Hop To
Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29
#4044109 - 12/01/14 09:40 PM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: FlyingMonkey]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Originally Posted By: FlyingMonkey
What else are they going to promise next?

I am pretty sure they will promise life time insurance for a limited time only, saying "buy now as LTI will never be offered again".

6 months later they will offer more ships on sale with LTI

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4044183 - 12/02/14 12:06 AM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

*pow* right in the kisser! smile

#4089297 - 03/08/15 05:26 PM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Wedge]  
nats Offline
nats  Offline

Pocklington UK
Originally Posted By: Wedge
Is this game a money pit? It seems like a modern day FSX, but only in outer space. You purchase the main game with a basic ship, but if you want additional high end ships those have to be purchased separately at a premium price. For example with FSX paying 50+ bucks for a PMDG made 747. Oh and then purchase non-transferable insurance on top of that?

Well with the original games like Privateer you got to be able to upgrade to other ships by buying them in the game like Elite Dangerous and I was assuming that would be the case with this game. But this would mean those people who have bought ships for thousands of dollars in some cases would be very annoyed if the ship they bought was playable in the game for free. So I dont know.

If this game does have buyable ships only then surely you will be stuck with only one ship until you pay more for another. So I cant see that working either. Surely you must be able to upgrade to other ships and not just have to stay with one?

So basically I have no idea how this game is going to work and I will look at it properly when it gets released. But I very much doubt the game will be any good. This could be the biggest game rip off in history in which case Chris Roberts will probably end up dead of a heart attack. Or this game will end up being superb but I just cannot see that happening because time is not available to them to enable that.

Unfortunately the way I see it Roberts has built a massive rod for his back and his is damned whatever happens to the game. The game certainly can in no way live up to the expectation being piled onto it. I know I wont buy it unless I can upgrade to all of the ships for free and I know it will most likely be terrible game because the laws of averages are against this being any good.

Interesting but this could be a massive failure for space sims games. Thankfully we have a very promising Elite Dangerous. Thank god for British sensibleness! One thing is for sure though after seeing how much money has been chucked at this game developers and publishers will be lining up to make their own space sim games. So at least something good will come out of this mess whatever Star Citizen turns out like.

But I do feel very sorry for Chris Roberts, I dont see how he can win out of this. I hope he enjoys his money whilst he can.

Last edited by nats; 03/08/15 05:28 PM.

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!"

AMD Phenom II X6 (6x2.8Ghz Six Core) 12GB DDR3 RAM Nvidea Ti550 1Gb Graphics Card MS Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 Joystick Windows 10 64bit

Games that I am playing:
Elite: Dangerous
Making History: The Great War
Strike Fighters II: Europe
Hearts of Iron 3
Fallout 4
Waterloo
#4089322 - 03/08/15 06:17 PM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Any ship will be able to be obtained in-game (ie. bought with in-game currency, aka "UEE credits"). A rare one (ie. Vanduul Scythe) may be hard to find/obtain, but not impossible.

People purchasing ships with real currency are doing it to:

1. Obtain the ships sooner, without having to spend lots of time earning enough UEE credits to buy them in-game. Some folks want to get a jump start on playing the career/story of their choice. Some folks like to collect ships.

2. Support further development of Star Citizen.

Those purchases of additional ships is not required to play. You could purchase the $30 Aurora MR Starter package, and never spend another dime of real currency, if that is your desire. (They even had an anniversary sale for $20 to get in for awhile there.)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR

Star Citizen is crowd funded. There is no 3rd party publisher shoveling money (with strings attached) to CIG. The ship sales for real currency help fund the continuing development, and enable additions/improvements to be made.

Total funding is up around $75 million at this point. There are hundreds of people spread out over multiple studios working on various aspects of this. CIG puts out plenty of information on a regular basis to keep the backers informed of how development is coming along:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link

I doubt that anyone needs to feel sorry for Chris Roberts. He is getting to build the game he has been dreaming of for years, without having a publisher handcuff his design decisions or jack him around on meeting deadlines.

#4089445 - 03/09/15 02:24 AM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

What CyBerkut said. Haters going to hate but honestly I have a lot of money in this game and have not been disappointed yet. I dont think the game will tank and once it is release I bet it will be a very popular game to play.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14566-Reintroducing-The-Aegis-Retaliator

and new damage states.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14568-Design-The-New-Damage-System

#4091968 - 03/14/15 02:32 AM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
This week, all flyable ships are available to "Test Drive":

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14586-Test-Drive-All-Flyable-Ships

Quote:

Greetings Citizens,

For the next week every ship currently flyable in Arena Commander is unlocked for all backers! Just like all our Free Flight weeks it is a thank you, but also provides valuable testing. Here is the list of flyable ships:

300i
315p
325a
350r
Aurora CL
Aurora ES
Aurora LN
Aurora LX
Aurora MR
Avenger
F7C Hornet
F7C-M Super Hornet
F7C-R Tracker
F7C-S Ghost
M50 Interceptor
Mustang Alpha
Mustang Beta
Mustang Delta
Mustang Gama
Mustang Omega
Cutlass Black

Be sure to try out as many as you can! Thank you citizens.

smile

To make all of the ships visible in your hangar,

- Go to "My RSI"
- Go to your Hangar Configuration
- Reinitialize to remove all the ships for designated parking slots on the right side
- Save (with the slots left empty

Load the game, and all of the ships will be parked in your (probably much larger) hangar.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 03/14/15 02:37 AM. Reason: added instructions
#4094873 - 03/21/15 02:51 PM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
Quickcord Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord
Quickcord  Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord

Maryland
New version released which requires uninstalling the old version. Patch notes here: Version 1.1 update

Quickcord

NZXT Phantom 630 Case
AMD FX 8350
16GB Corsair Vengence, ASUS Crosshair Formula Z
RX480, Samsung 840 Pro 128 Gig SSD, WD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850w PSU
#4094887 - 03/21/15 03:16 PM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
Tigerwulf Offline
Tigerwulf  Offline

Wolverhampton, England
Originally Posted By: Master
What CyBerkut said. Haters going to hate but honestly I have a lot of money in this game and have not been disappointed yet. I dont think the game will tank and once it is release I bet it will be a very popular game to play.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14566-Reintroducing-The-Aegis-Retaliator

and new damage states.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14568-Design-The-New-Damage-System

Wow that new damage model is insane! I love the transfer of energy to the ships in space.

#4094909 - 03/21/15 05:02 PM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Downloading now.

Just got my controller (x55) working with this last week.

Will have to try some of the multiplayer features, I think you can drop into an instance with your contacts. You can add contacts now from in game, or the web site.

#4095727 - 03/23/15 08:42 PM Re: StarCitizen News [Re: Master]  
kestrel79 Offline
kestrel79  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
How's 1.1 so far?

Freeflight landing sounds interesting.

Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.