Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4095069 - 03/22/15 03:54 AM BMS has stopped working  
RockEye Offline
RockEye  Offline

oklahoma city
I had to take some time off of flying because of work and every time I load BMS I get the error "BMS has stopped working". Any ideas?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4095117 - 03/22/15 10:32 AM Re: BMS has stopped working [Re: RockEye]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Clean wipe and re-install?

- Ice
#4095172 - 03/22/15 01:14 PM Re: BMS has stopped working [Re: RockEye]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: RockEye
I had to take some time off of flying because of work and every time I load BMS I get the error "BMS has stopped working". Any ideas?

Need more details to help you:

-Any updates to your system (especially the GPU drivers) since your time-off from BMS?

-Any mod or hardware changes?

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4095250 - 03/22/15 04:38 PM Re: BMS has stopped working [Re: RockEye]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Lol, yeah.

"The game has stopped working. How do I fix it?"

Reply: "Works fine for me!"

mycomputer

- Ice
#4095893 - 03/24/15 02:34 AM Re: BMS has stopped working [Re: RockEye]  
Comet Offline
Comet  Offline

I wouldn't make fun of him :-/
He faces a situation that makes no sense, and asks a question to try and understand. The question sounds silly to you because you don't know what he is talking about.

For me BMS has gone from working to crashing status three (3) times already. All by itself. Did I change something overnight? No. And I know what I talk about.
One day BMS works, turn off, go to bed, and the next evening it crashes on startup (or when you enter the Setup screen at best).
Did something change when I wasn't looking? Hell no, the Windows Update service is disabled, I'm offline, I haven't installed or removed a thing. And the damn computer has been off for a good 16 hours. Does it make sense? -> FAQ no. But BMS is crashing all the same.
(and why only and always BMS of all things on this computer? -- heh)

Uninstall and reinstall is a way to reset it.

The C:\Windows\Prefetch folder *can* also have something to do with it. When a game (or other program) suddenly exibits behaviors different from the usual, it may (or may not) help to wipe that game-related files from the prefetch.
In case of BMS you would look for files named something like "LAUNCHER.EXE-A8DE6D5B.pf", "CONFIG.EXE-62E8A980.pf", "Falcon BMS.EXE-BE9AC2DF.pf" (I made-up names for the sake of this example).

If in doubt you can empty the folder completely. Windows will slowly repopulate it as you use your programs.
Actually it's good practice to periodically wipe the prefetch, as it gathers junk and out-of-date data easily.

I never finish anyth
#4095995 - 03/24/15 11:47 AM Re: BMS has stopped working [Re: Comet]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: Comet
He faces a situation that makes no sense, and asks a question to try and understand. The question sounds silly to you because you don't know what he is talking about.

For me BMS has gone from working to crashing status three (3) times already. All by itself. Did I change something overnight? No. And I know what I talk about.
One day BMS works, turn off, go to bed, and the next evening it crashes on startup (or when you enter the Setup screen at best).
Did something change when I wasn't looking? Hell no, the Windows Update service is disabled, I'm offline, I haven't installed or removed a thing. And the damn computer has been off for a good 16 hours. Does it make sense? -> FAQ no. But BMS is crashing all the same.
(and why only and always BMS of all things on this computer? -- heh)

Uninstall and reinstall is a way to reset it.

The C:\Windows\Prefetch folder *can* also have something to do with it. When a game (or other program) suddenly exibits behaviors different from the usual, it may (or may not) help to wipe that game-related files from the prefetch.
In case of BMS you would look for files named something like "LAUNCHER.EXE-A8DE6D5B.pf", "CONFIG.EXE-62E8A980.pf", "Falcon BMS.EXE-BE9AC2DF.pf" (I made-up names for the sake of this example).

If in doubt you can empty the folder completely. Windows will slowly repopulate it as you use your programs.
Actually it's good practice to periodically wipe the prefetch, as it gathers junk and out-of-date data easily.

Isn't prefetch pointless for those using SSDs, as there's not really any "fetching" of data to do, at least relative to a HDD which takes a second to spool up and find data. I could swear windows automatically disables it for SSDs now too. Not sure if OP is using an SSD, it's more of a side question

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4096045 - 03/24/15 01:21 PM Re: BMS has stopped working [Re: Comet]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Comet

Sorry, I'm not making fun of HIM but rather the way the question was phrased.... and the many times such responses are given to such questions. To RockEye: no offense meant and I apologize if I've offended.

The point still remains though: Need more info to help him.

I do know what he is talking about --- the program does not work as intended. But that's all we **DO** know. The question is silly because:
> When was the last time the program worked correctly? Update 4? 5? 6?
> When exactly does the program do an error? Straight away after clicking Launch? On the 2D map? When going into 3D?
> What is his system specs? Has he changed anything? Upgraded something, perhaps?
> And so on and so forth.

See how the question now sounds silly given the information supplied?

- Ice
#4101975 - 04/05/15 06:55 PM Re: BMS has stopped working [Re: RockEye]  
Violatorf16 Offline
Violatorf16  Offline

Denmark
Have had the same issue. Mine was caused by installing freefalcon6. Uninstalled both. Ran a reg cleaner. I use AML free regcleaner. Reinstalled BMS with all updates, and everything was smooth again. Now where did i put my config file so I dont need to map buttons and axis again? AAAAARRRGH, forgot. My logbook also gone.
Well just have a fresh start then banghead

Hope this helps.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.