Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4088869 - 03/07/15 07:20 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
Rickspin Offline
Rickspin  Offline

Nederland
I thought ED is also doing a L-39?
And aren't they working on a Normandy map, to accompany the WW2 birds?

Rick

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4088882 - 03/07/15 10:28 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: Rickspin]  
Derby Offline
Derby  Offline

Originally Posted By: Rickspin

Rick

Yes and Yes

#4088899 - 03/07/15 01:12 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: Weaponz248]  
Weaponz248 Offline
Hail To The King Baby!!
Weaponz248  Offline
Hail To The King Baby!!

Statesboro GA USA
Originally Posted By: Weaponz248
Thats a big list! As of right now I am intrested in the 18C, the Mirage, The Typhoon, and the western swing wing thing biggrin

That A330 MRTT that VEAO has in their road map has kinda peaked my interest too.

XBOX Live Tag/Steam/PSN: Weaponz248

#4088930 - 03/07/15 02:49 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: Derby]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Pretty sure VEAO announced some maps as well.?

Originally Posted By: scrim
Yeah, but they're in the road map, as opposed to currently being developed. Duxford, some place in Wales, the Falklands and Tunisia.

Yup, I'm trying to keep a lot of VEAO's "Planned" stuff off the list for the moment, as their roadmap seems a wee bit ambitious to me. If they've posted screenshots somewhere, I'll add a map or plane to the list, but otherwise I assume it's still on their "wishlist". This is just to keep things more to-the-point.

This list is also kinda-sorta-but-not-officially a "stuff likely to see release in the next 18 months" thread. Obviously there's no confirmation on any of this, but that seems to be about the speed products are being released.

Originally Posted By: Derby

Rick

Yes and Yes

Thanks! Added to the list smile

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4088931 - 03/07/15 02:51 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: Weaponz248]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Thats a big list! As of right now I am intrested in the 18C, the Mirage, The Typhoon, and the western swing wing thing biggrin

That A330 MRTT that VEAO has in their road map has kinda peaked my interest too.

I'd love for some heavy iron in DCS as well. A neat change of pace.

Side note: Did Iris officially back out btw?

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 03/07/15 02:53 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4089053 - 03/07/15 10:26 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
heat2151 Offline
heat2151  Offline

NY
Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE

After the F/A-18, F-14 Since it is presumed that between ED and LNS are working on a Nimitz Class Carrier for the Naval Aviation part of DCS. After this I would love see the following, if humanly possible: A6 Intruder, A7 Corsair. Both are probably long-shots considering the current rate of development at beta release dates.

As for IRIS Simulations, they are not a third party dev for ED. So they are off the grid.

Heat2151
USN Retired'08

My World is simple, I answer to the CINC House: My Wife, my Kids, my troops: 2 German Shepherds.
I just love Flying Flight Sim's, and driving my 2017 Challenger SRT .

My Dark Blue Beast.
Cooler Master HAF X Blue-Liquid Cooled
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel i7 6950X 10c@4.0 Ghz
Asus Rampage V X99
Asus GTX 980 GDDR5 4Gb
Corsair 64 Gb DDR4 (8x8Gb)
Corsair AX 1500 Watt P/S
2 SSD's (1 Tb)
2 WD Velociraptor's(1 Tb)
2 Spin point F4(2 Tb)
2 WD Green(6 Tb)
Track iR Pro, X-55 HOTAS & Pro rudder pedals.
#4089103 - 03/08/15 12:35 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
agentdarnell Offline
Quiet Professional
agentdarnell  Offline
Quiet Professional

I am looking forward to all the modern fast movers as well as the helicopters.

#4089175 - 03/08/15 06:19 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: heat2151]  
near_blind Offline
near_blind  Offline

Originally Posted By: heat2151

After the F/A-18, F-14 Since it is presumed that between ED and LNS are working on a Nimitz Class Carrier for the Naval Aviation part of DCS. After this I would love see the following, if humanly possible: A6 Intruder, A7 Corsair. Both are probably long-shots considering the current rate of development at beta release dates.

As for IRIS Simulations, they are not a third party dev for ED. So they are off the grid.

Heat2151
USN Retired'08

Razbam has me mentioned plans to do an A-7 for dcs eventually

Off to greener pastures
#4089187 - 03/08/15 09:23 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Bring on the A-6, with "Tiger AI*"

* I'd say "Morg AI", but it would buy the farm from a stray bullet 3 minutes into the mission. biggrin

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4089219 - 03/08/15 12:52 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Yeah, but they're in the road map, as opposed to currently being developed. Duxford, some place in Wales, the Falklands and Tunisia.

Yup, I'm trying to keep a lot of VEAO's "Planned" stuff off the list for the moment, as their roadmap seems a wee bit ambitious to me. If they've posted screenshots somewhere, I'll add a map or plane to the list, but otherwise I assume it's still on their "wishlist". This is just to keep things more to-the-point.

This list is also kinda-sorta-but-not-officially a "stuff likely to see release in the next 18 months" thread. Obviously there's no confirmation on any of this, but that seems to be about the speed products are being released.

Rick

Yes and Yes

VEAO is a strange bunch of birds. They still have not released officially their first A/C over a YEAR since their release date last March. Yes, folks the Hawk was supposed to be released last March.

So, who really believes they will release even 10% of these A/C. My worry is that they are dissuading other 3rd party folks from developing some of these a/c because VEAO has it on their list. I mean if you were picking an A/C to dev, would you pick one someone else already has on their list and you have no idea how far along it is.

#4089221 - 03/08/15 01:02 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

So true Mustang, to me they come off like teens calling "dibs on <insertAirframeHere>".
After all ED needs almost a decade to create the F18C alone.

#4089258 - 03/08/15 02:53 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: Mustang60348]  
heat2151 Offline
heat2151  Offline

NY
Originally Posted By: Mustang60348

Rick

Yes and Yes

VEAO is a strange bunch of birds. They still have not released officially their first A/C over a YEAR since their release date last March. Yes, folks the Hawk was supposed to be released last March.

So, who really believes they will release even 10% of these A/C. My worry is that they are dissuading other 3rd party folks from developing some of these a/c because VEAO has it on their list. I mean if you were picking an A/C to dev, would you pick one someone else already has on their list and you have no idea how far along it is.

Mustang,

You make an excellent point. For all those keeping score on the released aircraft ED and the third party dev's:

ED: No of A/C released: 6 (A10C, KA-50, P-51D, Flaming Cliffs 3, Fw 190 D9, Bf 109 K-4).

Belsimtek: 4 (MI-8, UH-1H, F-86F, Mig-15bis)

Leatherneck: 1 (Mig-21Bis)

AvioDev: 1 (C-101)

RAZBAM: 0

VEAO: 1??? Has the Hawk been released yet??

When you look at this list it seems so small, sigh But I guess it's progress for you. Gotta be patient.

Heat2151
USN Retired'08

Last edited by heat2151; 03/08/15 03:09 PM.

My World is simple, I answer to the CINC House: My Wife, my Kids, my troops: 2 German Shepherds.
I just love Flying Flight Sim's, and driving my 2017 Challenger SRT .

My Dark Blue Beast.
Cooler Master HAF X Blue-Liquid Cooled
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel i7 6950X 10c@4.0 Ghz
Asus Rampage V X99
Asus GTX 980 GDDR5 4Gb
Corsair 64 Gb DDR4 (8x8Gb)
Corsair AX 1500 Watt P/S
2 SSD's (1 Tb)
2 WD Velociraptor's(1 Tb)
2 Spin point F4(2 Tb)
2 WD Green(6 Tb)
Track iR Pro, X-55 HOTAS & Pro rudder pedals.
#4089288 - 03/08/15 05:02 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: heat2151]  
Pizzicato Offline
Asleep at the Wheel
Pizzicato  Offline
Asleep at the Wheel

Vancouver, BC

No. Rumour on their Facebook page is that it will finally get an official release on Tuesday.

As stated earlier, VEAO is definitely a very mixed bag at the moment. I love their enthusiasm and openness with the community, but I'm not yet convinced about their quality. I've got every single DCS module and, to date, the only disappointments for me have been Combined Arms and the VEAO Hawk. Specifically, it's the cockpit interior that puts me off. It might sound a little shallow, but having a high-quality "office" is critical to me in a sim and the Hawk's cockpit (even with the 1.2.15 replacement textures) is still way below par compared to all of the other DCS offerings.

The other things that make me uncomfortable about VEAO (and this is all very anecdotal) is that they've had soooo much trouble bringing the Hawk to market versus their competitors. Belsimtek (who admittedly have an inside line to ED) are cranking out high quality modules and the offerings from Leatherneck and AvioDev have been excellent too. It feels suspicious to me that the Hawk, which at one time looked like it was going to be the first of the non-Belsimtek third party modules to be launched, has had such an problematic gestation (including all of the strange third-party installers and protracted landing problems with the SFM). I could be very wrong, but I feel as though even ED has been a bit uncertain about VEAO's quality bar.

This, for me, is compounded by some of the deals that they've struck. There have been at least three occasions where they've spotted an enthusiastic amateur making a 3D model, signed a deal and announced "We've making aircraft X" (e.g. the Meteor, Vampire and cancelled A-4 Skyhawk). Granted that the likes of Leatherneck and AvioDev are also the result of enthusiastic amateurs turning pro, but VEAO currently feels very scattershot and unfocused without providing (to date) any evidence of being able to reach the quality of their peers. There's a huge gap between buying a half-finished 3D model versus "we're making a high quality DCS module".

Having said all of that, I'm actually still rooting for VEAO. I love their enthusiasm, ambition and communicativeness and I'd love them to succeed. I even spent yet another hour with the Hawk last night in the hopes that I could convince myself to like it. Unfortunately, however, I remain skeptical for the time being and will be very cautious about pre-ordering their next module, which is a real shame.

I hope to eventually be proven very wrong.

---------
Pizzicato
#4089318 - 03/08/15 06:11 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Guys, lets give VEAO the benefit of the doubt. There are some extenuating circumstances to the Hawk delay.

I was one of those who was eagerly expecting the release last year, but if you recall the legal issues had to be stamped out with BAE because of how faithfully the aircraft was modeled. The lawyers were going back and forth for a long time because this sort of thing was uncharted territory. Keeping in mind that VEAO also has defense contracts in the UK, they need to keep their nose especially clean in this regard so they do not alienate the prime contractors with a "forgiveness vs. permission" approach.

Another factor pertaining to the delay was the copy protection. VEAO had their own protection scheme and were (ahem) encouraged by ED to change to Starforce so the module could be supported on their site and module manager. The Starforce broke a number of features and delayed the first planned integration with DCS World (October or November, I think). Finally, nobody knows why the Hawk wasn't released with the latest patch, though it's been posted that ED had that build for quite some time. There's stuff behind the NDA curtain here that keeps us from getting the full story.

I remain optimistic about VEAO, though I try to maintain a healthy amount of skepticism. That said, if VEAO is still working on modules in parallel after knowing what they are biting off (as opposed to other developers who took a bite and went back to FSX), their enthusiasm is an asset rather than a liability.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4089370 - 03/08/15 08:58 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: Pizzicato]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: Pizzicato

No. Rumour on their Facebook page is that it will finally get an official release on Tuesday.

As stated earlier, VEAO is definitely a very mixed bag at the moment. I love their enthusiasm and openness with the community, but I'm not yet convinced about their quality. I've got every single DCS module and, to date, the only disappointments for me have been Combined Arms and the VEAO Hawk. Specifically, it's the cockpit interior that puts me off. It might sound a little shallow, but having a high-quality "office" is critical to me in a sim and the Hawk's cockpit (even with the 1.2.15 replacement textures) is still way below par compared to all of the other DCS offerings.

The other things that make me uncomfortable about VEAO (and this is all very anecdotal) is that they've had soooo much trouble bringing the Hawk to market versus their competitors. Belsimtek (who admittedly have an inside line to ED) are cranking out high quality modules and the offerings from Leatherneck and AvioDev have been excellent too. It feels suspicious to me that the Hawk, which at one time looked like it was going to be the first of the non-Belsimtek third party modules to be launched, has had such an problematic gestation (including all of the strange third-party installers and protracted landing problems with the SFM). I could be very wrong, but I feel as though even ED has been a bit uncertain about VEAO's quality bar.

This, for me, is compounded by some of the deals that they've struck. There have been at least three occasions where they've spotted an enthusiastic amateur making a 3D model, signed a deal and announced "We've making aircraft X" (e.g. the Meteor, Vampire and cancelled A-4 Skyhawk). Granted that the likes of Leatherneck and AvioDev are also the result of enthusiastic amateurs turning pro, but VEAO currently feels very scattershot and unfocused without providing (to date) any evidence of being able to reach the quality of their peers. There's a huge gap between buying a half-finished 3D model versus "we're making a high quality DCS module".

Having said all of that, I'm actually still rooting for VEAO. I love their enthusiasm, ambition and communicativeness and I'd love them to succeed. I even spent yet another hour with the Hawk last night in the hopes that I could convince myself to like it. Unfortunately, however, I remain skeptical for the time being and will be very cautious about pre-ordering their next module, which is a real shame.

I dont see what the issue is with the Cockpit,

When compared to photo's they look the same, the cockpit IRL is pretty simple color, and layout wise.

as for delays...,, Stuff comes up... that's software development.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4089393 - 03/08/15 10:25 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: SkateZilla]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Originally Posted By: Pizzicato

I dont see what the issue is with the Cockpit,

When compared to photo's they look the same, the cockpit IRL is pretty simple color, and layout wise.

as for delays...,, Stuff comes up... that's software development.

Sure it does. Stuff that has caused a 1 year delay in release. Then Copy Protection, then installer issues. This from a team with what like a dozen aircraft in the pipeline. At what point do you say "put up or shut up". I understand that it is part of your mission to ensure as much positive press as possible. I fully understand that, but that job must be very hard when it comes to VEAO.

Last edited by Mustang60348; 03/08/15 10:27 PM.
#4089415 - 03/09/15 12:03 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
WharfRat Offline
WharfRat  Offline

temporally displaced
Yeah, looks like Weaponz and I have about the same tastes tomcat

#4089444 - 03/09/15 02:21 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: Mustang60348]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA

Rick

Yes and Yes

They've also changed their plans a few times since then in regards to DCS Integration, DRM Protection, etc.

Originally it was to be a separate Download w/ a completely DRM Scheme, and Not Integrated into DCS.

Then the whole Licensing issue with BAE,

Then the Change in plans to Integrate and Change to Starforce.

A Majority of the delay falls on BAE Systems and their legal department.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 03/09/15 02:23 AM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4089487 - 03/09/15 08:49 AM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: SkateZilla]  
Mustang60348 Offline
Mustang60348  Offline

Rick

Yes and Yes

They've also changed their plans a few times since then in regards to DCS Integration, DRM Protection, etc.

Originally it was to be a separate Download w/ a completely DRM Scheme, and Not Integrated into DCS.

Then the whole Licensing issue with BAE,

Then the Change in plans to Integrate and Change to Starforce.

A Majority of the delay falls on BAE Systems and their legal department.

No, ALL of the delay falls on VEAO, they are the ones who are producing this A/C , they didn't plan very well.

#4089560 - 03/09/15 12:54 PM Re: 2015 Updated list of confirmed AC in development [Re: scrim]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA

OOohhhh....DCS Cardiff!

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.