Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
#4074133 - 02/05/15 03:28 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. *** [Re: Ghost_swe]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
Btw, anyone noticed Loft`s new sig. Another jab at the unworthy costumer. Iv seen this on other forums with other russian developers. In general, russian have zero respect for westerners. We dont know anything and things they do (dont do) and say, special treatment of the russian market, cheap version etc, pretty much confirms it.

I'd be happy to have him refund the difference between my Gold Founders US$ price and its value in adjusted in Rubles,since the Ruble has lost over 50% of its value since I purchased BoS (as BoS has lost over 50% of its value with me upon official release yep ) and because Russia is a primitive raw material driven economy (quote from Medvedev) dependant upon oil and NG exports of which the glorious Putin has heaped misery upon an already volatile economic environment

Surely Loft and 777 can kick me back over 50% of my inferior western US dollars as a reflection of sound Russian International business practices including the BoS design decisions.....out of course contempt for unworthy westerners biggrin

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4074149 - 02/05/15 03:55 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
"we're considering a possibility to apply additional features to improve immersion in the campaign" (From the BOS Forum, A question on comments by Loft)

We are considering a possibility..... Easy now....don't commit too much here. How many months...and they are considering a possibility to...? A re-evaluation which has been brought about.. not by our complaints and concerns...but by the fiscal reality that the game in it's current design, cannot support a expansion project focusing on other theaters.

I know this is going to take some time.....don't get me wrong, but these guys have collected a lot of money and produced a quick fix product that is obviously substandard.....or we wouldn't be seeing even the "its not a finished product" crowd either remaining silent, dwindling in numbers unable to defend the defenseless, or moving on to greener pastures.

Now the topics are not so much about the game.....as the insensitivity and callousness in the posting. I understand etiquette and some of their complaints hit home for me....but let's set that off to the side. What about this game? I don't want to hear about who got called this or that.....settle it out in PM's. Let's stick to the main question....what are you going to do? What is the mysterious....road map?

They tout their small group of managers...each and every one of them.....has a say. Well, from a business perspective, if this small group is calling the shots it should result in a timely and precise plan of action. Isn't that the beauty of a small business core...free of bureaucracy. Instead we get, bits and pieces in two different languages.

(Takes deep breath) It's really sad, but who knows..perhaps tomorrow will bring clarification of the highest order.....And to the guy who called our forum here a "sewer" I'd just like to say.....it's not a finished product yet...I think that's a mantra he will understand.

#4074167 - 02/05/15 04:22 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
LOL.
"We will form a committee to investigate the possibility of making changes. This committee will be formed after thorough discussion on what it should investigate. There will then be an election process and inevitable recounts and protests. We estimate in just a few months that we'll have people in place to start thinking about changes. At that point, we could be less than two years away from any."

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4074168 - 02/05/15 04:23 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Man if they just made the campaign fun, the unlocks are a non issue. It is so hard to understand why they just don't get it.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4074170 - 02/05/15 04:25 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
They can't admit their design wasn't correct. Because it was theirs.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4074175 - 02/05/15 04:42 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

I think they have at this time given a pretty good indication of the upcoming "big" announcement.

Likely will just be a way to fly without the unlock requirement, and somewhat of a roadmap for the future.

I think they have dug their heels in to the way the SP campaign is designed, and are not likely to change any of it ( with the exception of the unlocks).

Zak has already stated, presets are there to stay.

Last edited by dburne; 02/05/15 04:43 PM.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4074178 - 02/05/15 04:47 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
The thread has already degenerated into a question of etiquette again...that's how it goes in there. People come in and fear for the sensitivity of Loft or Zak. For pete's sakes it's priceless. Do people really run around with these sensitivity issues? Nothing was said that was rude....even.

I'm just a good ole Virginia boy, and we converse around here without playing patty cakes. Respectful yes...but come on, everything these days is about "feelings" and not hurting anyone. This is a product, they produced it, they owe us some explanations. It comes with the job. Priceless....but entertaining all the same.

PS ( I hope I didnt offend anyone, banghead if I did....just remember...Im not a finished product..)..... wave

#4074195 - 02/05/15 05:15 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: JagerNeun]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: JagdNeun
The thread has already degenerated into a question of etiquette again...that's how it goes in there. People come in and fear for the sensitivity of Loft or Zak. For pete's sakes it's priceless. Do people really run around with these sensitivity issues? Nothing was said that was rude....even.

I'm just a good ole Virginia boy, and we converse around here without playing patty cakes. Respectful yes...but come on, everything these days is about "feelings" and not hurting anyone. This is a product, they produced it, they owe us some explanations. It comes with the job. Priceless....but entertaining all the same.

PS ( I hope I didnt offend anyone, if I did....just remember...Im not a finished product..)..... wave

We have to remember that we customers are the proletariat addressing our 777/1CGS political commissar betters

As Orwell stated in Animal Farm

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

Decades of cultural conditioning are dying a slow painful death over there in Soviet Russia

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4074206 - 02/05/15 05:54 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Airdrop01]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Man if they just made the campaign fun, the unlocks are a non issue. It is so hard to understand why they just don't get it.

That is my thinking too.

#4074217 - 02/05/15 06:08 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: JagerNeun]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: JagdNeun

PS ( I hope I didnt offend anyone, banghead if I did....just remember...Im not a finished product..)..... wave

I could see them being a sensitive lot from the beginning. When I dared ask a question here at SimHQ in 2013 about the depth of this game, a SimHQ member attempted to direct me on how to ask the question that would not be hurtful to Jason or the team. I had simply asked a question, it was polite, Jason flies off, and in comes number 1 defender telling me how to ask questions about this sim.

#4074229 - 02/05/15 06:21 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
mugwump Offline
mugwump  Offline

Vancouver, Canuckistan
You heartless monster.

S = k ln W
#4074230 - 02/05/15 06:21 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
How is it that many very small indie developers can create games with custom graphics options yet an established developer with the backing of a huge publisher can't?

#4074232 - 02/05/15 06:24 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: mugwump]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: mugwump
You heartless monster.

lol biggrin

#4074233 - 02/05/15 06:27 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Revvin]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Revvin
How is it that many very small indie developers can create games with custom graphics options yet an established developer with the backing of a huge publisher can't?

I bet it's the GPU manufacturers fault.

#4074238 - 02/05/15 06:30 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Jedi Master]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
LOL.
"We will form a committee to investigate the possibility of making changes. This committee will be formed after thorough discussion on what it should investigate. There will then be an election process and inevitable recounts and protests. We estimate in just a few months that we'll have people in place to start thinking about changes. At that point, we could be less than two years away from any."

The Jedi Master

I think that is rushing a bit. Surely it would be wise to have a pre-meeting to determine the possible make up of the committee that will decide the make up of the committee that will investigate the possibility to form the committee to investigate the possibility of making changes.

It would also be necessary to form a team to discuss the name of the working committee ~ something like "Choices for Options for the Possibility of Change" is probably a good starting point, but it would of course need considerable research into what the market needs before a decision to just do "whatever" and defend it tooth and nail could be made.

#4074242 - 02/05/15 06:34 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Lieste]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Lieste
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
LOL.

The Jedi Master

I think that is rushing a bit. Surely it would be wise to have a pre-meeting to determine the possible make up of the committee that will decide the make up of the committee that will investigate the possibility to form the committee to investigate the possibility of making changes.

It would also be necessary to form a team to discuss the name of the working committee ~ something like "Choices for Options for the Possibility of Change" is probably a good starting point, but it would of course need considerable research into what the market needs before a decision to just do "whatever" and defend it tooth and nail could be made.

Well you have to cover all bases....

LOL great stuff right there.

#4074253 - 02/05/15 06:52 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sgigi Offline
Sgigi  Offline

From zak

"Update.
There's a chance that when we have time/resources such things as SSAO and post contrast may be made optional. So, someday maybe, yep. When the big things are released and when there's time before the next big ones."

#4074256 - 02/05/15 07:04 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
From Jason:

The ROF AI is not broken in the Career. The issue lies in the mission design. Pat just told the AI to fight all the time that is why you see a difference. Maybe he is smarter than us. Pat is not bound to deadlines or budgets so he has had infinite time to build his PWCG and it's great. I tell people to play it all the time if they don't like ours. And there are those that enjoy our ROF career and those that don't. This is an old story. I've requested changes to the ROF Career many times, but budgets, usage stats resources all play a role in what we focus on. But we find ways sometimes to improve things by working with others like Luke who has taken time on our behalf and tweaked different parameters to improve the ROF Career. That's all that has been possible on that front. Loft and I differ on many things in ROF and BOS and are arguments over the years have been brutal, but I am not the final say on design. This has been known for a long time. Out of it comes compromises that help solve problems and improve our titles over time. This community needs to lighten up a bit and stop attacking us and calling us names for making decisions we feel are best for our company. If Loft simplifies things its because it's caused a headache for us in the past and he's trying to make the team more efficient to allow the team to focus on other items we see as more crucial. Having you guys complain on a forum takes no time out of our day, but having to explain to users why their game is running slow does and costs us money.

Jason

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4074265 - 02/05/15 07:24 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Cant believe what im reading over there. nope To sum it up, they wont be doing any changes (mark my words). Remember, as far as i know, they never said anything about removing unlocks. So. in the end, we will be stuck with what we have.

And btw, ME in march, wtf?

Edit, they will be stuck with what they have, im sure as hell am done with this joke of a game.

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 02/05/15 07:26 PM.
#4074266 - 02/05/15 07:28 PM Re: Unlocks will not be removed. [Re: KodiakJac]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
From Jason:
This community needs to lighten up a bit and stop attacking us and calling us names for making decisions we feel are best for our company. If Loft simplifies things its because it's caused a headache for us in the past and he's trying to make the team more efficient to allow the team to focus on other items we see as more crucial. Having you guys complain on a forum takes no time out of our day, but having to explain to users why their game is running slow does and costs us money.

Jason
[/i]

It's the community at fault again then for being nasty, how dare we criticise for feeling misled over what the product was going to be from reading the developer diaries before pre-orders opened, how dare we feel unhappy that the graphics options we had got taken away because a multi million dollar publisher can't back a developer to support graphics options that indie developers working out of their bedrooms and garages can.

Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.