Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4074541 - 02/06/15 02:09 PM Unlocks gone for Premium members  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Effective Monday the 9th.
If you have a premium account, you can de-activate unlocks ( with exception of skins ).
Be aware, it is a one time choice, if de-activated no going back.

FME news - not till spring. I hope they are getting it to where it can create actual campaigns and not just single missions.

While I still am not fond of the current campaign design, I can get back to flying BOS some with the unlocks gone, but long term I need a good campaign system to keep my interest.

Last edited by dburne; 02/06/15 02:10 PM.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4074543 - 02/06/15 02:12 PM Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
#4074544 - 02/06/15 02:15 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
"Owners of Premium accounts will be able activate all modifications without unlocking them in Campaign mode. You have a Premium account if you bought Premium edition, or Standard edition plus both additional planes: La-5 and Fw 190 A-3."

I was right, screw those who only bought standard edition. Doesnt matter if it was pre release/early access.

#4074547 - 02/06/15 02:17 PM Re: Unlocks gone for Premium members [Re: dburne]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I'm on a std account so it looks as if I can't remove the unlocks unless I buy the La-5 and Fw 190 A-3 which I'm not interested in.

Just as well the unlocks don't bother me all that much.

Summer and Autumn maps? Yay!

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4074548 - 02/06/15 02:18 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Hmmm. Well I bought the two extra planes over the Dec sale period (because I still foolishly hope for improvements) so I'm glad I get this. I'm just not sure this is enough for the masses. Perhaps all preorder/EA should've gotten it, too.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4074550 - 02/06/15 02:21 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
"Owners of Premium accounts will be able activate all modifications without unlocking them in Campaign mode. You have a Premium account if you bought Premium edition, or Standard edition plus both additional planes: La-5 and Fw 190 A-3."

I was right, screw those who only bought standard edition. Doesnt matter if it was pre release/early access.

That's going to cause considerable backlash I reckon. I don't want the extra aircraft but then again the unlocks don't worry me too much.

#4074551 - 02/06/15 02:22 PM Re: Unlocks gone for Premium members [Re: dburne]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I'm not concerned with skins so much, never really cared in any flight sim I've had to mess with them as long as they were accurate. I can't imagine anyone saying "aw, I wish I could back and unlock those underwing cannons again" though. smile

Chucky, I picked them up over the Dec sale and I must say the Fw190 is very well done. The La-5 I've not spent too much time in, but I really like the 190. Of course, I've liked the 190 since I first flew it in SWOTL and CYAC in 1991, so I'm a long-time fan. smile Probably the German plane I've got the most stick time in over the last 25 years. The 109 and 110 are about tied.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4074552 - 02/06/15 02:25 PM Re: Unlocks gone for Premium members [Re: dburne]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I was going to mention that if they were in a sale I would consider them.I would prefer other aircraft in the plane list myself but hey ho.

I wonder why they didn't extend this to non-premium account holders though? Seems odd and just asking for trouble.

#4074556 - 02/06/15 02:30 PM Re: Unlocks gone for Premium members [Re: dburne]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
My guess is they were the most vocal and certainly seemed to be the largest percentage of the preorders. Extending it to those who upgraded standard to premium at one point or another makes sense as well.

I don't know the numbers, perhaps the "silver" owners who didn't buy both the other planes already is the smallest third of the groups, and they felt it might be an effective prod to make them buy both now?

In essence, you're paying to get the unlocks, you just need to have paid for everything they currently offer vs some extra standalone payment.

The Jedi Master

#4074566 - 02/06/15 02:47 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Yeah! Unlocks are gone.....oh....only for Gold Bar people?

Still awesome!! Oh....same horrible, ground hog day, boring, campaign? Oh, they are not going to improve it? Hmmmm. Leaving it up to the community?

Well the ME is coming soon, right to make it all better? I mean it was a 90% chance it was coming in Dec 2014 so its right around the corner, right?? Oh not till Spring?

So play the same small scale and dull campaign, or do air quake online but now, some will have unlocks! How silly.

Seriously, how people get excited for crap is beyond me. There are no core changes that have been made to actually make it any better, let alone and resemblance to old IL2. Very low expectations from the fan base it seems.

Its like having a brand new Lotus and being told you can only drive it on an oval go kart track.

#4074567 - 02/06/15 02:53 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Well that sounds kind of refreshing to me, and at least maps out the direction they have planned for the game. I'm satisfied with that in addition to some other things that Jason said:

"I'm not interested in working with people who want to make payware missions. I'm interested in working with people who want to make apps to manage free mission content from users who want to make cool historical type missions. Similar to what pat did with PWCG. This is the only way the community will get the kind of extremely detailed campaigns and missions they want. The answer has to come from the community like it did with the original IL-2. Our mission technology can be used to make some great stuff as Pat did. And we did a payware Campaign with ROF. Been there and done that. Mixed results. Desastersoft people approached us in the beginning, but it was not a good match for a variety of reasons."

Jason

I've always known that it was going to take some time to make changes....but not so much for them to admit...they needed to make some of those changes. That was the most frustrating thing for me, and being labeled on the other forum for trying to make those needs known. Oh well...this is a good start.
clapping Wait...but then again I am...old old_simmer and mentally challenged...so what do I know.... biggrin

#4074576 - 02/06/15 03:06 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Good news is that Zeus is now member of the dev team, so new maps should be of a good quality.

If you're close, get closer.
#4074594 - 02/06/15 03:35 PM Re: Unlocks gone for Premium members [Re: dburne]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: dburne
Effective Monday the 9th.
If you have a premium account, you can de-activate unlocks ( with exception of skins ).
Be aware, it is a one time choice, if de-activated no going back.

This is just a perfect example of the ongoing Dev incoherence and why I have lost all interest in this title. After months of uproar this Dev team is brought kicking and screaming back to the table and concedes to the proles that paid full PLUS price for the product...that unlocks are not such a great idea....but only some unlocks...like in Animal Farm....some unlocks are more equal than others.....skins will remain locked

Not that there ever was or will be a reason given, let alone one that can be rationalized within this genre as to why unlocks add value to the title.....it is just because "we can" and once the 1CGS Party makes a decision....then in true commissariat fashion...it will not be reversed...lest face is lost...so the skin locks remain!

The game design decisions are like some absurdist committee creation...while the Dev Team announcements become more and more Pythonesque!

Calling Kafka! Calling Kafka! hello? hello?

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4074595 - 02/06/15 03:35 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Unlocks of weapons/planes modifications.
Those fancy skins (Hungary, Mediterranean...) still "unlockables".

And the "Standard's" can buy (weapons) unlocks for 39,98$. wink

#4074605 - 02/06/15 03:49 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: lokitexas]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted By: lokitexas

Seriously, how people get excited for crap is beyond me. There are no core changes that have been made to actually make it any better, let alone and resemblance to old IL2. Very low expectations from the fan base it seems.

The fan base are happy: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14415-question-comments-loft/page-2#entry228408

Last edited by Sokol1; 02/06/15 03:53 PM.
#4074611 - 02/06/15 03:57 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:
...you don't have to get rid of the unlocks...

No, he need continue play, to unlock those fancy skins (Hungary, Mediterranean... ) smile

Unlock free are only for weapons and planes modifications. wink

#4074619 - 02/06/15 04:03 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: Sokol1]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Quote:
...you don't have to get rid of the unlocks...

No, he need continue play, to unlock those fancy skins (Hungary, Mediterranean... ) smile

Unlock free are only for weapons and planes modifications. wink

This is just a perfect example of the ongoing Dev incoherence and why I have lost all interest in this title. After months of uproar this Dev team is brought kicking and screaming back to the table and concedes to the proles that paid full PLUS price for the product...that unlocks are not such a great idea....but only some unlocks...like in Animal Farm....some unlocks are more equal than others.....skins will remain locked

Not that there ever was or will be a reason given, let alone one that can be rationalized within this genre as to why unlocks add value to the title.....it is just because "we can" and once the 1CGS Party makes a decision....then in true commissariat fashion...it will not be reversed...lest face is lost...so the skin locks remain!

I don't know at times whether to pity the idiocy of these guys or damn them for it....it is so surreal and inexplicable that I waiver between "they are retarded"....no..."they are malevolent"

The game design decisions are like some absurdist committee creation...while the Dev Team announcements become more and more Pythonesque!

Calling Kafka! Calling Kafka! hello? hello?

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4074622 - 02/06/15 04:07 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Activating modifications cannot be reverted so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button.

Tough choice...

#4074626 - 02/06/15 04:10 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
You see SkullBiscuit how you help improve my vocabulary...I learned another new word..."Pythonesque". Thanks.... winkngrin

Activating modifications cannot be reverted so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button.

Tough choice...

Yeah, Speyer we're going to lose some sleep pondering that one...eh

#4074632 - 02/06/15 04:19 PM Re: Unlocks are being removed for premium fliers [Re: the soupdragon]  
Sgigi Offline
Sgigi  Offline

So much for the merry band of "quit whining about unlocks it won't change!"

Even though its not the best way to handle it, this just goes to show that whining does accomplish something neaner

Too bad it took them this long to widen up. Maybe the whining wasn't loud enough.

But besides that the fmb is now april/may? Just yesterday zak said march. Who wants to take bets on it hitting after the spring?

And they announce map repaints for 3rd quarter this year. Unless they announce a new theatre soon it looks like development is winding down.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.