 04:47 PM Convertible research points...  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK

What do you guys do with your convertible research points?

To use them you have to use your in game currency I believe?

At the moment I have something like 450 thousand of the damn things, but I don't want to use 'Golden Eagles'
Is there another way to convert this stuff?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4095601 - 03/23/15 04:50 PM Re: Convertible research points... [Re: Trooper117]  
Sethos88 Offline
Sethos88  Offline

Denmark
Those are designed specifically to be converted with Golden Eagles, at a very poor ratio I might add. I just pretend it isn't there.

#4095605 - 03/23/15 04:59 PM Re: Convertible research points... [Re: Trooper117]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I suspected as much.... I can't imagine a scenario where anyone 'actually' uses the function, lol!
Thanks for the answer! smile

#4095689 - 03/23/15 07:47 PM Re: Convertible research points... [Re: Trooper117]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
I think such games never really has to do this, but it's another enticement for players to spend money on the game so it's there for that purpose.

Thankfully, it seems like I'm progressing at an acceptable pace so there's not much temptation for me on that end. Improving crew levels though.... +50 is hard to resist!

- Ice
#4097636 - 03/26/15 11:44 PM Re: Convertible research points... [Re: Trooper117]  
Moose1am Offline
Moose1am  Offline

SW Indiana
Can anyone figure out when the gaming industry figured out that they could make more money by selling new airplanes to the gamers? I played fight sim type WWII games that cost $20/month and had unlimited access to over 100 different type of planes and 5 different countries that I could choose from without paying any additional Money. I was out of gaming for many years and when I came back I the developers of War Thunder (Gaigen)have it set up to where I have to pay to repair my plane, pay to by ammo for my plane. Pay to train the mechanics that fix my plane, pay to train the pilot to see better and to handle more G's and etc. and etc.

I bought the bait and paid to get a Mustang in order to have a better plane and not have to start out flying WWI type planes. And when I tried to enter the SB room I found out that the USA was not allowed in the current SB rotation. That did it for me. I'm cheap I guess and don't like being nickeled and dimed to death.

One thing I did like about War Thunder is the graphics and the game play is pretty fluid most of the time. But the monetary system with Golden Eagles and Silver Lions and research points is not my cup of tea.

I'm just glad that I found a place where I can truly speak my mind about the game. In the WT forums you get booted and disciplined for looking at the monitors cross eyed. The developers are Russian and hard to communicate with according to some folks in the game. I see a lot of people in the chat room being blocked from speaking or typing messages. And they will ban people from the forums if they criticize the developers or moderators. And then they allow "mouse aim" which negates learning how to use a joystick because with mouse aim they also have a flight instructor that makes the game very arcadish. The game pretty much makes it impossible for the plane to stall due to bad angle of attack or low speeds. IE the computer actually takes over and flies the plane for the player allowing them to just move the mouse around to aim while the plane is flown for them. To me that's foreign. And the flight sim for some of the planes is harder than what I remember playing in the past with other games. The planes sites don't stay steady and they make it very hard to aim and hit an enemy plane. The bullets drop more than in my older WWII flight sim games that I was used to. Maybe it's because the game and my newer computer won't let me use my old Microsoft Sidewinder Force FeedBack Joystick. My old joystick requires a sound card and won't connect to my computer via a USB cable. So I had to get a new joystick. I chose the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro as I was not sure I would want to play games much anymore and didn't want to spend a fortune on a new joystick. If the game was better I'd have spent more money on a HOTSA system and maybe I could control the plane easier. The twist stick on the Logitech makes it hard to aim without applying rudder to the input while flying.

I stopped playing my old WWII Combat type flight sim because the developers updated the graphics making my old computer lag to much. By the time I decided to update my computer the developers shut down the game I loved to play. So I was stuck looking for a new game. I thought that WT was going to be that game at first until I learned more about the game. The more I learned the more disappointed I became.

Oh well maybe I should play tanks or wait until they develop Naval ships. smile

Regards,

Moose1am
#4097881 - 03/27/15 02:02 PM Re: Convertible research points... [Re: Trooper117]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
Moose old chap,I suppose in our world of flight simulation 777 (Rise of Flight) started the P2P ball rolling. I imagine it had to happen as this genre costs so much to develop compared to others, and therefore I suppose we must be grateful for having any new flight sims at all. One only has to see the number of players on line in WT & WoP compared to BoS or even IL2 1946 to see that this is perhaps the only path to follow.
Don't get me wrong; I'm not a fanboy of WT, I gave up on the aviation side some time ago due to it's bizarre structure, but if we didn't have chaps spending their hard-earned (or their daddy's) cash, we wouldn't have the so far promising and enjoyable Ground Forces mode.

Have you considered IL2 1946? Although now 15 years old, the talented and dedicated community have modded it over the years so that it still looks well up to modern standards with a huge stable of planes, missions campaigns and maps. Together with a good number of online servers and squads, it's well worth a gander mate.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.