Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4096710 - 03/25/15 12:01 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: Tango717]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Thanks a lot, Tango!

Originally Posted By: Tango717
Now that I have WOFF operating well on my system, I am practicing combat and landing.
I am poor at dog fighting so I'm going back to training for awhile before starting a fresh campaign.
I thought in QC I would gradually increase the number of my wing men (to 4-5) and the opposing wing men
and gradually increase their rating to veteran or ace.

That is a good method to get ready for the bloody part of it, Tango.
The RL pilots had their training first too (when they were lucky enough),
and it might save you from a lot of frustration - there will still be
plenty of that anyway.
Since you name your town in your avatar, I feel free to use it and add you
to our OFF Forum Pilots Maps, if you don't mind.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4096724 - 03/25/15 12:39 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
In no particular Order. All these have permanent place on my hard drive.

Combat Mission Red Thunder, Black Sea and Beyond Normandy.

Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm.

World War 2 Europe.

Command Ops Bulge, HTTR and COTA

Steam and Iron.

Crusader Kings 2.

Wasteland 2.

Divinity Original Sin.

Silent Hunter 5 (with a mod soup).

Project Zomboid.

Red Orchestra 2.

ARMA 3.

Squad Battles First World War, Red Victory and Advance of the Reich.

World War 1 Gold\ Centennial.

Dominions 4.

Ultimate General Gettysburg.

The Operational Art of War 3.

Graviteam Tactics Op Star and DLC.

Tigers Unleashed (On the team as a tester some art and general ideas person...long term project)

Off the computer ..Car Wars and NUTS!. Looking forward to Tiger Leader and Fields of Fire 2nd edition.

Last edited by Wodin; 03/25/15 03:23 PM.
#4096739 - 03/25/15 12:57 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
Ah, we have some TWers, here :-)
I often play a Mod of Rome:TW called "Amazons: Refulgent".
I stumbled over this Game during Research for my own Comic-Book-Series "THEMISKYRA!" (but since this is an 18+ Comic, it doesn't belong here). I was amazed about the Density of archaeological Evidence on Amazons, Weaponry and early antique Life in general, they implemented in the Game. I had a Chat with one of the Devs, turned out most of them are Scientists, one is even an antique Weapons Instructor (or something like that, I forgot the exact Term...)
The only Downsides are, that they have mixed in one or two purely theoretical Weapons without branding them theoretical - a special "Double Bow" for example. I'm shooting historical Bows for Sport, and we discussed for a considerable Time, whether this Weapon does make any sense at all. Let's just say, we have different Opinions ;-)
Also, the Game's Timeframe should be a lot earlier (we roughly had 50% Matriarchies in the late Stone- early Copperage, so one would have had more Amazon-Cultures (i.e. Warrior-Women-Cultures) to choose from, then)
...but an earlier Timeframe would have meant less freaky Weapons - and that's where the Fun comes from LOL
You know what I mean, when you see a Charge of the Armour-Clad-Linked-Heavy-Cavalry-Lawnmower tanksalot

Last edited by Nietzsche; 03/25/15 01:01 PM.
#4096777 - 03/25/15 02:11 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
What type of bows do you shoot, Neitzsche?
I like the shoter length and looks of a recurve, but hit better with a longbow.

#4096779 - 03/25/15 02:13 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
Tango717 Offline
Tango717  Offline

Abbotsford,BC
Thanks Olham, go right ahead and add me.

Usually when I fly for Germany I always say I'm from Berlin (like you are) or Dresden.

Tango

#4096802 - 03/25/15 02:54 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
Most of the Time I'm shooting an Assyrian Chariot Bow of the 3rd Period @ca. 50lbs - very precise but a little awkward. I'd like to have one of the 1st Period (the ones that look fully drawn like a perfect Triangle), but I don't know anyone who builds/sells these Things...
For speedy, intuitive Shooting I use a late Amazon-Roxolanian Bow @ca. 60lbs. The Shape is a Hybrid of the Scythian and the Anatolian Designs (you can see the Influences of these Cultures very well, here)
Incredibly smooth and really a point-and-hit-Bow.
I also have a Roman Infantry Bow @ca. 35lbs. It's Fun to shoot, but not really 1rst Choice for serious Competition...
Longbows are soooo cool :-D
A Friend of mine shoots one of those @ 120lbs - I can barely draw it half Way through LOL
The Arrows, he uses, look more like Broomsticks and sound like an Axeblow, when they hit something :-O
...if they hit something... 120lbs are not really good for Precision LOL

#4096831 - 03/25/15 03:57 PM Re: OT: What other "games" you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
johnnydrake Offline
johnnydrake  Offline

Prairies of western Canada
1....Il2 1946 updated to 4.12.1 (Steam) with Mods from Mission4today
2. BOBII 4.11 (will not operate on Windows 8 or 8.1 ( is on my backup computer)
3. Rof
4 Wings over Vietnam-Europe
5.Total War RomeII
6. Napolean Total War
7 Pacific War (Matrix Games)
note BOS and CLOD...will not play them. They are a bit of a joke with their linear campaign? and arcade unlockables.

#4096859 - 03/25/15 04:42 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
Paarma78 Offline
Paarma78  Offline

Helsinki, Finland
1. Verdun
2. Heroes & Generals
3. Battlefield 4

#4096870 - 03/25/15 05:08 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
JimAttrill Offline
JimAttrill  Offline

Johannesburg, South Africa
Sorry to be so boring, but the first game I played was "Wings of Glory". I still have the CD and the books for it. I don't play it because it is such a pain to set up a DOS game. That must have been in about 1985 and I never played another game of any sort until I discovered OFF a couple of years ago. I was a good flier in WOG but WOFF has me beat - possibly because it is more like real flying and these crates from a hundred years ago were not easy to fly.

My only real joystick time was firstly an 'Air Experience' flight in a DHC Chipmunk at RAF Halton. Boy, was that thing twitchy! And I did once fly a Harrier accidentally when ground running with the nozzles down (doing an illegal acceleration check) when I forgot to check the fuel load and the thing took off vertically out of the chocks much to the amazement of the guy on the headset/fire extinguisher. I was hands and feet off looking at the RPM gauge and the stopwatch. I slammed the throttle shut and it landed back in the chocks. So I have a couple of seconds to put in my log book!

(it only had 500lb of fuel on board biggrin )

LG 27" 27mp65 monitor; EVGA GTX970 GPU; AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU; Corsair 750w PSU; MSI X470 mobo

RAF 1966-73 Cpl Engine Fitter (Retd.) Trenchard brat 206th Entry
DBA and systems programmer 1981-2005. Now retired since 2014
#4096890 - 03/25/15 05:36 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
WoFF V2 I'm going for the FokkerS and skin pack, so this will be completed.
RoF nearly everting
Il2-BoS not much
Il2-Clod ATAG not much
CFS3 MAW not much
And I'm trying to re-install RB3d with the Imap.

And I have lots of other Flysims like Blazing Angles/Flying Corps Gold/Ace of Dawn/Il2-1946/BOBII/First Eagles/Wings of War/ACM1918/OFF2&3.

Always trying the WW2 scene but I'm a real WW1 fan.

#4096919 - 03/25/15 06:26 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: Olham]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Olham
How do you mean: OTHER games? WOFF is not a game!

As this Forum indicates...it's a way of life.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
#4096964 - 03/25/15 08:29 PM Re: OT: What other "games" you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
ROF
FSX, especially A2A planes
DCS (although still sore from the whole Ilya kickstarter rape. They lured me in with promise of a 262...)
CLOD w/ TF
B-17II
SH4
SH5
AOEIII
TS2015
Scratches
Safecracker

Actually, I have ten billion Steam games but I'm not going to list them all. "Ten billion" will have to suffice.

I was early access for BOS from day one, prior to bait/switch. Since then, uninstalled it and won't touch BOM. They do a PTO I'd be interested, but I also fear the rubbish it would be, too. I also fear what they'll do to any ROFII, if they even bother to take it to that level.

Finding time for just a few hours a week for any of this is difficult. WOFF and ROF are what I reach for first, and that A2A B-17G is awesome to fly! (My kingdom for a new WW2 bomber sim, or USN-based PTO sim.) I get more time in summer when the daily schedule loosens in the morning and I don't have to go to be as early. (Up by 0600 so I try to be in bed by 0030-0100. Add an hour to each side of that in summer.)

#4096971 - 03/25/15 08:49 PM Re: OT: What other "games" you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
WOFF is the only flight sim I play often these days. I have FS9 and FSX installed, but I haven't touched them in ages. I could never get the settings in FSX so that I was comfortable with it anyway.

Outside of flight sims;

Europa Barbarorum II (a Medieval 2: Total War mod)
I used to play a lot of Star Wars the Old Republic, but I've grown bored of it now and haven't touched it in months.
Elite Dangerous. I only got this the other week though.

#4097063 - 03/26/15 01:42 AM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: Adger]  
busdriver Offline
busdriver  Offline

Originally Posted By: Adger
No problem Busdriver..I installed with zero problems,just waiting for the new updated campaigns now from Monty thumbsup

I'm downloading Module #1 at the moment. Read the CUP user's guide...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...so many Beaufighters and Mosquitos. Don't think I'll install Module #2 DOF. I think WOFF is simply too good.

#4097071 - 03/26/15 01:50 AM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: CatKnight]  
busdriver Offline
busdriver  Offline

Originally Posted By: CatKnight
Now that it's baseball season, I've loaded up Out of the Park 16. OOTP is a text(ish) game - you create the strategy, make trades and so forth rather than try to hit the ball or field like in some other games.

I played Strat-O-Matic Baseball for many years, but stopped about a decade ago. Diamond Mind Baseball has intrigued me for a number of years, but I've not taken the plunge. Have you tried DMB? Any opinion on it?

#4097092 - 03/26/15 02:47 AM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: busdriver]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted By: busdriver
Originally Posted By: Adger
No problem Busdriver..I installed with zero problems,just waiting for the new updated campaigns now from Monty thumbsup

I'm downloading Module #1 at the moment. Read the CUP user's guide...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...so many Beaufighters and Mosquitos. Don't think I'll install Module #2 DOF. I think WOFF is simply too good.

Ive downloaded all parts Busdriver but i agree pal WOFF is all we need for our WW1 fix. thumbsup

Edit: really looking forward to some of Montys WW2 campaigns for CUP

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4097105 - 03/26/15 03:58 AM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
WOKI Offline
WOKI  Offline

the most online game i play is Red Orchestra with Darkest Hour Online( i play on Good Guys Tank server or 29th server) and Killing Floor

and the rest of time play single or campaign mode :

- Combat Mission Normandy, Market Garden, Commonwealth, Red thunder
- Strike Fighters 2
- CFS3 ETO
- CFS2
- WOFF
- Wings of prey
- Rise of Flight
- DCS Flamming cliffs 2 with addon
- BOB 2 (but unfortunately it won't work propperly now with my win 8.1 frown )
- Silent Hunter 3 with mod
- Operation Flashpoint with world war 2 mod
- Sudden Strike with BT7 / RWM mod
- Blitzkrieg 1 with so many mods
- Panzer Elite with mods
- Ghost Recon 1 with many addons
- European Air War with mods
- Men of War Assault 2 with (FPS mod)
- Steel Fury Kharkov with addon
- T-34 vs Tiger with MMP7 mod
- Iron Front 1944 with ARMA 3 engine
- Panzer corps with Ostfront, Afrika and pacific mods
- Heroes might & Magic 3 HD
- Soldiers Heroes of world war 2 with mods
- War leaders clash of nations
etc

Last edited by WOKI; 03/26/15 04:17 AM.
#4097138 - 03/26/15 05:49 AM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: busdriver]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
Originally Posted By: busdriver
Originally Posted By: CatKnight
Now that it's baseball season, I've loaded up Out of the Park 16. OOTP is a text(ish) game - you create the strategy, make trades and so forth rather than try to hit the ball or field like in some other games.

I played Strat-O-Matic Baseball for many years, but stopped about a decade ago. Diamond Mind Baseball has intrigued me for a number of years, but I've not taken the plunge. Have you tried DMB? Any opinion on it?

I also played Strat-o-Matic once upon a time. I loved that game!

I've looked in on DMB a few times, as it's supposed to be a really great single season simulator. I've never taken the plunge however, as OOTP can do single season fairly well, career mode (multiple seasons, trades, etc.) very well and fictional if I want to go there. Plus, DMB wants up to $25 for a single season, while OOTP will give me everything from 1871 on up (with some quirks until 1901) for $35.

#4097380 - 03/26/15 03:46 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: Hauksbee]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted By: Hauksbee
Originally Posted By: Olham
How do you mean: OTHER games? WOFF is not a game!

As this Forum indicates...it's a way of life.

I play WOFF and WOFF. The rest of the time I play WOFF.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4097549 - 03/26/15 08:17 PM Re: OT: What other games you fly/play? [Re: ArisFuser]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
I don't get much time to play anything anymore. Spurts here and there. Besides WOFF, I might fire up Skyrim, Rift or WoW on occasion. I haven't flown RoF in while now. I used to fly Wings of Prey but can't get it to work anymore since they killed the sign in connection at yuplay. Considering getting Dragon Age 3: Inquisition. Not sure when I'd have the time to play it though, but it does look good.

On the plus side of all the work hours, I'm finally credit card and consolidation loan debt free. Just house and car payment left and I'm hoping to pay off the car in about a year and a half. So at least I'm trying to put the work hours to good use.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM