And his ghost may be heard if you pass by that billabong
"Who'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me?"

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4078359 - 02/13/15 11:33 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Well, ok, I'm gonna go ahead spill the beans...

I've been researching the paranormal for over twenty years. It started as a spoof idea, not really believing it existed. What many folks do not understand is that paranormal activity builds up over time with each homestead death as I call it. Like dripping water in a bowl, given enough time the water begins to spill over the edge. The water over the edge is the life forces that can be detected, either by our own free will, or against our will. Given enough death in one house, the spirits can then be seen and experienced. The spirits themselves are oblivious to us. They do not communicate with us, nor do they know we even exist. However, there are certain exceptions... And this is where it gets really really creepy... the folks that were murdered are the exception.. And usually it tends to be a point in their life when their desire to live was the strongest. There seems to be a part of their spirit left aimlessly wandering about the place they were murdered, as if they are searching for anyone to help them. Over time, with lack of help or inability to reach out to a living human their frustrated spirit begins to be enraged as they are caught in this dark place between life and death. The reaching out turns into an evil grasping for the life of the living, and they will and have entered the body of living people. If this continues the individual will eventually go mad either killing themselves or another as the dead spirit leeches from one living person to the next. And further, if you read this far and believed any of it, you truly are one gullible spirit. I have no idea what I am talking about, but it sure was fun making this up. I actually got chills up my back as I was typing this, plus it didn't hurt that I just watched The Conjuring.... Muahahahaha!!!

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4078360 - 02/13/15 11:42 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Good one Terrible. I was wondering that this didn't fit with your previous persona.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4078363 - 02/13/15 11:57 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Mad Max Offline
survivor
Mad Max  Offline
survivor
Hotshot

NSW, Australia
By an amazing coincidence, just yesterday afternoon I was listing a house for sale with the surviving wife in a couple, whose husband had died of natural causes a few weeks before. She told me that she was moving house because she felt her dead husband was still there and it was unsettling her. Apparently the dog was constantly staring at her deceased husband's chair and growling.

The marriage can't have been a loving one I thought.

Being in real estate we have a lot of contact with deceased estates, but this was an unusual case.

"You'll never take me alive" said he,

#4078364 - 02/14/15 12:03 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Originally Posted By: TerribleTwo

I've been researching the paranormal for over twenty years. It started as a spoof idea, not really believing it existed. What many folks do not understand is that paranormal activity builds up over time with each homestead death as I call it. Like dripping water in a bowl, given enough time the water begins to spill over the edge. The water over the edge is the life forces that can be detected, either by our own free will, or against our will. Given enough death in one house, the spirits can then be seen and experienced. The spirits themselves are oblivious to us. They do not communicate with us, nor do they know we even exist. However, there are certain exceptions... And this is where it gets really really creepy... the folks that were murdered are the exception.. And usually it tends to be a point in their life when their desire to live was the strongest. There seems to be a part of their spirit left aimlessly wandering about the place they were murdered, as if they are searching for anyone to help them. Over time, with lack of help or inability to reach out to a living human their frustrated spirit begins to be enraged as they are caught in this dark place between life and death. The reaching out turns into an evil grasping for the life of the living, and they will and have entered the body of living people. If this continues the individual will eventually go mad either killing themselves or another as the dead spirit leeches from one living person to the next. And further, if you read this far and believed any of it, you truly are one gullible spirit. I have no idea what I am talking about, but it sure was fun making this up. I actually got chills up my back as I was typing this, plus it didn't hurt that I just watched The Conjuring.... Muahahahaha!!!

I did ask members not to ridicule this subject I enjoy a funny post as much as the next guy.
But it mite put off people with genuine story's.
Do I believe in ghosts,
I am in two minds on the subject there are a hell of a lot of very smart perfectly normal people who do.
The reason I am in two minds I have never seen anything remotely paranormal and to be honest I don't want to
My Granddad had a saying never worry about the dead its the living you want to watch.
If there is a after life there's probably a very good reason the living are not suppose to understand it.
Anyway I hope you guys keep posting. there are a lot of guys on this forum who's opinion/views I have grown to respect.

#4078451 - 02/14/15 07:43 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Billzilla Offline
Billzilla  Offline

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I don't believe that ghosts or the like exist but we had a bit of a weird happening here a couple of years ago.
I bought a small toy electric dog for someone here in the house and it got left here on a shelf for the best part of a decade. When the switch on the bottom was manually turned on, the dog would walk around a little and bark.
Anyway I got up one morning and was watching the telly then without warning I heard an electronic barking coming from the room where the dog was left. I came and had a look and there it was, barking and shuffling along. I picked it up and turned off the switch, and it's never moved since. There was no-one in that part of the house nor any pet of ours.
So I'm not sure what turned the switch on but it was quite odd.

Out of ammo
Out of energy
Out of ideas
Down to harsh language
#4078565 - 02/14/15 03:47 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Originally Posted By: marko1231123
Originally Posted By: TerribleTwo

I did ask members not to ridicule this subject I enjoy a funny post as much as the next guy.
But it mite put off people with genuine story's.
Do I believe in ghosts,
I am in two minds on the subject there are a hell of a lot of very smart perfectly normal people who do.
The reason I am in two minds I have never seen anything remotely paranormal and to be honest I don't want to
My Granddad had a saying never worry about the dead its the living you want to watch.
If there is a after life there's probably a very good reason the living are not suppose to understand it.
Anyway I hope you guys keep posting. there are a lot of guys on this forum who's opinion/views I have grown to respect.

No more from me. As I said in my first post whether anyone believed me or not wasn't what was important to me. I was really hoping that more people with actual first hand experiences would come forward being there was someone willing to talk about what happened to them. What I personally experienced has opened my eye's to what is possible and from the follow on replies to the OP I can see just how very rare personal experiences like mine are. Unfortunately this subject is one of many in life that if it never happened to you first hand it's an almost impossible experience to understand. Life is full of unknowns and I for one am glad for that.
Cheers

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
#4078634 - 02/14/15 06:02 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
This posting still gives me the creeps:
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3980910/Re:_The_Paranormal...#Post3980910

As I said in that thread, even as a scientist and sceptic... the fact that from the sum total of active SimHQ posters, most of whom I understand to be very rational sane and thouthful people, there are always a hand full to offer up very believable story accounts makes me wonder.

#4078709 - 02/14/15 08:40 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Mechanus Offline
Mechanus  Offline

When I read those reports, I just feel nothing. I'm not prone to be suckered like that. I've heard it all before, and it moves me to nothing.

You have someone in that topic who says they have an irrefutable photograph of a ghost, but they won't post it because it won't be believed. That explains itself. You should not believe something like that. That is the very basis of any con. It's a contradiction- the proof is irrefutable, except people will refute it; and that's why they won't show it.

If someone were truly had sincere motives, they would show it and let it stand up to scrutiny. It would have such important implications for our existence and what we think about ourselves. That's something the entire world needs to see. Nope.

#4078765 - 02/14/15 10:42 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
NineLives Offline
NineLives  Offline

Shropshire UK
Phil my nan used to feel a cat jump on her bed too. She lived alone, had no cat and the windows were closed but she would feel an animal jump on the bed many times and just got used to it and ignored it in the end.

My mother has some very strange stories about things she has had happened too many to post but the main one was when she worked as a guide in a stately home. She would go all round the place but whenever she went in the library she would feel a very unhappy atmosphere like something bad had happened. Eventually she mentioned it to someone else who told her that back in the day 2 girls had died in there when ones nightdress caught fire and the other went to help her and also caught fire.

My only experience was around 35 years ago when a lad at school would come in with stories of a poltergeist in his house - oh yeah right we thought as we heard him saying how stuff had moved on its own witnessed by the family (he had 2 younger sisters) and how it started off very strong but was getting weaker but stuff was still happening. Out of curiosity I went back to his house after school and only me him and his sisters were in the house and only me and him were in his bedroom.

My memory is of us both standing by his bed and I said something along the lines of "I am not saying I don't believe you but I would have to see it for myself to be sure" and the next thing was that these 2 objects came flying across from the other side of the room off some shelves and both hit me on the forehead and dropped to the floor. We just looked at each other and I ran out of the house.

Now this is the weird thing: The 2 objects were a plastic toy and a small brass telescope and I was aware of them coming off 2 separate shelves and coming across the room dead straight and level. It wasn't like they were thrown but travelled dead straight and level. Also even though they came across the room and hit me on the forehead they didn't hurt me. They just hit and fell as though to prove a point but not cause me any harm.

When I went home I told my parents straight away and even now they say they believe me because they could tell I wasn't lying and my story has never changed. It was a very odd incident that I cannot explain except in most of these poltergeist stories there are children in the house of puberty age and often female and I am sure it isn't ghost and ghoulies but some unexplained emotional upheaval that is behind it.

#4078838 - 02/15/15 02:11 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

Miami, Florida - United States...
I am not sure why this topic comes up every 6 ~ 8 months but let me re-post my story of what happened to me for those who missed it:

When I was young (5~6 yld) we used to visit and stay at my grandparents home often when ever there was a long weekend. My grandparents home was built in the mid 1800s and made all of wood with the exception of the roof and bottom floor. I practically grew up going many times to this home and have very fond memories of it but one in particular never left my mind.

Grandparents home build in the mid 1800s

One night we all went to sleep. All bedrooms are on the top floor and the only bathroom (back in those days) was found on the bottom floor. Me and my brother where put in a bedroom directly facing the staircase going down. My parents were in the bedroom next to us that has a door liking both. Back in those days my grandparents did not have air conditioners so the windows had to be opened in order to allow the "cooler" air to come in. Keep in mind that this is the Caribbean and no matter how cool it gets it is still HOT for me. This is not even counting the mosquitoes that enjoyed sipping on my sweet tasting blood each night. That particular night I could not sleep because it was too warm, humid and mosquitoes were biting me all over (face, feet, hands, anything left uncovered by the bed sheets). Not only that, the street light outside was shinning light into the wall where the door towards the staircase is located.

The original bedroom. Back in the day it had two smaller beds.

I assumed that it had to be around 2 ~ 3 AM when I started hearing heavy footsteps coming from the staircase. At this moment I was not scarred at all since it was customary to go downstairs in order to use the bathroom and usually it was either my dad or grandfather. I pretended to go to sleep since I did not wanted to be scolded by staying up late but I kept my eyes halfway shut. The steps were getting louder and closer until it reached the bedroom where I was at. The heavy steps suddenly stopped and a "woman" entered the room, I say it was a woman since it had a female long gown and had long hair up to the shoulders but the odd thing is that it was stepping close to our beds without making any sound! Not only that, when this "woman" came close and the street light hit her I was unable to pick up ANY facial features (nose, eyes and/or mouth)! At this time I practically froze in fear, paralyzed upon what I was seeing. Keep in mind that at this time in my life I did not know what we all call a ghost/spirit/apparition what ever you wish to call it was. The only thing I knew at this point is that all of it was not the norm. The "woman" appear to "float" since I was unable to see her feet and she appeared to have slight glow similar to how the moon glows when it is full.

Bedroom door towards staircase

The "woman" stayed between my and my brother's bed for what appeared to me as an eternity and then turned around and went back downstairs making that heavy thump at each step. In the morning I asked my parents and grandparents if they went to the bathroom at night and all of them denied going there. The following night I "prepared" the room just after my parents went to sleep. I pushed my parents luggage behind the bedroom door and prayed that the "woman" did not visit again. Right about when I was about to doze off I start to hear the heavy thumping of someone coming up the stairs, getting louder and closer as it reaches the bedroom door. At this moment all is quiet and then I see the door knob moving! There is no lock on this ancient doors but somehow this entity was unable to push open the door with the luggage behind it. It stopped and I heard it going back downstairs. Again, the following morning I asked again and no one visited the bottom floor at night.

The staircase

Years have passed by and almost have forgotten this experience until one visit a few years back I was talking with my grandparents in their home. In the conversation they told me that my grandfather's mother lived her last years in that same home until she passed away. I asked where did she sleep and I was told by them that she slept and finally died in the room I saw the entity when I was 5~6 yld! Was it her? I really do not know since she died when my mother was a teenager. But it is a very odd coincidence to know this and having witnessed something definitely not of the norm.

Domestic Robotics - www.DomesRO.com

#4078872 - 02/15/15 06:09 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
Some great stories, made even better by the howling cold winds rustling the trees outside my window this evening. Never had any type of ghost experiences that I can recall myself, but thank those who did share their stories.

On a lighter note, this thread has reminded me that I bought Ghostbusters during the last steam sale and have yet to play it looks like I have something to do for the rest of the night hahaha

#4078883 - 02/15/15 08:19 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Simbo_Sim123 Offline
Simbo_Sim123  Offline

Tonyrefail South Wales
I used to work in a District General Hospital which was built in the 1940`s and one night on call I was returning to the on call room which was on the first floor.I had to walk up a flight of stairs and turn right into the corridor to the room and on the left was the entrance to Ward 8 a medical ward.There was always a chair or two outside the ward for elderly visitors to sit on while they waited for the ward doors to open at 7 o`clock precisely but now at 3 am there should be no one around.
As I reached the top of the stairs and turned right I noticed a little old lady sitting comfortably in one of the chairs so I said "Good morning" to her and she smiled back and just nodded.As soon as I turned my head back I thought "Bloody strange time to be outside the ward" so I turned around after taking no more than two steps to speak to her and the chair was empty, there was no one there - nothing !
Hmmmm..........
My wife is a nurse and works on a respite ward for the elderly and she always says about TV`s turning on and off,lights doing the same and also just before the elderly pass away they often talk to a child who is standing at the bottom of their bed.

Paul

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
#4079110 - 02/15/15 09:17 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Robbster Offline
Robbster  Offline

Calgary, Canada
Don't believe in ghosts. The human mind is an extremely powerful thing, and can conjure up a story about practically anything in the right circumstances. Ghosts, UFO's, Bigfoot, etc. There are no limitations.

#4079394 - 02/16/15 02:28 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Really. I mean I've convinced myself that there's a "website" on something called the "internet" called "SimHQ" which has something I call a "forum."
On it, I read messages from people I've never met and in fact have no proof of their existence, yet I often respond to them and carry out conversations with them as if they were real!

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4079831 - 02/17/15 06:55 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Mad Max Offline
survivor
Mad Max  Offline
survivor
Hotshot

NSW, Australia
We'll all know the truth eventually. Some sooner than others.

I'm almost 70 and am easy with whatever happens...maybe (probably) just....nothing.

That's OK. It would be really cool if there was something else... well we'll all know eventually.

All who live must die. (To quote Robert Heinlein)

"You'll never take me alive" said he,

#4079836 - 02/17/15 07:16 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
Mechanus Offline
Mechanus  Offline

It never seems in the realm of coherent to me.

To give an example. Two WWI soldiers who become friends agree that if either the one or the other should die, and if it is possible to do it, they would swear to communicate with the other, and with their families. One of them dies and the friends and family never hears a word from him. Given that ghosts can do things like throw books and do other things to let the living know of their presence, when it comes down to it, there's never any independently verifiable proof. It always must be taken at someone else's word. They can't be something everyone could see, they have to be something that only appears to select people. Any of us can agree upon whether any other objects exist- planets, cars, spiders, other people, just not ghosts. There's not much else which works that way or which gets as much credibility in the same way such as things that are of a subjective, paranormal or spiritual matter.

The Randi $ 1 million dollar paranormal challenge still goes unresolved, no one has yet claimed the prize for demonstrating paranormal or supernatural or occult powers. Few people even attempt it.

It should never be asked of anyone to prove a negative. The burden of proof rests on people making the claim. Extraordinary claims probably require extraordinary proof, that's probably we don't have anything ever independently reproduced and confirmed.

#4079888 - 02/17/15 11:32 AM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Belief in ghosts or aliens must be based on faith because both lack hard evidence of their existence.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4079898 - 02/17/15 12:07 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: marko1231123]  
NineLives Offline
NineLives  Offline

Shropshire UK
No-one is expecting anyone to suddenly become convinced on the basis of any posts here.
The purpose of this is to let people quote their experiences. There is no reason why anyone would simply make up a story. Yes we all wish we had running video cameras at the time - I certainly did with my experience and yes I am also sceptical of the cases where people expected something to happen and yet still made no provision to record it but for the one-off episodes it's not reasonable to expect a recording.

Whether anyone believes what happened to me and witnessed by someone else is up to them but it's good to be able to record and read things that people genuinely believe happened.

Simply coming on here to say they don't believe is ghosts and ghoulies is pointless.

#4079907 - 02/17/15 12:56 PM Re: Real life Ghost stories. [Re: Mechanus]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Mechanus
It never seems in the realm of coherent to me.

To give an example. Two WWI soldiers who become friends agree that if either the one or the other should die, and if it is possible to do it, they would swear to communicate with the other, and with their families. One of them dies and the friends and family never hears a word from him. Given that ghosts can do things like throw books and do other things to let the living know of their presence, when it comes down to it, there's never any independently verifiable proof. It always must be taken at someone else's word. They can't be something everyone could see, they have to be something that only appears to select people. Any of us can agree upon whether any other objects exist- planets, cars, spiders, other people, just not ghosts. There's not much else which works that way or which gets as much credibility in the same way such as things that are of a subjective, paranormal or spiritual matter.

The Randi $ 1 million dollar paranormal challenge still goes unresolved, no one has yet claimed the prize for demonstrating paranormal or supernatural or occult powers. Few people even attempt it.

It should never be asked of anyone to prove a negative. The burden of proof rests on people making the claim. Extraordinary claims probably require extraordinary proof, that's probably we don't have anything ever independently reproduced and confirmed.

I've always thought it funny that in real life people don't necessarily throw books or chairs around the house, knock down vases, swing from the chandelier, etch.. But all of a sudden when they become a ghost, this is the first thing they think about doing. Instead of throwing the book, why not pick it up, open it, and turn the pages like a normal ghost? Why not change my light bulb in the chandelier? Pick up a hoe and go weed my garden? Daddy always taught me if you want attention, do something useful.. Throwing tantrums will only get you assigned to Your room after a severe beating on your behind.

Now now, I'm not saying ghosts aren't real, because I do believe in the afterlife. Even Jesus himself didn't come back throwing bibles around, chairs, scooting tables, he actually came back as something useful, sat down and ate some food, and had genuine conversations with his peeps. when a ghost does that, I'll believe in em.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.