Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4091132 - 03/12/15 01:52 PM The Nigerian plot thickens...  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Saw this in my work mail

Quote:
Attention Unpaid Beneficiary

My Name is Miss.Caroline Owen, 28 years old,a citizen of Ghana.I am a computer analyst currently working with Central Bank of Nigeria.

I just started working with Central Bank of Nigeria. (C.B.N.) My Dear,I came across your payment file which was Marked X and your Fund Release Hard Disk Painted Red,I took my time to study your payment file and found out that you have really attempted to receive the funds without success till now.

The most annoying thing is that the directors and top officials of this nation could not tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the fund to you; instead they will let you spend money unnecessarily.

I swear with my life, I can release this funds to you if you can certify me of my security and how I can run away from this country to meet with you.

This is like a Mafia Setting here,if I do this for you, I do not intend to work here all the days of my life and I cannot run back to Ghana as this Bank have my home address in Ghana, and if I don't run away after I making the transfer to your bank account,I may be in trouble or my life will be in danger.

The only thing I will need to release this fund is a Special Hard Disk, we call it HD120 GIG.

The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG YOU WILL BUY ME THE TWO OF THE DISK FOR THE TRANSFER,and i will recopy your information,destroy the previous one,and punch the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours.

I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from here to meet with you in your country if you are interested.

If you are interested to buy the HARD DISK for me there or here for the transfer,do get in touch with me immediately and send to me the below information's:

Your Full Names:
Your Address:
Your Phone Number:
Your Country:
Your Age:

Regards,

Miss,Caroline Owen
Computer Analyst
Central Bank of Nigeria

This lady/man sounds like he-she's in real trouble, I'll send payment ASAP

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4091134 - 03/12/15 01:54 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
wow ...sounds absolutely legit to me biggrin

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4091138 - 03/12/15 01:58 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

lol...so she has your full bank account information and file, but she needs your name, address, and phone number.

Totally makes sense.

#4091139 - 03/12/15 01:59 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I just cant fathom how these scam artists think that their emails could be possibly seen as legitimate. I guess maybe a 5 year old would fall for it?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4091142 - 03/12/15 02:05 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Perhaps I should send a reply using a secondary Hotmail account? Being the ravishing young British SAS sniper that I am perhaps if she can maker her way to our secret camp in Liberia we can get her the aid she needs.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4091146 - 03/12/15 02:07 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I'm glad he/she/it provided the bank's acronym immediately following the bank's name. I was starting to think her place of employment was made up.

I'd be careful though. I think you're dealing with a inter-dimensional being as it refers to itself as "we" in a couple of places like, "The only thing I will need to release this fund is a Special Hard Disk, we call it HD120 GIG". Read between the lines. This email has legion written all over it.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4091147 - 03/12/15 02:08 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Cold_Gambler Offline
Cold_Gambler  Offline

Actually, it seems pretty smart to me.

The letter is clearly targeted at people who have ALREADY been victim of the 409 scam. You'd think "once bitten, twice shy", but by targeting the especially gullible with a story that plays off the first scam this is actually fairly sophisticated.

looks very modernishy-phoney-windows eighty-tabletty like

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 // i5 2500k @4.3 GHz with Noctua NH-D14 // nvidia gtx 780 // 8 GB DDR3 1600 //Win7 home 64 bit //450 GB VelociRaptor //Recon3D Champion
#4091149 - 03/12/15 02:10 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline
Comrade_Hedgehog  Offline

The Sticks, England.
Miss Caroline Owen?
How Delightfully English, I say!

Not Miss Kwalita Nngogoba? smile
That sounds a bit more Ghanaian.

Spam the Spammmers!

Its not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about.
But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4091210 - 03/12/15 04:22 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

I get these every week and sometimes they are titled from the FBI.gov in the sender line.

When they do that, I just forward the email to the FBI.

Really I do!

#4091221 - 03/12/15 04:43 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Be wary. I got caught in one of these things. They promised if I sent $5,000 to establish the account for transferring, they would transfer in $5,000,000 which would result in me receiving $2,000,000. Well they lied ! They only gave me $1,250,000. So they cheated me out of $750,000 dollars of what I was promised and didn't return the $5,000 I sent to open the account.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4091226 - 03/12/15 04:48 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Its been discovered that all of these emails can be traced back to Mrs. Clinton's personal server.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4091230 - 03/12/15 04:55 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Wireman Offline
Lurker Extraordinaire
Wireman  Offline
Lurker Extraordinaire
Hotshot

The First State, USA
It's a dude.

#4091468 - 03/12/15 10:24 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Got a great one from a FBI agent a couple of weeks ago.
And this one.
Ha suckers I am going to be rich. Rich I tell you.Lol

Note that your validation payment of $25,000,000.00USD is ready, your payment will be sent to you via ATM VisaCard.

Advice your receiving address and a valid mobile phone number/home line for merit reach.

FYI: You will be contacted with further details as soon as your information are correctly provided, contact Sir. Jerry Wilson via (Jerrywilson01@hotmail.com)

Thank you,
Monica Anaston
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Publishers Clearing House (PCH) is a direct marketing company that markets merchandise and magazine subscriptions with sweepstakes, prize-based game, search, and lottery websites.

Publishers Clearing House was founded in 1953 by Harold Mertz to replace door-to-door magazine subscription sales by a single vendor offering multiple subscriptions by mail. It introduced its sweepstakes in 1967. In the early 1990s the company was the subject of concerns and legal actions regarding whether consumers were misled about their odds of winning the sweepstakes and whether purchases increased their chances. By 2010 the company had reached settlements with all 50 states.

The company acquired search company Blingo in 2006,[6] online gaming company Funtank in 2010, and mobile marketing company Liquid Wireless in 2012.

Found the FBI one. classic

Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

JAMES B. COMEY

Feb 26

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Counter-terrorism Division and Cyber Crime Division
J. Edgar. Hoover Building Washington DC
JAMES B. COMEY

Attention Beneficiary,

Records show that you are among one of the individuals and organizations who are yet to receive their overdue payment

from overseas which includes those of Lottery/Gambling,Contract and Inheritance. Through our Fraud Monitory Unit we

have noticed that you have been transacting with some impostors and fraudsters who have been impersonating the likes

of Prof. Soludo/Mr.Lamido Sanusi of the Central Bank Of Nigeria, Mr. Patrick Aziza, Bode Williams, Frank, Anderson,

none officials of Oceanic Bank, Zenith Banks, Kelvin Young of HSBC, Ben of FedEx, Ibrahim Sule, Dr. Usman Shamsuddeen

and some impostors claiming to be The Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The Cyber Crime Division of the FBI gathered information from the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) on how some

people have lost outrageous sums of money to these impostors. As a result of this, we hereby advise you to stop

communication with any one not referred to you by us. We have negotiated with the Federal Ministry of Finance that

your payment totaling $5,900,000.00(Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Dollars). will be released to you via a custom

pin based ATM card with a maximum withdrawal limit of $15,000 a day which is powered by Visa Card and can be used

anywhere in the world where you see a Visa Card Logo on the Automatic Teller Machine (ATM).

We guarantee receipt of your payment. This is as a result of the mandate from USA Government to make sure all debts

owed to citizens of American and also Asia and Europe which includes Inheritance, Contract, Gambling/Lottery etc are

been cleared.

To redeem your funds, you are hereby advised to contact the ATM Card Center via email for their requirement to

proceed and procure your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your ATM Release Order on your behalf which

will cost you $250 Usd only and nothing more as everything else has been taken care of by the Federal Government

including taxes, custom paper and clearance duty so all you will ever need to pay is $250.00 only.

Joseph Klian (ATM Card Center Director)
7108 N Fresno StFresno, CA 93720

ATM Card Center Director Joseph Klian
Email: ( infofbi@foxmail.com )
Cell Phone: +1 408-659-0408

Do contact Joseph Klian of the ATM Card Center via his contact details above and furnish him with your details as

listed below and also ask him for the payment information you need to send the $250 Payment Warrant and Endorsement

fee :

FULL NAMES: __________________________________
DELIVERY ADDRESS FOR ATM CARD: __________________
SEX: _______________
DATE OF BIRTH: __________________
TELEPHONE NUMBER: _____________________
EMAIL ADDRESS: _____________________

On contacting him with your details your file would be updated and he will be sending you the payment information in

which you will use in making payment of $250.00 via MoneyGram or Western Union Money Transfer for the procurement of

your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your ATM Release Order, after which the delivery of your ATM card

will be effected to your designated home address without any further delay, extra fee.

JAMES B. COMEY
DIRECTOR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535

Note: Disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM card, you

are hereby advice only to be in contact with Joseph Klian of the ATM card center who is the rightful person to deal

with in regards to your payment and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon it

immediately. Help stop cyber crime

Last edited by marko1231123; 03/12/15 10:28 PM.
#4091879 - 03/13/15 09:33 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

It's funny how they make these scam email sound officials and are warning you to not fall for scams when they are the scammers themselves.

#4092079 - 03/14/15 01:48 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
If they're not offering to deliver the cash in a white panel van with FREE CANDY spray painted on the sides I'd be suspicious.

Otherwise, totally legit.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4092111 - 03/14/15 03:31 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
CG2015 Offline
CG2015  Offline

I get 2-3 phone calls every day from numbers that are not already saved in my contact list and I don't answer and it goes to voice mail after 4 rings.

I put those numbers in Bing and Google search and they always come back as some scam or some you won a vacation bs.

Then I save them under Do Not Anwer # so and so. I am up to Do Not Answer #323 now.

The Do Not Call List is useless.

These criminals and scammers and telemarketers do not follow the laws.

Or sometimes they will leave an automated message on the voice mail saying this is a call for Mr. Jones or Mr. Smith, which is definitely not me, if you are not Mr. Jones or Mr. Smith press 1 now to remove yourself from our list (which even if you do, it doesn't stop anything - it just tells them there is a REAL LIVE person on this # so they will keep calling) or if YOU ARE Mr. Jones or Mr. Smith press 2 to be connected to a representative.

Since it went to voice mail and there is no one to press 1 and 2, the message continues:

your file has come across our desk for review. It is very important that you call us regarding your file. Your file # is long set of letters and numbers.

To avoid any further action on our part and to settle this right now, please call so and so #.

There are a lot of debt collection companies that are illegally calling people on debt they don't owe and use scare tactics and just hope if one out of 10 people they call return their call, then they got them hook line and sinker.

You call them and they ask your name and you tell them your name and all of a sudden the blank space on their file where the name was is now filled your name and they say Hi Mr. Smith, we have this file here that says you owe so and so $ and if you don't pay up, we will have you arrested or garnish your wages or put a lien on your property (all illegal), etc etc

One time I happened to be busy and answer the phone by accident without looking at the caller ID and some foreign sounding guy was trying to collect $ owe by a person with an Asian last name and I am not even Asian.

But he kept saying it is you, isn't it? I know it's you! You are Mr. Asian last name.

I told him F U and hang up!

#4092174 - 03/14/15 08:06 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Kodiak Offline
Kodiak  Offline

Over the hills and far away.
Seems legit!

I Want To Believe
#4092185 - 03/14/15 08:35 PM Re: The Nigerian plot thickens... [Re: Peally]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Go with it Peally. She's sworn with her life for god's sake. That's integrity.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.