Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4087027 - 03/03/15 06:34 PM Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's  
Motosuwa Offline
Motosuwa  Offline

Be kind to me, this is my first attempted at anything like this lol! It took many hours to edit and shoot all the clips in game. Please forgive my mess ups! Main ones being, I forgot to disable my mouse cursor and the drop tanks on the F15 on landing. We shot the landings first.

Really hope you guys enjoy this! If you want to join us then please read the video description for more info.

Sub and Like wink

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4087035 - 03/03/15 06:46 PM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: Motosuwa]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Not a bad start, welcome to the forum!

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4087041 - 03/03/15 06:54 PM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: Peally]  
Motosuwa Offline
Motosuwa  Offline

Thank you x2 =)

#4087404 - 03/04/15 10:36 AM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: ]  
Motosuwa Offline
Motosuwa  Offline

Originally Posted By: Troll
Nice video, but you have a continuity error...
The Eagles drop the tanks, fight without them, but lands with them on. wink

Yea, I put a note in the video description. We shot the landing parts first, and it totally slipped my mind about the tanks. Main 2 issues I forgot was the tanks and disabling my mouse cursor on my recording kit.
My first video like this, I'll remember the little things for next time wink

Hope you enjoyed it though!

Last edited by Motosuwa; 03/04/15 10:37 AM.
#4087416 - 03/04/15 11:41 AM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: ]  
Motosuwa Offline
Motosuwa  Offline

Originally Posted By: Troll
I didn't see the note!
Other than that, it was really good!
And don't sweat it, Even the best in Hollywood make continuity errors! wink

Haha its all good man. Thanks for the positive feedback though bud, highly appreciated! Aha that's true, well we learn from our mistakes ^.^

#4088707 - 03/06/15 07:39 PM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: Motosuwa]  
enigma6584 Offline
enigma6584  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
That was an excellent video. Very well done. Hope to see more.

#4088986 - 03/07/15 06:11 PM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: enigma6584]  
Motosuwa Offline
Motosuwa  Offline

Originally Posted By: enigma6584
That was an excellent video. Very well done. Hope to see more.

Thank you! You will, not sure when. This took along time and with working 6 days in a row. It takes alot out of you.

#4089467 - 03/09/15 04:37 AM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: Motosuwa]  
Ironroad Offline
Ironroad  Offline

Hi Motosuwa,

I hope you don't mind me adding my two dimes and a nickle.

First, I wouldn't worry too much about mistakes. If you are a perfectionist like me, I can completely understand how you could spend hours or days trying to catch every little mistake. It becomes even more annoying when you catch errors after you have rendered or have uploaded and processed your videos. While it is good to review and catch glaring errors, don't sweat the small stuff. I intentionally leave errors, kind of like easter eggs, hidden in my videos.

Second,try to make your videos as clear and concise as you can. Over the years I have found that the flight sim videos that get the most playback and views are ones that are either tutorials or that tell a very good story without using words/language. Unfortunately if you are using Youtube and categorize your videos under "gaming" you are going to get edged out by Role Playing Games and First Person Shooters 90% of the time when it comes to visibility. Places like SimHQ can be the great "equalizer" when it comes to getting your stuff seen, but just remember console gamers and shooters have the advantage on Youtube. I aim to keep my flightsim videos under 5 mins, I personally like storylines that "build up" towards the action; however, most of today's younger online generation wants action and pop music first and foremost (or dubstep banghead ).

Finally, and most importantly, do what YOU like! Making your flight sim videos should not feel like a chore. I have learned over the years to tailor my videos to my own personal liking and enjoyment whether they get 0 views or 100K. The only real concern you should have is copyright infringement if you decide to sync music to your content, other than that the world is YOURS. MS Flight or World War II maybe the most popular, but if you want make a video a video about a Yellow mach 5 A-10 that can vertically takes off from the back of a Russian heavy cruiser, than do it! Yes, you want to consider your audience, after all you asking them to spend 5-10min of their lives watching your content, but you should mainly be doing this for your own personal enjoyment.

But while the flight sim community is very small and niche, in comparison to the consolers,IT IS ALSO VERY DIVERSE. Because of that you will have some that will love your videos regardless of content because you showed their favorite era,aircraft, or weapon system. Likewise, you will also have just as many, if not more, who will dislike your videos, regardless of content, because it is not of their favorite era, aircraft, weapon system, etc. In addition,there are some fringe elements within the community--which by no way are a reflection of this great community as a whole--but personal vendettas, nit-picking, passive-aggressiveness, and "knowitallism" do occasionally pop-up within flightsim circles. So do not be surprised if you get nasty messages, voted down (with no explanation), intentionally ignored, or any type of have personal disdain/hatred shown towards you or uploaded content for unknown or petty reasons. It all comes with the territory, but always remember the most important fan you can have is YOU.

Again, just my opinion Motosuwa. I'm not sure of how long you have been doing this and hopefully what I posted is helpful in some way. Good luck with your next video.

With respect...

Last edited by Ironroad; 03/09/15 11:16 AM.
#4092346 - 03/15/15 09:50 AM Re: Clearing The Skies - F15 2Ship Intercept SU33's [Re: Ironroad]  
Motosuwa Offline
Motosuwa  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ironroad
Hi Motosuwa,

I hope you don't mind me adding my two dimes and a nickle.

First, I wouldn't worry too much about mistakes. If you are a perfectionist like me, I can completely understand how you could spend hours or days trying to catch every little mistake. It becomes even more annoying when you catch errors after you have rendered or have uploaded and processed your videos. While it is good to review and catch glaring errors, don't sweat the small stuff. I intentionally leave errors, kind of like easter eggs, hidden in my videos.

Second,try to make your videos as clear and concise as you can. Over the years I have found that the flight sim videos that get the most playback and views are ones that are either tutorials or that tell a very good story without using words/language. Unfortunately if you are using Youtube and categorize your videos under "gaming" you are going to get edged out by Role Playing Games and First Person Shooters 90% of the time when it comes to visibility. Places like SimHQ can be the great "equalizer" when it comes to getting your stuff seen, but just remember console gamers and shooters have the advantage on Youtube. I aim to keep my flightsim videos under 5 mins, I personally like storylines that "build up" towards the action; however, most of today's younger online generation wants action and pop music first and foremost (or dubstep banghead ).

Finally, and most importantly, do what YOU like! Making your flight sim videos should not feel like a chore. I have learned over the years to tailor my videos to my own personal liking and enjoyment whether they get 0 views or 100K. The only real concern you should have is copyright infringement if you decide to sync music to your content, other than that the world is YOURS. MS Flight or World War II maybe the most popular, but if you want make a video a video about a Yellow mach 5 A-10 that can vertically takes off from the back of a Russian heavy cruiser, than do it! Yes, you want to consider your audience, after all you asking them to spend 5-10min of their lives watching your content, but you should mainly be doing this for your own personal enjoyment.

But while the flight sim community is very small and niche, in comparison to the consolers,IT IS ALSO VERY DIVERSE. Because of that you will have some that will love your videos regardless of content because you showed their favorite era,aircraft, or weapon system. Likewise, you will also have just as many, if not more, who will dislike your videos, regardless of content, because it is not of their favorite era, aircraft, weapon system, etc. In addition,there are some fringe elements within the community--which by no way are a reflection of this great community as a whole--but personal vendettas, nit-picking, passive-aggressiveness, and "knowitallism" do occasionally pop-up within flightsim circles. So do not be surprised if you get nasty messages, voted down (with no explanation), intentionally ignored, or any type of have personal disdain/hatred shown towards you or uploaded content for unknown or petty reasons. It all comes with the territory, but always remember the most important fan you can have is YOU.

Again, just my opinion Motosuwa. I'm not sure of how long you have been doing this and hopefully what I posted is helpful in some way. Good luck with your next video.

With respect...

Sorry for the late reply Ironroad, didn't get a notification for your message!

Thank you man for your input, really means alot you took the time to write that all up!
Must admit it does bug me a little about the mistakes but thinking of them as Easter eggs is amazing lol. I tried to go for the "story" side as you may have seen, but you're totally right. YouTube can make it rather difficult for these types of videos to get "noticed" It's kinda the same for all my vids tbh. I don't stick to a single game and have 100+ vids on that one game. I branch all over the shop, and yes it's damn hard for people to find my vids. I refuse to let it get to me, I just try other means (Like SimHQ) to try and get them out there.

Oh god yea, 90% this generations music is just one giant wtf stamp. I'm 27 this year, so I grew up with Spice Girls! ahaha, joking aside. It is horrendous, and yes I'm also a "hater" of dubstep wink

Don't worry buddy. I refuse to make videos on something I really don't want to play, just because it may be the new "toy" in school. If I don't like it, then it can bugger off lol. I only play games and record games I LIKE, not because they might get me more views. If people don't like that on my content, then I'm sure they can just move on. It would be nice to get more views on my content, but even if I only get 20 per video, then I'm happy. Means 20 people watched it and hopefully enjoyed it. Copyright side, yea don't worry. I'm super mega duper careful on that lol.

Again, really appreciate your feedback bud, and thank you with the good luck =)

I'll keep going regardless of views, I love doing far too much lol!

Take care buddy!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.