Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4078217 - 02/13/15 06:59 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Just one question:

"There will be unlocks and they will be skippable for premium accounts."

Do they mean those who are premium now or do they mean those who buy BoM premium?

Something tells me its choice nr2

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 02/13/15 07:00 PM.
#4078222 - 02/13/15 07:14 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Here's one of our own expressing his feelings over the gaming engine inadequacies....I've been trying to get him to calm down some....

#4078230 - 02/13/15 07:21 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
This will be a great opportunity to realize the old aphorism..

Fool me once...shame on you...
Fool me twice ...shame on me....

Giving these guys money in advance of delivering a product is like providing cash to a downtown corner alcoholic hanging outside a liquor store while expecting him to use the money for cab fare to an AA meeting.

yep

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4078238 - 02/13/15 07:36 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
This is long complex process that's impossible to finish in one or two titles. Its great news that sales of BOS have been good enough to continue the process. My only real misgiving is the developments reluctance to upgrade the game engine to DX10+, as not doing so could hurt the long term sales of the series.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#4078243 - 02/13/15 07:41 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: MudWasp]  
SneakyPete Offline
SneakyPete  Offline

Newark UK
Originally Posted By: MudWasp
Originally Posted By: dburne
It looks like they are going to do a pre-order in March, with Early Access to follow, like they did with BOS.
I think I will hold off this time around, and see what happens down the road for single player system.

I'm not purchasing any of their products until a decent SP Campaign is made.

Agreed. Having said that I don't think the subject matter holds enough interest for me personally so I'm pretty sure I'll be giving it a miss.

Intel I7 8700k @4,8
MSI GTX1070
16GB ram
Windows 10 64 bit
#4078247 - 02/13/15 07:46 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Thank goodness (for 777/1c) that there are still plenty of people with low expectations, low standards, and get entertained by menial content, or they might have shut the doors already.

#4078253 - 02/13/15 07:57 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
307_Banzai Offline
307_Banzai  Offline

It's like election time again.

We want your votes/cash.

#4078262 - 02/13/15 08:21 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Ok. Nice plane selection. More maps are good. The 110 is my favorite WWII German plane, too.
Still, I'm waiting to see. If they fix the campaign, great, I'm in and I'll buy. What BoS gives me now is not enough for me to pay a lot again to get more planes and maps with identical gameplay.

Fix it and I'm there, no acrimony, no BS. I'll buy for a sim that entertains me the way I expected it to.

Keep the campaign as shallow and pointless as it is now, though, and the planes and map I already have are sufficient to tide me over, plain and simple. Combat is fun when you're in it, the rest is just bland. I don't need more options of bland.

Their choices cost me (and I'm sure many others) as another EA player. But if on after release they fix these flaws I will gladly eat crow and say "they made good"...IF they make good. Ball's in their court.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4078267 - 02/13/15 08:24 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: lokitexas]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
Just one question:
"There will be unlocks and they will be skippable for premium accounts."
Do they mean those who are premium now or do they mean those who buy BoM premium?
Something tells me its choice nr2

For me it is a moot point because I will be getting the premium for BoM ... especially given that the P-40 is in the premium ...

Originally Posted By: robtek
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: Chucky
They have my interest but I'm not making any rash purchase decisions just yet.
50% off current DLC I see too.

At this juncture buying the Standard Edition and then getting the two DLC aircraft would be cheaper by $20 than buying the Premium Edition for someone who does not own BoS at all. It would be $10 cheaper than those who bought into EA paid for it... like me (and many others of course..) . If they bought the Standard edition in any incarnation they are still saving $20..

It amazes me how people are... and I really think that no matter what this team does there are those who will $hit on anything they do and continue to hold their feet to the fire.

No matter.....

I still think that at the end of the day, when ever that day comes, the IL2 offered up by 1CGS will be up to the task of being a true successor to IL2... and in may ways it actually already is.

There were no IL2s at The Battle of Britain.

I am also reminded of where IL2 was in it's first 13 months.. and it amazes me that the potential is still not seen by many folks. Consider that between the release of IL2 and FB there was 15 months.. and in the beginning it was not certain that IL2 would even move west.

The things that some folks have their shorts all up in a knot about will be addressed. With the last update and the announcement of BoM I am even more convinced of that than ever. Ultimately, in the end it is all about the simming...

For some though it is something else altogether...

Dream on, BC.

How any serious flight simmer can be content with the things that BoS delivers is mysterious for me.

As often written before, here and in other forii, one of the keys for the success of the original IL2 was the easy to handle and powerful FMB, allowing user made content.
Another key was the ability to create believable battles on the ground and in the air with hundreds of AI objects.

Thats two things that BoS can't deliver.

To say it in other words, a successor should improve what already is there.

The true successor, regretfully abandoned, did improve on all counts and had its problems.

BoS is eye candy (the models, not the bleak world) with a very questionable FM and a arcade tending DM, something shallow to consume when the time for a real sim isn't there.

Now we get new planes and a new map but with the same inadequate engine.

You might continue to preach to the undemanding, which are easy to satisfy, but calling BoS a successor to IL2 must be counted as a slight, I'm afraid.

We shall see...

Originally Posted By: lokitexas
Thank goodness (for 777/1c) that there are still plenty of people with low expectations, low standards, and get entertained by menial content, or they might have shut the doors already.

So... why we gotta be all that man..? popcorn

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4078279 - 02/13/15 08:45 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia

#4078295 - 02/13/15 09:06 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

IIRC, the funds from the early Founders were not being used for development of the initial BOS release, pretty sure Jason had stated at some point those funds were already there, and the funds from EA folks was for future development...

Now, having said that, this note in today's DD caught my attention:

<<< Meanwhile, we keep rolling with big news about IL-2 Sturmovik’s future. Starting with the fact that the series is actually going to have a future. Last December, for instance, nobody including us was certain about what would happen next. But good fortune has blessed our hard work and we now know what we will do next. >>>

Which would lead me to believe, maybe things did not go quite as well as they had hoped with the initial release? Strictly conjecture on my part.

I myself am a big critic of BOS, mainly some of the direction decisions they have made. I think the SP system got culled down to what it is today, due to lack of time. They had already pushed back release by a few months, and they were not going to do that again. The SP campaign is just too lifeless, and repetitive. Now, I have not played that much of the campaign yet, as the unlock system stopped me dead in my tracks, so I am now going to give it another go, but have a feeling I will probably bore rather quickly. I am much more into a campaign with a story line, historical, following the career of my pilot and wingmen. That is what I long for and yearn for as a SP.

For MP, I am really glad the unlocks are gone for them, should they choose. I see it already bringing back some MP guys that had left after release. That is good.

But, both SP and MP, desperately need some loving, in the terms of a true FMB. Something that can actually be used by those who desire to do so, without being so complex that it drives most of the good talent off.
Especially now, with making clear they are not going to make any changes in the near term to the Campaign, it will be up to the community to provide the type of SP campaigns I would want to fly. Much like is currently being done for Cliffs, and still being done for 1946.

I am glad to see the announcement of another product with BOM. I hope the series is successful, and hope they can make some changes to make me once again a big fan of it. For now, I will certainly hold off spending any more dollars on this sim based on my hopes, I will wait to see it actually delivered first.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4078334 - 02/13/15 10:13 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

It's good that the game is still going, but I wish they would move away from the russian theatre.

Terrible allied aircraft. The whole point of this part of the air war was the russian aircraft were so obsolete they were hopelessly outclassed.

Still, I'm sure the mig will perform like a f-18.

#4078336 - 02/13/15 10:36 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: Bumfluff]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Originally Posted By: Bumfluff
It's good that the game is still going, but I wish they would move away from the russian theatre.

Terrible allied aircraft. The whole point of this part of the air war was the russian aircraft were so obsolete they were hopelessly outclassed.

Still, I'm sure the mig will perform like a f-18.

Get ready to chock it up to pilot error on the part of the "Luftwhiners" as per usual.

#4078343 - 02/13/15 10:46 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: dburne
It looks like they are going to do a pre-order in March, with Early Access to follow, like they did with BOS.

hahaha

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4078344 - 02/13/15 10:49 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

Its in poor taste but I think its still funny.
Disclaimer: I do not post this saying anyone is lying, Its a joke.

I'm on the fence..I'd love to have the MIG, 110 and I do love to be one of the first to get a new game before release. I don't know if I will buy EA on this one or not. Its a good middle of the road type game. IMO maybe they should have put this on the back burner and filled out the missing stuff in BOS like SP and video settings etc. I fly BOS once in a while and stick mainly with TF Cliffs and the occasional hop in '46 with HSFX . I guess in time it will get better and maybe they learned what not to do with BOM this time around. I may just stay out of EA this time.

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#4078347 - 02/13/15 10:59 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: Extreme_One]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
and it amazes me that the potential is still not seen by many folks.

I think most people see the potential.

I know I do. The thing is, I can't play potential and so BoS remains unplayed, I haven't even updated it for a couple of months.

So the FMB might come out in a couple of months and then how long before someone puts together a decent campaign?

Or I could wait the 10 or so months that Jason has implied we'll wait until a 3rd party puts some kind of campaign generator together.

I can't get especially excited about new planes and theatres until there's a decent reason to fly them.

Yeah I see the potential and, in my opinion, it's currently being wasted.

This 100%. After 13 months of BOS, the only potential that has materialized is custom skins, unlocks and bug fixes.Still no FME or even some compelling SP missions or an immersive campaign. You can keep your potential Bearcat, I will be flying in DCS, CLOD, IL2-46CFM and ROF, with greatly realized potential, and the most Important element, "FUN", while at the same time not being insulted as a stupid hardcore simmer whom doesn't know what I want anyway. In each of these Sims I will adjust htr graphics to best suit my system, I will fly in immersive and Historically based campaigns with all of the skins available. I will fly in aircraft that have CFM and visually look better and have much !ore detailed(CLOD) DM and engines that handle hundreds of aircraft in a single mission. I will adjust any skill level to the way I like, even taking expert mode and adjusting all the way back to noob level, just because I can, and you know what, as much as this will seem stupid to some people, I will be happy that those devs left there product in a state that I could adjust it to a level that made me happy. I will use those FMBs now, not 10 months from now, and ,I ,will make simple missions that make me happy. I will also use missions in this Sims that are made by creative mission and campaign builders, and I will be happy. This is just some of what I will be doing with the potential that is right at my fingertips now, not later, right now. All of this makes me happy now, and the new content coming out in CLOD and DCS is far superior to BOS and its future potential. So I have one question, why after 13 months already, with the same promised potential, that has not materialed but simply been postponed again and again, would I put any faith in 1c/777?

S!Blade<><

#4078352 - 02/13/15 11:19 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: Logan]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Logan
Its in poor taste but I think its still funny.
Disclaimer: I do not post this saying anyone is lying, Its a joke.

hahaha

Originally Posted By: Logan

...I'd love to have the MIG, 110...

I'd love to have the P-40 and the 110 also, but I need something to do in them and that's what I haven't seen coming from 1CGS so far. At best Jason is trying to find help from a third party to create a campaign system. If 1CGS thought a campaign system was important they would have all of their current hands on deck building one right now. They would replace the fantasy Cub Scout medals with real historic medals in their current campaign and they would be weaving more of a story into it.

I'm not giving 1CGS another red cent until I see the things I'm looking for come to fruition.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4078357 - 02/13/15 11:28 PM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: Blade_Meister]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: Blade_Meister
After 13 months of BOS, the only potential that has materialized is custom skins, unlocks and bug fixes.Still no FME or even some compelling SP missions or an immersive campaign. You can keep your potential Bearcat, I will be flying in DCS, CLOD, IL2-46CFM and ROF, with greatly realized potential, and the most Important element, "FUN", while at the same time not being insulted as a stupid hardcore simmer whom doesn't know what I want anyway.

All well put and I agree completely.

Sums up my feelings at this time as well.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4078368 - 02/14/15 12:11 AM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: dburne]  
Uriah Offline
Uriah  Offline

Kansas City, Missouri - USA
I will buy it as soon as I have a chance.

Race you to the Mucky Duck!
#4078371 - 02/14/15 12:14 AM Re: Battle of Moscow Announced [Re: Uriah]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Originally Posted By: Uriah
I will buy it as soon as I have a chance.

you have my compassion.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.